1501 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terraplata.com/
- Phone: 2063251501x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday Paella Night 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tamara Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Terra Plata offers both on & off-site catering services for all types, sizes, and styles of events at the location of your choice. For each affair we specifically tailor a unique menu to meet your individual needs. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless with Terra Plata!
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Plata has a unique rooftop dining option which can be reserved for private events.
Check out our website for more details at www.terraplata.com.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Vrignaud 2063251501x
- Special Events: Every Monday is paella night at Terra Plata. Offering food, wine, inspired cocktails and music of Spain.
A word from Terra Plata
Terra Plata is Chef Tamara Murphy'sContinued
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
"Earth to Plate" concept. It is the result of her love for creative and delicious plates inspired by the seasons and made possible by our local growers & artisan producers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Terra Plata - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Terra Plata reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (168)great for outdoor dining (162)neighborhood gem (127)good for groups (74)special occasion (71)romantic (64)hot spot (55)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (42)scenic view (42)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (27)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- SuperbLocalLocoLawdyLuluDined on 9/19/2014Not pretentious, really fantastic food, great service, great energy. This will definitely be one of our top go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingNoFoodieDined on 9/14/2014I was looking forward to trying out Terra Plata, perhaps my expectations were too high Cheese plate was good though small. I asked what types of cheeses they were and that seem to confuse the server. The risotto was bland and undercooked. I told the server, he said "oh" and moved on. I got some salt and pepper from a different server. Salmon dish was only ok. All can be taken on stride when a good time is the goal except for poor service. Our server provided absolutely no help other than carrying our dishes to the table. I was appalled by his lack of concern or desire to help. I felt under appreciated as a paying customer.
- Lovely brunchveganfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I very much enjoyed my brunch experience. My only criticism is that the restaurant was not at all busy but our food did take some time to come out.Special Features:
- wonderful!happinessDined on 9/13/2014our first experience but can't wait to come again. very cool vibe, amazing rooftop deck with urban views, superior staff, yummy food with great presentations. can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJaneGoDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food. Outstanding service. Perfect experience. Ate outside on their upper patio overlooking their rooftop vegetable and herb garden.Special Features:
- DelightfulSpek4ChefDined on 9/12/2014Had a leisurely lunch for two here last week. Very interesting menu that works really well for sharing. Solid list of both domestic and international wines. We got the peppers, a salad, the seafood stew, the steak frites, and the maccaroons for dessert. Everything was delicious and appropriately portioned, and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!matthewDined on 9/11/2014Delicious and inventive food, great service, and a fantastic ambience. What more do you want?Special Features:
- Always a gemsavethexuxosDined on 9/6/2014Terra Plata never disappoints! A go to choice to take visitors, business colleagues, and friends. Great food and friendly staff! The potato chips are truffle heaven and while I don't order chicken when out, the dish unexpectedly was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveninglocaleaterDined on 9/5/2014Sat on the roof with friends, great atmosphere, fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotMamnoonFanDined on 9/5/2014This is a great lunch spot. It is so close to downtown, yet I have never had trouble getting a seat at lunch time. The service is a bit slow for lunch, so if you need to be in and out within an hour, this isn't your ideal destination. However, if you have between 75 to 90 minutes, this place is a gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Really tasty, but a bit pricey. The rooftop is a great location, but there are a lot of tables pretty close to each other. If you are looking for a semi-private romantic date, this is probably not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeKMcGDined on 8/31/2014We went to TP awhile ago for dinner and everything was outstanding. So naturally, we couldn't wait to take friends from out of town there for brunch. The food was good--better than the usual brunch fare--but the service was TERRIBLE. Everyone around us--even people who came in AFTER we had ordered--got their food before we did. It was such a disappointment. The other bummer was the seating for our party of 6. We were put at a really long table with long, heavy benches (vs. chairs) which made it difficult to accommodate people of different heights. It wouldn't have been such a bummer but there were several other open tables (that remained open for the duration of our meal) that could've easily (and comfortably) accommodated our party.Special Features:
- Trendy brunch but with great foodDemiDined on 8/31/2014Can I just say that you must buy a cinnamon roll and a biscuit for your table. This was suggested by our very friendly server and it was a great idea. The hardwood meet brick look of the place and the open kitchen makes you feel like you're brunching at a trendy loft. The kitchen seemed very amenable to substitution (related to food restrictions).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spontaneous outingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Made a reservation last minute and got the last one for the night. The place smelled wonderful which heightened the anticipation. I had the cod which was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. He had the steak which was served a little rare. Overall it was great! We look forward to coming back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLFurstDined on 8/28/2014terrific food and presentation, nice imaginative wine list, good staffSpecial Features:
- Wonderful foodBroodieFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Fantastic food with multilayered flavors. The churros with chocolate dipping sauce was delightful. Although the food was great, it was hard to completely enjoy because I felt like I was dinning in a loud sauna. I hoped the cocktails would cool me off but the small size didn't liberate my comfort.Special Features:
- TastyCRunDined on 8/25/2014Beyond the great paella marisco and delicious Roger's pilsner, my girlfriend and I had a great two hours on the rooftop enjoying her birthday. Thanks to our great waiter who took my inquiry and provided the flan on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!WadeyBoyDined on 8/24/2014First time here and it was great. Rooftop garden seating was very nice on a late summer evening. Friendly service, tasty appetizers and everyone in our party enjoyed their entree. Winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was good but...YMYKMTDined on 8/24/2014Went there for a Sunday brunch. The attendant was very nice. I like it's location and the ambience of the restaurant. Food was prepared well but portion size was a bit short for the price. Maybe a complimentary bread/toast with your brunch entree at the current price would have made it more reasonable. It's just hard to eat your grits, sardines or stew with no bread...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but oversolddempstaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wait service was fine but checking in was not so smooth. They were overbooked on the rooftop deck so we had to wait almost half an hour even with reservations. No bar where we might grab a drink and wait...Other than that, food is great as always, ambience on top is lovely, hard to beat.Special Features:
- Disastrous evening2eatornot2eatVIPDined on 8/17/2014The res was for 7:45 PM on the rooftop. The host said people were finishing up. We waited by the door till about 8:15 and checked again & we're told they only had bar stools available on the roof so we said we'd have a drink at the bar and to let us know when the table was ready. By 8:30 I complained to the mgr and he promptly comped our drinks and bought us some apps which was very nice. But as time wore on it was clear the rooftop wasn't going to happen so we agreed to sit downstairs. You would think they would've told the waiter to be on top of it but the service was slow and the kitchen was even slower. No wonder they were backed up. We didn't get to eat dinner till just past 9:30 PM.
- Good for a group dinner outchrismm1978VIPDined on 8/16/2014I wouldn't recommend for a date night out, but with a group of friends Terra Plata is perfect. We waited an hour for our reserved time, which was disappointing, but they did send us a few appetizers on the house, as we were sitting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening at Terra PlataHoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were seated on the roof deck for dinner - perfect ambience once the sun went behind the buildings. We definitely recommend the more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of the deck over the main restaurant downstairs where it is more of a scene. We shared a number of small and large plates between four people - the roasted grapes and foraged mushrooms were particularly delicious. We shared two desserts - the huckleberry cake was everyone's favorite. Our server was really delightful and attentive at all times and he recommended the perfect wines to pair with the assortment of dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- LovelynakedtonueVIPDined on 8/16/2014Treated myself to a solo brunch. Had the savory hash with house made sausage and a perfectly poached egg. Delightful flavors and very fresh herbs. A spicy Bloody Maria added to the experience. I wish the two-top tables weren't so close together, but I had a peaceful meal until the table next to be was seated.Special Features:
- Great flavors and Servicejmg98118VIPDined on 8/15/2014Has a limited menu, but 3 choices in the earth, land, and sea categories. We had the cheese platter for starters, and then the pork dinner, which was large enough to share. The pork was tender with great flavors, the clams that were in the broth were cooked just right and had absorbed the many flavors of the brothSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencecookiemonsterDined on 8/14/2014I was in charge of finding a place for 10 of my friends who were coming into town for a wedding. We sat on the roof top deck and everyone was very impressed with the great ambiance and food. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food, spot top notch, service so soDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014We've looked forward to visiting Terra Plata based on many recommendations from friends and press. The super roof top dining option and the great and varied selection of delicious food and drink definitely lived up to expectations. With six diners we had ample opportunity to try, share and enjoy a wide array of delicious dishes. The service, however, was really disappointing. Slow, missed a couple of the dishes which then came VERY late in the process after we asked (they had already cleared the table,) and very unavailable and inattentive. The back up wait staff filled in some of the gaps but overall the service was really lackluster. We will try again...maybe just an off night for the server or they were short staffed that evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner spot before showJK4265Dined on 8/10/2014We picked Terra Plata due to its proximity to the Paramount Theater (2 blocks). We sat on the roof top and it was fantastic. Great food, service and ambience. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V Good but priceyBluesBabyDined on 8/9/2014Hot spot in Capital Hill I'd say. We started with their home-made chips. Very crispy and the dip that came with it was just wonderful! As the main we had the chicken with couscous. It was very good as well. I had a cocktail but my friend only had water. We also shared dessert. All in all the food really was very good albeit a bit pricey. I would have loved if this could have become my regular gem but we shared everything, due more to the fact that we weren't really hungry not because the portions were large, the bill came to including tip just shy of $70. That's a little steep for me. But I will go back again.Special Features:
- Great food, so so service.SeattleyumDined on 8/9/2014I've been to dinner twice now. Fantastic food. Great ambiance with a nice local vibe. Unfortunately the service leaves room for improvement. We asked the guy who delivered our food if we could order a bottle of wine, he just said "No", and walked away. I then asked another wait staff to see the menu again, he walked away and never returned. I actually had to get up and go get it myself. If the service was as good as the food, it would be an amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all flawless. Roof-top deck is amazing in the summer.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014My husband's $35 halibut was overcooked. The waiter was inept. He knew nothing about the menu. I asked him for details on the preparation of the halibut and the salmon and he replied, "eat the salmon." Another guest was ordering from the end of the table and the waiter hollered, "I can't hear you" rather than walking to the other end of the table. Another pregnant guest asked for details on an ingredient in a dish as she needed to know if a cheese was an unpasteurized soft cheese that she needs to avoid while pregnant. The waiter said, "I don't know." She insisted that he go to the kitchen and find out which he did grudgingly.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014That is all - just a simply wonderful dinner with AMAZING FOOD!! We had a great time. Our server was attentive without being hovering and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattleFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Quality food with wonderful preparation. Bone marrow and sardines were exceptional. Highly reccomended for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 83FoodieDined on 8/6/2014Roof deck was lovely on a summer evening. Food was good but only roasted grapes were standout. chanterelle mushrooms, mixed greens and cheese plate were all pretty ordinary. Service was slow. Waited forever for simple dishes. Wait staff was pleasant. Overall a pleasant evening but mostly about the ambience.Special Features:
- Casual fine dinecuriousFoodieDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I took an out of town guest to this place, it was our first time too. Loved the place and ambience, staff was nice to move us to the terrace. Food is little pricy, but taste is guaranteed and menu is creative.Special Features:
- Midsummer Gem!SengaDined on 8/4/2014We just celebrated our 2 year Anniversary at Terra Plata and we will find any excuse to go back. The food is outstanding, generous, tasty, creative. The service was very genuine and attentive. We sat on the rooftop terrace, very urban with european flair where friends meet, share, laugh around great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Didn't hurry us even though it was late.Special Features:
- Pretty disappointingAmrmooseDined on 7/31/2014Terra Plata was highly recommended to us from friends who live in the area. We booked on open table and arrived for our reservation. We were put at the bar because our table in the upstairs garden was not ready. We waited for over an hour before finally deciding to just eat at the bar which was very disappointing. The food was small and decent, but definitely did not match the prices. This is one restaurant we wouldn't recommend or return to.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceSuper1DanDined on 7/31/2014Call ahead if you want to sit outside. We made a early reservation (5pm), arrived when the restaurant was nearly empty, but were told all of the outside tables were promised to other people..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.