1501 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terraplata.com/
- Phone: 2063251501x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday Paella Night 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tamara Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Terra Plata offers both on & off-site catering services for all types, sizes, and styles of events at the location of your choice. For each affair we specifically tailor a unique menu to meet your individual needs. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless with Terra Plata!
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Plata has a unique rooftop dining option which can be reserved for private events.
Check out our website for more details at www.terraplata.com.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Vrignaud 2063251501x
- Special Events: Every Monday is paella night at Terra Plata. Offering food, wine, inspired cocktails and music of Spain.
A word from Terra Plata
Terra Plata is Chef Tamara Murphy'sContinued
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Terra Plata - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Terra Plata reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)great for outdoor dining (140)neighborhood gem (103)good for groups (73)special occasion (62)hot spot (57)romantic (54)great for brunch (37)notable wine list (37)scenic view (36)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (22)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Pleasant nightPhotomom5Dined on 10/18/2014The food flavor a never wowed us or exploded our senses with surprise. It was an expensive meal that was good. We'll go back to loulay's!Special Features:
- Great food for a group settingMooTooDined on 10/15/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant. I took a table of 9 which grew to a setting of 14 without any hassle or issue from the staff waiting on us. We ordered a range of starters which were tasty and then the group had a variety of plates - none of which remained when our table was cleared. Surely a good sign! Unlike so many of their counter parts, this restaurant has a perfectly sized menu - just enough choice without being overwhelming. The veggies amongst us has a great meal and they were very easy to switch up anything we didn't want in the dish itself. I'd also love to return with my husband, it's that kind of place: Romantic, delightful food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Been here atleast 15 times. This time the food was not as good as all the other times. Disappointed with the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousolymominSeattleDined on 10/11/2014We ate here as a group of 3 before going to a show at the 5th Avenue Theater. The appetizers really set the tone for the evening. We had a great selection of olives, peppers, bread and baked grapes with cheese and nuts with Sangria. Our server was very attentive. We all had different entrees and they were all outstanding. We shared a dessert and left feeling very satisfied. It was a short walk to the theater. A very successful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatsybaritaDined on 10/4/2014Great place! Very good food and better service! Innovative fusion. All dishes are high qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointOrsinoDined on 10/4/2014A still-warm autumn night at Terra Plata is worth the effort of booking a reservation in advance. When they open the sliding glass windows to let the sounds and scents of the neighborhood at night mingle with the cooking aromas and enthusiastic diners' chatter, it makes the experience just a little more energetic. Very attentive service from staff who clearly like their jobs and their establishment very much. Outstanding entrees: Coho salmon and Wagyu sirloin. Some interesting and a couple of surprising wines on the menu, too.Special Features:
- Great food, poor servicegogirl1213VIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved the food, the rustic decor and the menu at Terra Plata: a limited list of items done very well. However, service was quite poor despite the restaurant being only a 1/4 of the way full. We never received the drinks we ordered (which at least didn't pop up on the bill) and our server took quite a while to even come over to us with waters; slow service continued in the short time we were there. Hopefully the service will improve or was a fluke as the food really was quite tasty!Special Features:
- Paella night!hmcq12Dined on 9/29/2014Went with the gentleman for Paella Night, and we weren't disappointed! We started with the cheese plate and wine flight, both of which were great. Had the paella mixto and sangria, and had a blast. Flavorful, lots of different proteins & veggies, and filling. We ended up finding a coupon in the chinook book app, but I wouldn't have had a problem paying full price; definitely worth it. Restaurant is a little noisey, but food & service quality always make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting food and poor servicemel2VIPDined on 9/28/2014I have eaten at Terra Plata before and have always found the food interesting. It is not off the charts fabulous but delicious and very seasonal. I also like the location. But this last eating experience left me with a lack of desire to return. Our waitress showed a complete lack of care and interest in our table. Once she took our wine and appetizer order, we waited and waited to place the rest of the order. We had to flag her down. She never returned to the table except to give us our bill. Other staff served our entrees which took forever to show up. The restaurant was not busy...it was 5:00 on a Sunday evening. No excuses for such bad, slow service!Special Features:
- A little loud, but very goodfoodloveDined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic (although the sirloin was on the very rare side of "medium-rare"). It is very loud, so not a great place for quiet conversations. We were seated in a row of 2-tops, and unfortunately could hear every one of their conversations, as well as those across the restaurant. It is very loud. Looking forward to trying the rooftop dining next summer.Special Features:
- great but forgottenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014we sat on the rooftop which was a very nice setting, there are heat lamps so it felt nice even on a chilly night. our food was awesome but service very poor - our server seemed to bypass us often, we got a bottle of champagne that she brought to us opened and then left so I had to pour for us, and she got upset and snapped at a support staff member in front of us which I though was very inappropriate especially considering he was more attentive and helpful to us than she was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteFiebinatorDined on 9/27/2014What a great restaurant. We love Terra Plata ... so many things to marvel at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated & OverpricedfoodietttaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first & last time. We were given the option of dining alfresco, roof top which seemed like a good idea until we were shoe-horned so closely into a table that was almost into the laps of an adjoining couple. The rather embarrassed women assured us they would talk quietly. We heard every word. The drinks were nasty tasting & the food was just plain bland or too bitter due to over use of herbs. I am a foody & I was so disappointed that I dragged my husband on a super-long walk to this awful place. We could have had an excellent meal at Urbane (5-stars) in our hotel (Hyatt 8 at Olive.) One of the worst OpenTable experiences EVER.
- SuperbLocalLocoLawdyLuluDined on 9/19/2014Not pretentious, really fantastic food, great service, great energy. This will definitely be one of our top go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingNoFoodieDined on 9/14/2014I was looking forward to trying out Terra Plata, perhaps my expectations were too high Cheese plate was good though small. I asked what types of cheeses they were and that seem to confuse the server. The risotto was bland and undercooked. I told the server, he said "oh" and moved on. I got some salt and pepper from a different server. Salmon dish was only ok. All can be taken on stride when a good time is the goal except for poor service. Our server provided absolutely no help other than carrying our dishes to the table. I was appalled by his lack of concern or desire to help. I felt under appreciated as a paying customer.
- Lovely brunchveganfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I very much enjoyed my brunch experience. My only criticism is that the restaurant was not at all busy but our food did take some time to come out.Special Features:
- wonderful!happinessDined on 9/13/2014our first experience but can't wait to come again. very cool vibe, amazing rooftop deck with urban views, superior staff, yummy food with great presentations. can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJaneGoDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food. Outstanding service. Perfect experience. Ate outside on their upper patio overlooking their rooftop vegetable and herb garden.Special Features:
- DelightfulSpek4ChefDined on 9/12/2014Had a leisurely lunch for two here last week. Very interesting menu that works really well for sharing. Solid list of both domestic and international wines. We got the peppers, a salad, the seafood stew, the steak frites, and the maccaroons for dessert. Everything was delicious and appropriately portioned, and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!matthewDined on 9/11/2014Delicious and inventive food, great service, and a fantastic ambience. What more do you want?Special Features:
- Always a gemsavethexuxosDined on 9/6/2014Terra Plata never disappoints! A go to choice to take visitors, business colleagues, and friends. Great food and friendly staff! The potato chips are truffle heaven and while I don't order chicken when out, the dish unexpectedly was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveninglocaleaterDined on 9/5/2014Sat on the roof with friends, great atmosphere, fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotMamnoonFanDined on 9/5/2014This is a great lunch spot. It is so close to downtown, yet I have never had trouble getting a seat at lunch time. The service is a bit slow for lunch, so if you need to be in and out within an hour, this isn't your ideal destination. However, if you have between 75 to 90 minutes, this place is a gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Really tasty, but a bit pricey. The rooftop is a great location, but there are a lot of tables pretty close to each other. If you are looking for a semi-private romantic date, this is probably not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeKMcGDined on 8/31/2014We went to TP awhile ago for dinner and everything was outstanding. So naturally, we couldn't wait to take friends from out of town there for brunch. The food was good--better than the usual brunch fare--but the service was TERRIBLE. Everyone around us--even people who came in AFTER we had ordered--got their food before we did. It was such a disappointment. The other bummer was the seating for our party of 6. We were put at a really long table with long, heavy benches (vs. chairs) which made it difficult to accommodate people of different heights. It wouldn't have been such a bummer but there were several other open tables (that remained open for the duration of our meal) that could've easily (and comfortably) accommodated our party.Special Features:
- Trendy brunch but with great foodDemiDined on 8/31/2014Can I just say that you must buy a cinnamon roll and a biscuit for your table. This was suggested by our very friendly server and it was a great idea. The hardwood meet brick look of the place and the open kitchen makes you feel like you're brunching at a trendy loft. The kitchen seemed very amenable to substitution (related to food restrictions).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spontaneous outingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Made a reservation last minute and got the last one for the night. The place smelled wonderful which heightened the anticipation. I had the cod which was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. He had the steak which was served a little rare. Overall it was great! We look forward to coming back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLFurstDined on 8/28/2014terrific food and presentation, nice imaginative wine list, good staffSpecial Features:
- Wonderful foodBroodieFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Fantastic food with multilayered flavors. The churros with chocolate dipping sauce was delightful. Although the food was great, it was hard to completely enjoy because I felt like I was dinning in a loud sauna. I hoped the cocktails would cool me off but the small size didn't liberate my comfort.Special Features:
- TastyCRunDined on 8/25/2014Beyond the great paella marisco and delicious Roger's pilsner, my girlfriend and I had a great two hours on the rooftop enjoying her birthday. Thanks to our great waiter who took my inquiry and provided the flan on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!WadeyBoyDined on 8/24/2014First time here and it was great. Rooftop garden seating was very nice on a late summer evening. Friendly service, tasty appetizers and everyone in our party enjoyed their entree. Winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was good but...YMYKMTDined on 8/24/2014Went there for a Sunday brunch. The attendant was very nice. I like it's location and the ambience of the restaurant. Food was prepared well but portion size was a bit short for the price. Maybe a complimentary bread/toast with your brunch entree at the current price would have made it more reasonable. It's just hard to eat your grits, sardines or stew with no bread...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but oversolddempstaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wait service was fine but checking in was not so smooth. They were overbooked on the rooftop deck so we had to wait almost half an hour even with reservations. No bar where we might grab a drink and wait...Other than that, food is great as always, ambience on top is lovely, hard to beat.Special Features:
- Disastrous evening2eatornot2eatVIPDined on 8/17/2014The res was for 7:45 PM on the rooftop. The host said people were finishing up. We waited by the door till about 8:15 and checked again & we're told they only had bar stools available on the roof so we said we'd have a drink at the bar and to let us know when the table was ready. By 8:30 I complained to the mgr and he promptly comped our drinks and bought us some apps which was very nice. But as time wore on it was clear the rooftop wasn't going to happen so we agreed to sit downstairs. You would think they would've told the waiter to be on top of it but the service was slow and the kitchen was even slower. No wonder they were backed up. We didn't get to eat dinner till just past 9:30 PM.
- Good for a group dinner outchrismm1978VIPDined on 8/16/2014I wouldn't recommend for a date night out, but with a group of friends Terra Plata is perfect. We waited an hour for our reserved time, which was disappointing, but they did send us a few appetizers on the house, as we were sitting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening at Terra PlataHoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were seated on the roof deck for dinner - perfect ambience once the sun went behind the buildings. We definitely recommend the more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of the deck over the main restaurant downstairs where it is more of a scene. We shared a number of small and large plates between four people - the roasted grapes and foraged mushrooms were particularly delicious. We shared two desserts - the huckleberry cake was everyone's favorite. Our server was really delightful and attentive at all times and he recommended the perfect wines to pair with the assortment of dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- LovelynakedtonueVIPDined on 8/16/2014Treated myself to a solo brunch. Had the savory hash with house made sausage and a perfectly poached egg. Delightful flavors and very fresh herbs. A spicy Bloody Maria added to the experience. I wish the two-top tables weren't so close together, but I had a peaceful meal until the table next to be was seated.Special Features:
- Great flavors and Servicejmg98118VIPDined on 8/15/2014Has a limited menu, but 3 choices in the earth, land, and sea categories. We had the cheese platter for starters, and then the pork dinner, which was large enough to share. The pork was tender with great flavors, the clams that were in the broth were cooked just right and had absorbed the many flavors of the brothSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencecookiemonsterDined on 8/14/2014I was in charge of finding a place for 10 of my friends who were coming into town for a wedding. We sat on the roof top deck and everyone was very impressed with the great ambiance and food. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food, spot top notch, service so soDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014We've looked forward to visiting Terra Plata based on many recommendations from friends and press. The super roof top dining option and the great and varied selection of delicious food and drink definitely lived up to expectations. With six diners we had ample opportunity to try, share and enjoy a wide array of delicious dishes. The service, however, was really disappointing. Slow, missed a couple of the dishes which then came VERY late in the process after we asked (they had already cleared the table,) and very unavailable and inattentive. The back up wait staff filled in some of the gaps but overall the service was really lackluster. We will try again...maybe just an off night for the server or they were short staffed that evening.Special Features: