Terrace Bistro at The Ellis Hotel
176 Peachtree St NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Terrace Bistro at The Ellis Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellishotel.com/terrace/index.cfm
- Phone: 6786512770
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am - 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 12 Noon - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Blackerby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Coming soon. Look for information Mid-Spring
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hancock 6786512767
A word from Terrace Bistro at The Ellis Hotel
Enjoy market fresh dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the NEW Terrace Bistro concept at the Ellis Hotel in Atlanta GA. Serving delicious American heirloom entrees and supporting local and regional farmers, fishermen and producers whenever possible. Terrace captures fresh simple flavors. Savor the pure aroma and tastes of natural and organic ingredients bursting with delicious flavors and sustainably-sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrace Bistro at The Ellis Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- frequent dinerSteakConnoisseurVIPDined on 8/22/2014tried a new salad - the kale ceasar - it was yummy. will be back for it again. keep up the great work. perfect for a leisurely lunch especially since service is frequently very slow.Special Features:
- Need to learn about serviceRegularDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is good ... stopped going before because the service is so bad. Tried again and still horrible service. Arrive at 11:55, finally got our food at 12:50 ... they were not very busy at all, but only two servers. Could not even get a refill on tea. Had to flag someone down. Server never even visited the table during the almost an hour wait for food.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Terrace Bistro at The Ellis Hotel reviews archive.
- My experience has been muchAtldineVIPDined on 3/19/2014My experience has been much better on previous visits. I liked it much better when it was on the 2nd level. Not a fan now that they have moved down to the street level. Completely changed the ambience.
- Not what it used to beJulieVIPDined on 2/8/2014We ate at this restaurant a year or so ago and had a pleasant meal out on the balcony overlooking Peachtree. We were surprised this time to be shown to a small area that felt and looked more like a cafeteria than an expensive, hotel restaurant. The food was OK, but not as tasty as we remembered from our last visit. It will be our last visit.
- Good Pre-Rialto Theatre DinnerAh64FishVIPDined on 1/31/2014The food was good but not exceptional. The outdoor patio area is cool and even heated very well in the winter. It's a good spot to have dinner before seeing a show at the Rialto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but disappointing serviceCarolspicksDined on 12/18/2013Food was great, but we waited over an hour. When our food came, it came one at a time, spread out over 10 minutes. There were only 6 of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Destination it Used to beATLBusinessWomanVIPDined on 11/19/2013I planned for some out of town friends to meet me at the Terrace Bistro, because I had tasted the chefs creations at a reception before this restaurant had a reputation of serving local, farm-to-table. While the restaurant says that the menu still is farm-to-table, be sure to note that they have transformed their upstairs dining room into a banquet facility and the dining experience is really that of eating at a Marriott hotel -- not exactly a dinner destination in Atlanta.
- Great Little Atlanta SpotMerciDined on 11/16/2013Walked right in no wait, several tables inside or outside in a covered heated porch. Food was great! Wine and bar specials where cheap in comparison to other downtown places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for lunch. It's aDAG1957VIPDined on 11/14/2013We went for lunch. It's a little pricey for lunch but worth it since it was very good. Not your usual sandwiches’.....they each had a special twist. We had the Turkey with Brie sandwich and the BLT...both very tasty. I'd recommend this restaurant and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was actually open on a Sunday!JenCornDogsDined on 9/29/2013No real restaurants seem to be open for lunch in downtown atlanta, stumbled on this place as the first place we could find to grab a bite, ended up being great. Waitstaff friendly, meals were tasty. Good to take a work group to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Food?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2013We stayed at the Ellis Hotel and the menu for the Terrace looked fine, so why not? The restaurant is really just an extension of the bar and although nice was very poorly staffed the night we were there. It took them a while to find a bottle wine list so we ordered food while we were waiting. Apparently the sequencing threw them off since they completely forgot to order our dinner. After 40 minutes we asked what the hold up was, their response "what dinner?" We left. They comp'd the wine, but this place did not live up - in any way - to our expectations.
- Nice placeTroubleDined on 7/23/2013The restaurant offers good food and service in a clean, attractive and quiet environment (at least on the one occasion I ate there). The menu is filled with interesting options that make decision making difficult. I will return there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it appearsSonyaDined on 7/17/2013From the outside, Terrace looks very charming. It appears to be on the terrace of the second floor of the Ellis Hotel, but when you go inside, you learn that the upstairs is closed and the restaurant is nothing more than 3 tables crammed into the bar of second-rate hotel. Don't waste your time, and don't be deceived by how the place looks from the sidewalk.
- Fresh, Farm to TableSkooterDined on 7/16/2013Great Farm to Table food. Everything was as fresh as can be. I would bet that the steak I had was slaughtered/butchered that day. Great dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to Be GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2013This was my first time there in a long time. I went because a friend was coming in to town, was staying near downtown, and I remembered this restaurant as really good (been 5-6 times before). Couldn't have been more disappointing. First, the terrace is no longer available for dining. They are reserving it for banquets/special events. The service was really poor. The wait staff seemed confused and uncoordinated. They got our drink orders completely wrong and I'm still not sure who was supposed to be watching our area. At one point, one of them dropped a glass (by the door, no less) and it took longer than 10-15 minutes for someone to come sweep up the shattered glass. And the appetizer? Bland. We left and went to white oak instead.
- anniversary let downspldgDined on 6/28/2013First, it would have been nice to know that construction for the Trolley had traffic rerouted and the street was a mess. Second, the outdoor patio is not as romantic as the upstairs terrace, which is only available to rent. Service was good just a little slow and the food was good. The flowers I had ordered were waiting when we got there. That was a plus, but it does not help the fact that the Ritz accross the street has a terrace diner that looks pretty romantic.Special Features:
- Really liked Terrace before remodelDiner123987VIPDined on 6/16/2013I really like this restaurant before the remodel. The food was and still is good but the ambiance was better. Now it is like a hotel bar restaurant whereas before it was a restaurant that happened to be in a hotel. The patio view was so neat over Peachtree and I just like it a lot better. Breakfast is now a buffet instead on off a menu which was also disappointing (but still good). I would go here if I was staying at the hotel but for the price if I was looking for a good restaurant I would go else where.
- Great place to dineAthensDineDined on 6/1/2013My wife and I went here for our first anniversary dinner, expecting to find a nice, quiet restaurant, and we certainly did! The host was very kind and checked on us multiple times, asked how the food was, the mixer asked how my wife's drink was, and the waitress was very helpful. Our food was straight from the kitchen hot, just like we liked it, and we even received complimentary glasses of wine because it was our first anniversary. We will definitely be back! What a great experience!Special Features:
- Terrace Bistro, A Real GemAtlantanDined on 5/17/2013I celebrated a milestone birthday at the Terrace for a small group of family and friends and had a spectacular time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment all AroundCeeceeDined on 5/16/2013I met someone here for a business meeting. There were so many disappointments: I had to pay to valet, the food was less than mediocre, and the waitress forgot us... Our drinks were not refilled, we were not asked how the meal was (which was dismal and overpriced), and I had to ask for an itemized receipt, which took 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Not up to ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013I usually love Terrace Bistro and recommended it to my boss as a place to take our co-worker who is about to have a baby. on previous occasions I have sat in the upstairs dinng room on on the terrace and has a lovely experience, however not this time. Despite making a reservation, they sat us in the lower level, which felt like an cramped, over flow room, next to two very loud tables and then brought all of us the wrong food and the wrong bill. It was not the special lunch, I was expecting and had recommended and instead we felt like a left over thought. I'm not sure if I would recommend this again, it was not up to par with what I expected. However, food was delicious, despite being incorrect and the server was nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Good, but poor planningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2013The food was excellent. Our waitress was very nice. Problem was that it was the Finjal Four weekend and they were very understaffed. We had to wait 90 minutes for our order and ended up getting our own drinks at the bar.. In spite of that, the manager was very nice. He came over several times apologizing and even helped with the service many times. Our waitress, LaToya, could not have been nicer. So, I think on a normal day this place is probably outstanding. However, they need to plan better for large events.Special Features:
- We were there on the day ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2013We were there on the day of the national ncaa finals. They were out of about five different kinds of beer and some food Didnt seem prepared to handle the crowds. We didnt have to wait for our table which was great Took a long time to get our food but the shrimp & grits were great.
- We enjoyed our experience.NYCvisitorVIPDined on 4/6/2013We enjoyed our experience. The plates were attractive, and the food was well prepared. The servings were a bit large, and we hated to see such good food wasted (going to theatre and could not keep).
- Loyal customer won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2013The Terrace Bistro has always been one of my favorites. Unfortunately, they have closed the upstairs and now call the bar area the restaurant. The kitchen is still upstairs so they now have to bring the food down (uncovered) on the elevator. YUCK! The service was terrible-- 30 minutes to get a dessert that we had to send back due to theater tickets. They couldn't have cared less. With so many great restaurants in Atlanta, I am marking this one off my list.
- The food was great. I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013The food was great. I ordered crab cakes with sauté' mustard greens (delicious). The soup was butternut squash (correct spices and consistency). I would recommend as a dining source for a hotel patron. The waitress and bar tender were attentive to my needs.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The food and service were outstanding! However, the atmosphere left much to be desired. The restaurant had a feel of a hotel bar. We decided to eat on the patio, but the loud sound of the hotel dryers next to us made it difficult for conversation.Special Features:
- Didn't realize the upstairsAndreaVIPDined on 2/6/2013Didn't realize the upstairs was under construction, or I would not have booked a reservation here for 7 people.Special Features:
- What a pleasant lunch experience!NYCvisitorVIPDined on 2/6/2013What a pleasant lunch experience! The menu is small, but the choices were diverse. My companion was able to make a change request that was honored. Everything was good, and nothing was expensive.
- Its not a bistro! Its a hotelGopiVIPDined on 1/28/2013Its not a bistro! Its a hotel lounge! They dont even have complementary valet parking!
- Unaware of construction inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2013Unaware of construction in progress when booking the reservation. The noise from the construction was very loud. Would wait until construction was complete to try again. Lunch was delicious.
- Do not like that they movedJuliMcGVIPDined on 1/13/2013Do not like that they moved to the first floor. It is very small and cramped. The food was only ok this trip. Took 2 hours to get dinner out for our group of 8.
- A balcony overlooking Peachtree St.Julypeach1Dined on 1/12/2013What a delightful dinner we had on Saturday evening before a visit to Theatrical Outfit's Balzar Theatre, which is a short walk away. The food and service were excellent, the lovely room is blessed with lots of large windows looking out onto Peachtree Street. It would be especially nice to be there in warmer weather to dine on the balcony. The decor was lovely. The small dining room was intimate and quiet enough to enjoy a conversation with my dining partner and to overhear snippets of the conversation in French at the next table. We will definitely make it a habit to have dinner here the next time we visit the Balzar Theatre.Special Features:
- I'm a bit disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2012I'm a bit disappointed that the restaurant is no longer occupying the space upstairs, because that was such a great atmosphere and view. However, the food and service remain top notch and we definitely enjoyed everything we had. This is still a nice spot for a romantic dinner or special occasion.Special Features: