Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado
198 State Road 592
Santa Fe, NM 87506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/santafe/dining/restaurants/terra/
- Phone: 5059465800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Cooper
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado
The Terra menus draw on local techniques and organic seasonal produce, utilizing the finest ingredients to create memorable regional cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Start Good Finish PoorChairreviewDined on 9/25/2014Our service started out good and then finished with a flop. We ordered coffee with desert and finished our dessert and still no coffee. Waited and still no coffee, finally canceled coffee and had to finally ask for our check. We left disappointed. The food was ok, but lacked real flavor. My husband had the brick chicken which was totally flavorless. My filet was good, but the chili sauce was nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Many of the tables in this restaurant have a fantastic view of the mountains at sunset, especially the outdoor seating. Overall, food and service were excellent with 1 exception. We had a tuna dish with southwest seasonings. The seasonings did not seem to be a good match for the fish.Special Features:
- Upscale and imaginativeBroadwayBaby1209Dined on 8/22/2014We chose this restaurant for lunch to get out of the pandemonium that is Santa Fe Indian Market weekend (we love the market; different story). The restaurant was pleasantly serene, as if its designers remember that grownups actually like to talk to each other. That said, we chose a kid-like meal, a hot dog. It came as a scrumptious piece of work, its trimmings a meal in themselves. The bread service was excellent--chile-laced biscuits. All in all, I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldtimerOldtimerDined on 8/12/2014Continues to improve...beautiful sunset place, food and service still improving but one of the best in Santa Fe area... Four Seasons has made a vast improvement over the startup venue several years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTakeAllFourSeasonsDined on 8/9/2014I really like eating at The Four Seasons, whether I am in Santa Fe or Philadelphia. Our Pre-Opera Special meal was terrific. We started with crab cake appetizers that were delicate and savory and didn't overwhelm us with filler as many other restaurants would tend to do. Our main course was scallops prepared in a wonderful sauce with just the right amount of vegetables accompanying the entree. Finally, the meal was completed with an crunchy ice cream like dessert that complemented the meal just right. The meal was also accompanied with a German Riesling and sparking water to complete our great experience. This was the best meal that we ate during our two weeks in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Memorable evening.LendanDined on 8/5/2014We were celebrating our birthdays and our anniversary. Our server was extremely friendly and knowledgable. We went with the Chef's Journey, a multi-course meal of the chef's choosing. We had 7 incredible courses which just seemed to get better with each course. About halfway through the chef came to greet us and explain the dishes. Dinner ended with an amazing dessert of five different chocolate tastings. The chef even wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on each of our plates and came out again to thank us and to personally congratulate us. Everyone made our special night very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe resort diningcnalscVIPDined on 7/29/2014Terra is located at the Four Seasons Encantado resort 8 miles north of Santa Fe. We came in for a pre-opera dinner. We were promptly seated; although the dining room was busier than it was at this time last year, the experience has not changed much. Sorely missed is the iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing, bacon & tomatoes; the strawberry salad was an interesting combination of greens and berries. Both the poached chicken and the herb crusted bass were enormous in size, with vegetables and potatoes also on the plate. Service was efficient and correct and got us out the door in plenty of time to make the opera performance. As always, the view was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014The whole experience didn't seem like a four seasons property and the food was just not good. The flat iron steak had way too much smoke and when we substituted for the mushroom chicken, it was overdone on the mushroom flavoring....nothing subtle here. Ambiance nice but would not recommend this restaurant.
- Opera specialCrazAnnDined on 7/26/2014Terra has a 3 course special for pre-Opera fans. There were 3 choices for each course, and our group tried every one. All the choices were excellent. Waitstaff was very attentive. Sat outside, which was very comfortable. And quieter than inside where a large group dined. Had to leave for Opera, so missed the sunset, but our table would have been perfect for seeing a gorgeous Santa Fe sunset. We ate at 6:30 pm, no crowds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014The presentation and, most important, the flavor of the cuisine was excellent. I had a superb blackened tuna, and my wife and I shared a fantastic churro dessrt. Somewhat overpriced, I presumebecause of the spa/resort location. Very nice of the Executive Chef to come out and speak with us during the meal.
- RioinNjVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very good food and great ambience. We had a delicious dinner watching a beautiful sunset. Nothing can beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb TastingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014We ordered the five-course tasting - but really there were seven courses...soup appetizer and sweet dessert were served, but not included in the five. Each serving was rich in flavor and presentation. A sensual delight. On course four, Chef Andrew Cooper served it himself. We enjoyed a lively discussion with him whereupon he invited us to tour the kitchen when finished with dinner. A much unexpected treat! An absolute gourmet feast, featuring the best dishes a top-notch chef has to offer.Special Features:
- Not memorable mealNNSWEDEDined on 6/19/2014The wait staff are very professional and attentive. The spring salad and cheese biscuits are excellent. The sour dough is awful and the tomato bread is salty. The salmon, ribs, and side orders are average. The desert selection is terrible. More attention needs to be made to the cleanliness of the ice tea carafe.
- Wonerful!sengaseneDined on 6/19/2014This is a fantastic venue and since the Four Seasons' has taken over the property, the food and service have improved to a just about perfect level. It is a real treat and a most enjoyable experience. The food selection is well balanced - not too foodie but all very tasty and well prepared. The ambiance and the surroundings are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, Food just okfaujaDined on 6/19/2014Staff was very nice, but the food left us a little disappointed. We started off with the Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad -the greens were fresh but the dressing was unmemorable. Our entree's were the Vegetarian Gnocchi and 'Mushroom Steak' -again the food was fresh but both dishes lacked character and the kind of flavor that brings the food to life. Overall just muttled together -It wasn't bad, wasn't great, just ok. The Gnocchi was cooked well, but the sauce lacked the bouquet of flavors that one would expect and the taste was all a bit muttled together with no defining characteristic. The Mushroom Steak again lacked the right balance to really bring out the flavor in the mushrooms and the potatoes on the side were just potatoes.Special Features:
- Loved it!TtugsterDined on 6/14/2014We will definitely come back. My husband ordered the chef's journey 5 course tasting menu. I ordered the trout. All excellent. Some of the best prepared fish I have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View always goodWER2014Dined on 6/14/2014The view and the food are always great. However, the service is always sub par. We don't go here more often singly because of the slow and inattentive service.Special Features:
- Nothing Specialjayski45VIPDined on 6/11/2014Decent service with mediocre food in an overpriced resort. That pretty well sums it up...
- The following 283 reviews are from the Terra @ Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado reviews archive.
- 5 Stars for Food. 1 Star AmbiencelsquaredVIPDined on 5/30/2014Started with a great experience at the bar, where our bartender served our single malt with a sphere ice cube made in a cool contraption. Truffle popcorn bar snack was addictive! We moved to the dining room for dinner, where we were seated outside to enjoy the sunset views. All was going well until a family with two small toddlers was seated next to us, toys were thrown, kids screaming, running around the terrace and into us...staff was unphased , but this ruined the ambience & dinner for us. Food was good. Sea Bass with olive mashed potatoes and Grilled Salmon was also tasty. Sorbet trio was amazing, the blood orange and grape were outstanding. Four Seasons should seat families separately from other diners at dinner!!!Special Features:
- TerraGooeyhooeyVIPDined on 5/4/2014Very good food, exceptional service. The only negative, one evening of two, was a family with a small child who yelled and screamed throughout our meal. It was disruptive and resulted in the meal being less than delightful. Shame on the parents, and shame on the restaurant manager.Special Features:
- Great foodDannyDined on 4/24/2014Wonderful setting, great view, and very excellent food, with the ability of the chef to 'mix & match' upon request. A real cudo for the chef!Special Features:
- High Desert GemDesertgamDined on 4/22/2014As Santa Fe locals we always depend on the amazing setting, professional, friendly service and outstanding menu at Terra to make us feel like we are on vacation! I highly recommend having drinks on the outdoor patio during sunset to take full advantage of Terra and the Four Seasons dramatic setting.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencefreestyle184Dined on 4/17/2014The food here was fantastic, and the view and service were exceptional as well.Special Features:
- Our experience was quite niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Our experience was quite nice and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The view is amazing. We enjoyed our selections as they were beautifully presented and particularly enjoyed my kale and beet salad and the flatiron steak. Wish there had been room for dessert as the choices looked decadent and wonderful. Next time we shall save room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and excellent foodPogoVIPDined on 4/8/2014The service was truly outstanding, and a pleasant change from some of the upper end Santa Fe restaurants that can't seem to figure out who has the soup and who has the salad. The food was also very good to excellent, but we were a bit disappointed by the limited menu. One would expect greater menu choices at a resort 20 minutes from anything. The Iconoclast wine specially made for Four Seasons is an excellent wine and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulJessieDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food. Excellent setting and service. A must Go place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Great experience. Staff from chef down were extraordianarySpecial Features:
- Happy 66th BirthdayApril1Dined on 3/31/2014Oh my goodness! What a fantastic restaurant to celebrate my 66th birthday! We were allowed to choose our table and sat near the window and fireplace so we could watch the sunset. And what an gorgeous experience that was. Bernadine made sure the sun was out of our eyes and then adjusted the shade as the sun went down. The evening sunset was phenomenal. She brought bread, filled our water and was ever present without hovering. Our waiter was Michael - obviously a real pro at high end dining. Ruben the chef came over to our table twice to inquire about our food and offer anything else we needed. After we left, my husband said, "This is my new favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. We will be back for our anniversary this summer!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but not greathungryDined on 3/1/2014Very good service from valet, to bar to restaurant. All prices ramped up from Santa Fe, so everything has a bit of a sticker shock to it. This is fine if the food was extraordinary, but it was not. Sometimes when dining for Restaurant week, some places either seemed overwhelmed, or they just don't try as hard as when you are paying the regular menu prices. This experience seemed to reflect the latter,and the wines were very overpriced. We chose to 'upgrade' on the first course and dessert. Not sure it was worth it. The pastry chef seems to have the best training in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Some Hits, Some MissesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/27/2014Granted, Restaurant Week may not be the best time to visit a venue, The so-called prix fixe menu had so many supplemental charges, it would have been difficult to have dinner for $40. Apart from that, there were some clear hits (amazing cheese biscuits, excellent crab cakes) and some real disappointments. The tempura avocado served with the crab cakes brought the appetizer down by being leaden and tasteless (why do that to an avocado?) The foie gras with scallops entree was a complete misstep, the foie gras overpowered the scallops, and the duck ravioli, while delicious, seemed to belong in another entree along with the foie gras and port-infused cherries, perhaps. The chocolate souffle was excellent, with chili in the creme anglaise.Special Features:
- Chef Andrew is awesome!!!SexychefDined on 2/25/2014My wife and I had an incredible experience at terra! I can't recommend it more! It was one of the greatest meals I've had sense I was in culinary school in N.Y. The flavor combinations were unusual and inspired,consistently new and fresh. All the small details weren't overlooked. Made me jealous every thing was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4.5 starsTesuquwVIPDined on 2/25/2014We had dined at Terra many times and have had great and not so great experiences. During Restaurant week in Santa Fe, we dined at Terra after a delightful cooking class with Chef Cooper. The Prix Fix Menu was embellished with some extras off of the regular menu making the selection very rich. Chef Cooper uses fresh seasonal ingredients in all his dishes. The food was extraordinary this time. Chef made the rounds to each table which is very welcoming for guests. I would highly recommend dining here, but try and get by at Sunset as even the local who do not have a commanding view of the Rio Grande Valley come over to enjoy the fabulous New Mexico Sunset.Special Features:
- The reason recipes have aMaxxVIPDined on 2/23/2014The reason recipes have a name (eg, fried chicken, creme brulee, etc.) is so that diners know what to expect. What I got for dessert most certainly was not creme brulee, and it wasn't good. Very disappointing dining experience.
- Dinner with friends...WadeDined on 2/22/2014Drinks in the stylish bar which offered comfortable, conversation friendly seating. Then on to a well-positioned table to enjoy a wonderful fixed price meal which offered numerous choices for each course. Each item the four of us ordered was artfully presented, well-prepared and delicious. The meal also included wine and the choices were excellent. The service was attentive but not hovering in both the bar and dining room. A wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Just OKLifeIsTooShortDined on 2/15/2014Our dinner was OK, at best. We expected better from a Four Seasons. With so many fine restaurants in Santa Fe, we see no reason to return to Terra anytime soon. How do you make a tasteless shortrib?
- Scallops and wineVahlDined on 2/13/2014Delicious high end eatery. The soup won best in Santa Fe. Scallops were cooked perfectly with a light sauce so as. Not to mask the taste. Schug Pinot noir was great. I'd like to have a better bread. A nice fano or sage would have been nice but not too big a concern. Substituted a glass of scotch for the desert. Service was excellent and ambience is as good as it getsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch & Fair dinnernordicaVIPDined on 2/13/2014We had two meals in Terra the week of Valentine's, including the Valentine's prix fix dinner. The dinner was very disappointing for numerous reasons, but the lunch was quite good. Enjoy Terra when there are no special events to distract the kitchen and staff and the food can be quite good and the service nice. However, when there is an event at the hotel...buyer beware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday dinner!FoodiesDined on 1/29/2014My husband and I dined at Terra to celebrate my birthday. It was our first time dining there and it was a wonderful dining experience. The food was great...the staff was not only extremely attentive but the chef came out personally and talked with us. He also sent out a fabulous desert for each my husband and myself!! I will definitely go back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/19/2014Great opportunity to get off the beaten path for a great meal and even better views.Special Features:
- We expected this restaurantnoneVIPDined on 11/29/2013We expected this restaurant to be over the top excellent. It was not. There are many places in Santa Fe that deliver a higher quality dining experience at a lower price. Everything at Terra was very good and we enjoyed our dinner but we can not say it met our expectations for a Four Seasons location and for the reputation that it has. Would we return? Probably not, particularly since we would have to drive past Geronimo, Restaurant Martin, El Piatto, Luminaria and others to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.