1602 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tequilasphilly.com/
- Phone: 2155460181x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Note: We require that your entire party be present, prior to being seated.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Claudio Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties of 20 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Rosario 2159068519x
- Special Events: We feature prix fixe menus on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day (please contact us for the details). Tequila Nights are held monthly.
- Cross Street: 16th Street
- Public Transit: Located at 16th & Locusts where the #2 bus meets the #12 bus. And at the PATCO 16th Street exit.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off-street parking is available. Various moderately priced parking lots on Latimer street between 15th & 16th streets.
A word from Tequila's Restaurant
Tequilas Restaurant serving authentic Mexican Cuisine for over 25 years. Please note; only special menus may be available on Valentine's Day,and New Year's Eve. Please call us to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (64)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Queso Fundido for Days!yummyyummyinmytummyDined on 7/19/2014We went to gorge ourselves after a 5k on Saturday. The mojitos and queso are PERFECT.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningeaterDined on 7/17/2014Good food, good service, great outdoor space. Food is presented very attractively and super Margaritas. Sidewalk dining on Locust St., which was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black bean soup!BackagainVIPDined on 7/14/2014The best !! Always a great experience. Food and service are both fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Tequila's never disappoints me. The food was great and our waiter was very polite. The only issue I had was that I made a reservation for a special occasion and we were seated by the opening of the restaurant. It was not very intimate with guests walking in and out right by our table. Other than that, everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!sricksVIPDined on 7/13/2014The guacamole was top notch. Really enjoyed the mole chicken, as did others at my table. Salmon was so good my husband didn't save me a bite. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!LNewphLockDined on 7/12/2014Went last minute on a Saturday just as they were opening, and everything was great! Great food, and greet drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenoritaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014everyone was so respectful. thank you. will be back again.Special Features:
- Where they corralled usLessthanbefore2014Dined on 7/5/2014I made reservation for a first date. I asked for a nice romantic area ( that I know exists because I've been there before ) but instead they seated us at a double door table directly aside the front enterance. It was a hot night to begin with, and we only felt the warm air coming from the street. It seemed, because it was a slow night ( a lot of people down the shore ) we were corralled into the same room with three other reservations. The server was nice and helpful but not what I had as an experience in the past. I use to rate this restaurant as my go to spot for the best experience in the city. Now, I may have to look for a different great experience. Everyone can cook great food, but the experience is what keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableNonniedDined on 7/5/2014All of the dishes on the menu are tasty and well prepared, and many are unique in flavor, such as the Sopa de Tortillas, which is one of my favorites. Add that to the reasonable prices, friendly and efficient service with a flair, and a beautiful, artistic setting in which it's easy to enjoy conversations while dining, and you have a restaurant that's hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for upscale MexicanMommaorr1Dined on 7/2/2014Very good selection of more refined Mexican cooking. I did find the food a bit salty which always makes me wonder if salt is a sub for good seasoning, and although the owner makes his own Tequila, I'm not sure it didn't leave me with a slight headache the next day after just two drinks. Very, very loud and hard to hear. The guacamole was rather bland, unless you added the "extras" that they brought to the table with the mashed avocados. I would have rather seen how their recipe stacks up. Good value for the cost. Servers were great and obviously well trained.Special Features:
- Perfection!TAO1927Dined on 6/28/2014Tequila's is a perfect 10! I loved everything about this restaurant. The mango and crab guacomole was phenomenal! The rose margarita was a unique, interesting, and refreshing twist to the traditional margarita. Their traditional margarita was also very delicious. Our entrees were incredible! Just the right amount of food, not too little and not too much) presented beautifully on the plates. We dinned outside and it was just a fabulous summer night! I can't say enough about the service. Our waiter was wonderful! He was knowledgable, personable and entertained us all serving beverages that he balanced on the top of his head. He even ran down a whole city block to return my sweater that I left behind. I highlyrecommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!lovemexicanDined on 6/27/2014Never been here before. Couldn't get a reservation at another Mexican restaurant so decided to try Tequila's. Glad I did! Food was great-champagne Margarita a must try. Now I have another fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superb!NancyHDined on 6/24/2014Great vibe - service - food and cocktails- CONSISTENTLY! Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrDocDined on 6/21/2014Always consistent. Great food and great service. Would highly recommend as a great place for fun with friends and s great meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!aas66Dined on 6/18/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend last night and we had THE BEST Mexican meal EVER!! I can't complain about anything. The ambience was great, the service was PHENOMENAL, and every entree our table ordered was delicious! The waitress was so informative and attentive to our needs…..probably the best waitress we ever had (and we go out to dinner a LOT). We ordered a pitcher of Sangria for the 3 of us and there was soooo much Sangria in it. It was very deceiving, but we stayed until it was empty!!! As a matter of fact, we didn't want to leave at all! We had such a good time and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Experience!KeeferDined on 6/17/2014The Waitress and Food was outstanding! No doubt one of the best Mexican restaurants in Philly if not on he East Coast! The service was impeccable and the waitress loved her job and made our entire night even better!Special Features:
- el vez who?fattyfatfatDined on 6/14/2014I was hearing a lot of good things about Tequila's from friends and co-workers so I decided to try it. The restaurant felt pretty big compared to a lot of places in Philly. The girls started off with the Rose Margarita, it was so good. We then got one of the the special guac's for the night with peanuts and chipotle sauce which was amazing. I had the Molcajete de Pollo - I highly recommend this to anyone. It is a lot of food two people could split this very easily. Another person got the same dish but with beef. He said it was excellent. The two others both had Enchiladas Playa, I tried a bite of it and that was also delicious. Our waiter was very nice, we did not wait long at all for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanStyleMakerAnneDined on 6/14/2014Tequila's is substantially more expensive that the average Mexican restaurant, but the experience is similarly elevated. Never have I seen such regard to presentation with Mexican food, and it tasted as good as it looked.
- Best Restaurant in the City!ShashiDined on 6/12/2014Not only does Tequila's have the best food, they have the best margarita's hands down! We have been going here for over 12 years and have never had a bad meal. No matter what you choose on the menu, you can't go wrong. Make sure you try their own tequila, Siembra Azul... YUM!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/11/2014The dinner was delicious. The waiter serves your drinks from his head which was a great site. The menu is hard to read as it is very dark in there. And we also waited about 30 minutes before we finally asked someone for the check.Special Features:
- Best Mexican food in town!MToffelVIPDined on 6/7/2014The crab guacamole is pure heaven at this creatively decorated Mexican restaurant in Center City. The service is top notch, and the food is always great. There is an outdoor seating area but it is kind of crowded and right on a small sidewalk making it a little uncomfortable to eat outside. Eat inside anyways so you can see the cool way it is decorated. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Great food, friendly staff! Would go back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Per request we had a table by the window, and found it noisy AND romantic. Exceptional food and wait staff. I am already planning to return with friends to determine whether we just got lucky that one evening at 8pm. Reservations essential.Special Features:
- Grear RestaurantSannies78Dined on 5/31/2014I have eaten here as part of a large dinner party and most recently for my anniversary. The food is fresh, the staff is great and the drinks are on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BassBoy69Dined on 5/23/2014The Place Is Quite Hidden But It Makes It Up With Knowledgeable Waiters.. The Fillet Jalapeno Was Delicious.. My Compliments To The ChefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; so so service.BabaBooeyDined on 5/17/2014We were extremely rushed through our meal. Food was very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to celebratedavid7VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. The margaritas are made from fresh ingredients, served in a lovely ceramic pitcher. Service is attentive, and the meals work well for lovers of Mexican food and for more traditional eaters.Special Features:
- Always a Hit!Nhsmd1Dined on 5/10/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit to Tequia's. We have never been disappointed. The food was delicious, the drinks special, and the whole experience very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Upscale restaurant.dieterDined on 5/9/2014Love this restaurant!. The Chicken dish is excellent. The margaritas are great and they have very good tequila. Great food and drinks.Special Features:
- the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/5/2014I travel extensively, and this is one of the best meals i've had in months! the owner David is charming, and loved meeting his son too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayooakvalleypirateDined on 5/5/2014Excellent, authentic Mexican food, large selection of margaritas. Somewhat dark and crowded. We sat in the back, but the bar looked and sounded very active.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CriticrDined on 5/4/2014The food and service are always great. When I am in Philadelphia I try to eat here. The bar is beautiful and a great place to sit before dinner. Although there is not a lot of bar space. If you come on the weekend you will probably have a hard time finding a seat at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerMaryEllenDined on 5/4/2014We were given a gift card to this restaurant by our Son for Christmas, since my Husband and I like to try different restaurants in the city. This restaurant was chosen by him this past Christmas. We enjoyed the restaurant and the food very much, our waitress Nicole was very nice and polite. Nicole was able to tell us the specials for the evening as well as explain any food on the menu that we may have had questions about. We enjoyed our choices very much and most likely will go back, and we believe our son would also enjoy having dinner here. Thank you, Mary EllenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great tequilaAlanDined on 5/3/2014We went on May 3rd and the place was packed. Maybe everyone wanted to get their tequila in before Cinco de Mayo. There were multiple groups in attendance. I had the special which was a wild boar. It was great. Both our drinks were great. My wife had a strawberry margarita, and I had a sweet / spicy tequila mixture called a Short Rib. As stated, with so many large groups, the atmosphere was loud, but I read up on it before we arrived, so I was expecting it. I'll definitely be going again to try out more of their tequila, and their other dishes. The waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended both of our drinks based upon what we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!mzl630Dined on 5/2/2014Tequilas always a really good go-to and is a classic Philly spot even with all of the new stuff everywhere. Food and service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Best Mexican in the city!ChemIColeDined on 5/2/2014We went to Tequila's for our Friday night date night. We have been there before and we have always had a great time. This time we both ordered from the list of specials. I had a New York strip steak with Chorizo chipotle sauce. The serving was generous, the meet was cooked perfectly, and the sauce was excellent. It came with rice beans and Guacamole. Most of the steak dishes also come with home made corn tortillas so you can cut up the steak and make tacos. My wife had a beef and caramelized fruit special wrapped in poblano peppers. On the weekends they often have a guacamole bar, and the oysters are always excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark but delicioushardtacoDined on 4/29/2014The food was unique and flavorful, with portions appropriate for a big appetite. The service was wonderful, and the decor was unusual and eye-catching. Our waiter was outstanding. He was very courteous and accomodating when we asked for 8 separate checks, (which admittedly, we should have warned him about earlier.) My only complaint was that the room was too dim. The tiny votive candles on the table were purely decorative, and everyone in our party had to use their phone as a flashlight to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent svc for 10PM reservationsmarleyVIPDined on 4/25/201410PM reservations for after a show at the Merriam. Acceptable walking distance from Merriam & Kimmel, even for girlfriend in heels. Great service even despite the late-ish time. Food was expectedly very good. Service exceeded expectations.
- awesome foodmimi218Dined on 4/18/2014Had a reservation at 9pm at Tequilas. We were seated right away. For a later dinner, I didn't expect it to be so crowded, but was nice to see for the restaurant. We ordered a pitcher of sangria, some guacamole, and then our dinner. The sangria was ok, the guac was so good, and my dinner was awesome too (seafood enchiladas). The only issue I had was the noise level. It was SO loud in there that I was have trouble hearing my friend sitting at the same table as me. It would be nice if it was considered when seating when seating tables of 2 right next to large parties. Otherwise, it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved My Birthday CelebrationClassyDined on 4/18/2014I discovered this restaurant through Opentable and I was impressed with the mobile web pictures and more impressed with actually being there. The price and the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.