1602 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tequilasphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-0181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Note: We require that your entire party be present, prior to being seated.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Claudio Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties of 20 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Rosario 2159068519x
- Special Events: We feature prix fixe menus on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day (please contact us for the details). Tequila Nights are held monthly.
- Cross Street: 16th Street
- Public Transit: Located at 16th & Locusts where the #2 bus meets the #12 bus. And at the PATCO 16th Street exit.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off-street parking is available. Various moderately priced parking lots on Latimer street between 15th & 16th streets.
A word from Tequila's Restaurant
Tequilas Restaurant serving authentic Mexican Cuisine for over 25 years. Please note; only special menus may be available on Valentine's Day,and New Year's Eve. Please call us to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)good for groups (75)special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (58)hot spot (39)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- good foodlhlbDined on 11/10/2014very good high end mexican food but expensive. Nice part, there are lots of rooms so there is a place to dine if you want quietSpecial Features:
- 40 min dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We were out for my wife's birthday and we got our main course before we were done our Aps. Then they took my plate while my wife was still eating. Our entire dinner lasted 40 mins. I have dined longer at Applebee's
- JimboVIPDined on 11/8/2014A bit noisy. Servers added to the noise with their talk among themselves and being loud at the tables with usSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014My girlfriends and I always make Tequila's one of dinner spots! Great Margaritas and food!Special Features:
- oustanding upscale Mexican alwaysamazonwomanDined on 11/6/2014Tequila's never misses. It is, and has been for a long time, a go-to place for upscale Mexican food and drink. I went with a friend and we could have sat there eating their divinely crunchy chips with guacamole for hours. The service is sometimes a little too good in that they try to clear stuff out of the way before you've really finished. But otherwise, no complaints and this is just an exceptional place to go with a crowd, with friends, or a romantic night out. Atmosphere, food, drink, and service all are outstanding, always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't cater to a colleagueeeeeVIPDined on 11/3/2014I went there with a work colleague who is lactose intolerant. She ordered a chicken dish and asked for the meal without cheese. The waiter refused and didn't offer an alternative. I was willing to leave but the other person was hungry and removed the cheese from the dish. If the food is fresh, why couldn't this request be honored? I ordered the same chicken dish which was dry with the only redeeming factor the sauce it was smothered in. The portion was small and the amount of rice accompanying the dish was also quite small. Overall, a bit disappointing for a high priced Mexican restaurant.
- 28 years and counting!SamboDined on 11/1/2014Have been eating at Tequila's for 28 years and have never had a bad meal or service! My favorite City Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Enthusiasts n tasters..BinoyDined on 11/1/2014I like the food the servers were great I know we were late got stuck in traffic even though we left early but we did call the restaurant n let them know that we're late by 30 mins n they said no problem since you are early hours we will accommodate you. But at arriving there the front receptionist was very rude by telling us you have to be out by 730 pm.u have exactly 1 hrs n 15 mins. Since I didn't want to spoil my wife mood I didn't say anything I m thinking why would someone talk to the customers the way she did in this competitive world I have other choices of restaurants. I would never go back even though the food is okay but the way they treat people is ridiculous not acceptable at all..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where expectations are metOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014I have never had a bad meal or bad service. Everytime the service is superb and food is delicious. I have introduced many friends and they love tequila's as much as I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Drinks; Not for FoodBlueXVIPDined on 10/29/2014The atmosphere is pretty neat and felt like a living room for a mansion. Drinks were good (and strong). Food was greasy and bland, though, just likd you'd find at a low-tier / cheap TexMex restaurant.
- Amazing food. Excellent service!FabULizVIPDined on 10/25/2014I don't know what made me happier, the service or the food. The food was outstanding. The guacamole was the best I've ever had. The service was amazing. I felt like we were the only ones there. You have to go to experience it. Don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patioVIPDined on 10/24/2014As always, the service is impeccable, and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Always good MexicanJoanneVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is such a fun Mexican restaurant. It is always busy and it is easy to know why. A happy atmosphere with good Mexican food, attentive service, good selection of tequilas and beers and knowledgeable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 minute wait for tableRobSDined on 10/18/2014I booked a table for 10 people 1 week ago for a special occassion. I had heard good things about the food, but was pretty disappointed that we had to wait 50 minutes for a table when I had a reservation. On top of that, they told us we would be seated once, then gave the table to another group that was "ahead of us." At least they gave us some free apps, and the bar was good for a drink. But still very annoying.Special Features:
- TequilaFanDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is AWESOME-Wait staff and food were amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent food and tequillasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014This is a great spot for upscale Mexican cuisine. We have been here a few times and it is always good. My wife loved the Carne Aguacate and special Margarita that Vinnie the bartender made her. I had the Grouper in Salsas Tequila - also very good. The waiter and bartender made a few really tasty recommendations on sipping Tequilas and Mezcals as well. Nice experience and good meal.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Wonderful.SteveVIPDined on 10/14/2014We chose Tequila's on a whim. It was close to the theatre and we were in the mood for Mexican food. We had no idea how wonderful the food would be or how beautiful this restaurant was. The wait staff was magnificent. We will absolutely be returning - sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Great!MandyDined on 10/10/2014Was with a group of 10 celebrating my sister's engagement. Food was fantastic, service was great. Only complaint was that the tables were really close together and it was quite loud. Will come back for the food, but would hesitate to come back for a special occasion as it would be hard to make conversation it was so loud.Special Features:
- Awesome!GreatDined on 10/10/2014David Suro does it right! One of the best in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceashleyannVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Tequila's many times because the food is always delicious and the service is quite good. This time was not quite up to par though. The waiter was rushing us through our meal, even though we were on time for our reservation. In his hurry to clear the table at one point he spilled out ceviche. He said he would bring more but we asked for a round of drinks instead. He only brought back one drink and then didn't return for my friend to even order another until we ordered dessert. The food was good as usual, disappointing service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dinnerCalgourmetVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a group of 8 people and got a table in the bar area, which turned out to be fine because it wasn't super noisy. I could still hear people at the other end of the table. The food was excellent; some of the dishes had a real spicy kick (which most of us liked) but be sure and ask if you don't like spicy. They can accommodate you. I really enjoyed the mole poblano and they were abla to accommodate our 2 vegetarians just fine. Service was attentive but not pushy. All in all everyone was happy with the dinner. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Discovering the CityMerleBeeDined on 10/10/2014Six of us from across the river stumbled on this place while looking for something within walking distance of the Academy of Music. The venue is vibrant, the food is brilliant, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Walking in one anticipates that the dining area will be small and I was concerned as we had six folks in our group and one of them is extremely tall and oft times finds restaurants, theaters and such to be very uncomfortable. However the venue opens up into several larger rooms. The freshly made to order Guac was out of this world, the tequila was fabulous. We just really, really had a wonderful experience! Will definitely go again and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & delectable!LeeHDined on 10/10/2014I very much enjoyed our recent small-group lunch at Tequila's. The staff were very friendly and entertaining (I liked the Margarita delivered atop the waiter's head!). The room was an elegant old brownstone, beautifully restored. The food (grouper stuffed with shrimp and calamari) was excellent and unique. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Great serviceGoldenspoon11Dined on 10/9/2014Nice place, good food and the best of all was our server Manuel who was friendly, patient and had always a smile on his face... Also the waiter of the table next to us was serving champagne and he was carrying the glasses on his head !! Impressive and fun to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a personal favoritekrisDined on 10/4/2014Have been to Tequilas too many times to count... this place is just fantastic! I've never had a dish that I didn't absolutely love. Outstanding service ALWAYS. Great for special occasions ... if you're looking for a little excitement, order the café diablo for dessert - but make sure you order more than just 1! They put on quite a show, and the more drinks ordered the more fun it is! :) Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!ShashiDined on 10/3/2014It's no wonder this place is ALWAYS packed! Once you dine at Tequila's you don't want to go anyplace else. It's not just dinner, it's an experience from the moment you walk in the door. They make the best margarita's, serve the freshest fish and without a doubt the best steaks anywhere. Make sure you start with their amazing appetizers. Chicken Tortilla soup, Quesa Fundido, Cerviche, camerones rellano's and the oysters are like nothing you can find anywhere else. This is just for dinner... just wait until you try the brunch and happy hour! YUM!!!!! You will not be disappointed~Special Features:
- KARENmomma1Dined on 10/3/2014I HAVE ENJOYED TEQUILA'S RESTAURANT ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS BUT THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. FIRST AND FORMOST OUR WAITER WAS DOWNRIGHT RUDE. INTERRUPTING OUR CONVERSATIONS AND IN THE END CHARGED US FOR ANOTHER TABLE'S FOOD. I DO NOT KNOW IF THE TEMPERATURE OF OUR FOOD WAS HIS FAULT BUT I WOULD NOT PUT ANYTHING PAST HIM. HE DID NOT DESERVE A JOB.
- Good week night dinnerJesseMLDined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed a week night dinner here. The evening moved quickly, although we were not rushed at all. Enjoyed it very much. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different in a good wayPGargDined on 9/30/2014it is perfect for a special occasion celebration. Loved the outdoor sitting. Inside ambiance is great with wooden panels, and candles - warm and welcoming. Food is great. first ever time i enjoyed Mexican sea food. Love the sauces used over dishes. I have never been to Mexico or south western US, but i feel I ate authentic. (might be i am wrong)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLikefoooooodDined on 9/29/2014Food was beyond expectation and service was friendly and knowledgable. Restaurant interior has an antique classy look, really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila's - Our Top ChoiceTillierootsDined on 9/27/2014Dinner at Tequila's is always worth the drive from the suburbs to the city. The food is super fresh and the service is consistently warm and attentive. This past visit I was reluctant to steer away from my usual favorite of chicken breast with chihuahua cheese, but was so satisfied with the seafood special of grilled branzino stuffed with spinach in a tangy sauce. It was delicious! For real margaritas, authentic Mexican food and a grownup atmosphere, Tequila's is our top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulkbeansVIPDined on 9/26/2014My family had a great dinner @ Tequila's. Our server was excellent and very sweet to our 10 year-old daughter. Food was amazing!Special Features:
- FantasticJulesDined on 9/20/2014We love this place, always will, Oscar et al, they treat us like gold! Will be back time and again!Special Features:
- Pleasent SurpriseDatenightDined on 9/19/2014This was a excellent restaurant had a great time service was good food was excellent recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Mexican in PhillyStikuponDined on 9/19/2014Before visiting Philly I wanted to find a good Mexican restaurant that had good food, drinks and nice atmosphere. Found a number of options with various reviews. All seemed to point to Tequila's as the best option. Boy were we not disappointed. The food was fantastic. They offer guacamole but it's not on the menu. You have to request and the portion you receive is huge. My favorite dish was the Queso Fundido. The portion was perfect and served with both corn and flour tortillas. The service was excellent with our server Juan doing a great job. Even recommended a terrific beer and margaritas for the table. Definitely recommend Tequila's for just about any occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJerryDined on 9/19/2014Food and service were great! We were a party of 8 and we were late. They help the table for us on a very busy Friday night....Awesome customer service. Louis our waiter was great as well, and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieMchhlDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed a meal with a colleague. Good margaritas although not strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty!HarvesterDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, and the ambiance was very nice. A little noisy but all else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant wk 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I went with a friend for restaurant week, so I'm not sure what things are like on a normal night. Service seemed a bit disorganized and was on the slower side. We were in no rush though, and enjoyed sitting outside in the beautiful weather. The food, especially the tortilla soup, was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I know normally people comment on the food, which was very good. But I'll focus on the staff, which was excellent and accommodating!