4625 Piedmont Row Drive
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://terracecafecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7045546177x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 7:00AM-2:30PM; Tuesday-Saturday 7:00AM-9:00PM; Sunday 8:00AM-2:30PM. Closed For Dinner Sunday and Monday nights.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Yes, we provide catering for all types of events, parties, and receptions.
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs seating
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Penick (828) 773-4935x
A word from Terrace Cafe
Terrace Cafe is an upscale breakfast, lunch, and dinner cafe located in the heart of South Park Charlotte. The cafe boasts an extensive menu of homemade items taken from family recipes. Full service bar, skilled baristas, and opportunities for private parties also available.Continued
We are open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We take reservations for Dinner hours. Breakfast and Lunch are Walk-In only.
We are open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We take reservations for Dinner hours. Breakfast and Lunch are Walk-In only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrace Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good but no longer that special ...Manatee4meVIPDined on 6/7/2014I used to look forward to interesting & creative meals at Terrace Cafe, but the menu has drastically changed since I last ate there and the fare is much simpler. It's very good but just not that special anymore. There are many breakfast items now available all day and overall prices seemed to be lower, both good things. My egg white vegetable omelet was excellent and my friend enjoyed her burger and fires, but I was expecting a more "foodie" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Terrace Cafe reviews archive.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We went during dinner, not knowing that this is traditionally a brunch / breakfast hot spot. The food was absolutely delicious. Across the group, we ordered a mix of dinner entrees, salads, and breakfast items, and everything was delicious. Would recommend!Special Features:
- Dinner weak, but breakfast all dayLKNDinerVIPDined on 4/30/2014(Full review on Yelp, limited in text here). We went for dinner mid-week. It was my first time here, and I found the ambiance cold (literally & figuratively). Waiter and manager were both very friendly. We were pleased to see they now offer breakfast all day long (always a plus when it's fresh and tasty). However, we were sad to see their dinner & lunch menu seemed a bit watered down. This is clearly a great place for breakfast, brunch & lunch - dinner, not so much. I'm told they used to have a delicious pork chop entree - but it's completely gone from the menu and the kitchen (we asked). I ordered the soup of the day (basil tomato) which was great! I got the chicken salad with a "large scoop" of the chicken salad on top. Not a big scoop.Special Features:
- First Time DinnerCharlotteTomDined on 4/25/2014Thought we'd heard about this as a great breakfast place we decided to try it out for dinner. The Fish and Chips was nice variation on the original(which I've had in England). The batter was quite thick but thoroughly cooked and seasoned delicately to ADD to the flavor of the fish not hide it. My only complaint was there were too many chips(French fries) but they were hot and lightly salted. Neither the fish nor the fries were dripping in oil like another local place, which serves them in baskets to let the oil drip onto the plate! Blah! The fillet was very large- at least a half pound- moist and tender. For dessert we split the Lemon Chiffon Cake. Very soft, light and lemony. A great finish to the fish and chips.Special Features:
- Easter (Breakfast) for dinnerCuldesacGirlsDined on 4/19/2014Food was a hit with our group of seven. Lighting was harsh (too bright). Waitstaff was excellent. A breakfast-y smell upon walking in was a little off-putting. Fantastic food!Special Features:
- Dinner is a Quiet AffairLeAnnSkiDined on 4/9/2014If you like dining at a very quiet restaurant this is the place. Was there at 6 p.m. on a Wednesday and we were the only diners in the place until about 6:30 when one other couple arrived and then about 6:45 a family with children came in. The food was very good. I have been at the Terrace Cafe for breakfast when a seat is a half hour wait sometimes. They have a decent wine list and a full service bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Great food, good options for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Some good healthy choices. Very accommodating to specific needs. Enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCharlesDined on 3/29/2014Made reservations and arrived to find that there were no tables available. They opened up the upstairs for our family to get us seated and made sure that we were taken care of. That level of service is outstanding! I was worried that we would be forgotten since we were the only ones upstairs, but two waiters made sure that everything went smoothly. The food and service were great and the kids loved having the balcony to ourselves for dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningBBBarDined on 3/28/2014Four girlfriends spent a very pleasant evening at Terrace Café. This is a casual , fairly priced restaurant in the Piedmont Row area. It was not busy and the service was quick. The wine list is small, so it led me to believe that this is mainly a breakfast /lunch type of place. Everyone enjoyed their food, especially the side cobb salad with little onion rings on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brinner OptionsJohnDined on 3/12/2014We recently ate here for a quick meeting and loved the experience. The restaurant wasn't too crowded on a Wednesday night around 6pm and we got fantastic service and some of the best food we could. We all had breakfast for dinner - chicken and waffles (superb), omelet (great), shrimp and grits (terrific), and some kid's animal shaped pancakes. All were delicious. We also had the chocolate cake for dessert and it was phenomenal. Limited beer selection, but all local stuff - which was nice. Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- It was good food, but not Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I much prefer the location in Ballantyne than South Park. Ballantyne's location is larger, they stay open later, the food is better and they have more options on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerracefoodloverDined on 2/25/2014First time there and will go back for dinner. Place is packed for lunch and our experience for dinner was quiet and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for Breakfast/LunchSterbsDined on 2/21/2014Terrace Cafe is excellent for breakfast or lunch. I highly recommend it. Dinner, on the other hand, is good but not memorable. I will say the Ballantyne location has better ambiance. The South Park restaurant just seemed kind of empty and brightly lit, even on a Friday night--although it was quiet and nice to be able to have a conversation with friends at the table. The food was very good, especially for the price, and the service was excellent. I can't say I was disappointed with any aspect of my experience there, but at the same time I did not leave excited to go back again. It's certainly worth a visit if you haven't yet been, but it's not at the top of my Charlotte restaurant recommendations.
- Great FoodMsAmeliaBDined on 2/21/2014They put a spit on the originals to make it delicious! I had grilled chicken but it was stuffed with cranberry / apple chutney and my vegetarian friend had their veggie plate and loved the pesto quinoa patties. I had a taste and they were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent-Terim123VIPDined on 2/15/2014The service was excellent- food mediocre at best. A disapppointment. No creativity with menu.
- GREAT SERVICE FOOD WAS VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014GREAT SERVICE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD !!! CRAB CAKES EXCELLANT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our valentine'sCourtDined on 2/14/2014Perfect for our valentine's date. Food was perfect, service was excellent and loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day dinnerBruceDined on 2/14/2014We like the Terrace because of their lobster bisque. It is the best. Portions are largeSpecial Features:
- Pleasant Dinner out with friendsDianaDined on 2/5/2014Very enjoyable dinner. We visited on a Wednesday evening so the restaurant was quite. The service was very good and the food delicious. I had the Flounder which was grilled nicely and very moist with a pesto sauce on the plate not over the fish. The Fried Chicken and the Fried Chicken with Bacon Waffles were tried and complimented by our friends. The waiter was knowledgeable about the wine list and his recommendations were helpful. We also had a number of appetizers and all were good with generous portions. We were too full to tried the desserts but they sounded delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantash222Dined on 2/5/2014We have been wanting to try Terrace Café for a long time and finally got around to it for dinner. For a long time, we were the only ones in the restaurant, and while we were there they only sat 4 other tables. Even with that, the service was pretty slow. We sat for at least 15 minutes before our order was taken. The food was good. I enjoyed their vegetable platter which was different from the standard veggie plate. My husband ordered the lobster bisque and the lobster ravioli, which was pretty much the same dish and in a heavy cream sauce which wasn't his favorite. Overall, the experience was just ok. We do want to give it another try as we've heard great things but just didn't experience it. The biscuits were divine though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdkcmDined on 1/25/2014We came for Queen's Feast and had a great meal. Everything was delicious. We were all trying each others dinner. The wedge salad was yummy and the terrace fried chicken was wonderful and the pumpkin praline cheesecake was awesome. Our waiter Michael was very helpful with helping us decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed but will try againMcsatt31Dined on 1/25/2014I have heard so much about brunch at Terrace Café that I was a little disappointed with dinner. I went for restaurant week and the menu options was the reason I selected the restaurant. The fried green tomatoes were delicious, but they ran out of both dessert options. The ambience was nice, but I wouldn't say it was romantic. I will try to go back, but for brunch next time.Special Features:
- The food's always good andGDJRDined on 1/25/2014The food's always good and the service attentive. Decor is minimalistic. No soft surfaces to dampen the noise. The food and availability of reservations keeps bringing me back, but I wish it wasn't so noisey.Special Features:
- Great Shrimp and GritsHughDined on 1/25/2014Celebrated a number of birthdays for the family and everyone was happy. My shrimp and grits was a different style than I'm used to but very flavorful and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014I have eaten at Terrace multiple times and was pleased to see the quality of the food did not change during a busy restaurant week. I especially liked the wedge salad - it could have been commonplace but the flavors of the bacon and crispy onions added some punch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service2DinersDined on 1/24/2014Nice Staff, Pleasant atmosphere. Enjoyed the food. Great deal for Restaurant week. Look forward to going back for the regular menu. Highly recommend the fried tomato appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great but Lighting Very BrightkristinabrownDined on 1/24/2014We came for the Queen's Feast and so only had a limited menu. The lobster bisque was very yummy, the steak was plain, the fried chicken was excellent, the sides were great and their pumpkin praline cheesecake was to die for...well, not literally but it was a great ending with coffee! The lighting was quite bright, and made it feel more casual than the food showed. We will definitely be visiting there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen's FeastHnBEDined on 1/18/2014The service was wonderful and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. My main course (shrimp and grits) was really good but my husbands steak was just mediocre. I loved the biscuits with honey butter (yum) and jam. We had the sweet jalapeno jam which was surprisingly good. We also had the fried green tomatoes that were ok. They were bland and while the breading was cooked well and kind of too much, the tomatoes were not as cooked as we would have liked.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/17/2014We eat at Terrace Cafe all the time & we were quite disappointed this time. The fried green tomatoes were really small & didn't come with the greens that we always get with them. The salmon portion was also very small, however, very tasty. The flavor of the pesto quinoa was tasty but way over cooked. I cook quinoa & it is never mushy. We did not choose the $30 restaurant week menu so we were surprised with the size of the portions. I've never been disappointed with the salmon in the past & I've had it at least a dozen times before. I've also never had the fried green tomatoes with out the greens. I don't think we'll come the next time it is restaurant week...perhaps that will help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Tops FooddenisdinesDined on 1/17/2014Some of the food was good, but overall nothing outstanding here. The service was very good. Very attentive. Although one of the busyboys did have a body odor problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute star!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2014Excellent food! Superb service! Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best breakfast everJenniferDined on 1/1/2014We had not been in a while due to our last experience and it was well worth comming back. The food was amazing... service was on point. BF had shrimp and grits... he said they are the best he has ever had... he swears each time he comes back they are somehow better than the last time. I ordered the chicken and waffles which were equally amazing. The waffle was perfectly browned and crisp.. the chicken super tender, well seasoned and not the least bit greasy.. breading was nice and light. The combo of chicken, waffle, syrup and hot sauce was so good I stuffed myself and had to take a nap. We both agreed we should eat there more often after this experience.Special Features:
- A little less than expectedDondonVIPDined on 12/31/2013Perhaps it was because it was New Year's eve, but I was more disappointed in the food and service at the Terrace café than any time I've visited them in the past. The first course, oysters, was really disappointing. Usually their oysters are among the best things on their menu, but on this dish, it tasted like over-battered hushpuppies on a bed of pimento cheese. The server, while extremely friendly, took an exceedingly long time in delivering cocktails to the table, and even then, one of them had to go back because it was wrong. I've loved visiting the terrace café over the years, and hope it returns to it's former fantastic self. This visit, however, made me reconsider returning at all.
- Good foodFoodloverDined on 12/31/2013The ambiance does not give the food justice. I went for a romantic dinner but the lights in the downstairs dining room were on full blast and then the host sits a large party right beside us and it just killed the mood even more. So I know not to go there for a romantic dinner but the food was great so we decided to bring some friends to try brunch and it was amazing. A grest spot for friends and colleagues to meet and eat but def not to be romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentDinerDined on 12/12/2013The quality of the food always is among the best restaurants in Charlotte yet is a more moderately priced. The service is always good and, unlike many popular and larger, more crowded restaurants, you can actually carry on a conversation without having to yell across the table. Excellent food for a reasonable price in a very comfortable setting.
- Cafe feel...yosojazzyfizzleDined on 11/23/2013The atmosphere does not fit the food. Phenomenal food choices and to die for chicken and waffles, they give a twist to traditional southern cuisine, but instead of a "cafe" feel its more of a cafeteria feel. Based on location you would think to dress to impress but jeans are more the feel. Other than that, the food is what was important and it lives upto its ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!Sarahbelle10Dined on 11/7/2013I brought my friend who was visiting from out of town to Terrace Cafe. Terrace Cafe had been on my list of places that I had wanted to try since I moved here last year. We were impressed with the drink menu, as well as the Southern classics on the food menu. The shrimp and grits were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with a twistDengigDined on 11/5/2013Piedmont Row has a couple of big expensive restaurants. ....and then it has a couple of genuine treasures. On notable establishment, The Terrace, always served breakfast and lunch but now serves dinner as well. Of course, with contemporary Southern menus tend to bleed over into each other. My wife clamed the shrimp and grits were the best she ever had (she has had a lot). The Blue Crab Bisque was thick enough to be a meal unto itself, and there was no scrimping on the crab meat. The Sweet Potato Bisque was a surprise, hearty enough for a meal and sweet enough for a dessert. I noticed a full coffee bar and interesting dessert menu, but was to full to try. Prices are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!emaclineDined on 10/26/2013I love everything about this restaurant...the ambience, the food (never disappointed - always with a unique flavorful twist), the unique silverware and water glasses...the biscuits w/spicy jelly, the breakfast and brunch offerings, the special coffees and teas, the desserts! I love the details such as the scripture at the hostess stand and even the mints by the door :) Also, Terrace Café coupons are one of the reasons I buy the Charlotte Citypass book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in love...StuffedVIPDined on 10/23/2013... I don't know if it was the wine or what, but I loved everything I consumed!! We ordered the calamari and crab dip and I was in heaven. I ordered the crab soup and bourbon salmon and i couldn't stop eating. Everything was soooo delicious!! So much that I've made another reservation in a week for when my mom is visiting from California!! YUMMMM!Special Features: