20 Elm Street
North Reading, MA 01864Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teresaseatery.com/prime/
- Phone: (978) 276-0044 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Tues - Thurs 4 pm - 11 pm
Fri - Sat 4 pm - Midnight
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Yebba Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Teresa's Prime
North Shores Finest! Teresa’s Prime. North shores newest & unique upscale steak house, offering a wide selection of fine Brandt Prime Beef and the freshest seafood dishes. A select menu that will delight the most discriminating pallet. Teresa’s offers an extensive selection of the world’s finest wines. Together with unparalleled service and a breath taking atmosphere. All Making Teresa’s Prime, North Shores finest dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Teresa's Prime - Best Restaurants in North Reading ›
Teresa's Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- One of my favorites !DocjrsVIPDined on 11/20/2014The food here is excellent ! We have been here several times before and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- former Thomson's Club Rebornsrcorb22VIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent. Steak was exceptional. The sides are interesting and plentiful. Very comfortable dining room. The only thing missing was a valet service, especially on a windy, rainy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/201422 oz. Bone-in Sirloin Strip was excellent but smaller than some 16 oz. Sirloins I've had in the past. Two sides came with the meal. I had Pancetta Brussel Sprouts and Prime Au Gratin (sliced potatoes in cheese sauce). Both sides were not done to my liking. They were both on the crunchy side. Probably won't return.
- NickMeatsDined on 10/30/2014I booked this place for my parents anniversary and wrote that in the note when booking.. They sat next to the fireplace, had flowers on the table, and had complementary desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Came back from school to go out with my parents for a birthday steak. Food was great, servers were nice and had good recommendations. The food comes out at a nice pace so you get your apps and dinner spaced which was nice and gave us time to chat and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch steak houseFoodfunDined on 10/25/2014Teresa's Prime met all expectations of a high class steak house. The only negative to an otherwise great dinner was a side order of mushrooms that were not hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service too slowsnowbirdwannabeDined on 10/25/2014Made reservations for 7:30p. Didn't get seated until 8:30p. Service was very slow. We sat almost an hour.. We had to ask for the bread. The food was good. The 3rd time we've been there. The service is aweful!
- MeatMangiaLaPortaDined on 10/25/2014Our table was ready upon arrival. The NY aged sirloin was cooked to perfection, could almost cut it with a fork; all meals at our table were fantastic; Filet Mignon, Rib Eye & pork chops. All came with two accompaniments. The only down note was the service, it took over 10 minutes for a waiter to greet our table and at least 15 minutes to receive our drink order...the service did improve after the shaky start, but this is a top end restaurant; the service should be impeccable.Special Features:
- 2014 10 25SIGFOODDined on 10/25/2014Great food, though expensive - on par with Capital Grill, Strega, et. al. This was our second visit. First was great. This time, they were very busy and the service suffered. I don't think they were prepared for the number of guests. Still, we will likely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvDiningOutDined on 10/25/2014Food was good,Waitress was not very attentive;had to wait 20 min before we were able to order appetizers,waited quite a bit of time to have water replenished..Noticed a few tables where the diner was trying to get service but waitress was unavailable.. I felt that the restaurant did not have sufficient staffing on the floor and in the kitchen..We arrived at 7:00 and did not leave until 9:45 and we did not linger.It took that long to have the meal served and eaten.
- DemoKDined on 10/24/2014Great food and service. Excellent wine list and nice views of the grounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced and not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014For the prices at this place you should be blown away. 220.00 for two people with drinks. The food was below average I needed steak sauce. ..who needs steak sauce for a $55.00 steak! (And they charged me $2.00 for the sauce)Special Features:
- Overall goodJodiDined on 10/18/2014quiet..not rushed...good value...plenty of parking...Special Features:
- excellent dinnerdeniseDined on 10/17/2014Went for my daughters birthday, there were 7 of us including my 4 yr old grandson. The food was excellent, beautiful restaurant. Our waiter was wonderful and everyone made sure everything was perfect for us. I will make sure I tell everyone how wonderful Teresa's Prime is and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Upscale evening.8outDined on 10/11/2014Steaks and service were wonderful. Disappointing that the fireplace was out of order on an October night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectjaylVIPDined on 10/8/2014i love everything about this place except the quality and preparation of the steak, is the beef good? yes it is, but it is not exceptional, you 100% can get a better quality steak at many Boston Steakhouse's, and they dont have the prep down, no good hard sear on a rare steak, and a lot of problems in the execution of a Black and Blue Steak also, but everything else about this place is just fantastic!! great value for sure. if you are not a beef snob you will never have a reason to go into Boston for a Steakhouse dinner,
- wonderful experienceluvgooddiningDined on 9/27/2014excellent restaurant for dining. Food was excellent, along with ambiance and service. My husband and I had a wonderful dinner. We will certainly return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!TonyCDined on 9/27/2014The service and food were nothing if not spectacular!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLittleRedVIPDined on 9/20/2014Teresa's was a great find on Open Table. We were truly impressed with the decor, service, food, and wine list. On our way to the dining room my husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Nick, the owner of the restaurant. He gave us an overview of the restaurant and its history. Once seated, we had a wonderful server who allowed us to thoroughly enjoy our evening. We had shrimp cocktail and crab cocktails for starters. I had the 8 oz filet mignon and my husband had the prime rib-eye steak. Both steaks were cooked perfectly to medium rare. Two sides are included with meal. I will definitely return and would highly recommend Teresa's to friends and family.Special Features:
- Luv2eatoutLuv2eatoutDined on 9/18/2014Delicious and Diverse menu. Excellent food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well worth it!Jas1Dined on 9/16/2014The food was great!! From the appetizers, dinner menu, desserts and drinks. We had a great time and the service was great for being such a large group. I can't wait to go back for the crap cakes, esparagus, and steak!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great!grapesVIPDined on 9/11/2014We love this place. We have gone here several times and it has always been terrific.Special Features:
- Simply outstandingHealthspeakerVIPDined on 9/9/2014From the warm greetings to the outstanding service at the bar and table, to the terrific food, this was a hit. The special occasions were mentioned, complimentary desserts were served. This is a restaurant where you wonder what was better- the protein or the veggies? What a nice surprise to find this place, thanks to Open Table. We will most definitely be back. Thanks all for making us look good while we took our dear friends out for their anniversary.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful service, great food! Always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Steak was not of the quality one would expect for the price of $46.00. Too much gristle.
- RoCrowVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband enjoys a great steak from time to time and his filet mignon was no exception. A steak house for me- more of a challenge as I eat no red meat; I ordered the scallops and asked for them cooked medium, but still found them a bit underdone for my taste. We shared a lovely salad and had no room for dessert. The wine list is both extensive and expensive- we always share a bottle at dinner and it was difficult to find a good, reasonably priced bottle. The service was terrific- helpful and attentive. I will come back and try the other seafood offerings, but feel that Teresa's is a bit pricey for us on a regular, say weekly basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicegolfswingDined on 8/16/2014Everything was good except for the service. It seemed the waiter or his helper didn't know where the food should be placed. I was the only one to get my main dish served to me. The others had to switch. I also ordered the fried onions and the server placed them on the table and we all thought he put some other tables order order by mistake. When we ordered extra butter and bread, it took 10 minutes to receive it after many times asking. The food was great and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- handsome bobhandsomebobDined on 8/16/2014Very well received very good time. Thank you I will come back soon.Special Features:
- Very very good!LucyannDined on 8/14/2014We have been to Teresa's a few times and find it to be very good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teresa's Prime "gets it."RockyDined on 8/13/2014First heard about Teresa's on Phantom Gourmet and it did not disappoint in any way. The reception was warm, the service was impeccable and the food and wine was exceptional. Been there twice and will go back.Special Features:
- CJandPaulVIPDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful, I love Monica at the bar, she is so accommodating, and so nice! I would highly recommend the crab cakes and the lamb chops!! Delicious!!Special Features:
- Great steaks outside the city!RicksterDined on 8/9/2014In a beautiful setting, this new steakhouse met more than our expectations. Surrounded by gardens, the entrance brings you to a well appointed restaurant where the tables were not too closely spaced. The privacy was welcomed. Service was very professional, and the food was excellent. Very good menu choices for a steakhouse. Sides were included, unlike many such places. Desserts were not as creative as they could have been, but overall, a great experience, and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Teresa's Prime reviews archive.
- OutstandingStacyDined on 7/19/2014I asked for a specific request on my opentable reservation, and Teresa's Prime obliged. Food was excellent! Crab cakes are outstanding as was the Lobster Fritters. Delicious! Food came out very hot, which is important to me. Server was great! I would definitely reccomend Teresa's Prime!Special Features:
- OutstandingjhamDined on 7/12/2014I have to say it was one of the best steaks I have ever had icluding all my trips to Las Vegas. If anyone has a chance go just for teh bacon appetizer. Amazing is all I can saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!Brimel2527Dined on 7/11/2014If it feels a little strange paying Boston-level prices for a restaurant in North Reading, don't fret. Based on our visit, it was worth it. Nothing at all to complain about - top-notch service, wonderful food, nice atmosphere - first class all the way. Solid recommendations from our server, and everything done just as requested. We would not hesitate to recommend Teresa's Prime to anyone looking for a nice meal, especially if you don't want to drive into the city and scramble for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014a great steakhouse with excellent food, drink and staffSpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHappyCustomerDined on 6/21/2014This was my second trip to Teresa's Prime and three phrases come to mind after my experience: quality food, consistency, and attention to detail. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. I was very impressed with our waiter Robert and my compliments go out to the chef. My date and I loved the experience and we both highly recommend this establishment. It was a very expensive night out but in my mind, it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising treasure!CmcmDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I went to Teresa's Prime for a belated birthday celebration. Lobster fritters with cotton candy? They were outstanding...and there were 4 large pieces so it was plenty to share. Our waiter was terrific. She decanted our wine like a pro. Steaks include two sides which was also a nice surprise...and were both cooked perfectly. We are thrilled to have found such a gem so close to home and told all of our neighbors about it, too. Bravo Teresa's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean's BirthdayMiamiDined on 6/7/2014Food was outstanding and the steaks were cooked perfectly. Excellent drinksSpecial Features:
- mfc1971Dined on 6/1/2014We went on a Sunday night and there were 4 other couples in the restaurant. The food was great as was the service. This restaurant rivals the steakhouses in Boston.Special Features: