590 Delsea Drive
Sewell, NJ 08080Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terranovawineanddine.com/
- Phone: 8565898883
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Terra Nova offers three areas of the restaurant for private party accommodations. We have a full private banquet facility for seating of 130 guests, a smaller room for 15-60 guests & a private area that can accommodate 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Manager 8565898883
- Entertainment: Acoustic duo - Friday nights from 7:00pm to 12:00am (contemporary)
A word from Terra Nova
We are excited to bring you Terra Nova, Restaurant/Crudo/Wine Bar. A new, casual yet sophisticated restaurant conveniently located in the heart of South Jersey, featuring Contemporary American cuisine with a Napa Valley influence. Our chef’s creative cuisine with a New World style offers guests an exciting & diverse dining experience. The introduction of a sushi & raw bar takes the menu’s modern flair to new heights. Our adventurous wine list presents over 200 wines by the bottle with 50 available by the glass or our unique wine flights. Just as distinctive as the cuisine, the décor at Terra Nova is characterized by its clean design and Northern California architectural elements that are elegant yet warm. Please continue to visit our website for updates and postings. We hope you join us for lunch, dinner or a drink at our bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Terra Nova - Best Restaurants in Sewell ›
Terra Nova reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (22)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (18)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- BA4RBDined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Wednesday. The food was great, and the service was wonderful! Our waitress was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidMCDadDined on 8/9/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Terra Nova. The caprese flatbread was excellent. The main dishes (chicken Terra nova for me and a salad for the wife) were good, but the flatbread was the standout. Overall, nice local spot. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatDianeDined on 8/5/2014This is a fish restaurant with an Italian flare. Very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Blue cheese crusted filet mignon was FABULOUS! Everyone was quite pleased. Your house dressing for salad is excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinnerJenniferVIPDined on 8/3/2014I was disappointed that the menu online was outdated and they no longer had what I wanted to get when we got there. I then had to send back the steak I ordered because it was rare and not the medium well I ordered. However, it returned perfect. The chocolate cake was heavier than I like. My husband's pes atone was FILLED with seafood and way too much for him to eat. It made a great lunch for me the next day.Special Features:
- Medium experienceGarKDined on 8/2/2014Only thing not acceptable was the service. Our waiter was certainly not Mr. Personality. Food was good and table was fine. Recommend for casual night out but not anything special.
- not a good experienceJoA65Dined on 8/2/2014food was not good and servers not friendly. I've eaten there before and it was better but something has definitely changed. Maybe just an off night but when pasta is so tough you have to cut it with a knife, that is not a good sign.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Been to Terra Nova on a number of occassions. The food is consistenly good. Great neighborhood restaurent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We will go back! Wine selections very good. Comfortable seating even if you have a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nodishes2niteDined on 6/15/2014Our Father's Day celebration at the restaurant was a success. There was seven of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Our server was attentive and friendly. We were there for about two & half hours and did not feel rushed at all. My husband and I had dined there before and this time our adult children liked the restaurant so much they talking about returning soon.Special Features:
- favoriteNurselindaDined on 6/15/2014Food is always consistently good. Drinks are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!ZitiDined on 6/14/2014We sat outside on a beautiful night and had a great time. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- good night out.AlanBDined on 6/13/2014A very nice place to take your wife for a special dinner. Overall, you will enjoy the experience. Did I mention, the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantntrunkDined on 6/6/2014The food is good, not excellent. There are not many places locally that have a full bar and many food choices so we go here for certain occasions, not necessarily the food. The service this time was poor though. Our waiter must have been new. Rushed to take our order and then forgot one of our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JWNJDined on 5/17/2014Everything was cooked perfectly, we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- A South-Jersey Gem!CuisineQueen1Dined on 5/17/2014If you're looking for a place to dine in South Jersey that offers excellent food, great service, and a pleasant atmosphere, Terra Nova is a wonderful choice. Offering an outstanding selection of wines, food to tempt even the most particular palate, and ambiance that speaks of Tuscany, it is difficult to imagine anyone leaving this establishment feeling disappointed. The appetizers are numerous, with both classic and more unusual offerings. Entrees come with delicious artisan bread and a house salad. The menu is large and varied, offering chicken, beef, veal, fish and pasta dishes cooked to perfection and presented aesthetically. The desserts are sumptuous and of generous proportions. If you love Italian cuisine,you'll love Terra Nova!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Gathering/Great PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I WOULD GO AGAIN ESPECIALLY FOR THE GRILLED SCALLOPS AND SALAD DISH/GREAT DRESSING eXCELLENT SELECTION OF WINES friendly WAITRESS AND VERY HELPFUL WITH MENUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service and hair in foodrosieVIPDined on 5/15/2014After being seated, it took the waitress 20 mins. to acknowledge us. Once she took our non alcoholic drink order, it took another 20 mins to get the drinks. When our orders finally arrived, my daughter found a hair in her salad. My husband quietly spoke to the manager, he abruptly told my husband he'll take care of it. No apology nothing..never came to the table...extremely disappointing
- mothers dayAlfaDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great I would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go again and again...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This was my first time going here. I had passed it many times. The place is just beautiful. We ordered appetizers which were delicious. Everything is so fresh. The dinners were delicious. My family and I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Over Priced and NO Brunch MenufoodfoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, but a bit pricey. There is no brunch menu. There is not a lunch menu either unless you just want a salad. Dinner menu is great and the sushi is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we expectedalwaysdevineDined on 5/10/2014My house salad was delicious, wine also. That's the best we can say. Cold bread brought to table, don't like that. Veal medallions were NOT medallions and smothered in too much pasta, way more pasta than needed, makes plate look fuller I suppose, because not much veal on there. Braised short ribs were delicious, but once again, not much of them, rest of plate covered in rice risotto, too much rice, not enough beef. Filet migon was fine, but smothered in some fancy sounding 'reduction' that I could have done without. A good piece of beef doesn't need to be smothered in sauce. Rosemary potatoes that came with it boring, would have preferred tiny little whole baby redskins with butter/parsley. Only 3 stalks of asparagus-could use moreSpecial Features:
- Still a DinerBD231VIPDined on 5/10/2014They tried to dress Terra Nova up as a restaurant with fancy wallpaper and prices too match. Unfortunately, their service and size of the booths does a disservice to diners. Our waitress cleared the plates so fast I thought I was at Micky D's. The booths are so close together that if the party behind you pushes back it is felt in the kidneys.
- Mrmmassey111Dined on 5/9/2014we dine out every Friday and one day during the week and we go to Terra Nova several times a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulGabbyDined on 5/9/2014Have never had a bad meal or poor service. Always wonderful. I find the martinis very unusual and quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 536 reviews are from the Terra Nova reviews archive.
- Social GatheringDee777Dined on 4/3/2014There was a group of five people on Thursday night. We all had not seen each other for several months. We had a very nice waitress she did not rush us and did let us talk. She always made sure we had a refill drink at our side, always asking first. The waitress was polite and friendly. The food was good. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- A Little Taste of Wine CountryOpus1VIPDined on 4/2/2014I have only been here a few times for lunch but have been pleased every visit. Great spot for a group or like myself to meet with my counterparts to discuss business over lunch. There is something on the menu for everyone and the portions are fantastic. The food is fresh and the servers seem very knowledgable to offers suggestion from the many choices. The ambiance really gives you the feel of Napa with the art work and decor of wine country. Look forward to more lunch appointments and having dinner there real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014A very nice place for dinner. We had a large group and were placed in the "wine room" which was very intimate and quiet in the back of the restaurant. Food was good however I was disappointed that this Italian restaurant didn't have veal parm on a Saturday night (and we were there early). Also, no cheeseburgers (on the kids menu) requiring two in our party to pick another entree. Service was a little slow but not unbearable. The lobster bisque is outstanding. I had the blackened chilean sea bass special for dinner and it was out-of-this-world delicious. We'll definitely re-visit this place.Special Features:
- Very nice placeAngelVIPDined on 3/26/2014My husband and I were in the area, and picked this from Open Table. Very pleasantly surprised. Everything was really delicious and we would recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoite placesirish1946Dined on 3/22/2014A greate place to chill with your honey and enjoy your eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and serviceCrystalDined on 3/21/2014Food was delicious and service was great. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money and timePhilRDined on 3/1/2014We had been to Terra Nova before and had a really good meal and service (it was also playoff finals so it was quite empty). This time it was packed and we waited 20 minutes WITH a reservation. The server was ok-but would swoop by before we had a chance to respond. It was like a flyover. The food arrived for the 4 year old & was RIDICULOUSLY large-like for two adults large. My dinner arrived and was spartan-one shrimp, one scallop the 'sauce' was the lobster bisque (SOUP?!) My partner's meal was also adequate but meager (I'm on weight watchers and this was a really crappy 'cheat meal'. Save your $40+ per person and go to Club Diner or order from Papa Luigi's (these both have better food than Terra Nova)
- Would not return to this restaurantDevinVIPDined on 3/1/2014Would not return to this restaurant. Went because we received a gift card. I had onion soup for an appetizer and my wife had tempura shrimp.Shrimp were mushy. Onion soup was watery and a very thin layer of cheese. In between our side salads and entrees was a 50 minute wait. When our entrees came, filet was overcooked. I asked for medium and got medium well. My wife got a pork chop that was overcooked. Our waiter who seemed to have too many tables. It took another another 10 minutes for us to wait from our table being cleared for dessert menus. The dessert was best part of the meal. After dessert it took another 15 minutes to get the bill.
- Very enjoyable eveningDrGrapesVIPDined on 2/25/2014I dined here with several business colleagues and was very pleasantly surprised. The quality of all of our entrees was excellent, from the Jumbalaya to the Swordfish to the Filet -- quite impressed that so many styles were handled with equal precision. It is clear that someone in the kitchen appreciates providing quality food and reasonable prices. The wine list was reasonably priced and provided a nice combination of selections both by the glass and bottle. The bar actually looked like a cool place to hang out but this wasn't one of those nights. I would definitely return and recommend to others looking for a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Moms BirthdayAndyDined on 2/17/2014I took my mom here for her birthday and we had a wonderful time. The menu has so many great choices. The small plate of crab cakes was delicous as well as my Short rib ragu and mom's Cucumber Lime swordfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed surf and turf,TerryDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed surf and turf, both were done perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Took my girlfriend here for valentines day and she loved it. From the bread to dessert was excellent and portion size was large. Definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went with my two girlfriendsyumyuminthetumDined on 2/14/2014I went with my two girlfriends for Valentine's Day. The waitress was super nice and recommended delicious appetizers (tomato & mozzarella stack and the bang bang tempura shrimp.) Their alcoholic beverages were to die for, both regular and dessert. I have been there multiple times for lunch, but never for dinner so I was glad that it lived up to par for both meals. I highly recommend trying this restaurant out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBurton5707Dined on 2/14/2014Made reservations for valentines day and we were sat in a large open banquet room. The service was fair and for the price the food was less than fair. The hostesses did not make eye contact or greet us when we walked into the restaurant.
- let downbaconlover1517Dined on 2/14/2014I made reservations for Valentine's day 2-3 weeks in advance. Upon arriving at the restaurant at our reservation time, we were sat in a 'make-shift' ballroom area. The atmosphere was awful. It was set off from the rest of the restaurant, like they ran out of tables, and quickly set up a few more. I felt like we were being punished for making the reservation through Open Table. If I was a 'walk-in' on that evening, I would have expected to be sat in such an area. But considering I made reservations weeks early, and was really looking forward to the evening, it was quite a let down. I was embarrassed I had selected this restaurant.