20 Elm Street
North Reading, MA 01864Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teresaseatery.com/prime/
- Phone: (978) 276-0044 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Tues - Thurs 4 pm - 11 pm
Fri - Sat 4 pm - Midnight
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Yebba Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Teresa's Prime
North Shores Finest! Teresa’s Prime. North shores newest & unique upscale steak house, offering a wide selection of fine Brandt Prime Beef and the freshest seafood dishes. A select menu that will delight the most discriminating pallet. Teresa’s offers an extensive selection of the world’s finest wines. Together with unparalleled service and a breath taking atmosphere. All Making Teresa’s Prime, North Shores finest dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Teresa's Prime - Best Restaurants in North Reading ›
Teresa's Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- disappointedsammy9Dined on 5/31/2014We have frequented Teresa's on a regular basis, we started to as the people who made you feel like you were important started leaving their jobs there that the whole experience from the usual warm welcome to heres your table. Have you ever been to a restaurant and your food was cold and the waiter and the manager came over and said and I qoute "WE CAN SLAP THAT ON THE GRILLE AND WARM IT UP"......Also, I brought clients there because I bragged about it so much ..I was truly embarrsed...I could go on..they will never see me there again and I will surely tell all my friends that iI told to go there to forget I ever recommended it.
- Anniversary DinnerDabearDined on 5/29/2014Our server, Lindsey, set the stage for a great evening of fine dining......food, service and atmosphere were as good or better as any in Boston without the hassle. An absolute pleasure here this evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- URIDADDined on 5/20/2014Second time going to this restaurant. Everything was delicious, however, my wife's steak was overlooked both times. The first time the waitress was not very responsive but this waitress was excellent. Jamie offered to get my wife another steak, but since my daughter and I were almost done, she declined. Jamie then asked what else she could do for us. My wife just wanted her to inform management know as it wasn't looking good for another visit. Jamie informed the hostess and the manager who immediately came over and rectified the situation. We plan to visit again,
- Excellent RestaurantthemaddogDined on 5/17/2014I've now been here several times. This has quickly become my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst experience of my lifeBruceDined on 5/11/2014I took my family to dinner for Mother's Day. It was a party of 6. 4 of us ordered meat, 2 filet and 2 lamb. All 4 came out the wrong temperature. My daughter sent back her filet which was raw and I sent back my lamb which was medium well. They re-plated my lamb and the second attempt was rare with the wrong sides. I sent it back again. My daughters came out rare and now has a second slice in it. The third attempt was no better and the rest if the party had finished. The executive chef was in duty but couldn't be bothered to come out and apologize. The manager was useless and offered nothing. He took off the price of the 2 entrees that we did not eat. Never made an attempt to keep us as customers. We will never go back.
- Another great evening at the PRIME!annrayVIPDined on 5/10/2014As usual and with no fanfare our evening was outstanding. we always expect great food and service and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Spectacular!ViolasDined on 5/10/2014Five Stars! The hospitality and service (Maryann & CJ) was Fantastic! Their menu knowledge was incredible-very professional. Suggested perfect wine pairings from their exquisite and lengthy list. The Seafood is so FRESH; Oysters were tender, Shrimp Cocktail was Ginormous! My Veal Chop was cooked perfectly-tender and juicy! Asparagus was seasoned and grilled just right. My husband's Steak (Bone-in Sirloin) was to die for. The Key Lime Pie was a perfect finish to a Dynamic Dinner!Special Features:
- Not WonderfulPattiPNDined on 5/3/2014This was not a good experience. Ordered Lobster Bisque. Lots of lobster but, bisque is not hot to begin with, when you add cold or frozen lobster to it makes the cold The dinner was a disaster... I ordered a filet and lobster tail with green beans that I was told was served with salt and peeper only it arrived I had a broccoli rabe veggie. I protested a little and she was then willing to go get me green beans. The filet was an undercooked end cut that was full of fat and gristle. the lobster tail was very overlooked and when the green beans arrived they were full of onions and garlic. The manager stoped by to ask about dinner, I told him what happened and he did comp my dinner. I doubt we would go back
- romantic dinnersnowwhite50VIPDined on 5/2/2014My date wanted to try a nice place so we looked on open table and decided to try Teresa's Prime the place was really nice very low lighting and music was soft waiter was very friendly and food was really good would go back and recommend the place for a very nice evening....Special Features:
- Love this placethemaddogDined on 4/25/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. It's menu is comparable to Abe & Louie's or the Capital Grille, but I personally think Theresa's steaks are superior. Sides are also included with the entres, unlike the aforementioned restaurants. The kitchen very literally interprets steak temperature (rear, medium-rear, etc.) unlike most restaurants. So, for a patron who typically orders medium rare, medium-rare plus may be the best way to order the meal.Special Features:
- Greeters neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My reservation time coincided with a seating for an Easter Brunch. There were no greeters to direct anyone where to go. As a first time visitor, it was very confusing. I was stuck in the middle of a "herd" of people waiting for the Brunch seating. After being "trapped" in the lobby, The crowd moved into a banquet hall, where we were told we had no reservation. We had to fight back through the crowd to get to the reception desk. I feel there should have been staff there in the lobby to direct us to the restaurant seating. The desk was hidden behind a partition, which was hidden by dozens of people. When we were finally seated, the rest of our experience was excellantSpecial Features:
- ANN/RAYannrayVIPDined on 4/14/2014A QUIET MONDAY EVENING WAS JUST WHAT WE WANTED AND TERESA'S PRIME WAS JUST THE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningCARLPATDined on 4/13/2014Ambiance, service, quality of food all excellent. Celebrated an Anniversary. Staff very helpful and friendly. Loved it will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann/Ray MackannrayVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nick Yebba has made Teresa's Prime a favorite place for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBRUINS2488Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was excellent...From the food to the Wait staff to the hostess... Nice and clean,,, Loved it... We will be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.SummerDined on 4/5/2014The food and service was excellent. The owner made an appearance which was a nice touch. I asked for a romantic table and they gave the perfect spot in the resturant. We will come back for another lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great steak!!snowbirdwannabeDined on 4/5/2014Grille 19 downstairs is great for casual... upstairs at Teresa prime... awesome for special occasions. A great upscale dining experience. Everything was great, the service, the steak was perfect, added a lobster tail to create our own surf & turf plate. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was deliciousBrianDDined on 4/5/2014Great service, food was delicious (Caesar salad a bit dry), but overall food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining experienceRobbyCDined on 3/29/2014Everything from the drinks to the food to the atmosphere and service were exceptional. Prices commensurate with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014This was the second time I went to Prime and the first was only 3 days after they opened. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the food, but both times we have had an issue with how the food was cooked. The first time I went my scallops were under cooked and it took a while to get it out so my friends were done with their meals when mine came out. The second time the person I was with ordered a steak medium well and it came out rare. Once it was brought back it was excellent but a steak house should know how to cook it correctly. Even though I have had a couple of issues I love the food on the menu since it is not the run of the mill and there sides are great! Also the service is excellent and so are the special martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely...love2dineDined on 3/23/2014great restaurant for a special occasion. Great atmosphere and staff. Great food. Although I wouldn't recommend the seafood it was a bit dry however, it is a steak house so order the steak...my bad..Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood find!Julesrn1227VIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I are always looking for a good local restaurant. So glad we found Teresa's. We had a fabulous time right from the start. The inside was decorated nicely(very cozy and romantic), beautiful bar area. Service was great this night. I started with the house salad and have to say it was the best house salad I've ever had at a restaurant. The dressing was so tasty and the presentation was lovely. My husbands spinach salad was almost as good! I had the 8 oz filet cooked to perfect order. It was very tender and full of flavor. Hubby got the 24oz porter house and basically finished every bite. Sides(which are included) were plentiful and delicious. No desserts for us, too stuffed :-). Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Perfect!VinnyDined on 3/15/2014The entire dining experience, from the check-in to bar to a great meal was outstanding! Owner Nick Yebba and Chef Jason came by the table to say hello and to make sure that everything was just perfect. The steaks are superb! My wife had the sea bass and that was as good as the steak! Why go to Boston for the hastle of a long drive, valet parking expense and to pay higher dinner prices when you can enjoy a premium steakhouse in North Reading! It's well worth the trip and dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were told to pick 2 sidesBrucDined on 3/15/2014We were told to pick 2 sides to go with the steak from a list. We asked if the macarroni with lobster also came with the picks, the waitress said it did. When we got the bill, there was an additional charge of $4.00 on each steak order and realized that this was not actually a side that would come with the order, but had an additional charge. When we asked if it came with it, it should be understood that it is a question if there is no additional charge. The wait staff is very nice and professional, but they need to be trained on the menu costs. This is a vey expensive restaurant and costing mistakes like this should not happen. I did not bother to dispute this since we were in a hurry to go to an appointment, so I payed the extra $8.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great suburban restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014Our service was excellent. Food was good but not outstanding, the shrimp cocktail was a little bland but my steak was done perfectly which doesn't happen often. Unique beer offerings, and good sized wine list. I love having a city-quality restaurant in the suburbs and easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak north of BostonTomLDined on 3/8/2014Ordered the bone-in Ribeye. Was fantastic. Wife ordered the filet. She was very happy. Sides were great. Good selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOON TO BE A REGULAR...STANDined on 3/8/2014WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GREAT STEAKHOUSE LOCALLY SO WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE THE TRIP IN AND OUT OF BOSTON INTO THE EVENING...AND WE FOUND ONE. TERESA'S PRIME WAS WONDERFUL FROM ENTRANCE TO EXIT. THE STAFF IS WARM AND ATTENTIVE, THE STEAKS ARE AN EXCELLENT GRADE OF MEAT AND THE UNIQUE EXTRA IS THAT THE TWO SIDES THAT YOU CHOOSE ARE PLACED ALONGSIDE YOUR ENTREE ...KEEPING THE TABLE CLEAR OF EXTRA DISHES AND PROVIDING JUST ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE STEAK. GREAT DRINKS AND EXTENSIVE WINE LIST AS WOULD BE EXPECTED IN AN UPSCALE STEAKHOUSE. WE PLAN TO MAKE RETURNS TO TERESA'S A REGULAR NIGHT OUT TO LOOK FORWARD TOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but had service issuesMuddyWatersVIPDined on 3/8/2014We sat down for dinner but no one seemed to know who our server was. After a long wait, a waiter just came over and said "I'm not sure who your server is but I'll help you.." He was friendly enough but not very good. He brought the wrong wine (which took forever..) and when the food finally came, they forgot who's was who's. That's not a big deal but all the little things add up over the course of the night. We ordered some dessert to take home and they messed up the carry-out bag. (Given the night, we probably should have checked but just assumed we'd received the right stuff..) The food was very good - not outstanding, given the price tag - but the service was really lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was extremely attentivePatMDined on 3/8/2014Waiter was extremely attentive when we first arrived. Our res were for 6, so at that hour it wasn't crowded - YET. As the night went on by 7:30=8:00 we couldn't even find him to get coffee, and later had to wait for the check as well. Think that they need a bigger waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- handsom bobhandsomebobDined on 3/4/2014I and my party had a wonderful time. No other words needed . thank you againSpecial Features:
- Wonderful spot close to home.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014We have been to Teresa's prime twice, both times have been wonderful. It is so nice to have this restaurant in the local area.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant with greatGraceDined on 3/1/2014Fabulous restaurant with great food and service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, needs improvingSteveDined on 3/1/2014The steaks are top notch, no issues at all with the protein, and setting themselves aside from other Boston steakhouses you get to choose two sides to pair with your entree instead of having to buy them a la carte. I don't want to knock the sides that much as they were included in the price of the steaks, but if we had had to pay for them separately we would have been largely unhappy and some would have been sent back. Service was also a miss. In charging steakhouse prices and serving steakhouse-grade meats, service was no better than what you'd get at Chili's or any other casual chain. Teresa's Prime is still fairly new so hopefully the service gets ironed out, I feel like the staff just needs be more focused and run around a lot less.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous Service and AtmosphereMarktDined on 2/22/2014Our server Matt was extremely good and took great care of us. He was there when you needed him and ready to answer any and all questions we had concerning the menu. The décor and atmosphere was very nice and upscale making the environment very enjoyable. The owner (Nick) was walking the floor making sure everyone was happy and made my family and I feel at home. Over all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinnerJeffDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we live in NH. The restaurant is set nicely near a golf course and has a neighborhood feel to it. The noise level was actually less than moderate and perfect for a night out or romantic evening. The food was excellent, well above most nicer restaurants. From cocktail to appetizer to desert there was nothing short of great. In addition, their wine list had much in common with my wine cellar. To top it off, the owner came around twice to see how our experience was. There are few restaurants of this caliber that create such an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cook needs a meat thermometerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Wanted steak cooked medium rare, came out blue. Wife wanted medium came out rare. Knew a couple of other couples at the restaurant and they had the same problem. Very good quality of food and meat, just need to invest in a thermometerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMuddyWatersVIPDined on 2/14/2014There are 2 Theresa's, one in Middleton and this one, called Theresa's Prime in North Reading, was very nice. Food was good, as was the service. We'll go back, especially since it's near where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks, very quickMiddletonJoeDined on 2/8/2014Excellent steaks, very quick service. French onion soup excellent. Side dishes were good-- but not as good as the other items. Atmosphere is very good. Wait staff was quick and attentive. This was our first visit, but we definitely plan to be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood bestannrayVIPDined on 2/7/2014so pleased to have such a nice dining spot so close to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in North Reading!!AbbeSDined on 2/6/2014We came to Theresa's Prime on the recommendation of a friend. We had eaten at Theresa's Italian and wasn't all that impressed with the ambiance. We we were very pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was great, it was a Thursday night so it might have been quieter than on a weekend. Our steaks and the halibut were perfectly prepared. The service was fantastic and we were given a complementary creme brulet because we couldn't decide and thought we were too full. We are very excited to have such a nice restaurant just 4 miles from home. The only negative would be the spinach salad, the dressing could have been tastier. All in all it was a fantastic experience and we will be back and will tell our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.