1501 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terraplata.com/
- Phone: (206) 325-1501
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday Paella Night 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tamara Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Terra Plata offers both on & off-site catering services for all types, sizes, and styles of events at the location of your choice. For each affair we specifically tailor a unique menu to meet your individual needs. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless with Terra Plata!
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Plata has a unique rooftop dining option which can be reserved for private events.
Check out our website for more details at www.terraplata.com.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Vrignaud 2063251501x
- Special Events: Every Monday is paella night at Terra Plata. Offering food, wine, inspired cocktails and music of Spain.
A word from Terra Plata
Terra Plata is Chef Tamara Murphy'sContinued
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Terra Plata - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Terra Plata reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (139)great for outdoor dining (108)neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (64)special occasion (53)hot spot (51)romantic (49)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (30)scenic view (23)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014Am a long-time fan of TP but the other evening was disappointed. The food was okay but a bit hit and miss with some dishes good while others lacked flavor (mussels and spotted shrimp). We waited ages for 2 orders of shrimp - almost having to leave before they arrived as we were done with our meal by that time. Have to admit, was expecting a comp of one shrimp or complimentary dessert or something for our wait and frustration but none came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMegjoyoDined on 11/22/2014I almost don't want to give this place a good review because I don't want word to get out how good it is and thereby make it harder to get in. I have never been disappointed with Terra Plata and we've eaten there a lot. This last time we tried the calamari and it was delicious. Very tender, perfectly breaded, and accompanied by two delicious sauces. The Brussels sprouts were another highlight of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Terra Plata consistently provides great food and great service. I have yet to be disappointed. I feel like I might cry if I, for some reason, could no longer taste a few of their dishes. I have a gluten allergy and the menu us extremely allergy conscious and the staff are so helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food with Outstanding Service.MaxDangerDined on 11/20/2014We have been to Terra Plata several times and each time we have had a great experience. The menu is always interesting and tasty, with a broad variety of offerings. Something for everyone. Medium size plates, so order a wide variety. Great wine list (not expensive) that pairs well with the food. The service is excellent, and always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchnew2seattleDined on 11/9/2014I love this place! You walk in the door and the smells of bread, coffee, sweets hit you face-on! The food is fresh, interesting combinations that take me back to my grandmother's kitchen on the farm! Hash (but not your grandma's hash!), grits, cinnabuns...great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy & MediocreYumseekerDined on 11/8/2014Overall our meal was very mediocre. The only stand out was dessert - the churros were perfection. The carpaccio was doused in salt and truffle oil and basically inedible. The charcuturie was average and bland. I had the pork as a main course and thank goodness for the melted pork fat to give it some character. Not sure what the fuss is over this place. To top it off it is expensive. Better off going to the Persian walk up across the street.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every morsel!MomamaDined on 11/8/2014I'M JUST AMAZED WHAT THE CHEF CAN DO TO MAKE THE FOOD ALL TASTE PHENOMENAL. I DON'T EVEN CARE TO EAT MUSSELS BUT HER CURRIED MUSSELS WHERE MELT IN YOUR MOUTH TENDER AND SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. THE WINE WAS PERFECT AND SERVICE FANTASTIC! WISH I COULD EAT EVERY MEAL THERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A feel good eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Great tastes, creative plates, great for sharing. Loved the non alcoholic drink choices as well. Look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!FoodistaSeattleDined on 11/3/2014Went with a group of 6 women for paella night and we left feeling hungry! It's served family style yet portions were small. Bread is complimentary which we had to ask the server to bring to our table. Our group had the seafood paella and vegetarian. Both were flavorful but we wished the portions were larger. Dont bother with paella night!
- Totally disappointingfoodisgoodDined on 11/2/2014I had high hopes - space is beautiful and menu is very appealing, but I was really disappointed. The breakfast hash was swimming in so much oil I couldn't eat it. I asked if it came with toast and was told the restaurant didn't have toast, notwithstanding the fact that bread and butter is listed on the menu and there were dozens of ramekins filled with jelly at the counter next to me. I'd try this place again for dinner because it was such a beautiful space, but I was really disappointed.
- arloArloVIPDined on 10/31/2014good lunch. Staff always great here. Could have more salads but both entrees ordered were quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding dining experienceverypleasedDined on 10/29/2014On our first trip to Seattle, we were encouraged to visit Terra Platta. From the moment we entered Terra Platt and met Linda, the proprietor and Craig, our waiter, we felt Terra Plata was highly focused on making our visit a great experience. The menu was diverse and excellent. For example, the often ignored Brussel sprouts were highly recommended, creatively prepared and simply excellent. Our entries were risotto and sturgeon and also excellent. Simply put, Terra Plata was not 'no asterisk' dining experience. That is, in many restaurants, we've been inclined to say it was excellent, except for whatever deficiency we noted. That was not the case with Terra Plata. We had a great dining experience and would highly recommend Terra Plata.Special Features:
- paella suburb flavorfoodieDined on 10/27/2014We came for paella as yours was touted as the best in seattle. I thought it had suburb flavor yet it was a little disappointing. It was smaller than I imagined. The whole prawns that had to be cleaned, I'm sure thrills some, as it probably seems more authentic but it is difficult to manage as a diner. Also the chicken, again, probably seems more authentic to some but to manage as a diner, I would prefer smaller pieces that didn't have to be managed. Overall, it didn't seem as festive as I had imagined. The space, while certainly pleasant, is quite subdued. I would like to try again next summer on the deck on a beautiful sunny evening and see how that is. It certainly made me ready to make paella myself again.Special Features:
- Tasteful, Tasteful, Tasteful!MichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! I loved the "be yourself" ambience, the service, hospitality, and of course, the food! Go for the Brussels sprouts a and roasted pork w chorizo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant nightPhotomom5Dined on 10/18/2014The food flavor a never wowed us or exploded our senses with surprise. It was an expensive meal that was good. We'll go back to loulay's!Special Features:
- Great food for a group settingMooTooDined on 10/15/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant. I took a table of 9 which grew to a setting of 14 without any hassle or issue from the staff waiting on us. We ordered a range of starters which were tasty and then the group had a variety of plates - none of which remained when our table was cleared. Surely a good sign! Unlike so many of their counter parts, this restaurant has a perfectly sized menu - just enough choice without being overwhelming. The veggies amongst us has a great meal and they were very easy to switch up anything we didn't want in the dish itself. I'd also love to return with my husband, it's that kind of place: Romantic, delightful food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Been here atleast 15 times. This time the food was not as good as all the other times. Disappointed with the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousolymominSeattleDined on 10/11/2014We ate here as a group of 3 before going to a show at the 5th Avenue Theater. The appetizers really set the tone for the evening. We had a great selection of olives, peppers, bread and baked grapes with cheese and nuts with Sangria. Our server was very attentive. We all had different entrees and they were all outstanding. We shared a dessert and left feeling very satisfied. It was a short walk to the theater. A very successful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatsybaritaDined on 10/4/2014Great place! Very good food and better service! Innovative fusion. All dishes are high qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointOrsinoDined on 10/4/2014A still-warm autumn night at Terra Plata is worth the effort of booking a reservation in advance. When they open the sliding glass windows to let the sounds and scents of the neighborhood at night mingle with the cooking aromas and enthusiastic diners' chatter, it makes the experience just a little more energetic. Very attentive service from staff who clearly like their jobs and their establishment very much. Outstanding entrees: Coho salmon and Wagyu sirloin. Some interesting and a couple of surprising wines on the menu, too.Special Features:
- Great food, poor servicegogirl1213VIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved the food, the rustic decor and the menu at Terra Plata: a limited list of items done very well. However, service was quite poor despite the restaurant being only a 1/4 of the way full. We never received the drinks we ordered (which at least didn't pop up on the bill) and our server took quite a while to even come over to us with waters; slow service continued in the short time we were there. Hopefully the service will improve or was a fluke as the food really was quite tasty!Special Features:
- Paella night!hmcq12Dined on 9/29/2014Went with the gentleman for Paella Night, and we weren't disappointed! We started with the cheese plate and wine flight, both of which were great. Had the paella mixto and sangria, and had a blast. Flavorful, lots of different proteins & veggies, and filling. We ended up finding a coupon in the chinook book app, but I wouldn't have had a problem paying full price; definitely worth it. Restaurant is a little noisey, but food & service quality always make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting food and poor servicemel2VIPDined on 9/28/2014I have eaten at Terra Plata before and have always found the food interesting. It is not off the charts fabulous but delicious and very seasonal. I also like the location. But this last eating experience left me with a lack of desire to return. Our waitress showed a complete lack of care and interest in our table. Once she took our wine and appetizer order, we waited and waited to place the rest of the order. We had to flag her down. She never returned to the table except to give us our bill. Other staff served our entrees which took forever to show up. The restaurant was not busy...it was 5:00 on a Sunday evening. No excuses for such bad, slow service!Special Features:
- A little loud, but very goodfoodloveDined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic (although the sirloin was on the very rare side of "medium-rare"). It is very loud, so not a great place for quiet conversations. We were seated in a row of 2-tops, and unfortunately could hear every one of their conversations, as well as those across the restaurant. It is very loud. Looking forward to trying the rooftop dining next summer.Special Features:
- great but forgottenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014we sat on the rooftop which was a very nice setting, there are heat lamps so it felt nice even on a chilly night. our food was awesome but service very poor - our server seemed to bypass us often, we got a bottle of champagne that she brought to us opened and then left so I had to pour for us, and she got upset and snapped at a support staff member in front of us which I though was very inappropriate especially considering he was more attentive and helpful to us than she was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteFiebinatorDined on 9/27/2014What a great restaurant. We love Terra Plata ... so many things to marvel at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated & OverpricedfoodietttaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first & last time. We were given the option of dining alfresco, roof top which seemed like a good idea until we were shoe-horned so closely into a table that was almost into the laps of an adjoining couple. The rather embarrassed women assured us they would talk quietly. We heard every word. The drinks were nasty tasting & the food was just plain bland or too bitter due to over use of herbs. I am a foody & I was so disappointed that I dragged my husband on a super-long walk to this awful place. We could have had an excellent meal at Urbane (5-stars) in our hotel (Hyatt 8 at Olive.) One of the worst OpenTable experiences EVER.
- SuperbLocalLocoLawdyLuluDined on 9/19/2014Not pretentious, really fantastic food, great service, great energy. This will definitely be one of our top go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingNoFoodieDined on 9/14/2014I was looking forward to trying out Terra Plata, perhaps my expectations were too high Cheese plate was good though small. I asked what types of cheeses they were and that seem to confuse the server. The risotto was bland and undercooked. I told the server, he said "oh" and moved on. I got some salt and pepper from a different server. Salmon dish was only ok. All can be taken on stride when a good time is the goal except for poor service. Our server provided absolutely no help other than carrying our dishes to the table. I was appalled by his lack of concern or desire to help. I felt under appreciated as a paying customer.
- Lovely brunchveganfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I very much enjoyed my brunch experience. My only criticism is that the restaurant was not at all busy but our food did take some time to come out.Special Features:
- wonderful!happinessDined on 9/13/2014our first experience but can't wait to come again. very cool vibe, amazing rooftop deck with urban views, superior staff, yummy food with great presentations. can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJaneGoDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food. Outstanding service. Perfect experience. Ate outside on their upper patio overlooking their rooftop vegetable and herb garden.Special Features:
- DelightfulSpek4ChefDined on 9/12/2014Had a leisurely lunch for two here last week. Very interesting menu that works really well for sharing. Solid list of both domestic and international wines. We got the peppers, a salad, the seafood stew, the steak frites, and the maccaroons for dessert. Everything was delicious and appropriately portioned, and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!matthewDined on 9/11/2014Delicious and inventive food, great service, and a fantastic ambience. What more do you want?Special Features:
- Always a gemsavethexuxosDined on 9/6/2014Terra Plata never disappoints! A go to choice to take visitors, business colleagues, and friends. Great food and friendly staff! The potato chips are truffle heaven and while I don't order chicken when out, the dish unexpectedly was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveninglocaleaterDined on 9/5/2014Sat on the roof with friends, great atmosphere, fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotMamnoonFanDined on 9/5/2014This is a great lunch spot. It is so close to downtown, yet I have never had trouble getting a seat at lunch time. The service is a bit slow for lunch, so if you need to be in and out within an hour, this isn't your ideal destination. However, if you have between 75 to 90 minutes, this place is a gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Really tasty, but a bit pricey. The rooftop is a great location, but there are a lot of tables pretty close to each other. If you are looking for a semi-private romantic date, this is probably not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeKMcGDined on 8/31/2014We went to TP awhile ago for dinner and everything was outstanding. So naturally, we couldn't wait to take friends from out of town there for brunch. The food was good--better than the usual brunch fare--but the service was TERRIBLE. Everyone around us--even people who came in AFTER we had ordered--got their food before we did. It was such a disappointment. The other bummer was the seating for our party of 6. We were put at a really long table with long, heavy benches (vs. chairs) which made it difficult to accommodate people of different heights. It wouldn't have been such a bummer but there were several other open tables (that remained open for the duration of our meal) that could've easily (and comfortably) accommodated our party.Special Features:
- Trendy brunch but with great foodDemiDined on 8/31/2014Can I just say that you must buy a cinnamon roll and a biscuit for your table. This was suggested by our very friendly server and it was a great idea. The hardwood meet brick look of the place and the open kitchen makes you feel like you're brunching at a trendy loft. The kitchen seemed very amenable to substitution (related to food restrictions).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.