1501 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terraplata.com/
- Phone: 2063251501x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday Paella Night 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tamara Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Terra Plata offers both on & off-site catering services for all types, sizes, and styles of events at the location of your choice. For each affair we specifically tailor a unique menu to meet your individual needs. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless with Terra Plata!
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Plata has a unique rooftop dining option which can be reserved for private events.
Check out our website for more details at www.terraplata.com.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Vrignaud 2063251501x
- Special Events: Every Monday is paella night at Terra Plata. Offering food, wine, inspired cocktails and music of Spain.
A word from Terra Plata
Terra Plata is Chef Tamara Murphy'sContinued
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terra Plata - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Terra Plata reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (155)great for outdoor dining (139)neighborhood gem (115)special occasion (68)good for groups (63)romantic (56)great for brunch (44)notable wine list (41)hot spot (37)scenic view (36)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- it was good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Went there for a Sunday brunch. The attendant was very nice. I like it's location and the ambience of the restaurant. Food was prepared well but portion size was a bit short for the price. Maybe a complimentary bread/toast with your brunch entree at the current price would have made it more reasonable. It's just hard to eat your grits, sardines or stew with no bread...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but oversolddempstaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wait service was fine but checking in was not so smooth. They were overbooked on the rooftop deck so we had to wait almost half an hour even with reservations. No bar where we might grab a drink and wait...Other than that, food is great as always, ambience on top is lovely, hard to beat.Special Features:
- Disastrous evening2eatornot2eatDined on 8/17/2014The res was for 7:45 PM on the rooftop. The host said people were finishing up. We waited by the door till about 8:15 and checked again & we're told they only had bar stools available on the roof so we said we'd have a drink at the bar and to let us know when the table was ready. By 8:30 I complained to the mgr and he promptly comped our drinks and bought us some apps which was very nice. But as time wore on it was clear the rooftop wasn't going to happen so we agreed to sit downstairs. You would think they would've told the waiter to be on top of it but the service was slow and the kitchen was even slower. No wonder they were backed up. We didn't get to eat dinner till just past 9:30 PM.
- Wonderful evening at Terra PlataHoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were seated on the roof deck for dinner - perfect ambience once the sun went behind the buildings. We definitely recommend the more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of the deck over the main restaurant downstairs where it is more of a scene. We shared a number of small and large plates between four people - the roasted grapes and foraged mushrooms were particularly delicious. We shared two desserts - the huckleberry cake was everyone's favorite. Our server was really delightful and attentive at all times and he recommended the perfect wines to pair with the assortment of dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- LovelynakedtonueVIPDined on 8/16/2014Treated myself to a solo brunch. Had the savory hash with house made sausage and a perfectly poached egg. Delightful flavors and very fresh herbs. A spicy Bloody Maria added to the experience. I wish the two-top tables weren't so close together, but I had a peaceful meal until the table next to be was seated.Special Features:
- Great flavors and Servicejmg98118VIPDined on 8/15/2014Has a limited menu, but 3 choices in the earth, land, and sea categories. We had the cheese platter for starters, and then the pork dinner, which was large enough to share. The pork was tender with great flavors, the clams that were in the broth were cooked just right and had absorbed the many flavors of the brothSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencecookiemonsterDined on 8/14/2014I was in charge of finding a place for 10 of my friends who were coming into town for a wedding. We sat on the roof top deck and everyone was very impressed with the great ambiance and food. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food, spot top notch, service so soDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014We've looked forward to visiting Terra Plata based on many recommendations from friends and press. The super roof top dining option and the great and varied selection of delicious food and drink definitely lived up to expectations. With six diners we had ample opportunity to try, share and enjoy a wide array of delicious dishes. The service, however, was really disappointing. Slow, missed a couple of the dishes which then came VERY late in the process after we asked (they had already cleared the table,) and very unavailable and inattentive. The back up wait staff filled in some of the gaps but overall the service was really lackluster. We will try again...maybe just an off night for the server or they were short staffed that evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner spot before showJK4265Dined on 8/10/2014We picked Terra Plata due to its proximity to the Paramount Theater (2 blocks). We sat on the roof top and it was fantastic. Great food, service and ambience. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V Good but priceyBluesBabyDined on 8/9/2014Hot spot in Capital Hill I'd say. We started with their home-made chips. Very crispy and the dip that came with it was just wonderful! As the main we had the chicken with couscous. It was very good as well. I had a cocktail but my friend only had water. We also shared dessert. All in all the food really was very good albeit a bit pricey. I would have loved if this could have become my regular gem but we shared everything, due more to the fact that we weren't really hungry not because the portions were large, the bill came to including tip just shy of $70. That's a little steep for me. But I will go back again.Special Features:
- Great food, so so service.SeattleyumDined on 8/9/2014I've been to dinner twice now. Fantastic food. Great ambiance with a nice local vibe. Unfortunately the service leaves room for improvement. We asked the guy who delivered our food if we could order a bottle of wine, he just said "No", and walked away. I then asked another wait staff to see the menu again, he walked away and never returned. I actually had to get up and go get it myself. If the service was as good as the food, it would be an amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all flawless. Roof-top deck is amazing in the summer.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014My husband's $35 halibut was overcooked. The waiter was inept. He knew nothing about the menu. I asked him for details on the preparation of the halibut and the salmon and he replied, "eat the salmon." Another guest was ordering from the end of the table and the waiter hollered, "I can't hear you" rather than walking to the other end of the table. Another pregnant guest asked for details on an ingredient in a dish as she needed to know if a cheese was an unpasteurized soft cheese that she needs to avoid while pregnant. The waiter said, "I don't know." She insisted that he go to the kitchen and find out which he did grudgingly.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014That is all - just a simply wonderful dinner with AMAZING FOOD!! We had a great time. Our server was attentive without being hovering and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattleFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Quality food with wonderful preparation. Bone marrow and sardines were exceptional. Highly reccomended for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 83FoodieDined on 8/6/2014Roof deck was lovely on a summer evening. Food was good but only roasted grapes were standout. chanterelle mushrooms, mixed greens and cheese plate were all pretty ordinary. Service was slow. Waited forever for simple dishes. Wait staff was pleasant. Overall a pleasant evening but mostly about the ambience.Special Features:
- Casual fine dinecuriousFoodieDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I took an out of town guest to this place, it was our first time too. Loved the place and ambience, staff was nice to move us to the terrace. Food is little pricy, but taste is guaranteed and menu is creative.Special Features:
- Midsummer Gem!SengaDined on 8/4/2014We just celebrated our 2 year Anniversary at Terra Plata and we will find any excuse to go back. The food is outstanding, generous, tasty, creative. The service was very genuine and attentive. We sat on the rooftop terrace, very urban with european flair where friends meet, share, laugh around great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Didn't hurry us even though it was late.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceSuper1DanDined on 7/31/2014Call ahead if you want to sit outside. We made a early reservation (5pm), arrived when the restaurant was nearly empty, but were told all of the outside tables were promised to other people..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSnoringBulldogDined on 7/30/2014Food is great and well served. I've been to Terra plata several times in the past year but the menu seemed to have changed only slightly.Special Features:
- JOJODined on 7/29/2014Delicious, unusual food choices, but the service was unorganized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Paramount SpotfcloudsDined on 7/29/2014We made reservations for dinner prior to seeing The Book of Mormon at the Paramount. I made a note about this in my reservation and the staff was great about accommodating our time schedule. Unfortunately, I was about 15 minutes late to the restaurant due to traffic which added a little extra stress to getting out on time. The service was ABSOLUTELY fantastic, except that it took them at least another 20 minutes to greet us/give water once we were seated. Our server was extremely friendly and super helpful in making sure that we received everything with enough time for us to get to the show. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Reservations not guaranteedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I made a reservation two weeks out and the restaurant called to confirm and offer us a seat on the rooftop terrace, which I gratefully accepted since I didn't realize this was an option. When we arrived for dinner the host was very rude and seemed put off that we wanted our original table out on the terrace. He said that he couldn't guarantee rooftop seating and tried to seat us downstairs. It was a hot night and the downstairs had no a/c and so we waited an extra 40 minutes past our reservation to finally get our table. When we got upstairs, there were several open tables! Service here is not worth the price you pay for the food.Special Features:
- Great choice before the TheatreladydinerDined on 7/23/2014This was a great place to grab dinner before seeing a show at the Paramount. Food was fresh, flavorful and gorgeously prepared. Weather wasn't cooperating, so we were not able to sit rooftop, but already looking forward to sipping cocktails rooftop in fairer weather. Some of the memorable bites/plates we had were the chickpeas, olives, salmon and halibut. Waiter was great about splitting the bill 6 ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemSfdcVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had the most delightful dinner, sitting at the bar, at Terra Plata. The dining room is contemporary and bright, yet warm and inviting. The service is perfect, and most important the food and wine are terrific. Starting with service: nothing better than a server who, when asked which entree he prefers, doesn't automatically pick the most expensive one! There's honesty. The wine list provides a great range of prices (and happened to have some of our most favorite wines) so that you don't have to spend $120 for a bottle! And the food was just delicious. The next time we are in Seattle, this is our 'go to' spot. LOVED it (and I'm picky).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/17/2014Trendy restaurants are just that. A local raved about this place but between waiting 20 minutes to not getting the requested table to overwhelmed staff, I would not recommend this place.
- DianaDined on 7/13/2014Easily one of the best places in Seattle. The service is fantastic, you feel attended to without harassed. The food is absolutely amazing. I've never had any complaints or issues with anything I've ordered. Tying everything together nicely is the restaurant itself. It's got such a fun shape, and they've managed to fit in a lot of seating without it feeling squished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on a rooftop gardenRayloDined on 7/13/2014Everything we had was delicious from the olives to the garbanzo beans to the halibut and my drink called the Rachel something was outstanding. I had to drink it because my name is also Rachel. Actually I had to drink too. The restaurant is very cool looking made materials and with a unique style. My only complaint was that are very nice weeder seemed overwhelmed and frequently took a while to get to us. He was lovely but we had to wait for food bill. Otherwise great experience and I would definitely go back. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningGettinoutDined on 7/13/2014We sat up on the roof and it was beautiful. It was fun and the service was excellent. The food was great. Will go back without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014Took a birthday boy here for dinner - they had customized menus made saying Happy Birthday Harold - SUCH a nice touch! Food was amazing - as always - we were on the rooftop - which is just lovely (unless it's really hot and then it's a bit tough until the sun goes behind the building next door) so keep that in mind! Highly recommend for 2 - 4 - 20 They can handle it - and they handle it well!Special Features:
- Paul MurphyIrishbonz52Dined on 7/10/2014This restaurant had a great menu and the food was very earthy and extremely well prepared. Our server Lauren was excellent and the host was very congenial. There is roof dining that we were unable to get because of high demand but don't forget to ask.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/10/2014The service and ambiance at Terra Plata are terrific but it was really expensive for just so, so food. I would say that it would be a fun place to get a cocktail but not a full dinner.
- Awaken your taste buds!vmh1Dined on 7/10/2014Locally sourced, fresh preparation, unique flavor pairings...even our out of town guest, who frequents the top LA restaurants, was impressed.Special Features:
- Sales foodieArloDined on 7/8/2014The meals were all very good with a little different spin on each. The upstairs patio spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor diningJanSpDined on 7/5/2014When we went to Terra Plata, we got a table outside on the rooftop deck. It started to sprinkle and we went downstairs. We thought the downstairs was a little boring and the waitress we had was a little dry. It stopped sprinkling and we decided to take our chance and go back upstairs. They were very gracious about us moving yet again. Anyway, we were very happy about that because the ambiance was completely different and Jonathon (our waiter) was amazing. We loved our food, too. I definitely will go back, but only in nice weather.Special Features:
- BeastmodeDined on 7/3/2014Got to sit in the rooftop garden, it is absolutely charming and romantic.Special Features:
- Too PreciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Found the experience overall to be very lovely outdoors with good friends though the food was overpriced with very small bites. We were a party of 8 and ordered at least 1 or more of everything and walked away hungry. I love the idea of farm to table but disappointed that the menu is meant to be shared yet the plates are less than plentiful. The tastes were good but not memorable.Special Features:
- Rooftop diningDrNoNoDined on 6/30/2014We had a great experience with a group of seven. The Monday night paella night was spectacular for a group. The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful splitting the bill. The day of my reservation the restaurant called and asked if you would like to sit outside because of beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Every bite perfectly cooked and seasoned. Location and charm are great. Going back to enjoy the rooftop next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.