352 E. Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrabistrovail.com/
- Phone: 9704766836x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Our mountain room features a rustic decor with mountain views and can accommodate parties up to 34 people. In addition full or partial buy outs of our main dining room are available.
A word from Terra Bistro
Borrowing the Latin word for Earth in its name, Terra Bistro has been transforming whole foods into gourmet innovations for more than 17 years. Today, Terra Bistro is still considered a leader in the gourmet green movement. Our menus are 100% all – natural and our recipes utilize 85% to 100% certified organic ingredients. Over the years Terra Bistro has also lead the charge to embrace earth - friendly and humane values in operating our business. Our chef diligently seeks ingredients from sustainable sources and humane conditions. All seafood on our menu is Seafood Watch approved and/or a member of the CleanFish Alliance. Terra Bistro employs an in-house state-of-the art water purification and bottling system, which each year prevents thousands of bottles from entering our local landfill. We are also partnered with the Humane Society of the United States and the ProtectSeals campaign. World-renowned and a local favorite, Terra Bistro is a must for the green-conscious “foodie”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terra Bistro - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Terra Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (52)romantic (35)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Exceptional Once Again!SaucyItalianVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my third time dining at Terra Bistro and each time it has been outstanding. Wine, bread, excellent entrees, and the delicious brussel sprouts left us happy but too full for dessert, bummer. This is a wonderful restaurant and the food is exceptional. Thank you for using such fresh, organic ingredients. Our favorite meal ever is at a restaurant in Santa Fe, but my boyfriend said Terra Bistro just moved into 1st place. Wow, yes, it really is that amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fall CelebrationValuefoodieDined on 10/13/2014Had a party of 9 & TBistro put us at a round table. So nice b/c the group could have one conversation vs. women at one end and guys at the other. We were too loud and felt bad for the couples trying to have a romantic dinner. Still the food, beverages and service were fabulous. Plus they let us hang out at our table after we were done without feeling pressured. It was nice to have 50% off entrees for the Fall specials too. Still a big bill but not like in ski season. Great place and very consistent over the years.Special Features:
- Innovative cusineFoodieGalDined on 10/8/2014Ahi tuna, chicken oysters and wagyu tri tip were all excellent. Good wine selection by the glass. Located in vail spa across from the parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Terra BistroJessDined on 10/4/2014We went to Terra Bistro to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Since we stayed at the Vail Mountain Lodge, it was so convenient. The staff was very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing and we will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:
- grtfoodDined on 10/4/2014Terra Bistro continues to be one of the to[ restaurants in Vail Village-and that's saying a lot.Special Features:
- Simply PerfectTRayDined on 10/3/2014The food, first. Amazing dishes, inventive, delicious. Service was professional but laid back, an upscale but comfortable experience. Warm and stylish decor. Here for Restaurant Week and this was the highlight of our dining experience. One of the best restaurant experiences ever.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and cocktailsSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/3/2014Terra Bistro consistently delivers fabulous food. And now their cocktails are over the top because Ben is making his own ginger brew, apple cider and grape soda. We tried several cocktails that used Ben's mixers, and they were all stellar. To start we had the smoked trout Caesar salad and the pork belly. Both were served beautifully and were filled with flavor that even the garnish was memorable! For dinner, on a tip from our great waitperson Deanna, we had the wagyu tri-tip and the duck leg confit -- and we agreed we'd order both again in a heartbeat. Terra Bistro is one of the few restaurants in Vail (as well as all of Colorado) where you can count on the consistency of the experience being at the top of the list.Special Features:
- DisappointedFargoDined on 9/29/2014The food was alright but was shocked when we recd our bill and was charged because my partner asked for more sauce for his entree.my wine tasted like it had been opened too longSpecial Features:
- Best dinner in ages!SallydinedVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner here as part of restaurant week and it was the best meal I've had in ages! The duck leg confit was extraordinary. The accompanying risotto, figs and veggies all perfected the very generous meal. We are going bAck this week so my husband can order it rather than get tastes of mine. Each dining room wAs intimate and lovely Service was greAt though I noted a couple of items being delivered first to the wrong tables. The RW offered all entrees which was a great discount from their regular prices and was a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSydRDined on 9/27/2014We were there during Restaurant week in Vail so the menu was limited which was disappointing. But the meals that we did order were fabulous. We will definitely return at another time to sample other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLivingDined on 9/27/2014Been going to Vail for 15 years but never dined at Terra Bistro. This trip we decided to try new places. I'm glad we did. Terra Bistro will now be on our regular visits. Our server, Marjean....the BEST. We will be asking for her in the future. The duck and pork were both excellant choices.Special Features:
- manytablesDined on 9/27/2014this has always been a place that comes to mind quickly whenever we visit vailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceTravelforfunDined on 9/24/2014Food and servo was excellent. Very relaxed and comfortable. Best meal in VailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityHungrymanVIPDined on 9/22/2014The restaurant is all about quality, organic and delicious... We never pass an opportunity the eat there. Neither should you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had never been to Terra Bistro before after living in Vail for 2 years. I was very impressed with the menu selection, service and overall ambiance. Highly Recommended!Special Features:
- Exceptional always!anesdocno1Dined on 9/12/2014What a terrific restaurant.... one of our many visits over the years, and just as outstanding. Superb management and great service, not to mention wonderful food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Bistro, superb!travel4mealsDined on 9/9/2014On two occasions in one week I had the opportunity to dine at this fabulous restaurant. The first, a meeting of distant friends. We left the menu to the chef with only the stipulation that it be vegan. Excellence is all we received. Food, service, suggestions for wine, all were given expertly and added greatly to our dining experience. The second opportunity was hosting important clients. Again, the same attention to detail was provided. All my guests were quite satisfied from appetizers to dessert. The fact that the sommelier recommended something other than the most expensive bottle on the menu was mentioned and that the pairing complemented the food served. Yes, it's not somewhere for everynight, but definitely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & fun crew!RachelAnn0530Dined on 9/2/2014My husband and I are in Vail on a little pre-baby vacation. We went to Terra Bistro for a nice dinner. The prices were higher than we're used to back home, but the food was much better than anything we can find back home. The menu was diverse; our bread came with Indian Dahl that we enjoyed alongside a Japanese inspired appetizer. In fact the first two appetizers were so amazing that we ordered a third! Our wait staff was friendly and fun loving. They even wrote out 'Happy Babymoon' on our dessert in chocolate! It was well worth paying a little extra for an unforgettable meal and good evening at Terra Bistro to anyone who visits vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining hat Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The dining, ambiance, and service were top notch. Had a romantic dinner that rivals if not surpasses the best restaurants in Denver. First name service from Tony and his crew. Very, very, good. We will retun very time we are in Vail or anywhere close.Special Features:
- #1 VAIL--SKIP Sweet Basil--EAT HERERCSNYCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not just best in vail but best around the world I have traveled all over Western Europe, I live in NYC, and this is one of the best meals I have ever had Get anything on the menu, you won't be disappointed...the menu is seasonal so won't go into specifics, but I assure you - it's all delicious! Inventive, tasty cocktails are an added plus This is better than everyone's favorite Vail spot, Sweet BasilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- horrible serviceMorgsDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dinner but our server was not friendly at all and down right rude. It ruined the dining experience for us and I wouldn't recommend Terra Bistro to anyone because of it.Special Features:
- Always greatFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Terra Bistro is a great restaurant in the heart of Vail. If you are looking for something fit for foodies and healthy and embraces the farm to table movement, then Terra Bistro is the place. Not too stuffy, not too formal, but just the right amount of ambience without being pretentious. Tony, the front of the house is always so hospitable and welcoming. The food is amazing!! With many great dining options in Vail, I always keep coming back to Terra Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Nice setting. Food very good. Nothing really special but service was excellent and the food was prepared as ordered. Many nice restaurants in Vail and this is one of them.Special Features:
- FoodVaileating3Dined on 8/21/2014Beef was fatty and beet salad had way too many raw onions.Special Features:
- Excellentluvit1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our visit to Terra Bistro tonight was quite outstanding. Lovely entrees, creative sides and salads, and yummy desserts. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Review for Terra BistrotimdebDined on 8/13/2014We liked this restaurant. It was pretty loud, however. The food was quite good, except the short rib entree that I had was a very small portion, perhaps 2 ounces or so and fatty. At $38.00 I would not try that again. Service was very good. Most things lived to the claim of fresh and locally grown ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-dance dinnerLateSeviceVIPDined on 8/7/2014We chose the pre-dance special menu as we were headed to the amphitheater for the dance festival. We were quite pleased. The watermelon gazpacho, pork chop, and swordfish were all quite good. Our server was great, and his suggested wine was perfect. This restaurant is in a hotel, and doesn't have any special views or patio. But it is centrally located in Vail Village. We are likely to go there again in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableYNOTVIPDined on 8/5/2014One if the best in Vail valley. Tuna anything rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BitsieDined on 8/1/2014My trout was excellent with grilled kale. Others at table thought their kale prepared differently was too salty. Sommelier was excellent.Special Features:
- A must in VailOverseasvisitorDined on 8/1/2014Brilliant friendly service exceeded only by the superlative quality of our meals. Will come again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Great wine list, wonderful entree choices and exceptional service. Trout Caesar salad was a little bland. Ribeye was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceeat4healthDined on 7/29/2014Not one of the trendy places in Vail but we always return here for excellent food and service without all the pretense of some of the Vail hot spots. Several excellent fish dishes and a vegetarian entrée for non meat eaters.Special Features:
- Good food, Good wineWD43Dined on 7/25/2014Everything we had was very good. We took suggestions from the waitress and the sommelier and they did not steer us wrong.Special Features:
- Outstanding Vail restaurantluvit1VIPDined on 7/20/2014We greatly enjoyed our meal at Terra Bistro- some fascinating new dishes. It's always an adventure at this outstanding restaurant, though be prepared to dress in a most fashionable way or you risk snooty looks from other diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Horrible service. The maitre de in this restaurant is the rudest I have ever encountered and ruins the experience of this restaurant. Once one of the greatest restaurants in Vail but now has become just a tourist factory.
- Dinner at Terra BistroNCDinerDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Terra Bistro on 7/18 during a visit to Vail. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced for the quality. The service was great and the location was perfect in Vail Village. We will dine at Terra Bistro again on our next trip to Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014I made a special request for a quiet table, which they provided, and then also checked back again to make sure it was okay. Great service!Special Features:
- Good but not greatMarianVIPDined on 7/12/2014Some dishes were very good; others seemed to have been thrown together without knowing how the ingredients would relate to one another. Service and ambiance were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticvailweekenderDined on 7/11/2014We had great food, great wine and great service. The staff recommended a bottle of wine we were not even considering and it was perfect (spot on). Food was also very very good. Great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Diner for 2NaplesNanaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Amazing dinner at Terra Bistro. The lamb ravioli with English peas was outstanding and my husband's ahi was cooked to perfection. Love they are organic and use local growers. A bit noisy due to the open concept but an attentive maître d reseated us after a large party arrived at a table close by. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.