4040 East Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terramialivermore.com/
- Phone: 9254563333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm: Sat & Sun LUNCH closed(available for private parties).
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant capacity is 250 people. Main dining room seats 120 guests. Barolo banquet room seats 60. Chianti room seats 50.
- Private Party Contact: Francesco 9254563333
A word from Terra Mia
At Terra Mia Restaurant ("my land" in Italian) we carefully prepare our dishes using only the freshest ingredients. Our food is made from scratch, like the trattorias and ristorantes in the South of Italy. We make all efforts to purchase organic and locally grown produce and meats, to preserve the flavor and quality of our dishes. We strongly support the SLOW FOOD movement organization, which began in Italy in 1986. The nature of this group is to protect cultural identities linked to food and traditions. Also, for our customers to "slow down" and learn to enjoy meals while spending quality time with family and loved ones. We are located in the Chardonnay Shopping Center near downtown Livermore and popular wineries. Owned and operated by first generation Italians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terra Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (34)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (22)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terra Mia Tucked AwaySidWDined on 8/15/2014In a little strip mall sits this lovely restaurant. Had a great dinner sitting outside on the patio. (I'm glad we were able to sit outside because it was MUCH quieter outside than inside the restaurant. Keep that in mind.) Great service from our waiter but I can't remember his name. The food was excellent and the four of us in our party would like to return again. Once again TripAdvisor came through for me. I chose Terra Mia because of its high ranking on its site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BeanDined on 8/13/2014It is a little loud esp. when busy but well worth it. We have never been disappointed and we have been going here for years.Special Features:
- Always Great tastesDaveDined on 8/9/2014The quality of the food and the service are always great. This visit I brought my own wine and was a bit surprised that the corkage was doubled for a Magnum, There were still only one cork and 4 glasses. although they will waive one fee if you buy a bottle we had a very special Magnum and another bottle would probably be too much to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service Not GoodatlcalDined on 8/9/2014Noisy place. A bit difficult to carry on a conversation but not a big hindrance. The food is very good and usually in generous quantities. The real issue on this visit was the service. I can only assume they were understaffed. Our waiter took over 10 minutes to greet us. We then had to flag him down to take our order. When the food arrived, he had no idea who had what entree. At a diner I expect to have to tell who had what entree but not at a place like this. Had to ask to see the dessert menu and had to flag him down to get refills. In one case, he refilled the drink with the wrong item. And we had to flag him down to get the bill. Just took what could have been a nice experience based on the food and ruined it.
- What happened?BlondiejDined on 8/7/2014Terra Mia used to be a hidden gem for wonderful, fresh, tasty Italian food. It has always been noisy but that was overlooked with the great food. Eaten here many times and never been disappointed. I took a friend last night and was sorely disappointed. Tasteless, soggy salad. Overcooked, bland fish special for me and my friend ordered the Petrale sole which was so salty it was rendered inedible. A big, sloppy, inedible mess. Our waitress was sweet but not attentive. Even the wine tasted horrible. I MAY give Terra Mia another chance as I've had so many good meals there previously. Maybe they are under new management? Very disappointed. I used to recommend Terra Mia to everyone. Now, I would not be able to do so.
- okChattieDined on 8/3/2014Wine list quite expensive for a neighborhood. Help not to helpful, food was ok but not real, real, good. I probably would go back because it is conveinent to the neighborhood, and I don't like to cook.Special Features:
- very good food - waitress ngJoprixDined on 8/1/2014Our meal was very good as always. However, our waitress was wanting to be some place else. We had to ask for bread and water after a long wait at the table. She did not know what they had for Specials that night. Others had to bring our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tera Mia amoremeal1guyDined on 7/18/2014Terra Mia is a great restaurant that is near the wineries, and has a great neighborhood feel. The restaurant sticks with the Italian fare and execute well. The menu is varied and reasonably priced. It is away from the downtown, but is worth the drive.Special Features:
- GrandpacakeDined on 7/17/2014We were served a fantastic meal with great portion size.Special Features:
- GoodsceneDined on 7/13/2014Chicken portabella dish i ordered, found the chicken hard and not juicy, the gravy had some extra salt In it, the other 2 dishes we ordered were good.Special Features:
- Real Italian DiningMissingRomaDined on 7/12/2014Come here for an authentic Italian dining experience. This is the best Italian food in Livermore with dishes you won't find elsewhere. Good list of local wines. Reasonable prices. Fun bar. Not the place for a quick meal, but that is not the intent of Italian dining. We need an authentic Italian deli in town for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyLove2eatDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit to Terra Mia & although most of the food was good, the noise level made conversing even with the person sitting next to you nearly impossible.A large party came in a little after us, sat clear on the other side of the room & managed to complete the misery. It doesn't help that the restaurant is all tile and stone either. The pizza, pasta with salmon and sea bass special were all very good.The pork was overdone and very salty, I would NEVER order it again. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly waitress, but as the evening wore on we saw less and less of her.We had to ask someone to find her so we could order dessert!The wines by the glass were extremely overpriced, tho cocktails were a bargain.Go figureSpecial Features:
- Always good food and staffbhiggy14Dined on 7/11/2014They always seem to have good food and very attentive staff members. I have never been disappointed when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrew HortonTransporterDined on 7/3/2014Me and my Mrs. eat at this place quite allot. The food, service, etc.., is VERY good. I HIGHLY recommend the salmon. Little pricy, but GREAT authentic Italian restaurant. The location is ultimate. Try it I think that everyone who eats here will be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with good companySugarBearDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant is an easy walk from our house and qualifies easily as a neighborhood find. The food is very good. We both liked everything we had (salad, entree, dessert, wine) and it was served with a smile. The tables are pretty closely packed and the place is popular, so on a busy night, it can get pretty noisy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousPenguinLuverVIPDined on 6/28/2014Difficult to carry on conversations due to the noise level, but the food is so good you just want to eat. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian EateryTracySVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went here on a weekend night and had an additional person to our original reservation, but they accommodated us with no problem. Our server was very attentive, and made sure we had everything we needed. Nice atmosphere inside, so don't let the strip mall location put you off. Appetizers included calamari, anti pasti, and my favorite, the bruschetta. Entrees ranged from pizza to salmon to shrimp and everyone was pleased with their meals. I had the pesto gnocchi which was quite delicious. We topped of dinner with desserts of Italian gelato, tiramisu and bignes, all of which were yummy. They also have a very reasonable kids menu, and a nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningDine4usDined on 6/26/2014We ate outdoors. Noise was not a problem except when one very noisy vehicle drove by. The service was perfect and the food delicious. I highly recommend Terra Mia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Good food, superb service, charming environment, though I'm not used to the Livermore heat and at lunchtime it was a little warm for me. Should not be a problem for dinner.Special Features:
- LeftoversAnonym0usDined on 6/15/2014Asked server to box up whatever was left on my plate. We ordered dessert shortly after & I had still not recieved my leftovers. The server had forgot even as she was bringing our check. Needless to say, I was furiated that she had thrown them away. I had over half of my entree left, hoping to bring it to work with me the next day for lunch. $16 for a damn pasta down the toilet, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but not outstandingBoopDined on 6/14/2014Noisy restaurant unless you can get a table in the back. Service was okay but our waiter didn't take the time to explain the specials. I love Bruschetta but found it to be bland here. Just tomatoes on toast. Needed more basil and olive oil. Sea Bass special was very tasty yet the portion was very small.Special Features:
- always deliciousdsptDined on 6/14/2014I've never had a bad or mediocre dish at Terra Mia, which is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where are the people?LivermorefoodieDined on 6/9/2014We had a delicious dinner of pasta w/ eggplant, and the pesto linguine. The service was attentive, and though the space is larger, the atmosphere is intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Terra Mia claims to be run be real Italians from the south of Italy. That for sure has to be a lie.Terra Mia managed to serve us the worst Italian food we have ever had. None of the four dishes we had were decent. In fact they were poorly made and the flavors were all wrong. Our two main pasta entrees even came with the same tomato sauce even though they were supposed to be different. Cannot recommend this place to anyone.
- Nice local restaurantOneToThreeDined on 5/17/2014I wanted a quiet and quaint restaurant for my anniversary dinner with my husband.I looked at availability on Open Table and the menu looked lovely. Overall, the meal was good. My lower star rating is mostly for the appetizer we ordered which was the prosciutto with seasonal fruit; the meat was okay but the season fruit consisted of four thin sliced hard pears, two halved cherry tomatoes, and two olives. My husband had the lamb which they did prepare very rare to his request,I had the veal picatta which was flavorful.Both dinners had garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli, the broccoli was oddly delicious!We hoped for a more private table like I requested on my Open Table reservation, but it was fine.Good for a family, maybe not a special date.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Terra Mia is an overall fantastic place to spend with both family, and a loved one. The food is fantastic and authentic, the abience is to die for, and the service is beyond amazing. I had to leave them a big tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGrandpacakeDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic service serving delicious food on mother's day. We had reservations and we were seated when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWineNdineDined on 5/11/2014Being Italian I was looking forward to a luscious and wonderfully indulgent meal. Spaghetti alla Carbonara boasts a silky sauce created when beaten eggs are tossed with the hot pasta and a little fat from pancetta or bacon. The secret is quite simple, the eggs are essentially cooked by tossing with the hot spaghetti. The only challenge, the eggs must not cook to the point of being scrambled, but just enough to thicken the eggs into a sauce. Needless to say, what I got was Spaghetti with scrambled eggs. It was awful and when I politely pointed this out to our server, his answer was "that's how we always make it" and then walked away leaving my Spaghetti behind.
- Real Italian; honest slice of ItalyChaserDined on 5/10/2014This is without doubt our favorite resturant for Italian food in all of the Bay Area. After livining in Italy for three years, when we step foot inside this resturant; everything reminds me of why I love Italy so much. You must try this place...and practice a little Italian while you are there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go For The Lamb ChopsChrisTDined on 5/8/2014My go to place when I want prepared to perfection lamb chops. Luca our waiter was a delight. Very professional and friendly. Our meal was perfect. Staff is attentive enough without being invasive so you can enjoy your meal together. Calamari steak is also delicious. Don't be afraid of the pickles! The sauce is light and full of flavor.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityFedsdinerVIPDined on 5/1/2014This is our "Go-To" restaurant, no matter the Occassion. While all the wait staff are impressive, Luca is our favorite. I will say that all of them make you feel like you are their favorite customer. The food is always a dining experience. In my opinion , it all comes down to the person in charge, and that would be Francesco. Once you've met him, it's easy to see why Terra Mia is such a great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 576 reviews are from the Terra Mia reviews archive.
- Terra Mia - Reservations??1LivermoreDined on 4/12/2014I have dined at this restaurant before with better experience. We had reservations, but had to wait for 20 minutes before being seated. The waitress was polite, but did not announce the evening's dining specials, but, we did have a written description of them at our table. I asked for a salad with dressing on the side.... it came fully dressed. B y the time I saw our waitress again, she was bringing our entree. I politely asked if she would bring me a salad with no dressing, which she did bring with a sincere apology about the mistake... Food was fine, but I just felt maybe the restaurant, had been understaffed, they were not on the ball with anything. Not really a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightHoneybearDined on 4/11/2014We have never been disappointed with our visits to this restaurant. Great food and friendly service. I love to come in the cooler months with a big fire going in the fireplace.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Although recommended by friends, this meal was disappointing. The chicken dish was overcooked. The red sauce was very bland, lacking flavor. The tortellini was clearly not drained properly, giving the white sauce a watery taste. The Rollini was not bad, although a small serving and a very plain presentation. Having eaten great Italian in cities such as Montreal, New York, and Boston, unfortunately we can say this meal was sub par. Also, the olive oil was cloudy and extremely bitter. Table next to us gave us theirs. We were told our oil was not their usual brand. Well please check the quality before serving. Service: Wow. Two of the four meals ordered were totally incorrect. Inexcusable, especially considering the orders were written down.
- an enjoyable eveningniteoutDined on 3/29/2014Friendly staff and waiter, plus continuous watch over our table to keep the water glasses and bread basket filled. Tasty food! Cozy atmosphere. Enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic food.sharkfoodDined on 3/29/2014First time in the area, passing through to go see a show in Modesto and saw this restaurant on Yelp.. ..and it lived up to it's hype. We had a glass of wine at the bar since we got there a bit early. The bartender was an older gentleman, very courteous and quite hilarious I might add. We were promptly seated as soon as they opened, it helped that we had our OpenTable reservation, because the place got packed in less than 10 minutes of opening. The scene was vibrant and seductively lit with an open fireplace as well but the temperature never got uncomfortable during our visit. We had the gnocchi and the ziti al salmone, both delectable and in great portion that my girl had to take hers to go. Thanks for the wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite!tatko19Dined on 3/27/2014The is our favorite place to dine! We've been coming for years. The food is excellent, quality is high, consistent, with great portions. Wonderful friendly service. Couldn't recommend more highly. Look for the specials...always a great treat. Make reservations for weekends and holidays, it gets busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no waiterdeet4evrDined on 3/25/2014I had the brandy salmon, which was good. I was with three friends. They enjoyed their dinners. The big problem was that there was no waiter for the first 20 minutes. We did get water immediately with two refills. No bread. I asked for a waiter from the water server after the second refill. There were at least half a dozen waiters, but none of them were assigned our table.Special Features:
- Very Plesant Surprisebobgm3Dined on 3/22/2014Great Food, Great Service, Clean, Contemporary, and Fun! What more do you need to know?Special Features:
- Italian food direct from Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Terra Mia serves real Italian food, just as if you were in Italy! The most genuine, healthy and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.