4040 East Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terramialivermore.com/
- Phone: 9254563333x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5-9:30pm; Sunday Dinner 4-9pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 2:30pm;
Sat & Sun LUNCH closed (Available for private parties).
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant capacity is 250 people. Main dining room seats 120 guests. Barolo banquet room seats 50. Chianti room seats 60.
- Private Party Contact: Francesco 9254563333x
A word from Terra Mia
At Terra Mia Restaurant ("my land" in Italian) we carefully prepare our dishes using only the freshest ingredients. Our food is made from scratch, like the trattorias and ristorantes in the South of Italy. We make all efforts to purchase organic and locally grown produce and meats, to preserve the flavor and quality of our dishes. We strongly support the SLOW FOOD movement organization, which began in Italy in 1986. The nature of this group is to protect cultural identities linked to food and traditions. Also, for our customers to "slow down" and learn to enjoy meals while spending quality time with family and loved ones. We are located in the Chardonnay Shopping Center near downtown Livermore and popular wineries. Owned and operated by first generation Italians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terra Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (35)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- RalphDined on 10/4/2014Nice bar, very good food, nice menu with lots of specials. Very surprising as it's in a strip mall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso e Eccezionale!BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 10/2/2014My sister and brother-in-law were visiting from the New York City/New Jersey area. Terra Mia is the ONLY Italian restaurant I would consider for them. It is by far the best in the Tri-Valley. Our waiter, Lucca, went above and beyond and provided excellent service. My sister and brother-in-law asked for a few special items that were not on the menu. Lucca made sure all requests were granted. He was so accommodating, friendly, and polite. Needless to say, my guests were very happy with the food, selection, and service (and that made me very happy, as well.) Tutto era meraviglioso. Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014The service is outstanding and the food is delicious. Everyone in our party loved their food. Great atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Mia Italian RestaurantwagabuzDined on 9/30/2014I took my mom to lunch at Terra Mia. When we got seated there was a table to ten (employees out for lunch and getting awards) I did not find them loud at all but the kitchen is open to the dining room and lots of pots clinking and clacking. It was a little loud for me, but a bit painful for my mom who is trying to get used to her new hearing aids. I had a glass of wine, we each had a cup of soup and split our entree. After tip, it was over $60. Yikes. A little much for a split lunch. The food was OK, not great but the service was wonderful. Our waitress went above and beyond to serve us, she split our entree but when taking our order she had memorized the specials but didn't try to push anything.Special Features:
- Excellent RestauranthmbladyDined on 9/27/2014Great menu options, good value, wonderful service. Full bar, nice wine list and reasonably priced. Large dining room, smaller intimate dining area and weather permitting, even outdoor dining. We were greeted by friendly staff upon arrival and our table was ready at the time we had requested. This restaurant is great for casual drop in dining and special occassions. I highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2ndgenerstionitalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Was worth the drive from Martinez. The food was really good. Very fresh and authentic. Service also good. A little noisy, but didn't bother us too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariaDined on 9/13/2014Great Food and service We have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Good foodtb1127Dined on 9/7/2014Terra Mia has great food and service. Seafood was fresh and very good italian food / menu.Special Features:
- Not a good night at Terra MiaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Usually we really like Terra Mia. Unfortunately, they sat us at a table in the corner where the staff kept walking back and forth to a back area. Very distracting. The polenta appetizer was bland, however, the worst part was that my fettucine was way undercooked. My husband had fettucine and his was cooked perfectly. I had fettucine Bolognese and it was almost crunchy it was so undercooked. When the waiter took it away he said they would put it back on the stove and cook it some more. I was shocked that they would not cook the pasta properly and then put new sauce on it. I declined. It is sad that they felt this would be acceptable. It will probably be quite a while before we go back since it was really not a good experience.
- Surprising!RunningGirlDined on 8/31/2014Located in an unassuming strip mall, the food and service were terrific. Got the suggestion from a winery employee and it exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the food...tatko19Dined on 8/25/2014...But the service is slipping. This has been a favorite for years. But the last couple of visits have proved to be disappointing from a service level. Wait staff has completely changed - slower and less attentive. The food was perfect, but pick the service back up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was great. Staff was very personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely Italian in LivermoreNativegalVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were headed to see the Lamplighters' Pirates of Penzance at the Bankhead Theater, a trek for us from Marin. Terra Mia came up highly rated on Yelp and Open Table and we were not disappointed. My ribeye was delectable and daughter enjoyed her pasta dish. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We chose the outdoor table to avoid noise and it was great for watching coming and going.Special Features:
- So-so FoodWorldTravelerDined on 8/23/2014We had fried calamari and mussels for appetizers. Both very mediocre. The calamari was pretty much flavorless. They need to spice up their batter. Not sure of the freshness of the mussels. They tasted a little off. I had the lasagna which was good....but then so is Costco lasagna. Nothing special. The other three in my group had the Veal Marsala which they said was OK but nothing special. Overall, it was a decent dining experience minus the wow factor. I give the restaurant a "Yeah, it's okay" rating but with so many other options in the area, not sure I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceJoanDined on 8/22/2014As usual we had a great dinner here. We all ordered different things, but all four of us enjoyed our meal. Service was great too. We sat in the quieter room in the back, which I prefer because the main dining room is quite noisy.Special Features:
- Terra Mia Tucked AwaySidWDined on 8/15/2014In a little strip mall sits this lovely restaurant. Had a great dinner sitting outside on the patio. (I'm glad we were able to sit outside because it was MUCH quieter outside than inside the restaurant. Keep that in mind.) Great service from our waiter but I can't remember his name. The food was excellent and the four of us in our party would like to return again. Once again TripAdvisor came through for me. I chose Terra Mia because of its high ranking on its site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BeanDined on 8/13/2014It is a little loud esp. when busy but well worth it. We have never been disappointed and we have been going here for years.Special Features:
- Always Great tastesDaveDined on 8/9/2014The quality of the food and the service are always great. This visit I brought my own wine and was a bit surprised that the corkage was doubled for a Magnum, There were still only one cork and 4 glasses. although they will waive one fee if you buy a bottle we had a very special Magnum and another bottle would probably be too much to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service Not GoodatlcalDined on 8/9/2014Noisy place. A bit difficult to carry on a conversation but not a big hindrance. The food is very good and usually in generous quantities. The real issue on this visit was the service. I can only assume they were understaffed. Our waiter took over 10 minutes to greet us. We then had to flag him down to take our order. When the food arrived, he had no idea who had what entree. At a diner I expect to have to tell who had what entree but not at a place like this. Had to ask to see the dessert menu and had to flag him down to get refills. In one case, he refilled the drink with the wrong item. And we had to flag him down to get the bill. Just took what could have been a nice experience based on the food and ruined it.
- What happened?BlondiejDined on 8/7/2014Terra Mia used to be a hidden gem for wonderful, fresh, tasty Italian food. It has always been noisy but that was overlooked with the great food. Eaten here many times and never been disappointed. I took a friend last night and was sorely disappointed. Tasteless, soggy salad. Overcooked, bland fish special for me and my friend ordered the Petrale sole which was so salty it was rendered inedible. A big, sloppy, inedible mess. Our waitress was sweet but not attentive. Even the wine tasted horrible. I MAY give Terra Mia another chance as I've had so many good meals there previously. Maybe they are under new management? Very disappointed. I used to recommend Terra Mia to everyone. Now, I would not be able to do so.
- okChattieDined on 8/3/2014Wine list quite expensive for a neighborhood. Help not to helpful, food was ok but not real, real, good. I probably would go back because it is conveinent to the neighborhood, and I don't like to cook.Special Features:
- very good food - waitress ngJoprixDined on 8/1/2014Our meal was very good as always. However, our waitress was wanting to be some place else. We had to ask for bread and water after a long wait at the table. She did not know what they had for Specials that night. Others had to bring our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tera Mia amoremeal1guyDined on 7/18/2014Terra Mia is a great restaurant that is near the wineries, and has a great neighborhood feel. The restaurant sticks with the Italian fare and execute well. The menu is varied and reasonably priced. It is away from the downtown, but is worth the drive.Special Features:
- GrandpacakeDined on 7/17/2014We were served a fantastic meal with great portion size.Special Features:
- GoodsceneDined on 7/13/2014Chicken portabella dish i ordered, found the chicken hard and not juicy, the gravy had some extra salt In it, the other 2 dishes we ordered were good.Special Features:
- Real Italian DiningMissingRomaDined on 7/12/2014Come here for an authentic Italian dining experience. This is the best Italian food in Livermore with dishes you won't find elsewhere. Good list of local wines. Reasonable prices. Fun bar. Not the place for a quick meal, but that is not the intent of Italian dining. We need an authentic Italian deli in town for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyLove2eatDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit to Terra Mia & although most of the food was good, the noise level made conversing even with the person sitting next to you nearly impossible.A large party came in a little after us, sat clear on the other side of the room & managed to complete the misery. It doesn't help that the restaurant is all tile and stone either. The pizza, pasta with salmon and sea bass special were all very good.The pork was overdone and very salty, I would NEVER order it again. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly waitress, but as the evening wore on we saw less and less of her.We had to ask someone to find her so we could order dessert!The wines by the glass were extremely overpriced, tho cocktails were a bargain.Go figureSpecial Features:
- Always good food and staffbhiggy14Dined on 7/11/2014They always seem to have good food and very attentive staff members. I have never been disappointed when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrew HortonTransporterDined on 7/3/2014Me and my Mrs. eat at this place quite allot. The food, service, etc.., is VERY good. I HIGHLY recommend the salmon. Little pricy, but GREAT authentic Italian restaurant. The location is ultimate. Try it I think that everyone who eats here will be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with good companySugarBearDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant is an easy walk from our house and qualifies easily as a neighborhood find. The food is very good. We both liked everything we had (salad, entree, dessert, wine) and it was served with a smile. The tables are pretty closely packed and the place is popular, so on a busy night, it can get pretty noisy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousPenguinLuverVIPDined on 6/28/2014Difficult to carry on conversations due to the noise level, but the food is so good you just want to eat. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian EateryTracySVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went here on a weekend night and had an additional person to our original reservation, but they accommodated us with no problem. Our server was very attentive, and made sure we had everything we needed. Nice atmosphere inside, so don't let the strip mall location put you off. Appetizers included calamari, anti pasti, and my favorite, the bruschetta. Entrees ranged from pizza to salmon to shrimp and everyone was pleased with their meals. I had the pesto gnocchi which was quite delicious. We topped of dinner with desserts of Italian gelato, tiramisu and bignes, all of which were yummy. They also have a very reasonable kids menu, and a nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningDine4usDined on 6/26/2014We ate outdoors. Noise was not a problem except when one very noisy vehicle drove by. The service was perfect and the food delicious. I highly recommend Terra Mia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Good food, superb service, charming environment, though I'm not used to the Livermore heat and at lunchtime it was a little warm for me. Should not be a problem for dinner.Special Features:
- The following 588 reviews are from the Terra Mia reviews archive.
- LeftoversAnonym0usDined on 6/15/2014Asked server to box up whatever was left on my plate. We ordered dessert shortly after & I had still not recieved my leftovers. The server had forgot even as she was bringing our check. Needless to say, I was furiated that she had thrown them away. I had over half of my entree left, hoping to bring it to work with me the next day for lunch. $16 for a damn pasta down the toilet, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but not outstandingBoopDined on 6/14/2014Noisy restaurant unless you can get a table in the back. Service was okay but our waiter didn't take the time to explain the specials. I love Bruschetta but found it to be bland here. Just tomatoes on toast. Needed more basil and olive oil. Sea Bass special was very tasty yet the portion was very small.Special Features:
- always deliciousdsptDined on 6/14/2014I've never had a bad or mediocre dish at Terra Mia, which is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where are the people?LivermorefoodieDined on 6/9/2014We had a delicious dinner of pasta w/ eggplant, and the pesto linguine. The service was attentive, and though the space is larger, the atmosphere is intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Terra Mia claims to be run be real Italians from the south of Italy. That for sure has to be a lie.Terra Mia managed to serve us the worst Italian food we have ever had. None of the four dishes we had were decent. In fact they were poorly made and the flavors were all wrong. Our two main pasta entrees even came with the same tomato sauce even though they were supposed to be different. Cannot recommend this place to anyone.
- Nice local restaurantOneToThreeDined on 5/17/2014I wanted a quiet and quaint restaurant for my anniversary dinner with my husband.I looked at availability on Open Table and the menu looked lovely. Overall, the meal was good. My lower star rating is mostly for the appetizer we ordered which was the prosciutto with seasonal fruit; the meat was okay but the season fruit consisted of four thin sliced hard pears, two halved cherry tomatoes, and two olives. My husband had the lamb which they did prepare very rare to his request,I had the veal picatta which was flavorful.Both dinners had garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli, the broccoli was oddly delicious!We hoped for a more private table like I requested on my Open Table reservation, but it was fine.Good for a family, maybe not a special date.Special Features: