Terrace Cafe and Veranda Bar - Best Western El Rancho Inn
1100 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Terrace Cafe and Veranda Bar - Best Western El Rancho Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terracecafeandbar.com/
- Phone: 6507425588
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:30AM - 11:00AM
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Brunch: Sunday; 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Palm Room features our famous underwater bar back as seen in the movie "The Right Stuff". We can accommodate up to 150 people in this room. Our Veranda Room can accommodate up to to 30 people. This private room is next to our main dining room and bar.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Brogdon 6508710208
- Special Events: Easter and Mother's Day Brunch is served in our Palm Room, downstairs featuring our underwater pool view. Our Palm room is available for private parties and special events. Contact Michael Brogdon for more information on booking your next event.
A word from Terrace Cafe and Veranda Bar - Best Western El Rancho Inn
Terrace Cafe located poolside at Best Western El Rancho Inn features Contemporary American Cuisine. A hidden oasis in the city of Millbrae on the San Francisco Peninsula.Join us for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrace Cafe and Veranda Bar - Best Western El Rancho Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Gabba Gabba Gabba SororitygypsydaughterDined on 7/16/2014Appetizers (specifically calamari) need refining. Desserts bring food rating down from very good to good. Eat here; get dessert elsewhere. EXCELLENT service.Special Features:
- Nice evening outDinWithFriendsDined on 7/4/2014Great place for nice meal. Service is great. Food is great. Nice menu. Full bar. Also a very nice place to have a party (birthday, shower, etc.).Special Features:
- a surprisePrestorVIPDined on 6/24/2014I was looking for a restaurant nearby for dinner with a colleague. We decided to give this place a try. The food was outstanding. We commented that we would look for this place next time we were enar the SFO airport. The service was also very good.Special Features:
- A good meal outChrisDined on 5/3/2014The terrace restaurant was an ideal venue for our evening meal when we stopped one night at Best Western El Ranchero Inn before a return flight to Orlando. We enjoyed our meal and the service was excellent. We live in England so not likely to be back in wonderful San Francisco any time soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LondoniteSS2013Dined on 4/30/2014We always enjoy the peaceful ambience and good service of the Terrace Cafe. We go there before flights from SFO. Often friends join us.The food is good- a little rich and creamy for my senior- citizen diet but enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Terrace Cafe and Veranda Bar - Best Western El Rancho Inn reviews archive.
- DeliciousSnooksDined on 3/1/2014We were originally going to Broadway Grill until we looked at the menu and the prices were high! Then we went to the Terrace Cafe menu on line..I had been there for lunch, and it had great selections and prices! Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was terrific!Celly13VIPDined on 10/15/2013I had the risotto. It was delicious! Service was great...only issue would be parking since it is located within a hotel.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2013Went there for lunch with a friend. I had been there before several times and always enjoyed the ambience, food and great service. It's close to home and a very comfortable place to go for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonanble pricesFrankDined on 8/9/2013We had a group of 5. Everyone enjoyed they meals. Two of the diners had their room at the El Rancho. After driving from southern California, they were pleased to a fabulous restaurant within a close walking distance for their room. It took the rest of us only a few minutes (about maybe 30) to make the drive down from San Francisco. Also the menu, which I know you change now and then had some great choices. Actually we all picked out different entrees. Nice quiet dining room. No complaints! FrankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Denny's type venueOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2013Saw the good reviews and so brought a client for lunch. Food and service we're very good....felt like I was visiting a retirement home though. Several tables were being used for people playing cards or mahjong. Not a big deal, maybe just on Wednesdays, but not appropriate for a client lunch. Tables outside by pool had no umbrellas so too hot for lunch, but would have been my preference over the inside. Like I said though, good service and very nice omelet and club sandwich....no complaints there.Special Features:
- Good food, nice settingBoyFromTheCountryDined on 6/22/2013We were meeting friends on an incoming flight and wanted to have dinner beforehand. This was a perfect place, close to the airport (10 min), quiet and very pleasant setting. Food was very good, as was the coffee. No drinks this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013The food and service were good, but definitely for a more mature crowd.
- Making our reservation onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2012Making our reservation online was very easy. Our group of six got a terrific table. The ambience was cheerful but quiet and the food was good. It was not expensive and our service was very attentive but not overly so. Joining their frequent diner program will give you a discount which we got. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Late night dinner with large groupApplejacksDined on 9/4/2012This is a passable place for what it is... a place to park your car for an early flight. The meals are better than I remember years ago, but not a place I would recommend unless a car is not available. Drinks in bar are sosso..The breakfast bar is much better than it was in the past...but not a full meal and the usual carb fest. It served us well though......would go again...
- For a hotel the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2012For a hotel the food was very good but the service was fantastic. The waiters were very knowledge and helped us since we had restricted diets. For travelers staying here this is a must - great food for a hotel. the mac and cheese was so tasty with a nice crispy baked top on it. The wine list is nice and extensive and the waiters are knowledge and make recommendations. Pricing is very reasonable for a hotel. For locals not a bad place to stop by.
- Went on suggestion of friend.fun2dineoutDined on 8/5/2012Went on suggestion of friend. Great service from everyone at restaurant. Host, waiter, service staff. Steak with bleu cheese butter and steamed vegetables was tasty. Seafood jumbalya was on the spicy side for those who like milder dishes, but very tasty. Would recommend to anyone. Close to airport and easy parking.Special Features:
- We had excellent waiter serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2012We had excellent waiter service and the food was enjoyable.
- We ended up just staying inHollywoodVIPDined on 6/21/2012We ended up just staying in the bar and having dinner. Our service was very good and the food was fine. Certainly would eat there again while staying at the El Rancho.
- Good place for a small meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2012My church circle uses this restaurant for a yearly lunch. We are always happy with the service and food. It is quiet enough that we can conduct our small amount of business without having to shout, they never rush us out and we sometimes chat for quite a time!Special Features:
- The starter was cold in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2012The starter was cold in the center like it hadn't been heated through and the sea bass was so crispy I thought it was like bacon. That being said my husband had the salmon and he was pleased with it.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2012Always great service and great dinner. steak and fries w/ balsamic vinegar. yummy!Special Features:
- Good Food and a Room Nearby!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012This restaurant is located on site with a Best Western Hotel nearly surrounding it. It is also only a 10 minute drive from the SF International Airport. While the wine list is nothing special, it does offer a full bar, comfortable surroundings and very good food. The staff is also very attentive and friendly. While I would not go out of my way to dine here, it is the perfect spot to get a very good meal with friends who have a long layover at the airport. Especially if they need overnight accommodations as the Best Western is clean and reasonably priced, and has a free shuttle to and from the airport.Special Features:
- What a find! Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/8/2012What a find! Really good food at fair prices. But the best thing is the service -- old-fashioned, well trained, customer oriented -- obviously stellar management. The waitress called us "you two" instead of "you guys"! And when dinner was slightly delayed, they comped us two desserts. This is the kind of service that really makes a nice meal. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Celebrate here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2012What's left of a large family that loved holiday, birthday, any special occasion celebrations, gets together every year for an after Christmas gift exchange. The family matriarch wanted to try a smaller venue but nothing worked. I suggested the Terrace Cafe after seeing that it was wheel chair accessable. I had been there before but not since the extensive upgrage that was done more recently. It brought the venue into the current century. Absolutely beautiful.Special Features:
- great margarita royale andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011great margarita royale and good roast beef special;
- A surprise find in a BestOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/18/2011A surprise find in a Best Western motel of all places! Ordered simply, NY strip and Caesar salad. Salad was superb, croutons were fresh, steak was delicious, cooked medium rare as ordered, but the highlight was the fresh cream spinach.
- Food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2011Food was very good and service was excellent. Prices are moderate and presentation was special.Special Features:
- Great place for breakfast,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2011Great place for breakfast, with truly outstanding service!
- Great venue for breakfastBobMDined on 10/22/2011Great venue for breakfast or brunch on a sunny day.Special Features:
- Great Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011Terrace Cafe is a great place to have a nice meal for a good price. Their Prime rib special is great for $13.95, it comes w/ mashed potatoes and a veggie. The bar makes the best Margarita Royale! Definitely recommend! Servers, busboy and bartender all deserve kudos!!!!Special Features:
- Surprisingly gooddragonreesVIPDined on 9/16/2011Food was excellent. We tried one of their better known dishes – the Crab Cake Tower Appetizer and we were not disappointed. It consisted of the Crab cakes, avocado, tomato ginger relish, cilantro, sunflower seed, and pesto. Our entrees included the Roasted Pork Loin and Mahi Mahi. Both of these were on the “specials” list this night and were quite good. Service was competent and not overbearing. The only problem was the noise level. There was a private party – a teenagers birthday celebration – in the banquet room directly below the restaurant and a open stairway leading down to it. The noise was really off-putting. Otherwise, this might be a very nice quiet place to relax.Special Features:
- Really good for a hotel restaurant!DarstcoachVIPDined on 9/13/2011While the decor is somewhat dated, and most of the clients over 60, this sweet place surprised us. The beet salad was truly excellent, the food was surprisingly good, and Lupe, our waiter was spot on.Special Features:
- One of our guests orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2011One of our guests ordered a hamburger, and asked for all the lettuce, etc to be on the side. A cheeseburger arrived, with butter or such all over the bun. We sent the cheeseburger back, and they apparently just scraped the cheese off, as it took the waiter less than 5 minutes to bring it back, with the bun still full of butter or mayo. The waiter had no personality, and was not friendly at all.
- Great Job AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2011Another satisfying experience! Came on a Sunday and the brunch menu was given to us, but our totally helpful waiter's assistant assured me I would be able to order from the lunch menu - the crab cake tower - which is why I come here in the first place. Best appetizer ever!!! So, dad had breakfast, mom the turkey sandwich, hubby and I salads and two towers to share of course and everything was excellent. There were just of few of us at there so it was nice and quiet and even though there was a baby there, the parents kept him in line and took him out when he decided he had had enough food. Our waiter was professional enough but could have been a bit warmer - there were so few of us there to begin with - his assistant was great!Special Features:
- Terrace Cafe exceeded expectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/14/2011My husband and I came here with a friend before he had to catch a flight to Europe. We need something quick and healthy and Terrace Cafe exceeded our expectations. I had the Crab Tower which wowed me - in addition to crab, it had avocado and pesto - a wonderful combination of flavors. Our friend said his beet salad was excellent and my husband enjoyed his sesame chicken salad. We told our waitperson that we had to catch a flight and she was very accommodating. My only regret is we didn't have much time, so we'll be back to savor another Crab Tower and try other dishes. The Cafe is located next to a Best Western, which could cause people to dismiss it as a tourist place. If we lived closer, we'd be at this neighborhood gem often.Special Features:
- Had lunch with the girls.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011Had lunch with the girls. Had a tender steak,salad and fries for under $12.00. Nice bar scene too. You can stay overnight and they will shuttle you to the airport and you can also store your car here.Special Features:
- The food was nothing to raveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011The food was nothing to rave about. The pork tenderloin was dry and tough. I may possible try it a second time.
- We had Easter Brunch at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011We had Easter Brunch at the Terrace Cafe at the Best Western El Rancho on Easter and I would definitely go again. The food was very good and we walked out of their stuffed. The kids enjoyed the desserts and selections as well.Special Features:
- Went there for Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2011Went there for Easter Brunch and the buffet had some good waffles and fresh shrimp. Not a big selection of food, but what was available was good. Our server seemed extremely busy and we had to flag him down several times to refill water, order drinks, etc.Special Features:
- I found the service outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/22/2011I found the service outstanding. The waitress was very attentive.Special Features: