4040 East Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terramialivermore.com/
- Phone: (925) 456-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5-9:30pm; Sunday Dinner 4-9pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 2:30pm;
Sat & Sun LUNCH closed (Available for private parties).
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant capacity is 250 people. Main dining room seats 120 guests. Barolo banquet room seats 50. Chianti room seats 60.
- Private Party Contact: Francesco 9254563333x
A word from Terra Mia
At Terra Mia Restaurant ("my land" in Italian) we carefully prepare our dishes using only the freshest ingredients. Our food is made from scratch, like the trattorias and ristorantes in the South of Italy. We make all efforts to purchase organic and locally grown produce and meats, to preserve the flavor and quality of our dishes. We strongly support the SLOW FOOD movement organization, which began in Italy in 1986. The nature of this group is to protect cultural identities linked to food and traditions. Also, for our customers to "slow down" and learn to enjoy meals while spending quality time with family and loved ones. We are located in the Chardonnay Shopping Center near downtown Livermore and popular wineries. Owned and operated by first generation Italians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terra Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (36)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (31)romantic (26)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Wonderful Birthday Celebration.BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner to celebrate our son's birthday. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent Our reservation requests were all granted. It's always a treat for our family to dine at Terra Mia. Grazie mille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu selectionsDaveDined on 11/21/2014This is one of my favorite resturants in Livermore. Great menu selections and a good wine list. I was a bit disappointed in my selection, which I have had several times before, the Zuppa de Pesce. The clams and mussels were plentiful but the meat inside was very small. There were literally 2 shrimp in the dish and very little fish. I remember a lot more shrimp and fish last time I ordered it. The broth was awesome as usual. Service is always great here.My wife had the gnochi and said it was totally delish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!DebbieDined on 11/19/2014We went for my husband's birthday and had a delicious dinner and enjoyed sitting by the fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerdebbiemrosaDined on 11/15/2014This was a nice surprise! The food was delicious and we didn't expect to find such a lovely restaurant in the heart of Livermore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable.....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014We have eaten at Terra Mia many times, and have always enjoyed it! Delicious food, with nightly specials. Friendly service. It is our favorite!! No doubt we will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDeliciososDined on 11/7/2014Terra Mia is a great restaurant. We have gone with our kids too many times to count and we have gone with groups of adults and enjoyed it every time. The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and professional and the prices and portions are spot on. This is definitely one of Livermore's finest places for a meal.Special Features:
- A little DisappointedLjacesapairDined on 11/7/2014Having been told how wonderful this restaurant was, we found the dinner uneven. My Salmon was too salty and the Pasta with olive oil and garlic was too bland. The best dish of the evening was tied between the Veal Masala and the Chicken Lasagna. We probably won't repeat this visit. We have too many wonderful dining experiences to explore without repeating a mediocrity.Special Features:
- Super NiceBirthdaylunchgreat8Dined on 11/6/2014The server was excellent he made sure I got Italian Sparkling Wine for my birthday. Also the calamari was the best tasting I ever had. Calamari was not spongy and cooked perfectly. The Seafood pasta was what I had and everything was made of scratch. My boyfriend had braised ribs and the portion was enough for me to have some. It was so tender and cooked perfectly excellent. They also sang Happy Birthday in Italian. It was such a good experience and it was just lunch. The server knew his stuff and it was a pleasure to go there for my birthday. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian restaurantMikeCVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is a good Italian restaurant. I had the Ravioli Anna and it was very good. The staff was friendly and prompt.
- Consistently Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014For those who know and appreciate real Italian cuisine, there is no comparison in Livermore. We were warmly and graciously greeted by Christina who was super friendly. We were early, so decided to have an aperitif at the bar. My wife ordered the Tuscany, rye whiskey and spicy mango cocktail- which I tried and was quite good. After we were seated, Luca our server recommended the Morellino di Scansano which is a blend of Cab and Sangio and paired perfectly with the Antipasto we started with. We did a Primi Piatti of their special Tortelloni di Zuca, a delicate pumpkin filled pasta in a wonderful butter and sage sauce. Everyone loved their entrees, and Luca's service was impeccable. We have been coming here for years and they only get better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablefoodieDined on 10/25/2014Plan to dine at.Terra Mia more often, enjoyed overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was my first date with this new lady and I was a little worried about the first impression but was quickly relieved when we were greated at the door and the food and service were great. Eveything was better than expected and we will be going back. Thanks, JimSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RIPON RONRonnieDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service, reasonably priced. Only thing quite loud. I had trouble hearing my date trying to speak over the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for any quiet romantic dinnerChefBusinessmanDined on 10/18/2014We've been going to TM off/on for 6 yrs. We go to TM for waiter Luka. Our table next to fire was not ready. There was no fire & it was chilly with fans twirling. The young hostess's indifference bordered on rude. They sat young children near us contrary to my reqst, so why bother asking us preference? I'd just returned from Europe - Luka's enthusiasm with us made our meal. Glad to see they have a better Italian chef - my pumpkin tortelini in butter sage sauce was SUPERB, & I"M a chef. Calamari fresh, wife's linguini good. The cacophony ruined our meal. You CANNOT have a romantic dinner here. About 6 tables had birthdays, staff singing loudly in Italian. So nice for loud dinners, not quiet romance.Special Features:
- RalphDined on 10/4/2014Nice bar, very good food, nice menu with lots of specials. Very surprising as it's in a strip mall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso e Eccezionale!BrooklynBabeVIPDined on 10/2/2014My sister and brother-in-law were visiting from the New York City/New Jersey area. Terra Mia is the ONLY Italian restaurant I would consider for them. It is by far the best in the Tri-Valley. Our waiter, Lucca, went above and beyond and provided excellent service. My sister and brother-in-law asked for a few special items that were not on the menu. Lucca made sure all requests were granted. He was so accommodating, friendly, and polite. Needless to say, my guests were very happy with the food, selection, and service (and that made me very happy, as well.) Tutto era meraviglioso. Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014The service is outstanding and the food is delicious. Everyone in our party loved their food. Great atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Mia Italian RestaurantwagabuzDined on 9/30/2014I took my mom to lunch at Terra Mia. When we got seated there was a table to ten (employees out for lunch and getting awards) I did not find them loud at all but the kitchen is open to the dining room and lots of pots clinking and clacking. It was a little loud for me, but a bit painful for my mom who is trying to get used to her new hearing aids. I had a glass of wine, we each had a cup of soup and split our entree. After tip, it was over $60. Yikes. A little much for a split lunch. The food was OK, not great but the service was wonderful. Our waitress went above and beyond to serve us, she split our entree but when taking our order she had memorized the specials but didn't try to push anything.Special Features:
- Excellent RestauranthmbladyDined on 9/27/2014Great menu options, good value, wonderful service. Full bar, nice wine list and reasonably priced. Large dining room, smaller intimate dining area and weather permitting, even outdoor dining. We were greeted by friendly staff upon arrival and our table was ready at the time we had requested. This restaurant is great for casual drop in dining and special occassions. I highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2ndgenerstionitalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Was worth the drive from Martinez. The food was really good. Very fresh and authentic. Service also good. A little noisy, but didn't bother us too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014This is a go to place for local families and romantic dinners. Our group had sole, scallops and clams, all which were perfect.Special Features:
- mariaDined on 9/13/2014Great Food and service We have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Good foodtb1127Dined on 9/7/2014Terra Mia has great food and service. Seafood was fresh and very good italian food / menu.Special Features:
- Not a good night at Terra MiaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Usually we really like Terra Mia. Unfortunately, they sat us at a table in the corner where the staff kept walking back and forth to a back area. Very distracting. The polenta appetizer was bland, however, the worst part was that my fettucine was way undercooked. My husband had fettucine and his was cooked perfectly. I had fettucine Bolognese and it was almost crunchy it was so undercooked. When the waiter took it away he said they would put it back on the stove and cook it some more. I was shocked that they would not cook the pasta properly and then put new sauce on it. I declined. It is sad that they felt this would be acceptable. It will probably be quite a while before we go back since it was really not a good experience.
- Surprising!RunningGirlDined on 8/31/2014Located in an unassuming strip mall, the food and service were terrific. Got the suggestion from a winery employee and it exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the food...tatko19Dined on 8/25/2014...But the service is slipping. This has been a favorite for years. But the last couple of visits have proved to be disappointing from a service level. Wait staff has completely changed - slower and less attentive. The food was perfect, but pick the service back up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was great. Staff was very personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely Italian in LivermoreNativegalVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were headed to see the Lamplighters' Pirates of Penzance at the Bankhead Theater, a trek for us from Marin. Terra Mia came up highly rated on Yelp and Open Table and we were not disappointed. My ribeye was delectable and daughter enjoyed her pasta dish. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We chose the outdoor table to avoid noise and it was great for watching coming and going.Special Features:
- So-so FoodWorldTravelerDined on 8/23/2014We had fried calamari and mussels for appetizers. Both very mediocre. The calamari was pretty much flavorless. They need to spice up their batter. Not sure of the freshness of the mussels. They tasted a little off. I had the lasagna which was good....but then so is Costco lasagna. Nothing special. The other three in my group had the Veal Marsala which they said was OK but nothing special. Overall, it was a decent dining experience minus the wow factor. I give the restaurant a "Yeah, it's okay" rating but with so many other options in the area, not sure I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceJoanDined on 8/22/2014As usual we had a great dinner here. We all ordered different things, but all four of us enjoyed our meal. Service was great too. We sat in the quieter room in the back, which I prefer because the main dining room is quite noisy.Special Features:
- Terra Mia Tucked AwaySidWDined on 8/15/2014In a little strip mall sits this lovely restaurant. Had a great dinner sitting outside on the patio. (I'm glad we were able to sit outside because it was MUCH quieter outside than inside the restaurant. Keep that in mind.) Great service from our waiter but I can't remember his name. The food was excellent and the four of us in our party would like to return again. Once again TripAdvisor came through for me. I chose Terra Mia because of its high ranking on its site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BeanDined on 8/13/2014It is a little loud esp. when busy but well worth it. We have never been disappointed and we have been going here for years.Special Features:
- Always Great tastesDaveDined on 8/9/2014The quality of the food and the service are always great. This visit I brought my own wine and was a bit surprised that the corkage was doubled for a Magnum, There were still only one cork and 4 glasses. although they will waive one fee if you buy a bottle we had a very special Magnum and another bottle would probably be too much to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service Not GoodatlcalDined on 8/9/2014Noisy place. A bit difficult to carry on a conversation but not a big hindrance. The food is very good and usually in generous quantities. The real issue on this visit was the service. I can only assume they were understaffed. Our waiter took over 10 minutes to greet us. We then had to flag him down to take our order. When the food arrived, he had no idea who had what entree. At a diner I expect to have to tell who had what entree but not at a place like this. Had to ask to see the dessert menu and had to flag him down to get refills. In one case, he refilled the drink with the wrong item. And we had to flag him down to get the bill. Just took what could have been a nice experience based on the food and ruined it.
- What happened?BlondiejDined on 8/7/2014Terra Mia used to be a hidden gem for wonderful, fresh, tasty Italian food. It has always been noisy but that was overlooked with the great food. Eaten here many times and never been disappointed. I took a friend last night and was sorely disappointed. Tasteless, soggy salad. Overcooked, bland fish special for me and my friend ordered the Petrale sole which was so salty it was rendered inedible. A big, sloppy, inedible mess. Our waitress was sweet but not attentive. Even the wine tasted horrible. I MAY give Terra Mia another chance as I've had so many good meals there previously. Maybe they are under new management? Very disappointed. I used to recommend Terra Mia to everyone. Now, I would not be able to do so.
- okChattieDined on 8/3/2014Wine list quite expensive for a neighborhood. Help not to helpful, food was ok but not real, real, good. I probably would go back because it is conveinent to the neighborhood, and I don't like to cook.Special Features:
- very good food - waitress ngJoprixDined on 8/1/2014Our meal was very good as always. However, our waitress was wanting to be some place else. We had to ask for bread and water after a long wait at the table. She did not know what they had for Specials that night. Others had to bring our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 600 reviews are from the Terra Mia reviews archive.
- Tera Mia amoremeal1guyDined on 7/18/2014Terra Mia is a great restaurant that is near the wineries, and has a great neighborhood feel. The restaurant sticks with the Italian fare and execute well. The menu is varied and reasonably priced. It is away from the downtown, but is worth the drive.Special Features:
- GrandpacakeDined on 7/17/2014We were served a fantastic meal with great portion size.Special Features:
- GoodsceneDined on 7/13/2014Chicken portabella dish i ordered, found the chicken hard and not juicy, the gravy had some extra salt In it, the other 2 dishes we ordered were good.Special Features: