590 Delsea Drive
Sewell, NJ 08080Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terranovawineanddine.com/
- Phone: (856) 589-8883
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Nova offers three areas of the restaurant for private party accommodations. We have a full private banquet facility for seating of 130 guests, a smaller room for 15-60 guests & a private area that can accommodate 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Manager 8565898883
- Entertainment: Acoustic duo - Friday nights from 7:00pm to 12:00am (contemporary)
A word from Terra Nova
We are excited to bring you Terra Nova, Restaurant/Crudo/Wine Bar. A new, casual yet sophisticated restaurant conveniently located in the heart of South Jersey, featuring Contemporary American cuisine with a Napa Valley influence. Our chef’s creative cuisine with a New World style offers guests an exciting & diverse dining experience. The introduction of a sushi & raw bar takes the menu’s modern flair to new heights. Our adventurous wine list presents over 200 wines by the bottle with 50 available by the glass or our unique wine flights. Just as distinctive as the cuisine, the décor at Terra Nova is characterized by its clean design and Northern California architectural elements that are elegant yet warm. Please continue to visit our website for updates and postings. We hope you join us for lunch, dinner or a drink at our bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Terra Nova - Best Restaurants in Sewell ›
Terra Nova reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)special occasion (23)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (18)romantic (18)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Open Table request was ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014I put in my request "Quiet table location, please." The greeter led us to a table right near the kitchen/waitress pickup area. Duh. It was as if the requests that one puts on Open Table weren't even read.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice family dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014My whole family went to dinner to celebrate a birthday. There were seven of us altogether. The food was pretty good. The one child's meal we purchased was great...one of the best child's meals we have ever gotten anywhere...shish kebabs with rice. The service could have been a little better. Waitress seemed distracted and was a little impatient with my older kids when they weren't fast enough in selecting a beverage so, she just said she would be back to get their order later. I ordered a glass of wine and she gave it to my husband at the other end of the table. Overall, it was a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Fireplace didn't work and area was near 2 doors and very chillySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014We return to this restaurant time and time because it is consistently good. We love the food, service, and people!!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was great - Wine & Cocktails decently priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Me and my fiance both loved it! Although it was a bit noisy for my liking, the service, food and atomosphere all made up for it. Will go back in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We love the Tera nova...great atmosphere for happy hour, drinks, dinner, or any occasion....it's one of our favorites!!!! Service is awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonSDined on 9/26/2014Regular customers, and have always enjoyed the restaurant. Keep up the good work...Be back in a couple weeks!!!!Special Features:
- Great food!handracchioDined on 9/19/2014This was my first dinner here and the food was fantastic. I had the braised short ribs and my wife had the crab cakes. The short ribs literally fell apart on the plate and were intensely flavored. The risotto that came with the meal was the best risotto I've had. My wife said the crab cakes were the second best she's ever had. It was crowed when we arrived but we were promptly seated. Even with the crowd, our meal was served quickly and we were out in less than an hour. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Visited the restaurant on a Tuesday night not crowded service was slow ordered the blackened ribeye cooked medium was brought to the table well done. Cut was tough and dried out. I have had much better steaks for far less money at the large chain restaurants.
- BA4RBDined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Wednesday. The food was great, and the service was wonderful! Our waitress was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidMCDadDined on 8/9/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Terra Nova. The caprese flatbread was excellent. The main dishes (chicken Terra nova for me and a salad for the wife) were good, but the flatbread was the standout. Overall, nice local spot. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatDianeDined on 8/5/2014This is a fish restaurant with an Italian flare. Very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Blue cheese crusted filet mignon was FABULOUS! Everyone was quite pleased. Your house dressing for salad is excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinnerJenniferVIPDined on 8/3/2014I was disappointed that the menu online was outdated and they no longer had what I wanted to get when we got there. I then had to send back the steak I ordered because it was rare and not the medium well I ordered. However, it returned perfect. The chocolate cake was heavier than I like. My husband's pes atone was FILLED with seafood and way too much for him to eat. It made a great lunch for me the next day.Special Features:
- Medium experienceGarKDined on 8/2/2014Only thing not acceptable was the service. Our waiter was certainly not Mr. Personality. Food was good and table was fine. Recommend for casual night out but not anything special.
- not a good experienceJoA65Dined on 8/2/2014food was not good and servers not friendly. I've eaten there before and it was better but something has definitely changed. Maybe just an off night but when pasta is so tough you have to cut it with a knife, that is not a good sign.
- The following 557 reviews are from the Terra Nova reviews archive.
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed a lunch and a wine tasting. I guess if I had one negative comment to make, the hostess didn't know they had wine tastings even though it is a wine bar and it is in the menu. I'm splitting hairs, but had we not checked the internet we would have not stayed once she said it was not offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Been to Terra Nova on a number of occassions. The food is consistenly good. Great neighborhood restaurent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We will go back! Wine selections very good. Comfortable seating even if you have a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nodishes2niteDined on 6/15/2014Our Father's Day celebration at the restaurant was a success. There was seven of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Our server was attentive and friendly. We were there for about two & half hours and did not feel rushed at all. My husband and I had dined there before and this time our adult children liked the restaurant so much they talking about returning soon.Special Features:
- favoriteNurselindaDined on 6/15/2014Food is always consistently good. Drinks are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!ZitiDined on 6/14/2014We sat outside on a beautiful night and had a great time. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- good night out.AlanBDined on 6/13/2014A very nice place to take your wife for a special dinner. Overall, you will enjoy the experience. Did I mention, the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantntrunkDined on 6/6/2014The food is good, not excellent. There are not many places locally that have a full bar and many food choices so we go here for certain occasions, not necessarily the food. The service this time was poor though. Our waiter must have been new. Rushed to take our order and then forgot one of our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JWNJDined on 5/17/2014Everything was cooked perfectly, we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- A South-Jersey Gem!CuisineQueen1Dined on 5/17/2014If you're looking for a place to dine in South Jersey that offers excellent food, great service, and a pleasant atmosphere, Terra Nova is a wonderful choice. Offering an outstanding selection of wines, food to tempt even the most particular palate, and ambiance that speaks of Tuscany, it is difficult to imagine anyone leaving this establishment feeling disappointed. The appetizers are numerous, with both classic and more unusual offerings. Entrees come with delicious artisan bread and a house salad. The menu is large and varied, offering chicken, beef, veal, fish and pasta dishes cooked to perfection and presented aesthetically. The desserts are sumptuous and of generous proportions. If you love Italian cuisine,you'll love Terra Nova!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Gathering/Great PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I WOULD GO AGAIN ESPECIALLY FOR THE GRILLED SCALLOPS AND SALAD DISH/GREAT DRESSING eXCELLENT SELECTION OF WINES friendly WAITRESS AND VERY HELPFUL WITH MENUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service and hair in foodrosieVIPDined on 5/15/2014After being seated, it took the waitress 20 mins. to acknowledge us. Once she took our non alcoholic drink order, it took another 20 mins to get the drinks. When our orders finally arrived, my daughter found a hair in her salad. My husband quietly spoke to the manager, he abruptly told my husband he'll take care of it. No apology nothing..never came to the table...extremely disappointing
- mothers dayAlfaDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great I would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go again and again...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This was my first time going here. I had passed it many times. The place is just beautiful. We ordered appetizers which were delicious. Everything is so fresh. The dinners were delicious. My family and I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Over Priced and NO Brunch MenufoodfoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, but a bit pricey. There is no brunch menu. There is not a lunch menu either unless you just want a salad. Dinner menu is great and the sushi is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we expectedalwaysdevineDined on 5/10/2014My house salad was delicious, wine also. That's the best we can say. Cold bread brought to table, don't like that. Veal medallions were NOT medallions and smothered in too much pasta, way more pasta than needed, makes plate look fuller I suppose, because not much veal on there. Braised short ribs were delicious, but once again, not much of them, rest of plate covered in rice risotto, too much rice, not enough beef. Filet migon was fine, but smothered in some fancy sounding 'reduction' that I could have done without. A good piece of beef doesn't need to be smothered in sauce. Rosemary potatoes that came with it boring, would have preferred tiny little whole baby redskins with butter/parsley. Only 3 stalks of asparagus-could use moreSpecial Features:
- Still a DinerBD231VIPDined on 5/10/2014They tried to dress Terra Nova up as a restaurant with fancy wallpaper and prices too match. Unfortunately, their service and size of the booths does a disservice to diners. Our waitress cleared the plates so fast I thought I was at Micky D's. The booths are so close together that if the party behind you pushes back it is felt in the kidneys.
- Mrmmassey111Dined on 5/9/2014we dine out every Friday and one day during the week and we go to Terra Nova several times a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulGabbyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Have never had a bad meal or poor service. Always wonderful. I find the martinis very unusual and quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Food and ServiceChampDined on 4/11/2014This is a regular for us. Fair price, good food, great wine selection, and great service. The management shift in the past year or so is a noticeable improvement and this place will continue to be a go-to for us for any occasion.Special Features:
- Social GatheringDee777Dined on 4/3/2014There was a group of five people on Thursday night. We all had not seen each other for several months. We had a very nice waitress she did not rush us and did let us talk. She always made sure we had a refill drink at our side, always asking first. The waitress was polite and friendly. The food was good. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- A Little Taste of Wine CountryOpus1VIPDined on 4/2/2014I have only been here a few times for lunch but have been pleased every visit. Great spot for a group or like myself to meet with my counterparts to discuss business over lunch. There is something on the menu for everyone and the portions are fantastic. The food is fresh and the servers seem very knowledgable to offers suggestion from the many choices. The ambiance really gives you the feel of Napa with the art work and decor of wine country. Look forward to more lunch appointments and having dinner there real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014A very nice place for dinner. We had a large group and were placed in the "wine room" which was very intimate and quiet in the back of the restaurant. Food was good however I was disappointed that this Italian restaurant didn't have veal parm on a Saturday night (and we were there early). Also, no cheeseburgers (on the kids menu) requiring two in our party to pick another entree. Service was a little slow but not unbearable. The lobster bisque is outstanding. I had the blackened chilean sea bass special for dinner and it was out-of-this-world delicious. We'll definitely re-visit this place.Special Features: