Terrace on Peachtree
176 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Terrace on Peachtree
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellishotel.com/terrace
- Phone: 6786512770
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm 5:30-11PM Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Blackerby
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 5-100 we think outside the box. Beautiful customized menus to fit your budget requirements
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve for up to 30 for your private affair...special celebration, rehearsal dinner or buy out for reception up to 100 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Olya Rostova 8886392468
- Cross Street: Ellis Street
- Public Transit: Peachtree Center stops just south of the front doors of The Ellis Hotel where Terrace is located. Follow signs to Ellis Street from platform.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is located on the Ellis Street side of the hotel, just before the intersection of Ellis and Peachtree. When dining at Terrace on Peachtree valet parking is offered at a special rate of $5.00 at the front desk of the hotel. Valet will park your car and prior to completing your meal, please present your ticket to your wait staff to have validated and we will have your car waiting for you when you are ready to go.
A word from Terrace on Peachtree
It is our belief that the food we grow and cook in the place that we call home, defines who we are. It is in this spirit that we strive to celebrate local and regional farmers, fishermen, and purveyors by cooking food that recaptures the pure simple flavors and tastes of natural and organic ingredients whenever possible. We also strive to raise awareness for a more local and sustainable food culture in the future, while working to re-establish a sense of community dating from a simpler, more homegrown era. That "just picked" quality and flavors are what our chefs are seeking. Working closely with famers and artesian producers who have the capacity to provide us with the freshest of products possible. We like to call it "Farm to Table."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrace on Peachtree reviews from OpenTable diners
- We dined here for breakfastPattiVIPDined on 12/3/2012We dined here for breakfast and had the buffet. There were many choices and everything was very tasty. Very reasonably priced for the quality of items provided.
- Being a fixed menu for T-giving,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012Being a fixed menu for T-giving, it is difficult to give a fair recommendation. The food was good, although the turkey was a roll and not "real" turkey...Special Features:
- Was a marvelous ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012Was a marvelous Thanksgiving mean offered here. Service was more than adequate and pleasant. Totally enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- We went for the 4 course ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012We went for the 4 course Thanksgiving Dinner with matched wines at each course. It started well with mushrooms in filo pastry and continued with a very pleasant curried coconut soup. This was all leading up to the turkey main course and that is where things came off the rails! I had assumed that for an expensive dinner (it came out to $238 for two in the end) that the restaurant would actually cook a turkey but what appeared was very obviously a turkey roll and probably frozen at that. To compound the problem, my turkey was cool but just about eatable but my wife's was just cold. By the time we managed to get the waiter over she'd given up and turned down the offer to warm it up. A pity because the sides were very nice.
- 1st Visit, will be back!GTJacket71VIPDined on 11/16/2012Service was great but food even better. Beef bourgingone (sic) was especially delicious. Would go back for that dish alone. Great spot for pre-theater dinner and drinks...if going to Theatrical Outfit. Nice upstairs Terrace overlooking Peachtree...somewhat of a New Orleans feel outside, expecting to hear some bead lovers yell "Throw me!"Special Features:
- Lunch on a friday, no oneJanaDined on 11/9/2012Lunch on a friday, no one was there. Took a long time to get our food, but when it came it was decent.
- A big disappointment ....DrrobVIPDined on 11/2/2012Arrived for a late night dinner so place nearly deserted- ordered the crab cakes - they had a smell of old oil and tasted like the oil had been used to fry fish- it was awful- the server offered to bring something else so I ordered a veggie dish- even that was less than appealing- have eaten here about a half a dozen times because it is convenient to several theaters in area but it is hit or miss- have had both good and bad experiences- this one being a bad one- need to find another " go to..." as I am tired of playing the odds
- A consistent problem is theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2012A consistent problem is the slow service between courses. Seated quickly, waters supplied promptly, entree orders taken - then long wait for the food, after finally served, a quick check on how everything was, then left alone - no inquires if anything was needed, long wait for dishes to be cleared - ordered deserts - long wait for course to be served - then long wait for check. Pick up the pace between courses and the experience would be greatly improved.
- Great food! Local food sourcesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012Great food! Local food sources used with detail to freshness.Special Features:
- The beef bourguignon was cookedMattDined on 10/20/2012The beef bourguignon was cooked well and tender. Shrimp and grits was also good.Special Features:
- This restaurant should suitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2012This restaurant should suit locavores to a T. Locally grown everything, whenever possible. GREAT daily specials. We ate outside on an upstairs terrace, and our server could not have been more accomodating. I would go there again.Special Features:
- 5 stars from me across the boardLisaBVIPDined on 10/17/2012Saw this on opentble and was attracted to the farm to table menu concept. Saw negative service reviews but my experience was far from it. Food amazing, creative, fresh, and beautiful. Had a wonderful bottle of wine (thanks to new beverage manager!). Sous chef came out after my meal to spend a few minutes to chat. So cool. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2012In town for a conference, and not knowing the area, I chose Terrace on Peachtree to support local growers and to enjoy a quiet dinner. (found on Open Table) Terrace did not disappoint! All four of us had a fine dinner choice - chops, steak, fish and pork belly. No one left a morsel -- DE-LISH! Not just finished, we all enjoyed dessert. Raves for the dinner, service, quiet location and walking distance from the Marriott or Hyatt. When we return in 2 years, I plan a second visit. Thank you,Special Features:
- food was okay.....nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2012food was okay.....nothing special. seemed like a place more suited for a business dinner than a special occiasion.
- We did not stay, there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2012We did not stay, there was a bad odor in resturant and no one was there.. We went to Houston's.
- When we booked into the EllisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012When we booked into the Ellis we were excited that they had a farm to table restaurant, and wanted to support that. We sat out on their terrace which has a good view of the main Peachtree St. The menu has some great selections and there is also a pre fix menu. Everything from salad to dessert was amazing and with the four of us sometimes it hard to find something we all agree is that good.Special Features:
- Excellent SalmonTank2kVIPDined on 8/28/2012An absolutely fantastic meal, I had the Salmon, It was fantastic, and I would definitely go again and highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- We found this restaurant afterTMacVIPDined on 8/22/2012We found this restaurant after searching on the term 'Comfort Food,' and were not disappointed. Our table was on the second-floor terrace overlooking Peachtree Street which served as a pleasant, although sometime chaotic backdrop for a wonderful dining experience. Our comfort food included Shrimp and Grits as well as a Spring Chicken dish served with a Bourbon-sauce.Special Features:
- Very good food, uninspired restauraOU812VIPDined on 8/14/2012Food was terrific. Chef knows what they are doing! Unfortunately the front of house is run poorly not unlike the uninspired service and atmosphere you might find in a hotel restaurant. I might come back for the food but I wouldn't bring anyone with me...
- My daughter and I had a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012My daughter and I had a lovely lunch at The Terrace. We were visiting Atlanta for the week and received a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the service was attentive. I really appreciated the $5 valet parking. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- This was my second visit butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/7/2012This was my second visit but brought along three Atlanta friends. They loved the experience. The wait staff was very attentive and made excellent recommendations when asked about favorite dishes. we enjoyed our evening immensely.The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The Terrace is becoming my favorite Atlanta restaurant when I am in town.Special Features:
- Good meal in a convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2012Good meal in a convenient location to the hotel we were staying in.
- Went here for Restaurant Week,superkimVIPDined on 7/28/2012Went here for Restaurant Week, so the meals might not be the same as their normal fare. That said, my meal was delicious (the sweet potato bisque was spot-on) but my girlfriend's meal was pretty awful. I think with their farm-to-table philosophy, its better to stay with the classics. Terrace is inside the Ellis hotel and overlooks Peachtree Street. The view is nothing special, but eating on the terrace is pleasant so long as its not too hot outside. The interior is tasteful, but also nothing special. Definitely a date place; I personally wouldn't come here with a group.Special Features:
- We had a great corner tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2012We had a great corner table and really enjoyed our dinner. Service was good. Carbonara was very rich and a little disappointing. Shrimp and grits was spot on.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2012I really enjoyed this restaurant (service/food) and plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Great place to dine downtown!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Food was excellent. Red snapper with squash fabulous! Pork chop fit for two, cooked just right, and seasoned to perfection. Dessert menu was also superb. I will definitely return and recommend to friends. Great location. Walking distance to downtown attractions. The place to dine before an event at the Rialto, or Balzer Theatre at Herren's.Special Features:
- The only thing is our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012The only thing is our waiter seemed a lottle pre-occupied.Special Features:
- Had three dinners at The Terrace.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/14/2012Had three dinners at The Terrace. Each one was very good----service good---menu was varied and interesting. After 3 consecutive nights, we were still not tired of it! On the other hand, had one breakfast at The Terrace ----it took 45 minutes to get our food. We had to seek out the waiter to find out what happened to our order. I think they lost the order, but there was no apology. Night crew is much stronger than the day crew. Wouldn't recommend it for breakfast.Special Features:
- It is my understanding thatLUVGREATFOODVIPDined on 7/12/2012It is my understanding that when you visit a restaurant and another table is very loud and disruptive, the proper procedure is to notify the server, who in turn, lets the manager know. We had a table of ten seated in the small dining room and each person at that table tried to talk louder than the next one. The four of us could not have a conversation during dinner. We asked our server about moving and was told that all vacant tables were reserved. We were very disappointed in the way this situation was ignored by the staff and management. I think the food was good, but there was no way to enjoy it.
- The food was wonderful. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012The food was wonderful. I had a perfectly grilled and cut pork chop covered with a cider jus. The mashed potatoes that I ordered with it was delicious. The Hennessy tasted different, more aged or refined. The ambience was perfect and the atmosphere was very welcoming. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food is always amazing butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2012Food is always amazing but the service is very slow!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was so tastefulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/28/2012The atmosphere was so tasteful and relaxing. The service was noteworthy and the food was both delightful to the eye and delicious. We enjoyed the calamari and fried green tomatoes. Entre's were wonderful and desserts to "die for." Staff went out of their way to make our experience memorable.Special Features:
- Took my sister here to letOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012Took my sister here to let her know her younger brother has some class. Felt like a true yupie which was fine. Out door seating it a must.Special Features:
- The Terrace Restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/26/2012The Terrace Restaurant was an awesome choice for a refreshing/relaxing, memorable, Downtown Atlanta, farm to table dining experience! Asia, our Server, was extremely knowledgeable of the menu choices and guided us to awesome selections! The appetizers, entrees and peach/citrus sangria were exceptional!Highly recommend this great restaurant housed in the exciting Ellis Hotel! On a future trip to Atlanta, the Terrace Restaurant has already influenced my decision to lodge at the Ellis where wholesome, delicious food reigns!Special Features:
- Bad night for the staff?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Good food, but the service was extremely lacking. After being informed that our waitress was too busy and being passed off to another, we repeatedly had to ask for service. We were told that the specials were on a card at the table, water glasses ran dry, wine glasses ran, the food took forever, and generally our group was treated like an add-on table out in the hallway. The food was good, but not worth the wait.Special Features:
- Great service and food. AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Great service and food. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Best vegetarian food I've ever hadMartinDined on 6/13/2012Wow. Just wow. I would never have gone to a hotel restaurant if I had known it was part of the hotel. I'm *so* glad I did. This place was awesome. Outdoor seating amidst a rain storm was just the start. I had the pasta/tofu dish, in which I never even noticed the tofu, and the cauliflower was the best I've ever had. The dish was a mix between cauliflower tempura and grilled veggies and spinach ravoli. I will come back to downtown Atlanta just with the obsession of finding this restaurant again. I don't usually review things as spectacular, but this was.Special Features:
- We were given a 6:30 slotfoodloverDined on 6/8/2012We were given a 6:30 slot by Open Table which would have made us late for the play at the Balzer. We almost went somewhere else. However the restaurant called us to say they couldn't guarantee that we would make it. they suggested 6:00 which was not a choice when I booked thru Open Table. We are so glad we went. The wine was excellent although the waiter brought me a second even though I didn't order it. (Very expense choice. The outside dining was so perfect. Our waiter was very good, and the food was divine. ThanksSpecial Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012This was our second visit to Terrace. Love the farm-to-table seasonal menu. Selections are innovative and delicious. Server was informative, helpful, and attentive. Great experiences here.Special Features:
- First time there while visiting anSteakloverVIPDined on 5/26/2012First time there while visiting and look forward to returning.Special Features: