1602 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tequilasphilly.com/
- Phone: 2155460181x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Note: We require that your entire party be present, prior to being seated.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Claudio Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties of 20 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Rosario 2159068519x
- Special Events: We feature prix fixe menus on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day (please contact us for the details). Tequila Nights are held monthly.
- Cross Street: 16th Street
- Public Transit: Located at 16th & Locusts where the #2 bus meets the #12 bus. And at the PATCO 16th Street exit.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off-street parking is available. Various moderately priced parking lots on Latimer street between 15th & 16th streets.
A word from Tequila's Restaurant
Tequilas Restaurant serving authentic Mexican Cuisine for over 25 years. Please note; only special menus may be available on Valentine's Day,and New Year's Eve. Please call us to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)good for groups (78)special occasion (67)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (61)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- 50 minute wait for tableRobSDined on 10/18/2014I booked a table for 10 people 1 week ago for a special occassion. I had heard good things about the food, but was pretty disappointed that we had to wait 50 minutes for a table when I had a reservation. On top of that, they told us we would be seated once, then gave the table to another group that was "ahead of us." At least they gave us some free apps, and the bar was good for a drink. But still very annoying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is AWESOME-Wait staff and food were amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent food and tequillasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014This is a great spot for upscale Mexican cuisine. We have been here a few times and it is always good. My wife loved the Carne Aguacate and special Margarita that Vinnie the bartender made her. I had the Grouper in Salsas Tequila - also very good. The waiter and bartender made a few really tasty recommendations on sipping Tequilas and Mezcals as well. Nice experience and good meal.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Wonderful.SteveVIPDined on 10/14/2014We chose Tequila's on a whim. It was close to the theatre and we were in the mood for Mexican food. We had no idea how wonderful the food would be or how beautiful this restaurant was. The wait staff was magnificent. We will absolutely be returning - sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Great!MandyDined on 10/10/2014Was with a group of 10 celebrating my sister's engagement. Food was fantastic, service was great. Only complaint was that the tables were really close together and it was quite loud. Will come back for the food, but would hesitate to come back for a special occasion as it would be hard to make conversation it was so loud.Special Features:
- Awesome!GreatDined on 10/10/2014David Suro does it right! One of the best in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceashleyannVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Tequila's many times because the food is always delicious and the service is quite good. This time was not quite up to par though. The waiter was rushing us through our meal, even though we were on time for our reservation. In his hurry to clear the table at one point he spilled out ceviche. He said he would bring more but we asked for a round of drinks instead. He only brought back one drink and then didn't return for my friend to even order another until we ordered dessert. The food was good as usual, disappointing service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dinnerCalgourmetVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a group of 8 people and got a table in the bar area, which turned out to be fine because it wasn't super noisy. I could still hear people at the other end of the table. The food was excellent; some of the dishes had a real spicy kick (which most of us liked) but be sure and ask if you don't like spicy. They can accommodate you. I really enjoyed the mole poblano and they were abla to accommodate our 2 vegetarians just fine. Service was attentive but not pushy. All in all everyone was happy with the dinner. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Discovering the CityMerleBeeDined on 10/10/2014Six of us from across the river stumbled on this place while looking for something within walking distance of the Academy of Music. The venue is vibrant, the food is brilliant, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Walking in one anticipates that the dining area will be small and I was concerned as we had six folks in our group and one of them is extremely tall and oft times finds restaurants, theaters and such to be very uncomfortable. However the venue opens up into several larger rooms. The freshly made to order Guac was out of this world, the tequila was fabulous. We just really, really had a wonderful experience! Will definitely go again and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & delectable!LeeHDined on 10/10/2014I very much enjoyed our recent small-group lunch at Tequila's. The staff were very friendly and entertaining (I liked the Margarita delivered atop the waiter's head!). The room was an elegant old brownstone, beautifully restored. The food (grouper stuffed with shrimp and calamari) was excellent and unique. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Great serviceGoldenspoon11Dined on 10/9/2014Nice place, good food and the best of all was our server Manuel who was friendly, patient and had always a smile on his face... Also the waiter of the table next to us was serving champagne and he was carrying the glasses on his head !! Impressive and fun to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a personal favoritekrisDined on 10/4/2014Have been to Tequilas too many times to count... this place is just fantastic! I've never had a dish that I didn't absolutely love. Outstanding service ALWAYS. Great for special occasions ... if you're looking for a little excitement, order the café diablo for dessert - but make sure you order more than just 1! They put on quite a show, and the more drinks ordered the more fun it is! :) Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!ShashiDined on 10/3/2014It's no wonder this place is ALWAYS packed! Once you dine at Tequila's you don't want to go anyplace else. It's not just dinner, it's an experience from the moment you walk in the door. They make the best margarita's, serve the freshest fish and without a doubt the best steaks anywhere. Make sure you start with their amazing appetizers. Chicken Tortilla soup, Quesa Fundido, Cerviche, camerones rellano's and the oysters are like nothing you can find anywhere else. This is just for dinner... just wait until you try the brunch and happy hour! YUM!!!!! You will not be disappointed~Special Features:
- KARENmomma1Dined on 10/3/2014I HAVE ENJOYED TEQUILA'S RESTAURANT ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS BUT THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. FIRST AND FORMOST OUR WAITER WAS DOWNRIGHT RUDE. INTERRUPTING OUR CONVERSATIONS AND IN THE END CHARGED US FOR ANOTHER TABLE'S FOOD. I DO NOT KNOW IF THE TEMPERATURE OF OUR FOOD WAS HIS FAULT BUT I WOULD NOT PUT ANYTHING PAST HIM. HE DID NOT DESERVE A JOB.
- Good week night dinnerJesseMLDined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed a week night dinner here. The evening moved quickly, although we were not rushed at all. Enjoyed it very much. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different in a good wayPGargDined on 9/30/2014it is perfect for a special occasion celebration. Loved the outdoor sitting. Inside ambiance is great with wooden panels, and candles - warm and welcoming. Food is great. first ever time i enjoyed Mexican sea food. Love the sauces used over dishes. I have never been to Mexico or south western US, but i feel I ate authentic. (might be i am wrong)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLikefoooooodDined on 9/29/2014Food was beyond expectation and service was friendly and knowledgable. Restaurant interior has an antique classy look, really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila's - Our Top ChoiceTillierootsDined on 9/27/2014Dinner at Tequila's is always worth the drive from the suburbs to the city. The food is super fresh and the service is consistently warm and attentive. This past visit I was reluctant to steer away from my usual favorite of chicken breast with chihuahua cheese, but was so satisfied with the seafood special of grilled branzino stuffed with spinach in a tangy sauce. It was delicious! For real margaritas, authentic Mexican food and a grownup atmosphere, Tequila's is our top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulkbeansVIPDined on 9/26/2014My family had a great dinner @ Tequila's. Our server was excellent and very sweet to our 10 year-old daughter. Food was amazing!Special Features:
- FantasticJulesDined on 9/20/2014We love this place, always will, Oscar et al, they treat us like gold! Will be back time and again!Special Features:
- Pleasent SurpriseDatenightDined on 9/19/2014This was a excellent restaurant had a great time service was good food was excellent recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Mexican in PhillyStikuponDined on 9/19/2014Before visiting Philly I wanted to find a good Mexican restaurant that had good food, drinks and nice atmosphere. Found a number of options with various reviews. All seemed to point to Tequila's as the best option. Boy were we not disappointed. The food was fantastic. They offer guacamole but it's not on the menu. You have to request and the portion you receive is huge. My favorite dish was the Queso Fundido. The portion was perfect and served with both corn and flour tortillas. The service was excellent with our server Juan doing a great job. Even recommended a terrific beer and margaritas for the table. Definitely recommend Tequila's for just about any occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJerryDined on 9/19/2014Food and service were great! We were a party of 8 and we were late. They help the table for us on a very busy Friday night....Awesome customer service. Louis our waiter was great as well, and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieMchhlDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed a meal with a colleague. Good margaritas although not strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty!HarvesterDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, and the ambiance was very nice. A little noisy but all else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant wk 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I went with a friend for restaurant week, so I'm not sure what things are like on a normal night. Service seemed a bit disorganized and was on the slower side. We were in no rush though, and enjoyed sitting outside in the beautiful weather. The food, especially the tortilla soup, was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I know normally people comment on the food, which was very good. But I'll focus on the staff, which was excellent and accommodating!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Our server was spectacular and the food was amazing. Considering it was restaurant week and busy we were still served within good time frame was checked on. It was little dark in terms of little and loud at that start then died down in volume towards the end. That honestly would be my only 'complaint' if that was to be considered one. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to experience great service and food.Special Features:
- Great restaurant week meallem7041Dined on 9/14/2014I went there for restaurant week, as it would be too expensive for me to afford otherwise. The food was amazing, the ingredients were very fresh and everything was seasoned beautifully. The atmosphere was the perfect mix of relaxing and entertaining. I would go back again any time I have the opportunity!Special Features:
- Fun place- great foodTubbsDined on 9/12/2014This place is really good. The service was awesome and we all loved the food. Kinda expensive... We got a pitcher of margaritas $58- and they were really weak- tasted like all mixer. So that was the only thing that was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience.rdmlDined on 9/12/2014Due to high traffic congestion and downtown events, some members of our party were 30 minutes late. Tequila's policy is that the reservation will be given away after 15 minutes. There were people waiting for tables, so this was done. But, when all of our party finally arrived, the restaurant staff went above and beyond to find space outdoors for us, and to seat us all together. They were great, attentive, and the service was outstanding. The food was high quality and delicious. Our only regret was that we would not be in town long enough to return a second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to Tequilas for lunch multiple times and this was my first time for dinner. It was even better than my lunch experience. Terrific service, great ambience, and amazing food.Special Features:
- So mad I didn't know soonerMyabeanDined on 9/9/2014Just when I thought I had experienced everything the Philly dining scene had to offer...There was Tequilas! Was the ambience to the waiter to food. Just simply amazing. My new favSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican in Phillypezz77VIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been a fan of Tequila's for many years. Not sure why I hadn't written a review yet! Since I first moved to Philly from Mexico, this has been my favorite Mexican restaurant of all times. I love coming here for special occasions, happy hour or just lunch. We also had our rehearsal dinner here and they did such a wonderful job of cooking for 40 people, everyone was talking about our rehearsal food for months. Their bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly and the food never disappoints. Try the ceviche, guacamole and the tortilla soup.Special Features:
- Amazing as usual!SPSD2014Dined on 9/7/2014My wife and I frequent Tequilas and we have never left disappointed. The food is just outstanding and the service is the best we have ever had. Our waiter, Silvio, was very personable and even remembered us from our last visit and what we even ordered! It had been almost 6 months since we last dined there. We cannot wait to return and will be asking for him but anybody we have ever had did just as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent!KellyreviewDined on 9/6/2014Food and margarita lists are extensive and unique. Staff is highly attentive and customization requests are always honored. Everything is fresh and delicious. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more, average food!PhillyPhilipDined on 8/29/2014The location is excellent, inviting atmosphere, location a plus, service was great with the exception that my especial request thru Open Table was omitted, felt disappointed about this, wanted the experience to be an unexpected surprise. For the location, the price, and the ambiance the place has great potential; however, I will recommend to the restaurant: more emphasis on the food, the quality and the options are lacking. Expected more, much more from the food, especially considering the vast variety of the Mexican food.Special Features:
- Mexican food in PhillyLB624Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our first mexican food experience in Philadelphia! Our waiter was fine, but pretty slow. I thoroughly enjoyed the chile rellenos, and my husband had delicious shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceAlonzoDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant because we In love with the food and service the last time we were there. The second was the same, simply outstanding. When in Philly; we will visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I have had dinner and lunch here multiple times in the past several years and have never had a bad meal. Everything is always excellent. Service is great, everyone is friendly and fun.Special Features: