5010 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
Chevy Chase, DC
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terasolartisans.com/
- Phone: 2022375555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Brunch: Saturday: 9-2:3 pm Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Friday starting at 6:30pm, join us for a live performance by local musicians.
A word from Terasol
TERASOL, an artisan gallery and café. Interested in a quick visit to Paris? Terasol celebrates local artisans while offering a true European experience. Whether you are interested in new artistic creations or in simply sipping a nice café au lait, succulent French onion soup or delicious boeuf bourguignon while being serenaded by Edith Piaf, pack your suitcase and join us!Continued
Make sure to check out our website for our upcoming events. Check out our music nights every Fridays! See you soon!!!
Make sure to check out our website for our upcoming events. Check out our music nights every Fridays! See you soon!!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Terasol - Best Restaurants in Chevy Chase, DC ›
Terasol reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (14)romantic (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- worst ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014I have been in the hospitality business for many years and our dining experience the other night was the WORST I have ever had!!!We waited 45 minutes for even a drink order and they were not busy and it went down hill f rom there! The waitress was so spacey and kept mixing up our orders and the service was non-existent!!! I would be embarrassed to own this restaurant!! The parties around us were in complete agreement!!! We were so hopeing to have found a new neighborhood restaurant but we would NEVER go there again! AWFUL!!!!!
- Not that goodSandraDined on 9/7/2014My quiche and the onion soup were very good, although not as outstanding as the bread. The hanger steak was tough and came cold. The fries that came along were a bit limp. The goat cheese that was supposed to come chaud with the salad was not chaud and the toast it sat on was as hard as a rock. I think this place is good for brunch, or lunch; not so sure about dinner. I wish I had tried the crepes, they sound delicious. One plus is that the waiter was very friendly but one minus is that the restroom needs some attention.
- Always deliversMonkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Saturday night, there's a combo playing, which makes this a perfect place for a date, and, as always, the food and service are delightful. I feel lucky to have Terasol in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Nice lunch at TerasolUKFoodiesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Ate lunch at Terasol with a work colleague and because we were pressed for time, we didn't indulge in starters or dessert. We both had lemonade and iced tea, followed by a salmon nicoise salad and quiche Lorraine. Overall the food was very good. It would have been nice to have some green salad served with the quiche Lorraine (instead it was served with a potato salad and some pickles vegetables, but overall we enjoyed ourselves and the prices were reasonable. The restaurant was nearly empty for lunch (we arrived at 11:30), so service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceDcmomDined on 9/4/2014I went here w some friends even though we had reviews of the horrible service. There aren't a ton of good or unique restaurants in upper NW and this could fill such a hole. But it lived up to its reputation - our waitress took forever to cost the table, when she did come by she didn't know the specials or what was in the lights cheese plate. the manager (or owner?) came over and we again asked and he was so irritated that he has to be bothered to go find out about the cheeses. He also was bothered that we asked for prices on the listed drink specials. Pulling teeth. It was like they didn't want return customers. The food when we got it was good. Excellent frites, quiche, mussels, mousse. So it's a bummer they can't get their act together.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent! Much improved (food and service) over last visit about 1 1/2 years ago. Will go back.Special Features:
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and met a friend I hadn't seen for a while, so we stayed there a bit over a couple of hours and even though we were not ordering anymore, we were not rushed out. Very friendly staff. When we thank the person taking care of us for letting us stay so long, she answered: it's Sunday, you're not supposed to rush on Sunday, you're supposed to relax and take your time! I only tried the tomato/mozarella quiche that was very good. Loved their iced latte. Will go back and try more dishes out of their menu. Dined outside since the weather was amazing that day. Will have to go in and see the pottery! Ran out of time. Will definitely go back.
- Very nice lunchrobertadcVIPDined on 8/21/2014Terasol is the reason that Open Table gives you the option to describe a restaurant as "neighborhood gem." I have never had a bad experience there. The service is efficient and polite, and also friendly. The staff somehow projects a happy relationship which is contagious. My tuna ahi was perfectly prepared, the sauce delicious.Special Features:
- Celebratory MealUpperNorthWester20016Dined on 8/18/2014This has become our spot to celebrate career promotions. Thus only the fondest of memories are conjured every time we visit.Special Features:
- Onion Soup Win!AmandaVIPDined on 8/18/2014A friend and I tried out this adorable French restaurant and sat outside to enjoy the weather. The servicewas great and the onion soup was divine!!Special Features:
- Charming taste of FrancelocalfolksDined on 8/15/2014We totally enjoiyed our dinner at Terasol. They were courteous and friendly and particularly appreciative of our having taken the trouble to reserve in advance. The food is traditional French Bistro food often with a slightly modern twist. They have many specials and a more than adequate wine list, with a few good choices in each category, available by the glass. The dessert choices are fairly routine, but well prepared. They could do with at least one dessert special to spice up the finish. While the total would not be considered cheap, we thought we got good value for our money.Special Features:
- 1st time to visitOceanMarkDined on 8/15/2014Great experience. Very good food. Wonderful music.Special Features:
- Outsatanding Live JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014As usual, the live jazz duo provided an enjoyable ambience to complement the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good, with one caveatGuidoVIPDined on 8/5/2014Terasol remains the best restaurant in the area, despite competition from newly-opened, packed Macon. It has a richer menu (alas, they dropped half-price wines on Tuesdays), the cooking is better, and it is infinitely quieter, with one caveat. Some of the servers are terribly loud as they announce specials and take orders, disrupting the restaurant's tranquility. But that should be an easy fix.
- Wonderful neighborhood bistroButta1Dined on 8/1/2014This spot is smallish and tight seating but the food is on. Classic bistro so don't expect whispering, hovering waitstaff or crazy heavy sauces. Honest,tasty food served with smiles and enthusiasm. Friday evening music is a charming touch. 2 teenagers with us used to best world restaurants as well as street food internationally and they enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Wonderful casual weekend brunchskylonsevenVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is a perfect neighborhood weekend brunch spot. The dishes are terrific. French influenced, there is something for everyone. And eating outside during nice weather is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!!ReneeVIPDined on 7/18/2014We just love going to Terasol! It's like being in Paris, yet only a few blocks away. Our dinner was delicious. It was terrific to sit outside with the September-like weather in mid-July. Terasol is a real gem!Special Features:
- Surprising gem on Conn. Ave.mimaof4VIPDined on 7/18/2014Delicious lunch:healthy, flavorful salads, yummy gazpacho to start. Friendly but not overbearing service. Surprising gem tucked into small space on busy Connecticut Ave. Only negative was dessert menu of overly rich choices. We were offered mango sorbet, off-menu, which was a perfect ending to lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good neighborhood restuarentauntannieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had a very nice dinner with a friend the other night. Service was just right allowing us to linger over our meals while we caught up with each other. I have eaten here twice recently - once with a group of 5 for lunch and this one with 2 of us for dinner. Both times everyone was very pleased. I love the blue cheese quiche, but the only suggestion I would make is to not pair it with potato salad - some green salad would be perfect. Chocolate bread pudding is very decadent!Special Features:
- It's all goodthirstyjournoDined on 7/15/2014Some hard choices at Terasol. Frisee or Nicoise? Cod or moules? Bourguignon or bouillabaisse? Good problems to have. You can eat French and eat healthy -- it's Med/garlic/veg, not Paris/bechamel/glop. Not a big pile of potatoes either. Lentil soup if you must. If you're feeling too virtuous, there's creme brulee, creme caramel, chocolat and sorbet. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Saturday LunchDCVisitorVIPDined on 7/12/2014We took a large group to lunch last Saturday and had a delightful meal with warm, attentive service. We felt transported in the sunny, arty space and all enjoyed their meals. Well done and we will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Disappointsbette55VIPDined on 6/29/2014Everything is great about Terasol except the food. The location is perfect, the decor is interesting and the staff is very nice. It looks like it's going to be a great french meal. The bread is delicious and the wine list is interesting. But both times I've eaten there the food is just mediocre. The other night, they had gazpacho as an appetizer special. The flavor was fine but the soup was thin. I also had roasted chicken which was over cooked and a brown sauce that could have come out of a can. It wasn't horrible. It was just not very good. I'm really rooting for this restaurant because it is a nice addition to the neighborhood. I will probably go back one more time but I think they've got work to do in the kitchen. I hope they do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TurtleSoupDined on 6/28/2014The food and atmosphere are top notch! The service was very attentive and helpful. Our party of four enjoyed an early dinner before a show. Two of us had the mussels which were the best mussels I've ever eaten...and I've eaten a lot of mussels. One of our party had the hanger steak and another the gazpacho and quiche au roquefort. We pretty much licked our plates clean. All was delicious! The restaurant itself is in a nice neighborhood and we found parking right out front. We highly recommend Terasol!Special Features:
- Overlooked gemTrimalchioDined on 6/20/2014The food puts Le Diplomate in the shade and on weekend nights there is usually some understated combo laying down some tasy jazz. This place certainly doesn't garner the attention of DC's splashier establishments, but they do a bang-up job. Very reasonable wine list. Seafood specials are espically noteworthy. Paté is superb, & crab deviled egg app. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014We go here all the time. Food is always great, service is consistently good too. The live music on Friday and Saturday nights is always fabulous and provides for an inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- girlfriendDined on 5/28/2014Good spot for an evening catch up with friends during the week - can actually have a conversation. My boullaboise was the special of the evening but I thought it was just okay. It was a very (too) generous portion the fish and mussels were tasty but the shrimps were chewy. My friend asked for rare seared tuna but thought the fish cut was too muscular so a bit chewy. My other friend really liked the roast chicken in the caesar salad. The beef bourgignon on an earlier visit (shortly after the restuarant opened) was fabulous - we didn't try it on this recent wamer evening. The chocolate bread pudding dessert was delicious! Service was charming and attentive. The atmosphere is welcoming, great idea to display local artisans work.Special Features:
- Excellent menutdn2801Dined on 5/27/2014Master chef prepares excellent salads, soups and fish and meat dishes; helpful server.Special Features:
- Great FindFoodie4VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food and service made this such a marvelous experience, my in-laws asked for the card so they could return on their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood French spot!RyanDined on 5/23/2014Terasol has a diverse menu with plenty of classic-fare french options. If you're looking for deliciously authentic French cuisine at an understated cafe with an affordable wine list, this is your place. Go elsewhere if you're looking for vegan French-Thai fusion. Great service too. We used to always go to Le Chat Noir for French... they may have been replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming neighborhood bistroLGfromDCDined on 5/21/2014Lovely salads, mussels, soups. Charming space with friendly, capable waiters and a decent wine list (loved the sparkling rose). Generous portions. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent bistrot food!NervousRexVIPDined on 5/21/2014Great bistrot on upper Conn. Ave. Chef Hector is wonderful with his detailed touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the Terasol reviews archive.
- Terasol dinnerJimBDined on 5/18/2014The food was excellent; the ambiance was mediocre and the service was unprofessional.
- We'd go backBeefcraverDined on 5/17/2014Good place, tasty food and a nice environment, just don't expect a fine dining experience, which it is not. Lentil soup appetizer was quite good, but not the deviled eggs. Salmon and risotto was good but too little risotto. Chicken stew was tasty but it comes with chicken on the bone in a small serving bowl so it's difficult to eat. Portions are smaller, a good thing. Another guest had lamb which looked really good. Service is friendly but coarse. Had to keep asking for water glass refill. They brought the wrong entrée and came back soon with the correct one. Check total was more than the individual items -- a math error that they fixed with apologies. Get a table against the wall, not in the middle where people brush you on both sides.Special Features:
- neighborhood delightDCdinerVIPDined on 5/14/2014Delicious onion soup. Nice addition to neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchellencDined on 5/11/2014We were looking for a neighborhood restaurant (Chevy Chase) with a casual setting and interesting food. This was our first visit and it proved to be a terrific choice. Lovely restaurant with the BEST coffee, nice menu selections, good food and friendly staff. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- one of my favorite placesdc2356893Dined on 5/11/2014This place is wonderful--excellent food, lovely space, and very friendly staff. It's one of my favorite places to go, whether for casual lunch, celebratory dinner, or just for a glass of wine and a snack in the afternoon. I wish there were more places like it!Special Features:
- Good Food; Slow ServiceRandyHDined on 5/10/2014The steak frites were good but not the typical cut of meat; instead of a hanger steak or skirt steak it was more like a Salisbury steak. It tasted fine but was not what I expected. I wasn't impressed by either glass of red wine, but the chocolate bread pudding was phenomenal.
- Half a foot in FranceMabelDodgeDined on 5/8/2014If you're looking for the perfect French Baguette, Terasol's makes you think you're back in France. As to its Salad Nicoise, while the ingredients were tasty, it was an American version of the French classic.Special Features:
- Great Little PlaceTrimalchioDined on 5/2/2014We typically go after hearing a writer speak at Politics and Prose (across the street). Consistently delicious food, a fine, reasonably priced wine list, an understated jazz combo plaing at the bar, good people-watching among the urbane clientele, all make a perfect compliment to the literary sampling, and for an eminently civilized night out.Special Features:
- CharmingPickyDined on 4/11/2014Pros: Portion size was better than expected. Presentation delightful. Cooked to my liking the first time. Wine list was sufficient for pairings. Live entertainment. Clean Cozy for two, but no more than a party of 6, cramped if more than that, unless you want the whole facility for work function. Outdoor seating, when available. Cons: Noise level a little high due to life entertainment, but not over whelming. Tad pricey.Special Features: