Terra Restaurant - Charlotte
545-B Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28207Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Terra Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terracharlotte.com/index.html
- Phone: 7043321886
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Terra Restaurant - Charlotte
Terra is a place that changes with the seasons, we celebrate daily life with great food, wonderful wine and tempting desserts and cordials. You'll be greeted heartily, and fed the finest French cuisine. There's always a reason to celebrate, life is short...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Terra Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Terra Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great hidden gem. Delicious food and you can actually carry on a conversation without shouting. KCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Everything was great. Unfortunately we had not discovered this gem earlier. The food and the service were amazing and we plan to come back, often.Special Features:
- Poor quality main coursesFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went with my wife and another couple for Sat night dinner. My wife and I started our meals with salads, which were reasonably good. I had the mixed greens, she had the beet salad. My wife had the mussels with fries as her main course. The waiter turned his nose up at my wife when she requested ketchup for her fries. -- apparently they do not carry ketchup. The muscles were incredibly small, and the accompanying sauce did not taste good. My wife also ordered a side of creamy risotto, which was tasteless. I had the special risotto-- a risotto with some sort of red sauce and duck breast -- the dish was quite bland. I have been to less expensive restaurants in Charlotte, including French restaurants -- with higher quality food.
- OverratedJiminBelmontDined on 7/26/2014We made a reservation at 7 pm on a Sat evening for my bday. When wife & I arrived the restaurant was mostly empty yet we were given the worst table in the place (a 2-top behind the hostess stand). Dining room is small, low ceiling with acoustical tiles, and a "view" of the parking lot. We were practically sitting on top of the party of 3 at the next table. Waiter was polite but aloof. The closest he came to showing enthusiasm was complimenting the bottle of wine we chose. Our meal ranged from good (prosciutto app) to excellent (beet risotto with duck) but not extraordinary as reviewed in other posts. Def a neighborhood gem to Myers Park but for more than $200 I expect great service and equally good ambience. Disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Terry and staff - first class. Food - outstanding flavors. Thank you for an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epicurean DelightDengigDined on 7/10/2014A great restaurant that this time of year has light business. That means you get all the attention from the kitchen a wait staff. Everything is fresh and made in house. The special of the evening, Risotto with Wild Boar Sausage was incredible. Despite the name was not at all gamey but was savory , slightly sweet and creamy. The Noix de St. Jacques sur Raviolis D'Épinard à la Creme de Pernod is pan seared scallops served over spinach and ricotta cheese raviolis finished with a pernod cream sauce. The chocolate mousse for dessert was perfect. . Incredible. I doubt that you can go wrong with anything served. We will return.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our experience!mrstangblbDined on 6/28/2014Going by reservations placed only after reading a Charlotte Magazine Top 25 restaurant review, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect when we arrived to Terra Restaurant. The building was smaller than I expected, but what a great dining experience! From the time we arrived and were seated by a very pleasant gentleman, we were treated with the utmost service and respect. The waiter we had was extremely attentive, and the food we enjoyed, a gentle whitefish entree and a delicious salad, was delicious. It was a nicely attended, not packed out, quiet place to relax and enjoy. Thanks so much to the people of Terra Restaurant for making our dining experience one of the best we've had in a long time!Special Features:
- First time, won't be our last!JamesSDined on 5/30/2014Have always wanted to check it out based on the strong reviews. Finally did and we weren't disappointed! Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food, great serviceHankDined on 5/21/2014Whenever we have to choose a restaurant for a special occasion, Terra is always at the very top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargeNeighborhooddiner1Dined on 5/16/2014The waitperson had an extra glass of wine on my bill. When I politely called it to his attention, he got in a huff and stalked off to fix it. Never a bye your leave or acknowledgement of his error - much less an apology. That is too bad Terra because we have been going there for several years and have always had excellent service from the wait staff. The food was, as always, quite good.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the Terra Restaurant - Charlotte reviews archive.
- AvocadoDined on 4/19/2014The food was delicious - our party had gnocchi, risotto, steak, veal and scallops - all beautifully prepared and not oversized. It is a small restaurant so I thought it might be quiet for my 90 year old step father and his hearing aid, however it was quite loud when the tables were all full. By the end of the evening the noise level was fine. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friday Evening DInnerDriftingFeatherDined on 4/11/2014I recently visited Terra for the first time with 2 girlfriends, and all three of us left thoroughly satisfied. Both our arrival and departure were full of warm salutations. Every course of the food (we did 4 courses) and all of the cocktails/wine were excellent. The ambiance was lively, but not too loud at all. We were very much able to converse with ease, and it seemed that everyone around us was enjoying their experiences as well. I simply could not overstate how wonderful our server was. She was charming, patient, knowledgable, and attentive. For the quantity and quality of food/beverage I received, my check was extremely reasonable. All three of us would head back to Terra in a heartbeat. This is a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Date nightDemokittyDined on 4/4/2014Our daughter had a sleepover so my wife and I had a date night (dinner and movie). Terra was an excellent choice, we arrived early (6:15pm) and were seated immediately. The restaurant is cozy, even with multiple tables seated the noise was not an issue. We ordered the duck duo appetizer, we both preferred the smoked duck. My wife order the scallops, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Osso Bucco which was very good also (portion was a little big for my appetite, even though I did end up eating it all. For dessert we shared the mousse au chocolat, which was very, very good ~ lite and airy and tasty. To go with our meal we had a nice Cotes du Rhone red which our server graciously allowed us to taste prior to serving. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do NOT judge this book by...NCBuckeyeDined on 4/4/2014Co-located with Starbucks in a small strip mall in the center of Myers Park on Providence Rd, you're wondering about your choice when you walk in...relax! Terra has been here for years and does some classic dishes well enough that they'll be here for many more. The Osso Bucco was outstanding, as was the Stripe Bass special served with crispy fried brussel sprouts and garnished with mussels. The veal scallopini was also excellent, not pounded into a piece of shoe leather, but served a little more 'plump.' Limited wine list, but I found two or three interesting choices within the medium bodied reds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise in Myers parkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Wonder why I have not been eating there sooner! Lovely well prepared casual French food including great moules frites.Special Features:
- 10 year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014We love going to Terra's. We call it our calm inside the storm. The food is always good and the staff is fantastic. We could have gone anywhere for our anniversary, but chose Terra's. It was a great and special evening.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in Charlotte.SteveDined on 2/28/2014Small place with nice staff. Very dish was excellent, unique food.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to bring friendsHappyfoodDined on 2/27/2014I've been here twice. Once with my daughter and then again with friends and my daughter:). Food is wonderful, nice music and very friendly personnel. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great excepttruleoDined on 2/19/2014Everything was great except my NY Strip, it was quite over cooked (I ordered it MR.) Clam appetizer was really good, lobster bisque was tasty. The server recommended a great bottle of wine, which we all loved. Not a whole lot of thought went into dessert, really simple, but they tasted good.Special Features:
- Small but consistently good foodLbhindelVIPDined on 2/15/2014It is our 2nd time having dinner here. The food is very hood. The dining room is small and a bit noisy, but overall a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Great place to go for a romantic night out. Also, awesome for never-ending mussels on Tuesday nights!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAnonymousVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for Valentine's Day and had a delicious meal. Staff was excellent and we really had a great evening. We asked about gluten free options and they were happy to make adjustments to any dish so we could enjoy it. Would definitely check this restaurant out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePsulionfan23Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went there for Valentine's Day and we were very happy with our experience. The waitstaff was very knowledgable and helpful with dinner and wine selections. The food was fantastic! I would recommend this restaurant to every one of my friends or anyone wanting a good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Duck pate appetizer was phenomenal , wonderful mix of savory with sweet . Great wine list by the bottle with very little markup on pricing. Garret find will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful good, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/6/2014Wonderful good, service and wine. Ambiance lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014We enjoy Terra very much. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The food is very good. It is one of our go-to restaurants for celebrations - birthdays, anniversaries, other special occasions. The prices are comparable to other restaurants in this category. It is also in a great neighborhood that permits walking to a movie. We had my husband's birthday dinner here recently and he really enjoyed the seafood pasta. In fact, this is the second or third year in a row that he has chosen Terra for his celebration. HIghly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerBK98Dined on 1/9/2014This is our favorite Charlotte restaurant. Always some nice specials and meals are perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is lovingly preparedAvocadoDined on 1/4/2014Very delicious, high quality food. I had the Gnocchi with lamb ragu - deep fried gnocchi pillows - need I say more?! Perfect portion sizes too. The service is paced for a leisurely experience- we kept our menu for a while and ordered each course separately. Food came quickly once ordered though. Quiet spot also, which is hard to find these days, great for conversation. The owner was there and was attentive but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in CharlotteBK98Dined on 12/31/2013From appetizers to dessert, all is perfectly prepared in their kitchen. Dinner at its finest. Wine list is limited, but enough to find a complement to the meal. The proprietor, Thierry G., is always there as the Host, assuring that the meal is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New yrs eveMelkmDined on 12/31/2013Been several times. Reliably great food. Great service. Good wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New YearHappyNewYearDined on 12/31/2013Food was excellent. Small, quiet, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked venueTBM3VIPDined on 12/29/2013Terra is a wonderful, small neighborhood French restaurant. Very good food, reasonably priced and interesting wine list, and outstanding deserts. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Great foodVisitorDined on 12/27/2013The food was very good-the ambiance was a little lacking-but the owner was very nice and comped a beer at the end of the evening when our cab drove by and we had to waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, great foodKnitterYogiDined on 12/20/2013My husband and I shared the mussels with fries, I had the scallops with spinach ravioli, and my husband had the rib eye. Everything was delicious! The scallops could have been cooked a little less, but I like them more on the rare side, and the flavor was still very good. The service was some of the best I've ever experienced. It was our first time dining there, but it felt like they considered us old friends as well as honored guests .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotmfrankVIPDined on 12/6/2013This was our first time at this restaurant but we had a great experience. The place is small but the food and service is wonderful. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and wine list and could answer any questions we had. The food was inventive, different from anywhere else in Charlotte. Highly recommend for a date night!Special Features:
- Great Food....Lacking in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013I don't know if the place was trying to give a true European dining experience, but we had pretty slow and inconsistent service throughout. It was just a party of 2 with no special requirements - pretty standard dining - appetizer, glass of wine. It took the wait staff 10-15 minutes to get us our check after we told them we were done. There were two larger parties that came in after us and left before us. I will say that the wait staff was very cordial, just very slow. All that said, the food was actually pretty excellent and I would definitely try it again to see if we just had a fluke in service that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/30/2013Expected French fine dining at a local neighborhood gem. Meal started out ok with the mussels. Downhill after that. Overall, experienced mediocre food that matched the ambiance and the service. Thus, disappointed.
- Nice new finddpd0843Dined on 11/20/2013Dinner with wife and friend. Service was very good. We had soup du jour and pate and both were very good. Friend had veal and stated it was very tasty.Wife had seafood pasta and enjoyed and i had gnocchi and braised lamb and i thought it was OK. Wine was Cotes du Rhone and very nice. Overall it was enjoyable but not sure enough to make me a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST French RestaurantRachelPDined on 11/16/2013Let me start from beginning to end. First off, I LOVE the location of this place. No braving uptown traffic, parking or any other nonsense. We had a reservation and when we walked in, the greeted us and sat us down immediately. There were multiple staff working in perfect synchronicity. The apps were so good we had to order 3. Escargot, the Duck Pate plate and the Mussels. Amazing! The veal was to die for good. Based on the slanted eyes and smiles of people at other tables I would say they enjoyed their meals too. Despite my best effort, there was just no room for dessert. So, great parking, amazing service, fantastic fresh, delicious food and wine and a fair price tag. Do I recommend this place? A big YES!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2013The food is always perfectly prepared at Terra. Take note of any specials as they are always fresh and interesting. The attentive staff makes your dining experience comfortable and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.