Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne
14815 Ballantyne Village Way Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terracecafecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7043695190x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 8:00AM-10:00PM
Friday - Saturday 8:00AM-12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gary Fenimore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a small banquet room that can accommodate up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Whitney, General Manager 8776359894
- Entertainment: Live music several times a week, call for info.
A word from Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne
Boasting awards for all three meal periods, Terrace Cafe of Ballantyne serves eclectic American cuisine with a creative touch.Continued
We are open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We take reservations for Dinner hours. Breakfast and Lunch are Walk-In only.
We are open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We take reservations for Dinner hours. Breakfast and Lunch are Walk-In only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- WonderfulSandy7VIPDined on 8/2/2014Terrace Cafe,in Ballantyne, is wonderful for brunch,lunch,dinner or late night snacks. The food is very good,not great but very good. Service was marvelous! The VERY BEST sweet potatoe fries EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMsJonesDined on 7/26/2014We both had the delicious surf and turf dinner for less than $20. The service was just right, and food was very good overall. We had the crab soup first. It was very tasty, but we only found about 1/5 of a spoonful of actual crab in it unfortunately. The only real negative was that we didn't care for the little (dry/stale) biscuits before dinner. Bread or rolls would have been much better choices. It was a special occasion, moms birthday celebration, and even though I mentioned that when I made the reservations, it was never really acknowledged at all, which I thought was odd. But, all in all, we were very satisfied with our dining experience at this restaurant. (This was our first visit). I am sure we will return again.Special Features:
- Great outdoor areaZoomgirlDined on 7/26/2014Great food, great portions, and excellent service. Sitting outside on the patio for an early dinner with some wine was extremely refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fan of the neighborhoodDickandJaneDined on 7/25/2014We found this place through the Queens feast. We love to try new places & find our next "go to" restaurant. The food and service were good. We were seated outside to enjoy the fabulous weather. However, this was ruined by the abundance of spoiled, impatient, over-indulged adults. One who circled in his $60k motorcycle, repeatedly revving the engine. Or many others in their $100k cars, who think themselves too important to wait when the car in front of them stops for a parking spot, thus considering it necessary to subject the outdoor diners to their free use of their over-priced horns. I've lived all over the country in a range of socioeconomic areas. This is one of the areas where people feel the need to tell you how much money they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short on volume and pricyDisappointedDined on 7/23/2014$30 restaurant week special for 3 scallops wasn't a deal.
- great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014embarrassing how little bisque you get when you order a cup - great taste but they should describe it as "a few sips" rather than "a cup of"Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Recently, during Queen's Feast/Restaurant Week we dined at Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne. This marked our tenth-plus visit to this restaurant, and we continue to be pleased with the creative menu and attentive service. They clearly paid attention to our OpenTable reservation and responded in advance to our one seating request. That was appreciated. We'll be back... they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service - Great start, poor finishTakenbyTerraceCafeDined on 7/18/2014We started at the bar with a very friendly and helpful bar tender. We ordered an appetizer as we waited for our table. Before leaving the bar we cashed out. As we moved to our table on the patio we explained to our waiter that we'd already ordered our appetizer but that we wanted to continue with the dinner special. He assured me he would work it out. Dinner was very good, the food was the highlight for sure. Toward the end of the evening we were served our desert and an appetizer to go? Instead of making a very small adjustment to our bill, our waiter decided to sell us another appetizer. Honestly I would have been happy with a $5 credit. Instead Terrace Cafe earned a bad review and lost a customer who loves great food.
- Good EverythingPocketChangeDined on 7/18/2014Good Staff, Good Food and Good Location! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!RonnieDined on 7/2/2014Girls night out was a great success, al thanks to the excellent service and delicious food. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Terrace Cafe - Ballantyne reviews archive.
- Turf & surf was awesomeTCdinerDined on 5/31/2014Half of our party of 6 ordered the Queen-size portion of the Turf & Surf. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Can't wait to go back and order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best shrimp & grits everDinerDined on 5/21/2014Best shrimp & grits ever....better than the Grove Park Inn, which I previously considered the best I'd ever had!Special Features:
- A WinnerSandy7VIPDined on 4/19/2014As always,our dining experience was marvelous. The choices and specials are plentiful and great tasting. Our server,Adam, is fantastic. Everybody in our party loved what they chose. The sweet potato waffle fries are worth every calorie. They are fantastic as was the rest of our dinners. This restaurant is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Mediocre ServicejulmazzDined on 4/2/2014Went for diner with a group of friends. It was a Wednesday night at 7pm. The restaurant was completely empty except for a couple tables outside. Food was good, but service was not. For an empty restaurant, you would think the server would be attentive. However, we had to flag him down for everything. And then, they started shutting down the restaurant around us (at 9pm). Nothing like feeling unwelcome.
- A Little DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/1/2014Hi, My daughter and I dined while visiting Charlotte. Our experience was just OK. The calamari were great but I had the fried oyster salad which was mediocre and my daughter had the mushroom soup and salad and felt the same. They were out of the fish special and the lobster bisque which was the soup of the day. Our server was wonderful, attentive but not overly. We sat outside and it was great for someone from Philadelphia to eat outside in April.Special Features:
- ConsistentnancyDined on 3/26/2014The service is always good, the food creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient after the movieTangledTippetDined on 3/25/2014Great Cosmo. Gargantuan portion of hummus for an appetizer. Butter lettuce and hazelnut salad was fine. Brick chicken with leeks and mushroom very tasty. Fried Oysters Rockefeller dish was a nice twist and well received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. My firstjpierceDined on 3/8/2014Everything was great. My first time ordering Shrimp and Grits. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!MrsPKVIPDined on 3/1/2014Terrace Cafe never disappoints with their fabulous food! Can't wait for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie and DinnerTopCatDined on 2/22/2014Good place to have dinner before the movie. Food and service were outstanding. A little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops and Chicken DelicioussalfoodieDined on 2/20/2014My wife has a gluten sensitivity so she was somewhat limited, but she loved the chicken. My scallops were cooked just right and we're not sandy or chewy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business dinneriknowwhatilikeDined on 2/20/2014Enjoyed a business dinner here recently for our group of 6. The waiter recommended the special, NC Grouper, with risotto, and offered us the wine special of $5 a glass for any wine under $9 a glass on the menu. He was attentive yet not intrusive. Water and wine were served promptly and appetizer and food orders taken without interrupting our conversation. The food was very good --- hummus and oyster salad for appetizers for the group ; most followed his recommendation and ordered the NC Grouper for the entree. All indicated the grouper was very good. I ordered the Salmon and it was delicious, as was the asparagus that came with it. We were too full for dessert but enjoyed capuccino and coffee. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Just OkayRosieVIPDined on 2/15/2014Breakfast, Lunch & dinner are served here. Looks more like a breakfast place. Food was described differently than what as served. Drinks were not good! Was just okay,.Special Features:
- Waiter was very freindly.MooseDined on 2/15/2014Waiter was very freindly. Food and service was excellant. Looking forward to going back with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerJaneDined on 2/15/2014We made a reservation for dinner on Valentine's Day. I have been to the Southpark location on many occasions but my husband has never been to either. We both loved our meals and had wonderful service! This is so convenient if you are going to a movie -you literally walk upstairs! Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.dandutchDined on 2/14/2014Restaurant booked late on Valentines Day, otherwise probably would not have chosen this restaurant for a romantic or special occasion. Recent bad weather plus the occasion had the restaurant out of steak by 8:30. Server happily accommodated my wife ordering off the menu because of the limited food available. The food was pretty good, but not special enough to travel further than normal to get.. Would recommend giving it a try if you live in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FooddepaulDined on 2/14/2014This was a very nice place worthy of multiple visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLocalfellaDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined at Terrace Café on Valentine's Day this year. What a great restaurant! Wonderful and extensive selection of food and beverages supplanted with a moderate price range. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. A great spot for a romantic dinner or just a quick business lunch. The breakfast menu also looked quite enticing :) I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to dining there again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteJamaDined on 2/4/2014I have dined at Terrace Ballantyne many times. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestsghutaffDined on 1/31/2014I went here with my boyfriend and his mom. Our server was nice, and knowledgeable about the menu. We had the chicken lollipops for an app and our waiter recommended a red wine which was fairly good. I had the lemon chicken with parmesan risotto - it was okay... the whole experience was just OK. Nothing was wrong, or tasted bad, but it didn't wow me and with the price of the food, I expected more. Probably won't be coming back!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014We came to Terrace Cafe (Ballantyne) for restaurant week. It was the first time for all of us so we weren't sure what to expect, but we were all extremely pleased with every aspect of the experience. Great atmosphere, excellent service, and absolutely amazing food! We especially loved the fried green tomatoes, the blue crab bisque and the shrimp and grits. Highly recommended! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014I'd tried Terrace cafe for brunch and always wanted to try dinner. I wasn't disappointed! Dinner great. I had lobster tails and wSnt expecting them to come out fried but they were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food!Lilly526Dined on 1/25/2014I went for breakfast first and loved it! Its a great place for comfort food! Just went back to try dinner and was very impressed! The food is delicious and good quality! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SwallDined on 1/24/2014Decided to try at the last minute for a girls get together since it was easy to get to. Had a fantastic meal and can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There for Queens Feast andWACODined on 1/24/2014There for Queens Feast and menu and food excellent and waiter same. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Nice experiencebrudyDined on 1/23/2014WE enjoyed taking advantage of the "Charlotte Feast Week" at Terrace Café--a delectable neighborhood attraction. Food was excellent. Experience repeatable. Service from David attentive yet not pushy, helpful but not over-indulgent. We'll be back,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JonathanDined on 1/22/2014Excellent food. We went there for Charlotte Restaurant Week and had the limited Restaurant Week menu, and it was excellent. The blackened mahi with shrimp and grits was very very good! Our server Ryan was very helpful, and suggested a specific Pinot for my wife. She liked it very much, and he later brought a small pour of the one she had originally been looking at (which was not as good, as per his suggestion). Our only problem was that we couldn't finish it all. Ryan also told us that they are open for Breakfast, so we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- If you like fried green tomatoes...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014My husband and I split an order of the fried green tomatoes which were very good and our server came out with 2 more pieces because they weren't sure if they had given us the proper number. Thought that was pretty cool. Both of us had the shrimp and grits. It was a bit too spicy for him but I thought it was good...different from others I have had because it had barbecue sauce. Our service was very good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Great first experience1stmdineDined on 1/18/2014The service was great and fast didn't have to wait long for any course and food was very good I plan to come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuv2eatGoodFoodDined on 1/17/2014Food was great during Restaurant Week. However there was at times too much if a gap between courses. Especially between the 2nd and 3rd courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.