1602 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tequilasphilly.com/
- Phone: 2155460181x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Note: We require that your entire party be present, prior to being seated.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Claudio Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties of 20 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Rosario 2159068519x
- Special Events: We feature prix fixe menus on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day (please contact us for the details). Tequila Nights are held monthly.
- Cross Street: 16th Street
- Public Transit: Located at 16th & Locusts where the #2 bus meets the #12 bus. And at the PATCO 16th Street exit.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off-street parking is available. Various moderately priced parking lots on Latimer street between 15th & 16th streets.
A word from Tequila's Restaurant
Tequilas Restaurant serving authentic Mexican Cuisine for over 25 years. Please note; only special menus may be available on Valentine's Day,and New Year's Eve. Please call us to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)good for groups (68)romantic (64)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (25)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- MarieMchhlDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed a meal with a colleague. Good margaritas although not strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty!HarvesterDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, and the ambiance was very nice. A little noisy but all else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Our server was spectacular and the food was amazing. Considering it was restaurant week and busy we were still served within good time frame was checked on. It was little dark in terms of little and loud at that start then died down in volume towards the end. That honestly would be my only 'complaint' if that was to be considered one. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to experience great service and food.Special Features:
- Great restaurant week mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014I went there for restaurant week, as it would be too expensive for me to afford otherwise. The food was amazing, the ingredients were very fresh and everything was seasoned beautifully. The atmosphere was the perfect mix of relaxing and entertaining. I would go back again any time I have the opportunity!Special Features:
- Fun place- great foodTubbsDined on 9/12/2014This place is really good. The service was awesome and we all loved the food. Kinda expensive... We got a pitcher of margaritas $58- and they were really weak- tasted like all mixer. So that was the only thing that was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to Tequilas for lunch multiple times and this was my first time for dinner. It was even better than my lunch experience. Terrific service, great ambience, and amazing food.Special Features:
- So mad I didn't know soonerMyabeanDined on 9/9/2014Just when I thought I had experienced everything the Philly dining scene had to offer...There was Tequilas! Was the ambience to the waiter to food. Just simply amazing. My new favSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usual!SPSD2014Dined on 9/7/2014My wife and I frequent Tequilas and we have never left disappointed. The food is just outstanding and the service is the best we have ever had. Our waiter, Silvio, was very personable and even remembered us from our last visit and what we even ordered! It had been almost 6 months since we last dined there. We cannot wait to return and will be asking for him but anybody we have ever had did just as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent!KellyreviewDined on 9/6/2014Food and margarita lists are extensive and unique. Staff is highly attentive and customization requests are always honored. Everything is fresh and delicious. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more, average food!PhillyPhilipDined on 8/29/2014The location is excellent, inviting atmosphere, location a plus, service was great with the exception that my especial request thru Open Table was omitted, felt disappointed about this, wanted the experience to be an unexpected surprise. For the location, the price, and the ambiance the place has great potential; however, I will recommend to the restaurant: more emphasis on the food, the quality and the options are lacking. Expected more, much more from the food, especially considering the vast variety of the Mexican food.Special Features:
- Mexican food in PhillyLB624Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our first mexican food experience in Philadelphia! Our waiter was fine, but pretty slow. I thoroughly enjoyed the chile rellenos, and my husband had delicious shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceAlonzoDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant because we In love with the food and service the last time we were there. The second was the same, simply outstanding. When in Philly; we will visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I have had dinner and lunch here multiple times in the past several years and have never had a bad meal. Everything is always excellent. Service is great, everyone is friendly and fun.Special Features:
- Impecable as alwayswestyDined on 8/15/2014We drive 1.5 hrs to eat here and its always worth it. You will find no finer Mexican food unless you go to Mexico itself. Hats off to the chef and the wait staff. You provide a top notch experience ever single time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was hopping. Nonetheless, the service was attentive and friendly. Food was excellent. Two of us had grouper, a special, that was among the best ever dishes. Guacamole and chips were perfectly prepared and fresh. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicioustrizani83Dined on 8/9/2014I've been here a few times now, the food is always very good and the guac is top notch. Our service wasn't the best this time around, but it was the waitress' first week on the job, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. We'll always be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayantldistefDined on 8/2/2014We had a great dinner at Tequila's....as always. We took several other couples with us, and everyone had a great meal.Special Features:
- Happy Surprise!Philly313Dined on 8/2/2014We haven't been to this restaurant in quite awhile. We left wondering why not. Our meal was excellent! From the chips and salsa, to the empanada, to the grilled fish and the shrimp special - we were thrilled with our meal. It was well seasoned, fresh, and good portions. I especially appreciated the flavor. The salsa had a nice little kick and the diablo seasoning brought some heat. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Comida Era Muy DeliciosaHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food, drinks and service for our group of six was outstanding. Even though we were at the table at the entrance to the bar and right across from the bar, the noise and traffic did not interrupt our mail or affect our service. The staff was very attentive and helpful to our group members who could not decide what they wanted to eat. For a group that often eats like birds, we devoured everything -- the food was just that good. If you are a sangria fan, I would suggest the pitchers of sangria. It went great with the mail and had its own spicy zest that made it go down easy. And the churros for dessert were to die for!! So go get some of the great food there. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- This place has it all!!!Foodiegirl13Dined on 8/2/2014Incredible service, authentic food, and fabulous drinks! What more can you ask for?! This is a favorite of ours when visiting Philly - it's always fantastic. The guacamole options are great, the specials are always outstanding...never had a dish that we didn't love! Staff is incredible and Siembra Azul is one of the greatest tequilas on the market. Exceeds expectations each and every visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Authentic Mexican!BigZPhillyDined on 8/1/2014I've been going to Tequila's Restaurant for many years and have always found it to be excellent food at a fair price. This isn't Taco Bell folks, this is authentic, extremely high-quality cuisine!!! The service is excellent, the drinks amazing and the food always surprises me with its freshness and flavor. Every time we finish dinner we find ourselves asking why we don't eat here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServicefoodforthoughtDined on 7/30/2014Head such an awesome dinner the other night, service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queso Fundido for Days!yummyyummyinmytummyDined on 7/19/2014We went to gorge ourselves after a 5k on Saturday. The mojitos and queso are PERFECT.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningeaterDined on 7/17/2014Good food, good service, great outdoor space. Food is presented very attractively and super Margaritas. Sidewalk dining on Locust St., which was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black bean soup!BackagainVIPDined on 7/14/2014The best !! Always a great experience. Food and service are both fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Tequila's never disappoints me. The food was great and our waiter was very polite. The only issue I had was that I made a reservation for a special occasion and we were seated by the opening of the restaurant. It was not very intimate with guests walking in and out right by our table. Other than that, everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!sricksVIPDined on 7/13/2014The guacamole was top notch. Really enjoyed the mole chicken, as did others at my table. Salmon was so good my husband didn't save me a bite. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!LNewphLockDined on 7/12/2014Went last minute on a Saturday just as they were opening, and everything was great! Great food, and greet drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenoritaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014everyone was so respectful. thank you. will be back again.Special Features:
- Where they corralled usLessthanbefore2014Dined on 7/5/2014I made reservation for a first date. I asked for a nice romantic area ( that I know exists because I've been there before ) but instead they seated us at a double door table directly aside the front enterance. It was a hot night to begin with, and we only felt the warm air coming from the street. It seemed, because it was a slow night ( a lot of people down the shore ) we were corralled into the same room with three other reservations. The server was nice and helpful but not what I had as an experience in the past. I use to rate this restaurant as my go to spot for the best experience in the city. Now, I may have to look for a different great experience. Everyone can cook great food, but the experience is what keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableNonniedDined on 7/5/2014All of the dishes on the menu are tasty and well prepared, and many are unique in flavor, such as the Sopa de Tortillas, which is one of my favorites. Add that to the reasonable prices, friendly and efficient service with a flair, and a beautiful, artistic setting in which it's easy to enjoy conversations while dining, and you have a restaurant that's hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for upscale MexicanMommaorr1Dined on 7/2/2014Very good selection of more refined Mexican cooking. I did find the food a bit salty which always makes me wonder if salt is a sub for good seasoning, and although the owner makes his own Tequila, I'm not sure it didn't leave me with a slight headache the next day after just two drinks. Very, very loud and hard to hear. The guacamole was rather bland, unless you added the "extras" that they brought to the table with the mashed avocados. I would have rather seen how their recipe stacks up. Good value for the cost. Servers were great and obviously well trained.Special Features:
- Perfection!TAO1927Dined on 6/28/2014Tequila's is a perfect 10! I loved everything about this restaurant. The mango and crab guacomole was phenomenal! The rose margarita was a unique, interesting, and refreshing twist to the traditional margarita. Their traditional margarita was also very delicious. Our entrees were incredible! Just the right amount of food, not too little and not too much) presented beautifully on the plates. We dinned outside and it was just a fabulous summer night! I can't say enough about the service. Our waiter was wonderful! He was knowledgable, personable and entertained us all serving beverages that he balanced on the top of his head. He even ran down a whole city block to return my sweater that I left behind. I highlyrecommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!lovemexicanDined on 6/27/2014Never been here before. Couldn't get a reservation at another Mexican restaurant so decided to try Tequila's. Glad I did! Food was great-champagne Margarita a must try. Now I have another fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superb!NancyHDined on 6/24/2014Great vibe - service - food and cocktails- CONSISTENTLY! Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrDocDined on 6/21/2014Always consistent. Great food and great service. Would highly recommend as a great place for fun with friends and s great meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!aas66Dined on 6/18/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend last night and we had THE BEST Mexican meal EVER!! I can't complain about anything. The ambience was great, the service was PHENOMENAL, and every entree our table ordered was delicious! The waitress was so informative and attentive to our needs…..probably the best waitress we ever had (and we go out to dinner a LOT). We ordered a pitcher of Sangria for the 3 of us and there was soooo much Sangria in it. It was very deceiving, but we stayed until it was empty!!! As a matter of fact, we didn't want to leave at all! We had such a good time and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Experience!KeeferDined on 6/17/2014The Waitress and Food was outstanding! No doubt one of the best Mexican restaurants in Philly if not on he East Coast! The service was impeccable and the waitress loved her job and made our entire night even better!Special Features:
- el vez who?fattyfatfatDined on 6/14/2014I was hearing a lot of good things about Tequila's from friends and co-workers so I decided to try it. The restaurant felt pretty big compared to a lot of places in Philly. The girls started off with the Rose Margarita, it was so good. We then got one of the the special guac's for the night with peanuts and chipotle sauce which was amazing. I had the Molcajete de Pollo - I highly recommend this to anyone. It is a lot of food two people could split this very easily. Another person got the same dish but with beef. He said it was excellent. The two others both had Enchiladas Playa, I tried a bite of it and that was also delicious. Our waiter was very nice, we did not wait long at all for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanStyleMakerAnneDined on 6/14/2014Tequila's is substantially more expensive that the average Mexican restaurant, but the experience is similarly elevated. Never have I seen such regard to presentation with Mexican food, and it tasted as good as it looked.