20 Elm Street
North Reading, MA 01864Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teresaseatery.com/prime/
- Phone: 978-276-0044x2
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Teresa's Prime
North Shores Finest! Teresa’s Prime. North shores newest & unique upscale steak house, offering a wide selection of fine Brandt Prime Beef and the freshest seafood dishes. A select menu that will delight the most discriminating pallet. Teresa’s offers an extensive selection of the world’s finest wines. Together with unparalleled service and a breath taking atmosphere. All Making Teresa’s Prime, North Shores finest dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Teresa's Prime - Best Restaurants in North Reading ›
Teresa's Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (19)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Steak was not of the quality one would expect for the price of $46.00. Too much gristle.
- RoCrowVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband enjoys a great steak from time to time and his filet mignon was no exception. A steak house for me- more of a challenge as I eat no red meat; I ordered the scallops and asked for them cooked medium, but still found them a bit underdone for my taste. We shared a lovely salad and had no room for dessert. The wine list is both extensive and expensive- we always share a bottle at dinner and it was difficult to find a good, reasonably priced bottle. The service was terrific- helpful and attentive. I will come back and try the other seafood offerings, but feel that Teresa's is a bit pricey for us on a regular, say weekly basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicegolfswingDined on 8/16/2014Everything was good except for the service. It seemed the waiter or his helper didn't know where the food should be placed. I was the only one to get my main dish served to me. The others had to switch. I also ordered the fried onions and the server placed them on the table and we all thought he put some other tables order order by mistake. When we ordered extra butter and bread, it took 10 minutes to receive it after many times asking. The food was great and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- handsome bobhandsomebobDined on 8/16/2014Very well received very good time. Thank you I will come back soon.Special Features:
- Very very good!LucyannDined on 8/14/2014We have been to Teresa's a few times and find it to be very good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teresa's Prime "gets it."RockyDined on 8/13/2014First heard about Teresa's on Phantom Gourmet and it did not disappoint in any way. The reception was warm, the service was impeccable and the food and wine was exceptional. Been there twice and will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful, I love Monica at the bar, she is so accommodating, and so nice! I would highly recommend the crab cakes and the lamb chops!! Delicious!!Special Features:
- Great steaks outside the city!RicksterDined on 8/9/2014In a beautiful setting, this new steakhouse met more than our expectations. Surrounded by gardens, the entrance brings you to a well appointed restaurant where the tables were not too closely spaced. The privacy was welcomed. Service was very professional, and the food was excellent. Very good menu choices for a steakhouse. Sides were included, unlike many such places. Desserts were not as creative as they could have been, but overall, a great experience, and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStacyDined on 7/19/2014I asked for a specific request on my opentable reservation, and Teresa's Prime obliged. Food was excellent! Crab cakes are outstanding as was the Lobster Fritters. Delicious! Food came out very hot, which is important to me. Server was great! I would definitely reccomend Teresa's Prime!Special Features:
- OutstandingjhamDined on 7/12/2014I have to say it was one of the best steaks I have ever had icluding all my trips to Las Vegas. If anyone has a chance go just for teh bacon appetizer. Amazing is all I can saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!Brimel2527Dined on 7/11/2014If it feels a little strange paying Boston-level prices for a restaurant in North Reading, don't fret. Based on our visit, it was worth it. Nothing at all to complain about - top-notch service, wonderful food, nice atmosphere - first class all the way. Solid recommendations from our server, and everything done just as requested. We would not hesitate to recommend Teresa's Prime to anyone looking for a nice meal, especially if you don't want to drive into the city and scramble for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014a great steakhouse with excellent food, drink and staffSpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHappyCustomerDined on 6/21/2014This was my second trip to Teresa's Prime and three phrases come to mind after my experience: quality food, consistency, and attention to detail. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. I was very impressed with our waiter Robert and my compliments go out to the chef. My date and I loved the experience and we both highly recommend this establishment. It was a very expensive night out but in my mind, it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising treasure!CmcmDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I went to Teresa's Prime for a belated birthday celebration. Lobster fritters with cotton candy? They were outstanding...and there were 4 large pieces so it was plenty to share. Our waiter was terrific. She decanted our wine like a pro. Steaks include two sides which was also a nice surprise...and were both cooked perfectly. We are thrilled to have found such a gem so close to home and told all of our neighbors about it, too. Bravo Teresa's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean's BirthdayMiamiDined on 6/7/2014Food was outstanding and the steaks were cooked perfectly. Excellent drinksSpecial Features:
- mfc1971Dined on 6/1/2014We went on a Sunday night and there were 4 other couples in the restaurant. The food was great as was the service. This restaurant rivals the steakhouses in Boston.Special Features:
- disappointedsammy9Dined on 5/31/2014We have frequented Teresa's on a regular basis, we started to as the people who made you feel like you were important started leaving their jobs there that the whole experience from the usual warm welcome to heres your table. Have you ever been to a restaurant and your food was cold and the waiter and the manager came over and said and I qoute "WE CAN SLAP THAT ON THE GRILLE AND WARM IT UP"......Also, I brought clients there because I bragged about it so much ..I was truly embarrsed...I could go on..they will never see me there again and I will surely tell all my friends that iI told to go there to forget I ever recommended it.
- Anniversary DinnerDabearDined on 5/29/2014Our server, Lindsey, set the stage for a great evening of fine dining......food, service and atmosphere were as good or better as any in Boston without the hassle. An absolute pleasure here this evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- URIDADDined on 5/20/2014Second time going to this restaurant. Everything was delicious, however, my wife's steak was overlooked both times. The first time the waitress was not very responsive but this waitress was excellent. Jamie offered to get my wife another steak, but since my daughter and I were almost done, she declined. Jamie then asked what else she could do for us. My wife just wanted her to inform management know as it wasn't looking good for another visit. Jamie informed the hostess and the manager who immediately came over and rectified the situation. We plan to visit again,
- Excellent RestaurantthemaddogDined on 5/17/2014I've now been here several times. This has quickly become my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst experience of my lifeBruceDined on 5/11/2014I took my family to dinner for Mother's Day. It was a party of 6. 4 of us ordered meat, 2 filet and 2 lamb. All 4 came out the wrong temperature. My daughter sent back her filet which was raw and I sent back my lamb which was medium well. They re-plated my lamb and the second attempt was rare with the wrong sides. I sent it back again. My daughters came out rare and now has a second slice in it. The third attempt was no better and the rest if the party had finished. The executive chef was in duty but couldn't be bothered to come out and apologize. The manager was useless and offered nothing. He took off the price of the 2 entrees that we did not eat. Never made an attempt to keep us as customers. We will never go back.
- Another great evening at the PRIME!annrayVIPDined on 5/10/2014As usual and with no fanfare our evening was outstanding. we always expect great food and service and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Spectacular!ViolasDined on 5/10/2014Five Stars! The hospitality and service (Maryann & CJ) was Fantastic! Their menu knowledge was incredible-very professional. Suggested perfect wine pairings from their exquisite and lengthy list. The Seafood is so FRESH; Oysters were tender, Shrimp Cocktail was Ginormous! My Veal Chop was cooked perfectly-tender and juicy! Asparagus was seasoned and grilled just right. My husband's Steak (Bone-in Sirloin) was to die for. The Key Lime Pie was a perfect finish to a Dynamic Dinner!Special Features:
- Not WonderfulPattiPNDined on 5/3/2014This was not a good experience. Ordered Lobster Bisque. Lots of lobster but, bisque is not hot to begin with, when you add cold or frozen lobster to it makes the cold The dinner was a disaster... I ordered a filet and lobster tail with green beans that I was told was served with salt and peeper only it arrived I had a broccoli rabe veggie. I protested a little and she was then willing to go get me green beans. The filet was an undercooked end cut that was full of fat and gristle. the lobster tail was very overlooked and when the green beans arrived they were full of onions and garlic. The manager stoped by to ask about dinner, I told him what happened and he did comp my dinner. I doubt we would go back
- romantic dinnersnowwhite50Dined on 5/2/2014My date wanted to try a nice place so we looked on open table and decided to try Teresa's Prime the place was really nice very low lighting and music was soft waiter was very friendly and food was really good would go back and recommend the place for a very nice evening....Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Teresa's Prime reviews archive.
- Love this placethemaddogDined on 4/25/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. It's menu is comparable to Abe & Louie's or the Capital Grille, but I personally think Theresa's steaks are superior. Sides are also included with the entres, unlike the aforementioned restaurants. The kitchen very literally interprets steak temperature (rear, medium-rear, etc.) unlike most restaurants. So, for a patron who typically orders medium rare, medium-rare plus may be the best way to order the meal.Special Features:
- Greeters neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My reservation time coincided with a seating for an Easter Brunch. There were no greeters to direct anyone where to go. As a first time visitor, it was very confusing. I was stuck in the middle of a "herd" of people waiting for the Brunch seating. After being "trapped" in the lobby, The crowd moved into a banquet hall, where we were told we had no reservation. We had to fight back through the crowd to get to the reception desk. I feel there should have been staff there in the lobby to direct us to the restaurant seating. The desk was hidden behind a partition, which was hidden by dozens of people. When we were finally seated, the rest of our experience was excellantSpecial Features:
- ANN/RAYannrayVIPDined on 4/14/2014A QUIET MONDAY EVENING WAS JUST WHAT WE WANTED AND TERESA'S PRIME WAS JUST THE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningCARLPATDined on 4/13/2014Ambiance, service, quality of food all excellent. Celebrated an Anniversary. Staff very helpful and friendly. Loved it will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann/Ray MackannrayVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nick Yebba has made Teresa's Prime a favorite place for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBRUINS2488Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was excellent...From the food to the Wait staff to the hostess... Nice and clean,,, Loved it... We will be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.SummerDined on 4/5/2014The food and service was excellent. The owner made an appearance which was a nice touch. I asked for a romantic table and they gave the perfect spot in the resturant. We will come back for another lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great steak!!snowbirdwannabeDined on 4/5/2014Grille 19 downstairs is great for casual... upstairs at Teresa prime... awesome for special occasions. A great upscale dining experience. Everything was great, the service, the steak was perfect, added a lobster tail to create our own surf & turf plate. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was deliciousBrianDDined on 4/5/2014Great service, food was delicious (Caesar salad a bit dry), but overall food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining experienceRobbyCDined on 3/29/2014Everything from the drinks to the food to the atmosphere and service were exceptional. Prices commensurate with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014This was the second time I went to Prime and the first was only 3 days after they opened. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the food, but both times we have had an issue with how the food was cooked. The first time I went my scallops were under cooked and it took a while to get it out so my friends were done with their meals when mine came out. The second time the person I was with ordered a steak medium well and it came out rare. Once it was brought back it was excellent but a steak house should know how to cook it correctly. Even though I have had a couple of issues I love the food on the menu since it is not the run of the mill and there sides are great! Also the service is excellent and so are the special martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely...love2dineDined on 3/23/2014great restaurant for a special occasion. Great atmosphere and staff. Great food. Although I wouldn't recommend the seafood it was a bit dry however, it is a steak house so order the steak...my bad..Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood find!Julesrn1227VIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I are always looking for a good local restaurant. So glad we found Teresa's. We had a fabulous time right from the start. The inside was decorated nicely(very cozy and romantic), beautiful bar area. Service was great this night. I started with the house salad and have to say it was the best house salad I've ever had at a restaurant. The dressing was so tasty and the presentation was lovely. My husbands spinach salad was almost as good! I had the 8 oz filet cooked to perfect order. It was very tender and full of flavor. Hubby got the 24oz porter house and basically finished every bite. Sides(which are included) were plentiful and delicious. No desserts for us, too stuffed :-). Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Perfect!VinnyDined on 3/15/2014The entire dining experience, from the check-in to bar to a great meal was outstanding! Owner Nick Yebba and Chef Jason came by the table to say hello and to make sure that everything was just perfect. The steaks are superb! My wife had the sea bass and that was as good as the steak! Why go to Boston for the hastle of a long drive, valet parking expense and to pay higher dinner prices when you can enjoy a premium steakhouse in North Reading! It's well worth the trip and dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were told to pick 2 sidesBrucDined on 3/15/2014We were told to pick 2 sides to go with the steak from a list. We asked if the macarroni with lobster also came with the picks, the waitress said it did. When we got the bill, there was an additional charge of $4.00 on each steak order and realized that this was not actually a side that would come with the order, but had an additional charge. When we asked if it came with it, it should be understood that it is a question if there is no additional charge. The wait staff is very nice and professional, but they need to be trained on the menu costs. This is a vey expensive restaurant and costing mistakes like this should not happen. I did not bother to dispute this since we were in a hurry to go to an appointment, so I payed the extra $8.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.