Terra Mare Restaurant
3633 des Sources
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC H9B 2K4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Terra Mare Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.terramare.com/
- Phone: 5146834353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available for groups of 10 or more, up to a maximum of 170. Screen and White board or flip chart available for corporate presentations and conferences. Music and decorations welcome. Personalized menus and event planning available.
- Private Party Contact: Dora Bras 5146834353
- Entertainment: Entertainment availble during special events. Follow our Event Calender on our website www.terramare.com for more details.
A word from Terra Mare Restaurant
Since 1976 Terra Mare’s reputation has been built on excellence in fine dining and superlative service. We invite you to relax in our nautical ambience and sail away to an incomparable dining experience. Our great selection of fresh fish, succulent seafood, Red Brand Alberta beef aged to perfection and veal specialties offer tastes to satisfy every palate. End your evening with one of our famous table side flambé coffees and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terra Mare Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014lots of seafood choices, such as salmon, tuna, sole, tilapia, lobsters, shrimp, also filet Mignon. the prices range from 20-50$. fresh oysters were delicious for appetizer! it's a must have. house wine was gs too, half liter for 15,95$. great service, quiet place not too many people. we got pretty much the whole Resto for ourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We were addressed immediately as we entered the restaurant and seated the same. Service was excellent and all foods were served in a timely manner. Food was also excellent.Special Features:
- BlackbeardDined on 10/4/2014Haven't enjoyed seafood that good in a long while. Had been several times to a similar restaurant (or same one?) many years ago when it was located on Laurentian near old Canadair hangars. The seafood platters were memorable then and remain so in this restaurant. Definitely better decorated. Made it a nice evening with my Sweetheart. Pricey but worth it. Have paid just as much for saefood elsewhere that wasn't half as good. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not for young crowdHoney514Dined on 10/3/2014My friends and I tried this restaurant the other night. The food was really good, everyone of us ordered fish and we we're disappointed. However, if you're between the age of 25-35, this is not the place for you as you will find much older crowds here, like grandma and grandpa. Nevertheless, the food was good and service was great!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Nous avons bien apprécié l'ambiance et la nourriture et des souvenirs du début des années 1980 avec le capitaine Nick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it's not broken .....JanetDined on 9/27/2014Terra Mare has been here for 38 years - similar menu and the same decor. Appeals to an older crowd. Nice not to see people texting at the table. Food is excellent and served hot. Great place for a business lunch or dinner as well as a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Older crowd, tables are not too close. We enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent food & service. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Terra Mare Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014they advertised a salad bar on their web site and when we got there, she told us that they no longer have a salad bar...They took it away a couple of months ago...They should redo there web site...Food was ok nothing great
- No bad comments about theLockbxcaDined on 3/7/2014No bad comments about the food at all. The decor needs updating though. Looks like they are stuck in a time warp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmdsaDined on 2/13/2014Staff was extremely attentive from the moment the online reservation went in with an "allergy alert". Owner operator and family on site makes a world of difference - attentive to needs without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Mare - An Oldie but GoodieJanetDined on 1/29/2014I hadn't been to the Terra Mare in a number of years and have now had the opportunity to dine there twice in the past 3 months with different friends. The prices are more than reasonable and the food is excellent and beautifully presented. Service is attentive and discrete. This is an ideal place for business lunches, group dinners, or a romantic tete-a-tete.Special Features:
- a gem in montrealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2014great seafood and steak restaurant. family owned and owners were there to ensure great service and great experience. I've been in several countries and have eaten in variety of restaurants and Terra Mare is tops on Seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La cuisine est excellente,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014La cuisine est excellente, mais le service est toujours très lent. Rappelle de bons souvenirs d'une autre époque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveMaureenDined on 12/31/2013The New Year's Eve decorations were very festive and the restaurant looked beautiful. The overall service was very friendly but slightly chaotic - congestion, not enough coat check facilities, delays in seating and setting up tables. There was a good selection of appetizers and main meals. The food itself was disappointing: my coquille St jacques did not taste freshly prepared, my salmon filet was very good (well cooked and everything served hot and fresh even the vegetables), my husband did not enjoy his filet mignon,the meat was just ok, potatoes overcooked and vegetables were cold. The dessert - I have bought better cakes at grocery store counter. The DJ had lots of folks up dancing which created a fun party atmosphere.
- A monument in the West Island !LorraineDined on 12/24/2013Terra Mare has been in the West Island for quite a while and has survived several others that came along in the past 20 years at least. Great service - staff is very pleasant - the ambience is nice and natural - a little salad bar just perfect the way it is - accessibility is also a strong point with its easy parking directly on Sources Road. Overall, my experience was just as great as the last one (past 10 years-time to let the children grow !). Long life to the owner and its team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent overall.great oystersyqselfDined on 12/23/2013excellent overall.great oysters at reasonable price.seafood is delicious.My favorite restaurant in all MontrealSpecial Features:
- Quite easily one of the bestMontrealfoodyDined on 12/20/2013Quite easily one of the best restaurants in Montreal. Freshest seafood, great steaks, excellent Italian specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!wildchefVIPDined on 12/17/2013I've never seen oysters that perfect was the comment around our table of self proclaimed foodies as we feasted on a dozen each. Our next appetizer was a plate of 4 frog legs on a bed of rice made as a special request, one thing about Terra Mare they mean to please. Then for the main course one of our guests was caught between the milk fed veal chop and the mussels marinara, no problem both arrived on his plate and were spectacular. I decided to go old school this lunch and opted for the Lobster Thermidor which was one of the bests I've ever had. My other guest went for the scampi which were size 6-8 to a lbs. and perfectly cooked. Even though this place was really busy with all the Christmas parties the service from John was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy access to reserve fromReillyDined on 12/17/2013Easy access to reserve from Toronto! Good follow up reminder. Requested area for easy access for senior guests and restaurant provided this. All in all a pleasant outing.Special Features:
- Great Italian ExperiencewildchefVIPDined on 12/5/2013We went to a steak and seafood restaurant and decided to have some of the best veal dishes you can find in any Italian resto in Montreal. Here their veal scaloppini is milk fed and made with the sirloin and not the leg wow what a difference. Parmagiano, marsala, pizziolla all were hits with our table of 6. The Rib steak was grilled perfectly and succulent everyone was happy and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to pig out in stylewildchefVIPDined on 11/9/2013Okay once in a while you loose it and you want to pig out and having a restaurant you feel comfortable in to do so is great. So this was my splurge starting off with a mix appetizer 6 oysters and 2 jumbo shrimp, salad bar, and a main course of Dover sole with a side of Frog legs served with grilled vegetables and a plate of the best French fries in town. Everything was great from the service to the Irish coffees wow what a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nor worth the moneyHynzeeDined on 10/12/2013Food was terrible, salad bar was not edible, service was very good. Unfortunately the service could not overcome the very bad food. I would give this place a miss. Extremely over priced.
- Out Of Town GuestJohnnyOttawaVIPDined on 10/5/2013Our out of town guest loved the food and the great carrot cake for dessert. Wait I'm from out of town also. They do a great job making you feel like your part of the family. Always on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oldie but GoodieJanetDined on 10/2/2013The Terra Mare has been a fixture in the area for many years and hasn't slowed down one bit. The service, quality and presentation of the food is still excellent. Prices are very reasonable and there is an extensive wine list. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who entjoy fine dining in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after soooo many years!!FrenchspiceDined on 8/13/2013Haven't gone for at least 15 years but went with my mom's friend for her 85th birthday and she wanted to go to Terra Mare. It was just like when I used to go. The food was just amazing. I had the Tilapia with its Meditareen toping, my mom had the Fettucine with Lobster and Rosé Sauce and her friend the poached salmon the 3 of us were very happy with our meal, very tasty. Their clam chowder is succulent. They have 2 different table d'hotes at night and the prices are appropriate for what you get. The service is excellent. With so many different restaurants out there I had forgotten about Terra Mare but I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very enjoyableboutsDined on 7/5/2013First visit and certainly not the last!! Had the tilapia it was very good, excellent portion size. The servixe was very good, friendly, house wine very good as well. Atmosphere very nice and enjoyable. A definits hit. Would definitely recomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise!wildchefVIPDined on 6/26/2013We went there for a business lunch since our customer had suggested he would like Seafood, and in Montreal Terra Mare is probably in the top 3 if your a seafood lover. Well we started with a dozen each of the best oysters, fresh, plump, salty, and juicy. This is the best place for Oysters I've found throughout my travels in North America except if your getting them right off the dock, and the price point at a about $25/dozen is great. The nice surprise came as our customer decided to choose a great bottle of red wine ( Ripassa Zenato) so there went the 3 lbs Lobster I was intending to order and we all went Italian and ordered a veal parmgiana, marsala, and pizziola as was suggested, I might say it was about the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sea food on the islandLlbbDined on 6/21/2013My wife go to this place at least every three months, fish is all ways fresh and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best grilled salmon we'veFamilyOf5Dined on 6/15/2013Best grilled salmon we've ever had. Flaming Crepes Suzette for dessert was a great ending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!wildchefVIPDined on 6/14/2013We had a wonderful meal starting with a couple of dozen oysters which were super fresh and succulent. The escargot appetizer was perfectly old school with lots of fresh bread to lap up the garlic butter. We all decided to go with the frog legs which are quite hard to find in most restaurants and they were absolutely terrific. Dinner was finished with a couple of Irish Coffees flambéed at the table and an exquisite crème brule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to for my mom's b-day.StellaDined on 6/8/2013We went to for my mom's b-day. The staff (and management!!) went out of their way to cater to our special requests and were kind enough to sing to and present my mom with a gorgeous dessert/cake. We were a party of five and had plenty of room at the beautifully set table - usually we're quite crowded. We even stayed longer, I'm sure beyond closing, but everyone was so helpful and awesome! The food was outstanding! It was our first time there but most definitely not our last. The prices were perfect for the amazing quality of the meals and ample portions. The staff were very conscientious and knowledgeable regarding allergies which rarely happens and very very patient with us! We had so much fun! Can't say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Lobster dinner WOW!wildchefVIPDined on 6/7/2013There was 2 of us for lunch so we decided to go with the Lobster festival on the menu, but with a twist. We started off with some really great oysters and one of the best shrimp cocktails I've seen in years, I mean those shrimps were gigantic and so delicious. For the Lobster I decided to go with a French classic Lobster thermodor which was de-shelled and cooked in a cream sauce with sherry, mushrooms and put back in the shell and covered with melted cheese extremely decadent but what a treat . My guest had the lobster salad which looked great, each Lobster was about 2 1/2 lbs and was hard shell and completely full of meat. This had to be one of the best lobster dinners I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth coming backSophieDined on 5/11/2013I was very pleased with my choice. Service was a little slow because it was Mother's Day weekend, but the staff were very friendly, the food was excellent. The menu has plenty of selection, even deserts. I also liked the decor, they really went all out in the marine theme (the salad bar is a boat). All in all, I would definitely go back to that restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SPAJohnnyOttawaVIPDined on 5/4/2013Decided I wanted to have lobster for a change and with the restaurant being known for seafood, I was looking for a lobster tank. I did not see one, so I was not sure to expect in regards to the quality of lobster. The server said that they had a very large lobster tank, so I looked around as he went to get our drinks. As I walked about the restaurant looking and wondering if I required new glasses, a server asked me if she could help. I told her I was looking for the tank, she laughed and said “follow me “and we went through a door and I saw the lobster spa. Luxury lobster living. We had a laugh and I was relieved I did not have to purchase a new set of glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Really nice but a bit pricy and would have loved more seafood in assiette du pecheurSpecial Features:
- Great Steak!wildchefVIPDined on 4/19/2013We had a couple of 16 ounce rib Steaks which were grilled to perfection, as was the Provini Veal Chop,. The meats were served with grilled vegetables and homemade fries which was just perfect. We started with escargot and a Jumbo Shrimp cocktail, as well as a very unique salad bar. It was a great meal from beginning to end, this place is definitely the best steak house in the West Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowwildchefVIPDined on 4/12/2013The best pepper steak in the west island, this restaurant has a great kitchen which keeps us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we enjoyed our time at TerraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013we enjoyed our time at Terra Mare. The service was awesome. Its not a place for less 30's crowd but with family its a great place to have seafood.Special Features:
- 2nd Time A CharmJohnnyOttawaVIPDined on 3/9/2013On my second visit in 2013 from Toronto with my parents, we found the service to be excellent and the food excellent. The noise level was as the ratings lists “energetic”, but as my 94 year old father said “Good sign all this talking, means that people are enjoying themselves”. Also found it very pleasant that the owners took the time to visit each table several times over the evening to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. Will be making a third visit this year for sure.Special Features: