Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
111 W. Water St
New Buffalo, MI 49117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terraceroomhg.com/
- Phone: (269) 469-7950
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jenny Drilon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate rooms for 8 to a event spaces for 80.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Kemper 2694699900x
A word from Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
Enjoy rustic Italian cuisine with a waterfront view. Handmade pastas and regional dishes inspired by the season are complemented by a carefully curated wine list and Terrace Room’s intimate fireside setting. When weather allows, the outdoor terrace is one of Harbor Country’s most beautiful dining spots.Continued
Dinner and drinks daily from 5pm.
Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Dinner and drinks daily from 5pm.
Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand - Best Restaurants in New Buffalo ›
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)romantic (25)special occasion (23)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First Time ThereSilsDined on 11/14/2014OUTSTANDING Service. Spectacular food. Just an overall great experience! Thank you Wayne And Ondi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinnerWinoDined on 11/10/2014It was so quiet and romantic; it was the perfect setting. The wine list was great and we really enjoyed our meal. Our serverice was excellent; everyone was very attentive.Special Features:
- RobertaDined on 10/31/2014Great service (Nicki). Delicious food. Celebrated my birthday there and want to come back soon.Special Features:
- Great intimate placeGreatfindDined on 10/26/2014We had a beautiful spot near a window which we requested. The food and wine were delicious. We had an after dinner drink on the terrace in front of a fire pit and wrapped in a blanket...very cozy on a cool night. They had the ingredients to make s'mores at no extra cost, but we were too full!Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic eveningMrTomDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service. Everything was delicious. We both had the Seafood Ciappino which is essentially a bowl full of calamari, oysters, mussels, cod, and crab meat, served in a tomato based broth (awesome). The bartender was nice and mixed us drinks not listed on the menu. The servers and staff were very polite and responsive. Would definitely go again. Also their chocolate gelato is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Onion DipLannieDined on 10/24/2014Never would I have thought that I would be so obsessed with an onion dip. The homemade chips and onion dip with caramelized onions was to die for! I almost didn't want the amazing lamb chops I also had. I would have been happy to dine on chips and dip! Great drink specials. Little noisy.Special Features:
- Great when staying at harbor grandCalpolycatDined on 10/17/2014Just a walk downstairs when staying at the harbor grand hotel. Food was very good, we had the calamari frito appetizer, salmon and seafood choppino, and it was all good. Our only complaint is that its a very small room and it gets pretty warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerQuestLuvDined on 10/15/2014I brought my beautiful girlfriend to the Terrace Room for her birthday. We had an amazing dinner. Loved the atmosphere and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Harbor CountryMurphy888Dined on 10/10/2014The Terrace Room is tucked away under the Grand hotel. During the warm summer months, you will have a beautiful water view with plenty of trees in a nicely landscaped yard. Service is prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. During the cooler nights, The Terrace Room was clever enough to install a wonderful outdoor glass fireplace along with toasty blankets. We had a wait for our table, but we enjoyed our cocktails around the fire and were so comfortable and were able to meet several other equally content diners. The food is top notch (Ravioli) and a good wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationcyanceyVIPDined on 10/10/2014This intimate dining experience was perfect for my birthday celebration with my family. Everyone in our group expressed their opinion that their meal was the finest. A huge hit with all in our group. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Lovely Anniversary DinnerLakeMichiganLovebirdsDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary at the Terrace Room and had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, the staff knowledgable, warm, and friendly and the atmosphere was perfect for our special occasion. We would definitely return and recommend this restaurant to a friend. We especially appreciated the fantastic customer service we received throughout our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravioliDined on 10/4/2014Delicious food. Great service. Always visit when in Michigan. Have recommended to a number of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingdakodaDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed my first time at the Terrace Roomthe food was amazing it was the best meal I have ever eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready for a returnLocalloveroffoodDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed this very much. It was much smaller than I anticipated but, in fact, that made it quite quaint. This was a special occasion celebration for a birthday and it definitely fit the bill. The food was delicious, the service superb!!Special Features:
- Don't miss it!MchaffeeDined on 9/12/2014The terrace room was such a perfect place to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Great service, wonderful food, and wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soStLmanDined on 9/7/2014So so. So so. Just ok will not go back. Service was very good, mgr concerned and conscious but food was so so
- As UsualdmfoodDined on 9/5/2014We go here often and never have been disappointed. Good service and good food.Special Features:
- Not as expected!funtimeDined on 8/23/2014Sorry to report that the restaurant did not live up to the advertising expectations..For one thing, the outdoor boasts a lake view when all you can see are the tops of the boats...! Plus it was not crowded at all & we still were not able to be seated outside, which is why we chose the place. We were told they were 'short-staffed' ~ All in all, a so-so place - probably would not go back - but our server, Amber, was fantastic!Special Features:
- Very niceunionpiervisitorDined on 8/22/2014Great restaurant overall. Nice atmosphere! If you are in the area eat here, much nicer than some of the other casual places. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront dinning at its best.BillDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderfull dinner this week under the stars. The food was excellent and the service the same even though they seemed to be a server short. The buss staff was on the ball. They are open for dinner only, but if your in New Buffalo at dinner time, make it a point to get there.Special Features:
- Rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We had a terrible experience at this restaurant from start to finish. The waitress was incredibly rude and the food was fair. We never had our water glasses filled throughout the entire dinner. The waitress went out of her way to be nicer to other tables that we could obviously hear and she had an attitude with my family. My son was served a small plate of the smallest amount of pasta which took up @ 1/4 of the plate. It was evident in surrounding tables of kids dishes that other children's plates were over flowing with food. The waitress at the end had the nerve to come up to my father and tell him that he should be nicer to his son-in-law. I wanted to share with others our unfriendly, unequal, and overall disappointing experience.
- Pricey for average food.LucaVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place is average. They charge big city/Chicago prices for food that's notably sub-par by comparison ($18 for a basic Pappardelle Bolognese that should rock, but screams amateur).Special Features:
- Very goodSouthWestDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant dinner here. Our waitress was great! Top-Notch service at every level. Our entrees were well prepared and the apps we address were very tasty the Shrimp Scampi app was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace TreatIUTravellerDined on 8/5/2014This is the restaurant of the Harbor Grand Hotel, located on Lake Michigan in New Buffalo, MI. Lovely setting: willow trees, boats, wild geese. Food was excellent with many interesting choices. We had a pasta dish of orchiette, asparagus, sugar snap peas, Caesar salad; tomato basil soup, caprese salad; good wine options, good bread. Might instead have ordered choppino stew. Wonderful dessert menu too. Service was first rate. A real treat.Special Features:
- Biased Chicago ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Caprese appetizer salad was fresh and flavorful, but my papardelle Bolognese was average at best. Waiter brought me a beer glass that had lipstick on it, but in his defense he caught it before pouring and brought me another clean glass. Maybe I am biased being Italian and from Chicago where Italian food is a dime a dozen but you have a better chance finding something better than the Terrace Room in New Buffalo. Try Bentwood Tavern or Stray Dog.Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand reviews archive.
- DianeOHDined on 7/25/2014Ate on the patio overlooking the marina. Good menu that was scaled down & not overwhelming. Had antipasto app and some of the best homemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta. Yummy. They had a gas fireplace outside at nite too. Enjoyed it and would definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and deliciousLindaODined on 7/24/2014It was a cool evening so it was delightful to be sitting in sunshine, looking at harbor. Food was great tasting from salad thru dessert . Enjoyed experience and will go back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter13009Dined on 7/23/2014Sister restaurant to Bentwood Tavern. Italian menu and we enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Very pleasant experience. Enjoyed dining on the patio with our out of town guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit. The food is extremely good. Great antipasto platter and very good bruschetta. The pappadelle bolognese was rich and delicious. We had a fabulous dessert-chocolate with a hazelnut crust. Good choice of local wines. Our server Amber could not have been nicer. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerfun2dineoutDined on 7/10/2014The terrace room is a very charming, warm and attentive dining option in New Buffalo. We ate on the outdoor patio that was very comfortable with wonderful views of the harbor. The food from the thoughtful menu was very good and carefully prepared. The service was also very good. There was plenty of staff tending to guests with our server being very attentive. If there was a time she felt she didn't attend to us as quickly as she would have liked to, she acknowledged it and apologized, but in our minds it was never an issue. She surprised us with a complimentary desert to celebrate our anniversary (which she learned about from the comments section at Open Table). Overall, a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace RestaurantTraveler2Dined on 7/6/2014Great Italian food! The only disappointment was the Pinot Noir. Very weak flavor. Otherwise, everything was super!Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinnerCarrieDined on 7/4/2014Very accommodating - pricey though. Waitress was great. Beautiful night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014First of all, the food was fantastic. We each had a pasta dish and it was served hot and tasted fresh and homemade. The only thing we noticed was the restaurant was quite noisy. It was small and cozy, but hard to have a nice conversation over the noise. I think they could use something to buffer the sound.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydmfoodDined on 6/17/2014We have dined here on many occasions. We went here for our wedding anniversary a few nights ago. The service was great as was the food. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Everything was awesome!HappyDined on 6/13/2014My favorite is the rainbow trout. Our friends had the linguine and clams, chicken Parmesan, and Ceaser salads. All were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerVito46383Dined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The staff acknowledged it and brought our dessert with a little candle on it for the occasion. Great food, reasonable pricing. Good wine and beer list, and my wife enjoyed a peach martini. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close getaways.liketotravelDined on 6/7/2014We have probably had dinner here at least a dozen times. Entries have always been VG-Italian-and lean toward the healthy side-never a disappointment. The wine list has a very good selection, however, I just love their good old fashioned Vodka Martini-straight up. The restaurant interior is elegant, though we always eat outdoors because of our traveling companion Remy-Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The outdoor dining area surrounded by trees, the fire pit in the center, and a wait staff that has always been outsanding, makes it a truly relaxing experience. Well worth the 75 mile drive from Chicago and get away from all those restaurants that are spoiled by too close seating and noisy, obnoxious patrons.Special Features:
- TheTerrace RoomAFChicagoDined on 5/23/2014I had heard good things about the Terrace Room - and it was good. Not terrific but I thought the food was well done. We started with a vegetable "tempura" - liked it. Our salads were fine. I ordered the trout and it was ok - nothing special. My friend had the salmon that I liked better. Others ordered the papadelle and it was chewy. The sauce was ok but not spiced enough. Nice staff - I would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2014As good as always. One of our favorite restaurants in Harbour countrySpecial Features: