Terra Ristorante Italiano
156 Greenwich Ave.
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Terra Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://terraofgreenwich.com/
- Phone: 2036295222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Terra Ristorante Italiano
The tantalizing aroma of Northern Italian cuisine fills the air at this lively trattoria, situated in the heart of Greenwich, Connecticut, amid the upscale shops and boutiques of Greenwich Avenue. With vivid frescoes and the soft glow of sconces creating a warm environment inside, and a charming outdoor terrace inviting al fresco dining on warmer days, guests of Terra are treated to savory, wood-fired pizzas and fresh, handmade pastas—lauded as “excellent” by The New York Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terra Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
- ConsistentTasterVIPDined on 9/20/2013Always a reliable spot and they make you feel welcome. The pizzas are a good starter and the salads are fresh. Good meal.Special Features:
- fantastic service! great menutaraDined on 9/16/2013fantastic service! great menu choices, food was excellent with a beautiful presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food,a bit on noisy sideSlim888Dined on 9/7/2013Celebrated my birthday here with 5 people, Just wish they didn't add an end seat to a table which s for four people so it made our space a little tight. No place to put appetizers !! A bit noisy, we had to talk a little louder than usual. Food and service was good but once it got busy we sort of lost our waiter for a little ...Special Features:
- lOW KEY DINNER WITH FRIENDS & KIDSBFM92Dined on 9/4/2013Spent a lovely evening here, at an outdoor table, 2 adults with 2 children. Food was very good (heirloom tomato salad, we added shrimp), service was friendly and great with the kids. Good value for money - definitely a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding despite noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2013First, the food was exceptional. My wife had a gluten free pasta which was the best she had ever eaten. I had the spinach ravioli and was more than satisfied. Service was superb. This is a can't miss for overall quality But be warned, we were originally seated inside and the noise was the worst I have ever experienced in a restaurant. So loud that is was a major distraction to communication and even just trying to relax. When we asked to be seated outside, the waiter immediately said "too loud isn't it"? He was very courteous in getting us moved, and thankfully it made our evening. If I had to be seated inside, I would not even consider Terra despite how much we like the food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Celebration;Special place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2013We chose Terra because it was midway for three friends to celebrate a birthday, and Terra definitely made the celebration special. The service was excellent and there were many wonderful choices on the menu. Everything was fresh and tasty. I thoroughly enjoyed my shrimp and pasta, and although I am not a desert eater, the chocolate cake was delicious and melted in your mouth. We now have a new favorite restaurant for the three of us to meet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PEOPLE WATCHINGWeejobsVIPDined on 8/2/2013Always consistently excellent, this Greenwich landmark continues to excel ! Take advantage of the nicel weather and eat outside on beautiful Greenwich Avenue, or in the back for more private outdoor dining. The staff is excellent, never missing a beat . Everything is fresh , seasonal and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2013Super tasty food at a very affordable price. They are also very friendly in tailoring every dish to paleo, gluten free and allergy needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good service butScooterDined on 7/30/2013good food, good service but a tad expensive for what you get (I'm guessing that rent on Greenwich Ave. is part of the reason).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but can use some workoutintwnDined on 7/23/2013Food was good, music was terrible, easier should have been significantly more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2013Food was decent and service was excellent, but it was extremely loud and therefore very unpleasant. Some of the noise level is due to the design of the restaurant (all tile and domed ceilings), but a lot of the noise was caused by one large loud table teeming with little children who wandered throughout the retaurant when they and their mothers weren't yelling at the top of their lungs. A competent manager would have politely asked them to tone it down and keep the kids in their seats.
- Great foodShevDined on 7/16/2013Great food! Ny strip was excellent. 1/2 price bottles of wine Tuesdays. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentWeejobsVIPDined on 7/12/2013This is my go to office neighborhood place. No matter how often you go, you will find the food exactly the same, delicious, every time. Service is attentive and expert. You never know which stars you might see here. Always fun, fresh, and a winner. Try their wood roasted pizzas. And say hi to Tony.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2013I love this restaurant, but hadn't recalled that the noise level at lunch was deafening. Tried to have a business lunch, and it was impossible! Really would be nice if they could do something about the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch or dinner.LuvgoodfoodDined on 6/27/2013Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent food. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Get It Right EverytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013I've been going here for years and it's always been fantastic. Everything on the menu is an absolute delight!Special Features:
- Greatly disappointed!ShirlVIPDined on 6/20/2013Chose Terra because of the great reviews it received. My husband I were there during the week to celebrate a special occassion. What a mistake to think Terra would be the place to have a celebrate! Their idea of outdoor dining is a few table in their driveway! The waiters were rude beyond belief! After taking our drink orders and providing us with menus, another waiter approached our table and asked "do you know what you're eating yet?" Now although this isn't exactly the classies restaurant in Greenwich, we were quite shocked. His words and tone pretty much describe our dining experience. Food was okay, nothing special. Would not rececommend this place. Certainly there are much better places to eat in and around Greenwich.
- just another regular restaurantMV0505Dined on 6/16/2013Nothing impressive. It was not bad but not great. Cannot complain on the service. I was really nervous about the other revious but it wasn't that bad. If you really are looking for something special and extraordinary then try a really high end fancy restaurant in Manhattan or something. We were greeted quickly at the door and seated promptly (we had a reservation). Plates were small though. One kid had a margherita pizza - nice. The other penne pasta with red sauce - small but good. My husband had a seafood pasta - ok. and I had the Crispy sea bass - small. We didn't have dessert... went to Meli & Melo down the road for crepes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb dining experience.DukeDined on 6/16/2013A superb dining experience. Excellent food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Stellar service as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013Terra is always great. The food is imaginative and delicious. The wines, especially the Italian reds, are spectacular. But what makes this place standout is the friendly service from every employee. Whether it's lunch or dinner, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeLolaDined on 6/1/2013They must have lost their chef. We will wait a while to return until they get back on track.
- Waiting over ten minutes toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2013Waiting over ten minutes to get service in an almost empty dining room was annoying and didn't make for a good first impression. Wait staff were all just hanging out at the bar, tried flagging them down etc. My husband finally got up and started walking over to them. No apologies just a waiter that said "what do you want?" What do we want? How about service with no attitude. Asked us if we were ready to order and we said no, we would like to start with a cocktail. Thankfully things improved, we got our meals which were good. The special salad of asparagus, peas, and all things green and springy was delicious. The lemon fettucine was light and tasty. Sardines app was enjoyed by one diner as well as the fish special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for every ocasionAnaMVIPDined on 5/12/2013Terra has a terrific team that consistently delivers great food and great service. After a delicious pasta, pizza, chicken or fish you should try the brownie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantJoe13Dined on 5/3/2013Fantastic Menu, and the specials were awesome! Staff was attentive, knowledgable and very friendly. Great wine list with many price points....highly recommended. I have not eaten here n several years, but will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Tony as our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/30/2013We had Tony as our waiter - he is like the A-rod of waiters. Great experience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuna appetizer, butSteveVIPDined on 4/27/2013Great Tuna appetizer, but so-so Crab appetizer. Ravioli was average. Risotto very good. Great service, but very noisy.
- Went with my girlfriend onRevelDined on 4/27/2013Went with my girlfriend on a saturday night. The food and service were excellent. I will definitely be going back and would strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Food just good. However,CarrollVIPDined on 4/27/2013Food just good. However, the location is lovely to sit outside on a sunny day. Service good. People watching great.Special Features:
- We love Terra, we keep goingMandyobVIPDined on 4/26/2013We love Terra, we keep going back! As always, everything was great!!Special Features:
- Warm friendly service, goodCulinaryglobetrotter7VIPDined on 4/25/2013Warm friendly service, good food, we just love coming here!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening - quick,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Very enjoyable evening - quick, efficient service even when very busy. Lovely food, the best tiramisu! Our English guests really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- We had a party for 8 and itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2013We had a party for 8 and it was terrific. Only had a hard time hearing each other as it gets sound loud... Always consistent in food, and service. Had a wonderful time for my birthday!!!! ThanksSpecial Features:
- LovelyPamRDined on 3/27/2013I like a dimly-lit room for dinner, so I was very pleased to be sitting in the dining room of Terra when the sun went down and the candles were glowing. The shrimp appetizer I had was delicious. I was okay with the crispy calamari (I've had better--See Barcelona in SoNo & FFld and Parallel Post in Trumbull). The steak entree I ordered was outstanding. The truffle fries... the demiglace on the plate surrounding the perfectly seared and tender meat. And a simple dish of gelato to finish. I will also add that the wine I had (by the glass) was a velvety smooth and nicely priced Pinot Noir. Pleasantly surprised that the tab wasn't crazy, either. I'd go back again when next in Greenwich.Special Features:
- Been coming for years. NeverFoodie12Dined on 3/15/2013Been coming for years. Never disappoints. Food is always delicious.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Food was great. Service was very nice. Location is great. Near the train station.Special Features:
- The service, food and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013The service, food and presentation were all excellent. A little bit of Italy in Greenwich.Special Features:
- Have been to their sisterRonniTVIPDined on 3/1/2013Have been to their sister restaurants but this was our first visit to Terra. We both fish. Bronzino was excellent, salmon good.Special Features:
- Very nice place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Very nice place for lunch while shopping on Greenwich Ave.Special Features:
- a long time favorite of ours,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/22/2013a long time favorite of ours, though mostly for Saturday lunch, we headed back for dinner. Great food, comfortable "scene", solicitous service. BUT, I never been moved so quickly though a meal . . . instant appetizers, clear plate, serve entrée, clear plate, time for dessert -- get that check on the table in about an hour all told. Slow is bad, but fast is not good. have to think twice about the next visit.
- consistently greatMarkVIPDined on 2/17/2013fun, great crowd, beautiful Tuscan decor, fine food, outstanding chicken comes out of that wood burning oven, can get a little cramped, but it's an attractive crowd so you don't really mind.Special Features: