140 West Main Street
Waconia, MN 55387Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrawaconia.com/
- Phone: (952) 442-3353
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Sharp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Tracy LeTourneau with any Private Dining inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Tracy LeTourneau 9524423353x
- Special Events: The restaurant is available seven days a week for special events.
A word from Terra Waconia
Every day we strive to bring the freshest most thoughtfully grown ingredients to the plate. We demonstrate our respect for nature and those who passionately tend to it through well crafted food that is presented simply. Our menu is written daily and is derived from a wide variety of products that are brought to our door by dozens of small growers. This menu concept allows us to purchase in small quantities, reducing waste and ensuring freshness. Cutting in house gives us the opportunity to use every part of the ethically and sustainably grown animals we choose. We do our best to approach each day and every ingredient with curiosity and wonder rather than expectation. Our skilled and knowledgeable staff will guide you through our ever changing menu as well as offer insight into what we are most proud of today. Let the unknown excite you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Terra Waconia - Best Restaurants in Waconia ›
Terra Waconia reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (25)notable wine list (7)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Wondeful food, everyone in pur party of six enjoyed their meal. Service a bit slow, especially for drinks. Overall a wonderful place for foodies.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining ExperienceMNIADined on 11/7/2014Terra is a great venue for elegant dinging at an affordable price. The chef's prepare outstanding dishes and the service is excellent. Everytime I go I try something different and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJMM3Dined on 11/6/2014The food and service were fantastic! The menu would serve any palate well. My husband enjoyed the duck which was prepared so well with perfectly crispy skin. I had melt in your mouth braised bison. We definitely plan to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the driveVegdoesMplsDined on 11/1/2014After thinking "I'd love to eat there" every time I drove past Terra to visit a friend's lake house, I finally made the trek from Minneapolis for dinner. Another person in my party drove from Woodbury and, despite the distance, we both agreed that the food, atmosphere, and service at Terra made the experience absolutely worth the drive. Terra created a special vegan meal for me (Ethiopian-spiced soup, a variation on a beet salad, and a stuffed delicata squash), the carnivores in the group were thrilled with their food, and we all walked away with clean plates and the contented feeling that comes from "we just ate something really special that was worth every penny and the time it took to get here." Highly, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!CountryFoodieDined on 10/24/2014Well worth the trip out from Minneapolis - but we're lucky enough to live just two small towns away! Creative use of ingredients, thoughtful modes of presentation and as local as it gets in these parts. Very knowledgeable and attentive service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulLashesDined on 10/18/2014Friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Thoughtfully prepared. Interesting presentation. Attentive service. Knowledgable staff. Great wine list. And the dessert? Wow! Apple bread pudding. Bacon brittle??? Yes, please. And it gets ice cream! Seriously, though. It's a 45 minute drive to Waconia from our house and worth every minute, both ways! Would love to dine here nightly:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in WaconiaRickLDined on 10/18/2014A local farm to table restaurant hidden in downtown Waconia. Small (about 10 tables) little charmer with a cozy, homey feel. Don't look for a menu....it's on a blackboard and posted daily. Seems that there is usually a choice of red meat, white meat, fish, and vegetarian options. On this night, the grilled Bison was flavorful but not gamey. More like a sirloin steak. It came with soft boiled eggs on fingerling potatoes - and the eggs were perfect. Also enjoyed the Ram Stew served in a squash carved out to form a bowl. One word - OUTSTANDING. lots of heat and complex flavors. No Minnesota nice spice here! Great staff...great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond expectationsFoodies4lifeDined on 10/11/2014Food was outstanding. When the main course came out, they apologized for it taking so long (we didn't notice), they said the chef was not happy with the swordfish the first time so he had to remake it and for the wait they would comp that meal. It's nice to know that they will not try to send out something they are not completely happy with. The beef was so tender it practically melted in my mouth. We ordered an appetizer because we were so hungry. Nothing stood out as a dish we had to try so we just ordered the nuts and olives. We were both surprised at the flavors and how much we enjoyed it. This is the second time we've been to Terra Waconia and definitely not the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmichaelgDined on 10/8/2014Each course was a treat. You could taste the love.Special Features:
- Terra AgainRhino34VIPDined on 10/3/2014Terra Waconia is the go to restaurant when I'm in Minneapolis. Terri and Craig continue to deliver excellent food, drink and value. We were able to relax and just enjoy the meal - recommendations were spot on - just a wonderful experience overall. The beauty of this is that we keep having a similar experience every time we dine at Terra Waconia. Thank you Terra Waconia and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LyleofarabiaDined on 10/3/2014We have dined at Terra four times and have always come away amazed. Recently took my in-laws who love to dine out and have many opportunities to eat at high end restaurants. They were overwhelmed by the food. If you are up for an eclectic ever changing menu this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Terra!AmazingDined on 10/2/2014We went to Terra for the first time and absolutely loved it. Excited to have found a spot with local, farm to table food. There are not many out this way and it was a great find. Great food, cute spot, amazing staff...looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Make early table reservationsRagincajunDined on 9/20/2014Our reservations were for 6:45. When our food order was taken. Two of the menu choices were no longer available. The beef plate that I chose was of unacceptable quality. Tough to chew. I did not eat it and it was takeon off of the bill without even asking. The wine was delicious as well as the appetizer plate, salad, and dessert. The other three in our party of four enjoyed their main entree. This was my second time dining there. First experience - food was good- noise level much too escalated. I should probably give the restaurant another try, but most likely will not. Prices are too expensive, to be served something that I would not eat.
- Talented chef and staffEat2LiveDined on 9/19/2014Love the support of local farmers and clean, healthy eating, everything made in-house. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDejacDined on 9/18/2014We had a very pleasant dining experience on our 15th wedding anniversary. Fabulous food, terrific service! Love and appreciate the locally grown or raised "farm to table concept". Well done! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Waconia DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Our experience was wonderful. We did know that it would be pricey and that it would be unusual. The food was wonderful, portions were perfect, taste was awesome. We went for my husband's birthday and would return for a special event. Wait staff was polite and patient with people who wanted to hear options again. We had the dark beer: Left Hand Milk Stout and it was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014our first trip but not last. Food was just perfect. Fish cooked just right. Desert was yummy with freshly made coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Terra!!KrisDined on 8/30/2014It's a great find in Waconia. Excellent spot for foodies and completely worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomical Delighteating4funDined on 8/29/2014Our dining experience was fantastic! The service was excellent because the staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Our meals were true culinary delights with ample proportions. Our friends who are "foodies" were amazed and pleased with the entire evenings meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseYumYumVIPDined on 8/23/2014What a gem of a spot. My husband and I went with another couple and we all had different dishes. Each was wonderful and inventive in their preparation and pairings. Thoughtful and interesting beer menu which compliments the food nicely. The sole criticism is that the menu is only listed on a chalkboard over the bar and is not conducive to viewing depending on where you are seated and your eyesight. This requires the server to describe the entire menu at each table. This would not deter me from visiting again, but know that service may be impacted for those new to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Tracy and Craig's Big Show!RuxpinVIPDined on 8/23/2014Brought some newbies to Terra Waconia and they now have a new favorite restaurant! As usual Chef Craig was at the top of his game. We enjoyed his hanger steak and salmon preparations with the must have spicy goat stew, which is phenomenal! Tracy is always a gift of energy, knowledge and fun. Do yourself a favor, make a drive to Waconia and enjoy a wonderful evening at Terra Waconia.Special Features:
- Something DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed our time there and the 'blackboard' menu that changes daily. Unique foods in a small setting that feels personal. Was a great date night place to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AGAINsamjamDined on 8/16/2014We went back with some friends who'd never been there. We had a terrific dinner. Our friends raved a bout the bison. And we enjoyed the arctic char and pork. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We look forward to our next visit. As I said in a previous review, this is our favorite in the western and southern suburbs.Special Features:
- First VisitLimiDined on 8/15/2014I overall enjoyed my experience. The staff was on top of everything. Very unique experience overall. I was a little bummed they ran out out the blueberry crumble dessert just before we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Great food and service. Fun choices of wine and beer. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not spectaculartedarinoinmnDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our food but it wasn't spectacular. The veggie app was kind of strange with balsamic and cheese melted over vegetables. The goat entree was a little flavorless and perhaps a little rare. The pork chop was very good. The chocolate dessert was excellent. The dessert was the best part of the meal. I'll go back but not anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteMW17588VIPDined on 8/1/2014A friend raved about this spot, and she didn't oversell it. Owner Tracy and her team are passionate about serving delicious and creative locally sourced meals. We will be back, often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 417 reviews are from the Terra Waconia reviews archive.
- happy birthdaykristijDined on 7/30/2014I took my brother from California here for his birthday celebration. They did not disappoint. We shared 2 bottles of wine, apps, salads, desserts and a taste of our main course. there were three of us. we had the cheese plate, blt salad and the beet salad. BLt - need I say more. I know some may say ish to a beet salad but try it!! I'm not a beet fan but LOVED this salad. Brother had Bison, lordy was it large and in charge. So delicious. My friend had the pork chop, swear it was the size of my head, with potatoes and sweet and sour cabbage, absolutely delish. I had shrimp with grits an squash, nummy for my tummy!! The desserts were a blueberry cobbler, reminds you of grandma and a chocolaty little pot of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Devine food! Elegant, fresh and delicious. The best restaurant we have been to in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014we enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and relaxed mood in this "farm to table" restaurant. The name "Terra" is reflected in the menu. We also enjoyed the excellent and carefully chosen wine on the list. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!ParentsnightoutDined on 7/24/2014Our second time dining at Terra Waconia. Our go to place for a night out without kids!! Everything we have eaten here is fresh and wonderful. We can't wait to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014If this restaurant were located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, there would be a line out the door every night. If you have never been to Waconia, make a day out of it. There are some great vineyards out this way to stop at during the day and then have dinner at Terra. Every meal I have ever had there has be fabulous! Definitely worth the drive if you don't live nearby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LOCAL GEMsamjamDined on 7/17/2014We've been here several times, and have never been disappointed. Everything is fresh and well-prepared. The service is very friendly and helpful. We think this is the best high-end restaurant west of Minneapolis. We'll be back.Special Features:
- A jewel in WaconiaTerraVIPDined on 7/12/2014Wish we had found this place sooner - Terra in Waconia is really something special. All the ingredients are locally sourced and the chef's menu is refreshingly inventive. The space is small and unpretentious considering the outstanding quality of the food - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightGreatDaneDined on 7/12/2014I found this restaurant when I searched in Google for best restaurants in west metro. Boy were they right!! My wife and I were treated to some amazing food and we love the small town feel surrounding the restaurant. We really liked the idea that you never know what the chef is going to have on the menu, that way every time we go, we will be surprised. Thanks for a wonderful meal and evening! We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyKKmamaDined on 7/11/2014love that the menu is changed everyday based on what is fresh and local. Chef knows how to cook! Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectationsFlashDined on 7/4/2014I'd heard about Terra from friends and it met all of my expectations. The food was great! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knighttimeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Wow. Terra just continues to amaze. They have such passion for sustainable foods, creative combinations and beautiful presentations. The 82 hour goat shank was nothing short of incredible. The risotto was artful and delicious. The wines are all reasonably priced and always excellent. Terra is my destination when I want to be surprised by the food. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Terra Waconia!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2014Love the fact that Terra Waconia uses fresh local ingredients. Their food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesJandJDined on 6/27/2014Terra Waconia is one of our favorite restaurants. Craig and Tracy do a phenomenal job of creating a dining experience. We love the varying menu, the local-grown/raised ingredients, and the fabulous wines that Tracy has a knack for picking out and pairing with our menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.