352 E. Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrabistrovail.com/
- Phone: (970) 476-6836
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Our mountain room features a rustic decor with mountain views and can accommodate parties up to 34 people. In addition full or partial buy outs of our main dining room are available.
A word from Terra Bistro
Borrowing the Latin word for Earth in its name, Terra Bistro has been transforming whole foods into gourmet innovations for more than 17 years. Today, Terra Bistro is still considered a leader in the gourmet green movement. Our menus are 100% all – natural and our recipes utilize 85% to 100% certified organic ingredients. Over the years Terra Bistro has also lead the charge to embrace earth - friendly and humane values in operating our business. Our chef diligently seeks ingredients from sustainable sources and humane conditions. All seafood on our menu is Seafood Watch approved and/or a member of the CleanFish Alliance. Terra Bistro employs an in-house state-of-the art water purification and bottling system, which each year prevents thousands of bottles from entering our local landfill. We are also partnered with the Humane Society of the United States and the ProtectSeals campaign. World-renowned and a local favorite, Terra Bistro is a must for the green-conscious “foodie”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terra Bistro - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Terra Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (56)romantic (37)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Four of us had 4 different appetizer and main course meals. Each one was incredible and we all agreed one of the best dinners we had experienced in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeikiDined on 11/14/2014Absolutely Delicious And lovely, attentive,friendly and sweet service. Dynamite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morandcVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent dinner duirng Vail's low season. Super service & great menu selections. Continue to be amazed by the Chef's imagination as he designs his entree's. Remains our favorite restaurant in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the duck confitSushiLoverVIPDined on 11/8/2014If you're hungry, go for the Vitality Salad and the Pork Belly appetizers. Then follow up with the grilled trout or duck confit. The bananas dessert (can't remember the name) is a perfect ending. And if you're into cocktails, try the Velvet Elvis with house-made grape soda. The bar manager also makes his own ginger brew which is to die for. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!peterblissDined on 11/8/2014Great service from a knowledgeable staff and an interesting menu with well presented ingredients. if you like modern, healthy food served beautifully, this place is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service and atmosphereDnvrtrvlrVIPDined on 11/7/2014Even wIth so many dining options in Vail,Terra Bistro is not to be missed. Great service from greeting to bartender to table. Pork chop was superbly tender, cooked to perfect medium. Chef easily accommodated dairy allergy by subbing in chipolte sweet potato hash for mashed. Crispy lemon Brussels sprouts were incredible. Tri-tip was well seasoned and juicy. Arugula salad with well balanced vinaigrette and sweet pralines was not to be missed! Service was impeccable from the moment we entered although our reservation was not honored for 20 minutes after arrival. Convivial bartender and host saved the day by making sure we were comfortable while we waited and waived usual $3 bottle charge for soarkling water. Great off-season deals right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & big value in off seasonpaigeappleVIPDined on 11/3/2014On a snowy night, Terra Bistro had a nice hum of activity in an off season. Food was tasty, service welcoming and attentive. Even better, in the mud season it is a great bargainSpecial Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionConnieMaeDined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed the restaurant because it was not crowded and noisy. The food was very special, and the tuna was awesome. We received special treatment and appreciated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd MenuleftyvailDined on 10/28/2014This is the place where underdog food and spices go to be used. Cauliflower, brussel sprouts, lentils....all the things you can't get your kids to eat are cornerstones of each dish. I had to go through the menu three times to find an entree that appealed and wasn't spoiled by one additive or another. The salmon appetizer was fishy tasting. The mussel dish was stingy on mussels. I ordered ahi tuna which was smothered in coriander. There were so many different flavors that my simple taste buds were overwhelmed. I am glad that we hit this place when they were offering 50% off entrees. Even at that reduction, I found it overpriced.Special Features:
- Best duck confit on the planetSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/26/2014I will preface this review by saying that all of the dishes on TB's menu are top-notch. But the duck confit takes the cake in my opinion. The risotto and fresh figs pair perfectly with the crispy duck fat and tender leg meat. The broccolini adds that bit of crunch your mouth always craves. For a treat, order the chocolate molten for dessert (if you have room!).Special Features:
- Way to make it rightJVC2112Dined on 10/25/2014It was our anniversary and we were excited to try out Terra Bistro. Our table was not ready yet so we belied up to the bar. Although not that crowded, we were invisible to the two bartenders. After what seemed like forever, the GM came over and immediately apologized and had us seated. Then our evening took a turn for the best. The staff took great care of us throughout the evening. The sommelier found the last bottle of a certain wine for us. The appetizers were awesome; Grilled Spanish Octopus and the House Sprouted Quinoa. Our entrees, we ordered the Crispy Duck Leg Confit and Grilled Australian Wagyu Tri-Tip. WOW!! We did not order dessert but they surprised us with a special plate with Happy Anniversary written on it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Bistro is my Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/23/2014Terra Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in the Vail Valley. They are one of the few that actually change their menu significantly. Rob does a fabulous job as the Manager and the rest of the staff are warm and professional. We had a great meal!Special Features:
- Exceptional Once Again!SaucyItalianVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my third time dining at Terra Bistro and each time it has been outstanding. Wine, bread, excellent entrees, and the delicious brussel sprouts left us happy but too full for dessert, bummer. This is a wonderful restaurant and the food is exceptional. Thank you for using such fresh, organic ingredients. Our favorite meal ever is at a restaurant in Santa Fe, but my boyfriend said Terra Bistro just moved into 1st place. Wow, yes, it really is that amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fall CelebrationValuefoodieDined on 10/13/2014Had a party of 9 & TBistro put us at a round table. So nice b/c the group could have one conversation vs. women at one end and guys at the other. We were too loud and felt bad for the couples trying to have a romantic dinner. Still the food, beverages and service were fabulous. Plus they let us hang out at our table after we were done without feeling pressured. It was nice to have 50% off entrees for the Fall specials too. Still a big bill but not like in ski season. Great place and very consistent over the years.Special Features:
- Innovative cusineFoodieGalDined on 10/8/2014Ahi tuna, chicken oysters and wagyu tri tip were all excellent. Good wine selection by the glass. Located in vail spa across from the parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Terra BistroJessDined on 10/4/2014We went to Terra Bistro to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Since we stayed at the Vail Mountain Lodge, it was so convenient. The staff was very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing and we will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:
- grtfoodDined on 10/4/2014Terra Bistro continues to be one of the to[ restaurants in Vail Village-and that's saying a lot.Special Features:
- Simply PerfectTRayDined on 10/3/2014The food, first. Amazing dishes, inventive, delicious. Service was professional but laid back, an upscale but comfortable experience. Warm and stylish decor. Here for Restaurant Week and this was the highlight of our dining experience. One of the best restaurant experiences ever.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and cocktailsSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/3/2014Terra Bistro consistently delivers fabulous food. And now their cocktails are over the top because Ben is making his own ginger brew, apple cider and grape soda. We tried several cocktails that used Ben's mixers, and they were all stellar. To start we had the smoked trout Caesar salad and the pork belly. Both were served beautifully and were filled with flavor that even the garnish was memorable! For dinner, on a tip from our great waitperson Deanna, we had the wagyu tri-tip and the duck leg confit -- and we agreed we'd order both again in a heartbeat. Terra Bistro is one of the few restaurants in Vail (as well as all of Colorado) where you can count on the consistency of the experience being at the top of the list.Special Features:
- DisappointedFargoDined on 9/29/2014The food was alright but was shocked when we recd our bill and was charged because my partner asked for more sauce for his entree.my wine tasted like it had been opened too longSpecial Features:
- Best dinner in ages!SallydinedVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner here as part of restaurant week and it was the best meal I've had in ages! The duck leg confit was extraordinary. The accompanying risotto, figs and veggies all perfected the very generous meal. We are going bAck this week so my husband can order it rather than get tastes of mine. Each dining room wAs intimate and lovely Service was greAt though I noted a couple of items being delivered first to the wrong tables. The RW offered all entrees which was a great discount from their regular prices and was a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSydRDined on 9/27/2014We were there during Restaurant week in Vail so the menu was limited which was disappointing. But the meals that we did order were fabulous. We will definitely return at another time to sample other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLivingDined on 9/27/2014Been going to Vail for 15 years but never dined at Terra Bistro. This trip we decided to try new places. I'm glad we did. Terra Bistro will now be on our regular visits. Our server, Marjean....the BEST. We will be asking for her in the future. The duck and pork were both excellant choices.Special Features:
- manytablesDined on 9/27/2014this has always been a place that comes to mind quickly whenever we visit vailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceTravelforfunDined on 9/24/2014Food and servo was excellent. Very relaxed and comfortable. Best meal in VailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityHungrymanVIPDined on 9/22/2014The restaurant is all about quality, organic and delicious... We never pass an opportunity the eat there. Neither should you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had never been to Terra Bistro before after living in Vail for 2 years. I was very impressed with the menu selection, service and overall ambiance. Highly Recommended!Special Features:
- Exceptional always!anesdocno1Dined on 9/12/2014What a terrific restaurant.... one of our many visits over the years, and just as outstanding. Superb management and great service, not to mention wonderful food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra Bistro, superb!travel4mealsDined on 9/9/2014On two occasions in one week I had the opportunity to dine at this fabulous restaurant. The first, a meeting of distant friends. We left the menu to the chef with only the stipulation that it be vegan. Excellence is all we received. Food, service, suggestions for wine, all were given expertly and added greatly to our dining experience. The second opportunity was hosting important clients. Again, the same attention to detail was provided. All my guests were quite satisfied from appetizers to dessert. The fact that the sommelier recommended something other than the most expensive bottle on the menu was mentioned and that the pairing complemented the food served. Yes, it's not somewhere for everynight, but definitely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & fun crew!RachelAnn0530Dined on 9/2/2014My husband and I are in Vail on a little pre-baby vacation. We went to Terra Bistro for a nice dinner. The prices were higher than we're used to back home, but the food was much better than anything we can find back home. The menu was diverse; our bread came with Indian Dahl that we enjoyed alongside a Japanese inspired appetizer. In fact the first two appetizers were so amazing that we ordered a third! Our wait staff was friendly and fun loving. They even wrote out 'Happy Babymoon' on our dessert in chocolate! It was well worth paying a little extra for an unforgettable meal and good evening at Terra Bistro to anyone who visits vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining hat Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The dining, ambiance, and service were top notch. Had a romantic dinner that rivals if not surpasses the best restaurants in Denver. First name service from Tony and his crew. Very, very, good. We will retun very time we are in Vail or anywhere close.Special Features:
- #1 VAIL--SKIP Sweet Basil--EAT HERERCSNYCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not just best in vail but best around the world I have traveled all over Western Europe, I live in NYC, and this is one of the best meals I have ever had Get anything on the menu, you won't be disappointed...the menu is seasonal so won't go into specifics, but I assure you - it's all delicious! Inventive, tasty cocktails are an added plus This is better than everyone's favorite Vail spot, Sweet BasilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- horrible serviceMorgsDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dinner but our server was not friendly at all and down right rude. It ruined the dining experience for us and I wouldn't recommend Terra Bistro to anyone because of it.Special Features:
- Always greatFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Terra Bistro is a great restaurant in the heart of Vail. If you are looking for something fit for foodies and healthy and embraces the farm to table movement, then Terra Bistro is the place. Not too stuffy, not too formal, but just the right amount of ambience without being pretentious. Tony, the front of the house is always so hospitable and welcoming. The food is amazing!! With many great dining options in Vail, I always keep coming back to Terra Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Nice setting. Food very good. Nothing really special but service was excellent and the food was prepared as ordered. Many nice restaurants in Vail and this is one of them.Special Features:
- FoodVaileating3Dined on 8/21/2014Beef was fatty and beet salad had way too many raw onions.Special Features:
- Excellentluvit1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our visit to Terra Bistro tonight was quite outstanding. Lovely entrees, creative sides and salads, and yummy desserts. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Review for Terra BistrotimdebDined on 8/13/2014We liked this restaurant. It was pretty loud, however. The food was quite good, except the short rib entree that I had was a very small portion, perhaps 2 ounces or so and fatty. At $38.00 I would not try that again. Service was very good. Most things lived to the claim of fresh and locally grown ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-dance dinnerLateSeviceVIPDined on 8/7/2014We chose the pre-dance special menu as we were headed to the amphitheater for the dance festival. We were quite pleased. The watermelon gazpacho, pork chop, and swordfish were all quite good. Our server was great, and his suggested wine was perfect. This restaurant is in a hotel, and doesn't have any special views or patio. But it is centrally located in Vail Village. We are likely to go there again in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableYNOTVIPDined on 8/5/2014One if the best in Vail valley. Tuna anything rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.