124 N. Wayne Ave
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.teresas-cafe.com/
- Phone: (610) 293-9909
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please follow us on Twitter for our events. @TeresasWayne
A word from Teresa's Cafe
We are a restaurant located in Wayne, PA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teresa's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DinerMelDined on 11/1/2014We were a large group and weren't rushed at all. The waitress did a great job servicing us. Very large beer and wine menu and the bartenders were helpful in making recommendations. Overall, great food and a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodSurprisedVIPDined on 11/1/2014We very much enjoyed our meal at Teresa's. The service was outstanding, and the food was a culinary surprise. The meal was 5-star quality. Our group of six first tried the appetizers, the artichoke app and mozzeralla ball, and enjoyed every bite, We all tried different thing for the main...from the pasta special to the Caesar salad with shrimp, and everything was perfection. We will be returning!Special Features:
- A favorite!FromageDined on 10/24/2014This is a neighborhood favorite -- I'm never disappointed! The food is delicious and you can tell great thought is put into the sauces, seasonings, and ingredients. There's often an unexpected combination on the menu so you can try something new, but also excellent "traditional" food like linguini and pesto that they knock out of the park. Excellent cheese list, delicious pizzas, fabulous fresh pastas, and great wine and beer. Really knowledgeable staff and a fun bar with different cocktails.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance poor.SteveDined on 10/22/2014The food was fantastic and the service was ok. The decorations and atmosphere are a miss. The chairs are metal and very uncomfortable and the lighting and sterile environment are uncomfortable. Love next door and will continue to go there, but until the atmosphere is changed at cafe we will stick to he bar side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but zero ambianceFantasticDined on 9/29/2014Teresa's continues to be a go- to for locals who want a tasty meal but their relative recent redecorating looks unfinished but apparently is. It's a very empty and sterile setting but when full of diners, which it almost always is, it's quite bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teresa's cafedaraleeDined on 9/26/2014The food was outstanding and the prices were just right. My only serious feedback would be that the waiter took too long between coming back and forth to the table. I just thought prompter service would be appreciated. The dining experience took over 3 hours. I found that to be slightly disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but nothing elsePamSVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were very disappointed with the cafeteria look/feel and the lack of service. Our server did his best, but I think he was the only one waiting on20+ tables. The dinner took more than 2 hours, only because we didn't see the server for 20+ minutes at a time. The food was great, but nothing else was.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014From the atmosphere to the food to the drinks to our server, Mark....everything was top notch. The food was so fresh and amazing! So many things to write about I don't know where to begin. Mark took extra special time to ensure the children in our party got what they needed when they needed it. He brought bread refills without us asking. He was knowledgeable about both the beer and the wine list. Absolutely stellar service. Truly. From pizzas to chicken to sea bass to the spaghetti squash and the melanzane, all the food was delicious and extremely fresh. the tomato sauce smelled and tasted like your grandmother had been simmering it on the oven all day long. San marzano tomatoes, and touch of tanginess, just divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantBCEA1234Dined on 9/13/2014I have been dining at Teresea's through all their iderations and the food is consistenlty good, the atmosphere is upbeat and the wine and beer list are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timelove2eatoutVIPDined on 8/18/2014Atmosphere very cold and unattractive. Menu limited. Only saving grace was a very nice waiter.Special Features:
- Food Great...Service just so soBaileyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Teresa's many times before. We always find the food to be very good. I had the parpadelle which was excellent. My wife had the bolognese which they did with a gluten free pasta which also was very good. Our waitress was scarce most of the time which was a disappointment, but we will return. A very good find in downtown Wayne. Easy parking either on the street or a lot across the street.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerouttoeatDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and the cafe side was busy and pleasantly noisy. Our server Ray was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely balancedFjlind3rdDined on 8/4/2014The food was very good. The waitress suggested blending two dishes - the spaghetti squash and a bolognase sauce which was excellent. The drinks were a little pricey and the decor a little sparse but the ambiance was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Teresa's Cafe reviews archive.
- love the re-doEZGourmandVIPDined on 7/25/2014they took a very good menu and made it better and more exotic. I ate there 2x in one week… lunch and dinner and enjoyed both meals.Special Features:
- bargaindinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had been to Teresa's many times before when it was a BYOB. The menu has changed significantly since then and while the food was good, it was expensive and not being able to bring our own wine added significantly to the cost although happy hour wines by the glass were reasonable. I believe there are better values in the area and we will not be going to Teresa's as often any more.Special Features:
- Teresa's Cafe AnomalyColonelDined on 7/23/2014I had dine several years ago at Teresa's and liked the food and the ambience at that time. When I walked into the restaurant earlier this week, I was stunned. For some reason that is a real mystery to me, they have converted this once eclectic dining spot into some semblance of a beer hall. I could not believe, and certainly hope, they didn't pay someone to design this decor. All the table linens are gone and the wine list is very limited. If all you care about is the food, you are in the right place. The Burrata Bomb was outstanding. Our entrees were excellent. I would go back but still wish they had left their hands off the decor. It would also be nice to reintroduce table linens for dinner. Great chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We had not dined at Teresa's since they made the changes to the interior and added the bar. Though we miss the BYO option we were pleased with the changes. The noise level is much improved and the tables are a little better spaced apart then they had been in the past. As always the food was excellent. We had the Fettuccini Bolognese which is still fantastic. I noticed the menus are back to regular menus from the notebooks I observed having stopped in for a glass of wine a few months ago and this was a good change. All in all the renovations improved the acoustics and the atmosphere but the food remains excellent.Special Features:
- A nice surprisemainlinerDined on 6/29/2014We hadn't been to Teresa's in many years. We were surprised to see that they had renovated and equally surprised by the quality of the food. The appetizer was a watermelon salad that was spectacular, we raved about the entrees, and our desert was scrumptious. We were impressed.Special Features:
- AkendrVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food very salty and greasy. Overpriced small portions.
- Reminiscent of TuscanyFood4thoughtDined on 6/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate here-the antipasto was very tasty, enjoyed my arugula salad, delicious ribeye over polenta and divine cherry chocolate bread pudding on the house for our anniversary. We were given special attention. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatagogoVIPDined on 6/18/2014The menu is familiar but the food is a little more sophisticated. I ate two daily specials, both of which were delicious - heirloom tomato and burrata salad, followed by rabbit leg braised with pearl onions, fava beans and trumpet mushrooms served over polenta. Service was slow but pleasant. Very nice Willamette Pinot noir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014We've been coming to Teresa's for the past 15 years, and we always loved it for the great bistro style food and ambiance. However it just isn't the same since they renenovated. The food is still good, but the atmosphere isn't. It is way too loud, the decor is too modern and plain, the room feels empty even when it is full, and this time the service was horriblely slow. We were really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but NiceStanleymanlyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Eating at Teresa's is like eating in a shoe box. Bare walls, hard floors, slate table-tops and a young, loud crowd. Plenty of pastas and pizzas to satisfy the college kids. And then, ta-da, some ambitious main courses to please the older folks. Our pretty waitress, Daria, helped make it a pleasant experience. The elements in the beet salad, a layer of goat cheese, some frisee, the beets, came together in an interesting blend of taste and texture. My wife was pleased with her scallops, although they seemed too big for bay scallops and too small for sea scallops, on a bed of pea risotto. And I was happy with my pan-seared salmon, although the fingerling potatoes were slightly undercooked. Presentation matched minimalist surroundings.Special Features:
- disappointedluv2dineVIPDined on 4/2/2014the ambiance was cold and the waitress rushed us. the food was not worth it.
- Great food. Too loudTitaniumDined on 3/20/2014Great food. Tasty. Unique. But too loud for 1:1 conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming and OverpricedJVEZD8VIPDined on 3/19/2014I hadn't been to Teresa's in many years and it definitely looks very different. The restaurant has a weird red-tone lighting that's very unpleasant. Some of the food was fine (one very good pasta dish), but most of it just OK. My ravioli entree was not much bigger than an appetizer, and I'm not that big an eater. I wouldn't bother to go back again.
- love the menu itemsyougetwhatyoupayforVIPDined on 3/16/2014brussel sprout salad, spaghetti squash, lots of items you can eat out and still eat healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer long wait for tabledvodswDined on 3/15/2014My party of 2 waited 30 minutes for an 8:15 reservation. Several parties walked in w/o a reservation and were seated quicker than my party and we had a reservation! Once seated, the food was good and the beer list was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables with Bathroom/Kitchen View!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant has been redone and the make-over leaves much to be desired. It has very stark walls with bright LED purple and greenish lighting which looks kind of cool but quickly gets annoying/boring. We had reservations. Greeter tried to seat us at a table where we could see misc kitchen junk, soda equipment and inside the bathroom! What a disaster of layout. I argued at length with the greeter who said that the seats in the back were for earlier times so even though it was empty i could not move. She later returned and moved me. Still i was pretty angry and so was everyone who did not ask. Waitress was great - her name was Daria. Food was pretty good. Cheese appetizer was a joke. $9 for a tablespoon of cheese. Price HIGHI would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring the old Teresa's back!TSquaredDined on 2/8/2014The "old" Teresa's BYOB was one of our favorite restaurants. The new format and menu did not meet our expectations. The waitstaff was stuffy and didn't seem to have time for our questions. Our reservation was for 6PM so the restaurant was not yet crowded. The food was unexceptional. My husband ordered the Veal Breast and was extremely disappointed. It was greasy with a heavy breading and had very little taste. My penne pasta with scallops and shrimp was not as hot as it should have been. In the past we told all our friends and family about this great little BYOB in Wayne. Now I guess you'll be happy if we don't tell anyone about our lackluster dinner experience.
- I miss the old Teresa's!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014We used to go to Teresa's all of the time when we lived closer. So we were surprised how much it changed when we went for dinner the other night. First they tried to sit us near the bathroom and kitchen while other tables were open. And the staff seemed annoyed when we asked to change tables. Teresa's used to be warm and cozy but it has lost that appeal since I guess it is going "trendy." The neon colors and black and white composition books as menus made us feel like we were in a cafeteria. Our waitress was a little flighty and not very helpful. All of that being said, the food was still good. But I missed their old menu. This one is more limited. I most likely would not return though based on service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, slow serviceNoahDined on 1/30/2014Took over 40 minutes until we were able to place our dinner order. There was a lot of different options on the menu which catered to all of our taste. This was our first time here, and the waitress didn't seem happy when answering our questions about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.