21-23 Palmer Square East
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terramomo.com/
- Phone: 6099211974x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Monday- Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday- Thursday: All Day
Saturday and Sunday: Brunch 9am-Noon
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brunch Saturday and Sunday beginning at 9AM!
A word from Teresa Caffe
Simple Italian inspired fare in a neighborhood trattoria style atmosphere in Princeton's Palmer Square. Fresh, local ingredients, seasonal pasta dishes, pizzette and a predominantly regional Italian wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Teresa Caffe - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Teresa Caffe reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great location, average foodMaxxieDined on 10/15/2014Soup arrived lukewarm. Salad terrific . Service, slow. Dessert, a flan, was more like Junket, lacking density and richness.Special Features:
- disappointing experiencetraveler092013VIPDined on 10/7/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant is becoming worse. This restaurant's menu is not impressive, much worse than it used to be. Our server was somewhat angry and not pleasant. The bread was slightly stale and of a more restricted variety. They used to have good espresso, but this time it was watery and weak. Thank you.
- Should have ordered pizzapvgeminiDined on 10/6/2014Family friendly, nice ambiance, however, food was very disappointing. 3 of us each ordered salads and pasta dishes. The salads overall were decent. None of us loved our pasta. Mine had overcooked chunks of chicken. My friends were ho-hum as well. I saw some pizzas coming out of the oven, and they looked awesome. Service was a bit slow. The couple at the table next to us came in after us, and they had their food way before us?? Not sure what happened.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunchbrunch2lunchDined on 10/5/2014Weekend brunch was fabulous. One in our party had the egg pizza which was fantastic. Another really enjoyed her seafood, scallops pasta. Bread basket and olive oil were a great start. Prices more moderate for brunch/lunch-- food just as amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure betSmwebbDined on 9/30/2014I like that even with a menu which is often being updated, I can be certain of finding something I'll enjoy. This time was no exception. Service was a little too hands-off, but I received my food in a timely manner and was pleased with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014One of my favorite places in NJ. They are conscious of the environment and the food is wipe your plate fantastic.Special Features:
- Fun,casual dinningNana5Dined on 9/17/2014A casual dinning experience , excellent food and service. Suggest allowing reservations for the weekend so you are not left waiting for a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- now with outdoor diningGreenVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always very good & now they added outdoor dining. Maybe catch a few remaining warm days otherwise next year it will be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesteak47lovesteak47Dined on 8/27/2014I've been many times in the past fifteen years. The food is good and service attentive. Definitely not a place for young children. No children's menu except for the standard pasta with butter and/or cheese. Also, no wi-fi which made it difficult for us to keep a two year old entertained while sitting in a highchair. Please fix side exit meant for emergency escape was not clearly marked. I walked through it and nearly knocked a woman off her chair. Apparently an outside dining table was placed nearby and one of the diners had moved her chair in front of it and I didn't see her. The door on the outside is marked do not enter or "use other door". On the inside, there is no notation. This should be corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OKjefflissVIPDined on 8/26/2014Ambiance is lacking. Food was good but expensive for what you get.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for an early dinner and our server, Jill, I think, was wonderful. Try the calamari - yummy!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!VisitorDined on 8/25/2014We all thought our meals were good. For the dishes to be great, I believe that there needed to be more information about what you were getting and a little more savory flavor. The "pizza" said it had proscuitto and arugula. I didn't think it was going to be fresh on top and have no cheese. I thought it would be cooked I also thought that it was slightly overpriced. Others felt the same way about their dishes (salmon, pork and chicken). There could have been a little more interest in the flavoring, as well. The bruschetta appetizer was great but there wasn't enough of it for the money at a casual restaurant where you are bringing family and would like to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teresa'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I always enjoy my time at Teresa's. The atmosphere is funa nd casual. The wine is good and the food is always tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food - So-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The food, while too salty for our tastes was OK - not great - but OK. It was overpriced for the quality - but this is likely reflective of its Princeton address. Our waitress was slow and did not seem interested in us or the timing of our food. At one point she delivered a salad - and told us that she forgot to mention it was included with my meal - but she just assumed I wanted the dressing - and that is how she delivered it. I had ordered a side of meatballs with my pasta - but the meatballs were not delivered until several minutes after the pasta. A glass of wine took over 10 minutes to be delivered - and this was early in the evening with the restaurant half empty.
- First time and NICE experience!24loarDined on 8/4/2014Good, creative dishes at reasonable price. Consistent quality with good attentive servers...braised short rib filled ravioli? Brilliant! . .Special Features:
- TinaDined on 7/31/2014Great for the brunch or Lunch, Food was great and enjoyable enviorment. thank for our town having TeresaCaffe.Special Features:
- Balsalmico is Back!shannamariaDined on 7/30/2014My favorite pasta was taken off the menu for a few months, but they brought it back! Teresa's is back to being one of my top places to eat around Princeton University campus.Special Features:
- Great location, good food, ok decorAiredaleVIPDined on 7/30/2014Clearly the restaurant is a destination for the food. The restaurant is small, somewhat cramped, and very plain inside (plain white walls, big mirrors, limited ornamentation). That being said, the food is very good. Appetizers of meatballs and buffalo mozzarella were very good. Selection of beers and wines is also very good. Pizzas looked well prepared, seafood was well presented although had a little too much sodium for my taste. I'm not sure I'd go again, food wasn't noteworthy enough to make Teresa Caffe a better choice than other nearby restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food in PrincetonbrendanDined on 7/14/2014Teresa Cafe has an excellent though not extensive menu of tasty Italian food. The wine list compliments well and the service is a good balance of attention and discretion. It's busy and vibrant, more cafe than restaurant so makes a wonderfully fun night out.Special Features:
- Princeton is competitiveIvyEaterDined on 7/10/2014Food is pretty good seating is tight and slightly less than an Italian atmosphere. Princeton is highly competitive location making this a nice place to eat but not a homerun. Too many gems to choose from here to label it great.Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre servicePrincetonfoodieDined on 7/1/2014We ordered a pizza and a salmon as our main entrees and both were delicious. The food came out pretty quick, but the server seemed worn out and as if she really did not want to be working. She took our order and hardly came back after that, since other people brought our food and drinks. The tables were so close together that there was no privacy in the restaurant. Good place to grab lunch but don't go there if you're expecting a romantic night or a private dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!AnnetteDined on 6/29/2014Met a friend there for brunch and we all loved our food! I had the arugula breakfast pizza, it as awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, nice spotdiggemDined on 6/23/2014Food was delicious, wine was good (Spanish whites are always great for the price and their menu had a few), and overall a nice experience. Only hiccup was that we were initially seated between sections, and no server came to us until we asked what was going on, since they all assumed the table belonged to another server.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Teresa Caffe reviews archive.
- Delicious!YumYumDined on 6/18/2014Always an excellent meal! Great service. Fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall outstandingTinaDined on 6/9/2014It was great food and serving. It isn't for Family dinning, But out of town guest enjoyed enviroment. I will visit again with friend or guest. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasantly loudeatthisDined on 6/8/2014Two of us ordered pasta dishes which were satisfactory, by no means an excellent representation of the real thing. A friend ordered the French toast which she liked, but said the portion was a bit skimpy. Our biggest disappointment was the level of noise. We were seated immediately to the left of the door. We had to lean into the table to make conversation. We really wanted dessert, but opted to have it elsewhere.
- Enjoyed Saturday BrunchElementalDined on 5/3/2014Good food. Accommodated my 9month old in a high chair though was a bit cramped. Overall I enjoyed the French toast variant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of Five -Great TimeSweetpeaDined on 5/2/2014Food was delicious, our waitress excellent. The veggie flatbread and salmon sandwiches along with our bottle of wine, unforgettable! Great time, great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!Sun18fishDined on 4/29/2014Have been eating here for over 15 years and the food is always good. The only downside- everyone knows this and the place is almost always packed with a wait! Bonus if you have kids: there is an amazing toy store next store to visit while you wait. Favorite menu items- pizza in salary and linguine vongole. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mainstay of princetondoctorjVIPDined on 4/28/2014Teresa cafe is one of our favorite restaurants in Princeton. The food is consistently very good. The service is friendly. The prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodie47Dined on 4/28/2014A truly memorable experience. Everything is fresh and totally unique. The pasta special was like no pasta I have ever had before. My dining companion had the baby spinach with salmon and declared it the best salmon she has ever eaten. The appetizer of lightly seasoned olives was totally unique and different. Definitely a place to which we want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh flavorsFlaAmyDined on 4/24/2014Enjoyed that I could make a reservation on a weeknight and arrived to have my table waiting. Our party of five tried the two seafood pasta dishes, the verde pizza, and the swordfish special of the night. Everyone was happy with their selections which were filled with fresh vegetables and thoughtful composition. The bread and seasoned oil has that great terra taste to it. Service was efficient but not rushed. Having visited the area for several years, we found this to be one of the best values in Princeton. I imagine you may have to wait for a table on the weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Very active and noisy atmosphere. Happy customers, busy staff. Innovative tastes, fresh ingredients. Five of us met here for dinner. Parking was a challenge, and the location was a not obvious to find. Several of the guys had pizza and they really enjoyed it. I had a pasta with pork sausage dish that was very good. The waitress, a tall striking red head, had some very good recommendations. The beers offered were good but I expected a little wider offering. We had a good CA cab red wine during the meal. We all enjoyed expressos and cappuccinos and I really liked the chocolate torteSpecial Features:
- Little pricy....CrestbeachbumDined on 4/17/2014Nice menu selection with lots of variety. I know it's Princton but thought $28 for a chicken sandwich ($12) and a glass of wine ($10) with tip for lunch was rather pricy. Would like to see a house wine offered or any wine that's less than $8 for 1/3 of a glass. Sandwich and the side were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAwesomeDined on 2/23/2014Why no points? Very disappointed in open table. Next time if you want my survey give points.Special Features:
- Been to Teresa's many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/30/2014Been to Teresa's many times and the food is always delicious. It's our go-to Italian restaurant in the Princeton's Palmer Sq; Love the Perfetta and the pasta with balsamic sauce - wish the would bring back the breakfast pizza; service is attentive and the kitchen will respond to special requests; We didn't have to wait for a table on a Thursday night but weekends are always a challenge as they do not take reservations and they require the entire party present before they seat. Would recommend Teresa's and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I met my friends here priorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2013I met my friends here prior to our annual Christmas Carol at McCarters and we loved the food, atmosphere, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable meal at Theresa'smgh1Dined on 11/22/2013Theresa's has just changed the appearance of its menu but most of the items are either familiar or similar to previous incarnations. Our group split between different styles - salads, pizzette, a more formal entree - but everyone was happy with their choice and all were served and enjoyed together. The thin pizza had tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and a very thinly sliced hard sausage that made it very tasty. The bronzino fillets served over a canellini bean based vegetable medley was delicious and to my taste although some might find it cooked more than they prefer. We enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of prosecco and additional glasses of beer and wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Late night MealwineanddineVIPDined on 11/14/2013I have been here, off and on, since they opened ( I used to frequent the CW Cafe at this location before they moved to Lawrenceville). Big changes over the 2 decades, but I have always enjoyed the pastas I've sampled. Never less than 3 1/2 to 4 stars. In this instance, I booked at 9pm, showed up 15 minutes early, and was seated within 2 minutes. The paccheri was was very good, as were a couple of pints of ale. Being able to get a great meal after 9 on a weekday, makes me consider this a great late-night find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurant'sliequeVIPDined on 10/27/2012One of my favorite restaurant's in Princeton. Casual and elegant all rolled into one.