352 E. Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrabistrovail.com/
- Phone: 9704766836
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Private Party Facilities: Our mountain room features a rustic decor with mountain views and can accommodate parties up to 34 people. In addition full or partial buy outs of our main dining room are available.
A word from Terra Bistro
Borrowing the Latin word for Earth in its name, Terra Bistro has been transforming whole foods into gourmet innovations for more than 17 years. Today, Terra Bistro is still considered a leader in the gourmet green movement. Our menus are 100% all – natural and our recipes utilize 85% to 100% certified organic ingredients. Over the years Terra Bistro has also lead the charge to embrace earth - friendly and humane values in operating our business. Our chef diligently seeks ingredients from sustainable sources and humane conditions. All seafood on our menu is Seafood Watch approved and/or a member of the CleanFish Alliance. Terra Bistro employs an in-house state-of-the art water purification and bottling system, which each year prevents thousands of bottles from entering our local landfill. We are also partnered with the Humane Society of the United States and the ProtectSeals campaign. World-renowned and a local favorite, Terra Bistro is a must for the green-conscious “foodie”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terra Bistro - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Terra Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (44)romantic (32)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (15)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best dinner in ages!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner here as part of restaurant week and it was the best meal I've had in ages! The duck leg confit was extraordinary. The accompanying risotto, figs and veggies all perfected the very generous meal. We are going bAck this week so my husband can order it rather than get tastes of mine. Each dining room wAs intimate and lovely Service was greAt though I noted a couple of items being delivered first to the wrong tables. The RW offered all entrees which was a great discount from their regular prices and was a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSydRDined on 9/27/2014We were there during Restaurant week in Vail so the menu was limited which was disappointing. But the meals that we did order were fabulous. We will definitely return at another time to sample other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manytablesDined on 9/27/2014this has always been a place that comes to mind quickly whenever we visit vailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceTravelforfunDined on 9/24/2014Food and servo was excellent. Very relaxed and comfortable. Best meal in VailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityHungrymanVIPDined on 9/22/2014The restaurant is all about quality, organic and delicious... We never pass an opportunity the eat there. Neither should you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had never been to Terra Bistro before after living in Vail for 2 years. I was very impressed with the menu selection, service and overall ambiance. Highly Recommended!Special Features:
- Exceptional always!anesdocno1Dined on 9/12/2014What a terrific restaurant.... one of our many visits over the years, and just as outstanding. Superb management and great service, not to mention wonderful food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Bistro, superb!travel4mealsDined on 9/9/2014On two occasions in one week I had the opportunity to dine at this fabulous restaurant. The first, a meeting of distant friends. We left the menu to the chef with only the stipulation that it be vegan. Excellence is all we received. Food, service, suggestions for wine, all were given expertly and added greatly to our dining experience. The second opportunity was hosting important clients. Again, the same attention to detail was provided. All my guests were quite satisfied from appetizers to dessert. The fact that the sommelier recommended something other than the most expensive bottle on the menu was mentioned and that the pairing complemented the food served. Yes, it's not somewhere for everynight, but definitely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & fun crew!RachelAnn0530Dined on 9/2/2014My husband and I are in Vail on a little pre-baby vacation. We went to Terra Bistro for a nice dinner. The prices were higher than we're used to back home, but the food was much better than anything we can find back home. The menu was diverse; our bread came with Indian Dahl that we enjoyed alongside a Japanese inspired appetizer. In fact the first two appetizers were so amazing that we ordered a third! Our wait staff was friendly and fun loving. They even wrote out 'Happy Babymoon' on our dessert in chocolate! It was well worth paying a little extra for an unforgettable meal and good evening at Terra Bistro to anyone who visits vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining hat Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The dining, ambiance, and service were top notch. Had a romantic dinner that rivals if not surpasses the best restaurants in Denver. First name service from Tony and his crew. Very, very, good. We will retun very time we are in Vail or anywhere close.Special Features:
- #1 VAIL--SKIP Sweet Basil--EAT HERERCSNYCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not just best in vail but best around the world I have traveled all over Western Europe, I live in NYC, and this is one of the best meals I have ever had Get anything on the menu, you won't be disappointed...the menu is seasonal so won't go into specifics, but I assure you - it's all delicious! Inventive, tasty cocktails are an added plus This is better than everyone's favorite Vail spot, Sweet BasilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- horrible serviceMorgsDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dinner but our server was not friendly at all and down right rude. It ruined the dining experience for us and I wouldn't recommend Terra Bistro to anyone because of it.Special Features:
- Always greatFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Terra Bistro is a great restaurant in the heart of Vail. If you are looking for something fit for foodies and healthy and embraces the farm to table movement, then Terra Bistro is the place. Not too stuffy, not too formal, but just the right amount of ambience without being pretentious. Tony, the front of the house is always so hospitable and welcoming. The food is amazing!! With many great dining options in Vail, I always keep coming back to Terra Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Nice setting. Food very good. Nothing really special but service was excellent and the food was prepared as ordered. Many nice restaurants in Vail and this is one of them.Special Features:
- FoodVaileating3Dined on 8/21/2014Beef was fatty and beet salad had way too many raw onions.Special Features:
- Excellentluvit1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our visit to Terra Bistro tonight was quite outstanding. Lovely entrees, creative sides and salads, and yummy desserts. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Review for Terra BistrotimdebDined on 8/13/2014We liked this restaurant. It was pretty loud, however. The food was quite good, except the short rib entree that I had was a very small portion, perhaps 2 ounces or so and fatty. At $38.00 I would not try that again. Service was very good. Most things lived to the claim of fresh and locally grown ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-dance dinnerLateSeviceVIPDined on 8/7/2014We chose the pre-dance special menu as we were headed to the amphitheater for the dance festival. We were quite pleased. The watermelon gazpacho, pork chop, and swordfish were all quite good. Our server was great, and his suggested wine was perfect. This restaurant is in a hotel, and doesn't have any special views or patio. But it is centrally located in Vail Village. We are likely to go there again in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableYNOTVIPDined on 8/5/2014One if the best in Vail valley. Tuna anything rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BitsieDined on 8/1/2014My trout was excellent with grilled kale. Others at table thought their kale prepared differently was too salty. Sommelier was excellent.Special Features:
- A must in VailOverseasvisitorDined on 8/1/2014Brilliant friendly service exceeded only by the superlative quality of our meals. Will come again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Great wine list, wonderful entree choices and exceptional service. Trout Caesar salad was a little bland. Ribeye was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceeat4healthDined on 7/29/2014Not one of the trendy places in Vail but we always return here for excellent food and service without all the pretense of some of the Vail hot spots. Several excellent fish dishes and a vegetarian entrée for non meat eaters.Special Features:
- Good food, Good wineWD43Dined on 7/25/2014Everything we had was very good. We took suggestions from the waitress and the sommelier and they did not steer us wrong.Special Features:
- Outstanding Vail restaurantluvit1VIPDined on 7/20/2014We greatly enjoyed our meal at Terra Bistro- some fascinating new dishes. It's always an adventure at this outstanding restaurant, though be prepared to dress in a most fashionable way or you risk snooty looks from other diners.Special Features:
- Dinner at Terra BistroNCDinerDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Terra Bistro on 7/18 during a visit to Vail. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced for the quality. The service was great and the location was perfect in Vail Village. We will dine at Terra Bistro again on our next trip to Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014I made a special request for a quiet table, which they provided, and then also checked back again to make sure it was okay. Great service!Special Features:
- Good but not greatMarianVIPDined on 7/12/2014Some dishes were very good; others seemed to have been thrown together without knowing how the ingredients would relate to one another. Service and ambiance were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticvailweekenderDined on 7/11/2014We had great food, great wine and great service. The staff recommended a bottle of wine we were not even considering and it was perfect (spot on). Food was also very very good. Great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Diner for 2NaplesNanaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Amazing dinner at Terra Bistro. The lamb ravioli with English peas was outstanding and my husband's ahi was cooked to perfection. Love they are organic and use local growers. A bit noisy due to the open concept but an attentive maître d reseated us after a large party arrived at a table close by. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close by to Concert venueLovetoeatDined on 7/7/2014The restaurant is inviting , tables are well spaced so that noise is kept to a minimu. Our server was knowledgeable Out the menu and food. There were 4 of us and all felt differently about their food. The top placed item Was the vegetarian entree with beets. My friend also enjoyed the pork chop which had excellent flavor, juicy Although wasn't sure about the strawberries with it. The remaining 2 entrees were the roast chicken and spicy shrimp neither of which would be recommended. The chicken was extremely dry as to were the shrimp w pasta. There are so many other choices in Vail!
- Very impressive!LCdenverDined on 7/5/2014I frequent Vail and have eaten at most of the fine establishments, but had somehow never made it to Terra Bistro until this weekend. It blew me away! I appreciate the conscious, local, organic emphasis of the menu and there is absolutely no sacrifice in flavor or quality to achieve this. Their bar and wine selection was tops. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. We brought with us friends from Vegas who commented that Terra Bistro rivaled some of the best world-class restaurants on the strip.Special Features:
- Fantasic food and drinks!weloveinspireddiningDined on 7/5/2014We went here for my husband's birthday and it was fantastic! Three of us met there for dinner, and all had different entrees and we all loved the dishes we selected. The Fair Lady gin drink was spectacular!!! The staff was stellar! Thanks for adding to our positive memories of vacationing in Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing menu changesColoradoDudeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Have been going to Terra Bistro for several years and have always been extremely satisfied with the menu offerings and the food, service and value. However, was very disappointed when I returned this summer with the menu. Many favorites of the past few years were removed. Found the new menu very limited and difficult to order from... Understand the need to change, but make the replacements as appetizing as the ones replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findEatfreshDined on 7/4/2014Delicious food, creative recipes. Very accommodating for special needs. Exceptional staff. Local and organic.Special Features:
- Great!DLBfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great food and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the mark this time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014We have been dining here for many years-- usually a very successful experience. The 4 of us (adults) dined here post-Ford Amphitheater concert. They ran out of orange-flavored vodka (that was important to 3 of the 4 since that is their drink of choice) but more importantly-- the food arrived way-less-than-warm-temperature wise. We all had to send our food back-- mine was actually toward "cold"! Service was good but they were definitely off-the-mark this time around. Will not be in a rush to return...
- Consistently Faboo!GourmandVIPDined on 7/2/2014Always great food. A little surprised at our waitress when she offered and I took her up on a 1/2 glass of wine. My friend ordered a full glass and by her misunderstanding, she brought a full glass for me. Instead of saying, "I'll only charge you for the half", she said, "drink half and then I'll charge you for half". Not exactly the "right answer"...it was her mistake. But I only drank half...and honestly, I forgot to check the bill. But other than that, everything else was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/1/2014Food and service were great…Waitress very knowledgeable about the menuI would recommend this to a friend.
- First bad experienceCuriousDined on 6/27/2014After several good experiences over the years, we had our first (very) bad experience at Terra Bistro. Though the restaurant was empty, we were assigned to a poorly-situated table next to a very loud large group. The food was mediocre at best. We are still perplexed by the choice of tables and the poorly prepared food. We have enjoyed Terra Bistro over the years, but will probably not be going back. Vail has too many good restaurants to choose from to make us want to take another chance after a bad experience at any one.