Tequila Museo Mayahuel
1200 K Street, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tequila Museo Mayahuel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tequilamuseo.com/
- Phone: 9164417200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm; Saturday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ramiro Alarcón
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available. Please call Damaris Gomez at 996-6259
- Entertainment: Mariachi Saturday nights only.
- Special Events: Largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in Sacramento and live Mariachi every Saturday night!
A word from Tequila Museo Mayahuel
MAYAHUEL is a tequila museum, featuring a restaurant, bar, and lounge. At Mayahuel, you don’t just drink tequila... you experience it!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila Museo Mayahuel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Delicious Food and Nice ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013This restaurant offers unique menu items. We tried the bruchetas with chorizo, pico and oaxaca cheese. It was so tasty! Also, would recommend the poblano chile soup it is amazingly good. Even though it was a hot day for soup, we still had to have it. I had the shrimp enchiladas which were good, next time I would try one of their other signature dishes. Husband had the tilapia and really enjoyed the flavors. Nice restaurant with delicious food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most mediocre Mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013So much potential and it is just squandered here. There is so much opportunity to bring out the flavors of Mexican food. I would rather just go here to drink at the bar. The soup (signature) is amazing and must be consumed though, but overall just a very mediocre experience. I have more fun and better food at Chevy's if that is saying anything about the level of mediocrity we are talking about here. Hopefully the chef get's his game together and gives us something to wow us - so yes I will go back but hopefully won't be disappointed again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for groupscbruleeVIPDined on 6/6/2013I've been here twice when visiting Sacramento and have found the service and food to be really good. Extremely friendly staff, quick delivery of drinks & food and authentic traditional Mexican flavors. My only complaint on my last visit was that the chips were somewhat stale/soggy for the salsa...not crispy with snap. A very nice tequila list makes for some contemplative sipping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a late lunch, theireatingUSAVIPDined on 6/5/2013Went for a late lunch, their happy hour margaritas were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceDfshima78Dined on 6/5/2013Perfect place for lunch near the State Capitol. You can get a good meal and great service within an hour. This works well when I have clients in town with a full schedule of meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!NRob71Dined on 6/4/2013I and my date really enjoyed our dining experience at this restaurant, and I would love to revisit it next time I am in Sacramento. The night we were there, the noise level was a bit on the high side, but not unbearably so, and we had a location that allowed us to talk comfortably. Our server was great, our food arrived promptly, and we loved the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on K StMollyDined on 5/25/2013This restaurant offered the perfect blend of atmosphere, food and service. The decor is interesting and thematic without being overdone. The cocktails list had many more intriguing options than we were able to try since we selected a mezcal tasting flight, which was served informatively and attentively. The food was notably good as well. Definitely a place for groups or date nights although it was a bit noisy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFriendDined on 5/20/2013I have been to Mayahuel over 30 times and I have always found the food to be delicious and the service outstanding. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013Terrific dining experience. Lots of menu options for those in need of gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was great. Food andSophieDined on 5/5/2013Staff was great. Food and service was awesome. Had a good 5 de mayo experience. Open table option was very usefull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious take on Mexican food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Margaritas were perfect. Wonderful service by server. I will return to check out the taco bar and brunch!Special Features:
- Pricey Mexican FareEnjoyDiningOutVIPDined on 4/8/2013Overpriced Mexican food. They charge for chips, they charge for salsa...they charge for every single thing. No refills on my tea, either. No sides included w/ the entrees. $50 lunch for 2 w/ NO alcohol, seems pricey to us.
- We were treated as if we ownedgoodinprintVIPDined on 4/6/2013We were treated as if we owned the place! They went so far as to move a table so we could begin dinning in a quiet location. The margaritas are very good the best I can recall from recent memory. However if you like your food spicy, make sure to tell your waiter.
- Awesome, As Always...Luvs2eatDined on 3/30/2013We are not new to Mayahuel, we are die-hard fans!Our recently married son had his reception here--everyone loved it!!There are not many nice dining establishments in Sac that offer traditional, vegan, AND gluten-free fare, but Ernesto does with ease. We'll be back...Special Features:
- Overall, a nice/OK time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013Overall, a nice/OK time. Came for an early dinner. Don't think hostess had checked our reservation, as we'd requested "quiet seating, if possible," and she didn't seem to have any particular table in mind for us. Had a tasty, refreshing, well made mojito. Very attentive, personable waiter. However, when ordering, distinctly inquired that even tho not listed in the menu's description, were there any bell peppers in the entree. Was assured "no." Kitchen was slow, even tho not super busy. Wnen food arrived, was warm, not hot, and had bell peppers. Ate around the peppers, but disappointed. Offered a dessert menu before given check, which we appreciated, even tho we had not planned to order any.Special Features:
- The only thing I was surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The only thing I was surprised by is that they automatically include a 12% gratuity, when I believe that should be decided by the customer.Special Features:
- Food and service were good,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2013Food and service were good, but the noise from conversation and music was extremely loud. The four of us had to converse by shouting so we could hear each other. The loud noise would cause us to think twice about returning.Special Features:
- We had a pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013We had a pleasant experience. All the staff were very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- mole was fabulous, as wasbrunchVIPDined on 2/21/2013mole was fabulous, as was the rib eye with the chorizo topping and the flank steak with the chicken mole enchilada. Very Mexico city!!Special Features:
- Solid but unremarkablecmaudkVIPDined on 2/14/2013Nothing special ... reasonably flavorful and good quality just nothing memorable
- This place was awesome, IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This place was awesome, I made last minute plans and was very happy with the food, service and prices.Special Features:
- We opted to dine at the Bar...betteSuzanneVIPDined on 2/14/2013We opted to dine at the Bar...better view & less conjestion. Glad we did, thoroughly enjoyed our Bartender/server. He had great knowledge of Tequilla which he shared as I was tasting a flight he created. Food was very creative & interesting & beautifully presented. Definitely will be back & already referred friends.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, great servicerichanddiVIPDined on 2/8/2013Fantastic food, great service and extensive tequila list.Special Features:
- Datelove2eatDined on 2/2/2013Its a nice dim lit place for romantic dates. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Don't Have It Together!ReverendFredDined on 2/2/2013The food was very good although the Guacamole was pretty tasteless. Even at 6pm on Saturday the restaurant was extremely noisy not just "energetic" even though they were not real busy. Service was great and the Margaritas were delicious. They would not allow us nor the folks at the table next to us to use our Groupons for drinks and appetizers because it was Saturday night even though their Groupon offer only ruled out using the dinner Groupon on Saturday night. Their website says to park in the Hyatt Regency Hotel garage or the garage at 10th and L yet they only validate parking for the Hyatt garage! They just don't have their stuff together so I probably won't be back even to use the Groupon I bought. Not a happy camper.
- 5/5, AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I cant say how great this place was. Lets start with the food. I would say, with little second thought, that they had the best mex food I have had in the past decade. I cant recall anything even close. Best of best. The people there were incredibly friendly, and the hostess even found time to give us a short tour of the place before we sat down, after finding out we had never been there before! Easily, the best tequila I have had as well. I dont recall the drink, but its a lime drink that tasted wonderful and was masterfully mixed. My wife and I both left there pleased with everything. I dont visit Sacramento downtown often, but I will find my way to this place again, and might even sway my travel plans to do so. Exellent, 5*'sSpecial Features:
- Wonderful FoodSactokarenVIPDined on 1/30/2013We had taco trio plates - mine, shrimp, my sweete, steak. The menu implied that the serving were generous and while not skimpy, I was not stuffed after eating all 3, plus the accompanying rice. At $15 a plate for tacos, I expect to be stuffed or have leftovers. We ordered chips and guacamole, but our entrees arrived before the chips and guacamole. Guacamole was fresh and delicious as was the salsa. We order a mango cake for dessert, along with coffee. The coffee arrived long before the dessert. Coffee should arrived with dessert or immediately after the dessert, so they can be enjoyed together and while still at the appropriate temperature.Special Features:
- This is the real Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013This is the real Mexican food I love from visits to my grandmother's home city of Guadalajara. And the service, which was ragged when it opened, has improved greatly. They handled a large lunch time crowd with teamwork and a simpatico spirit.Special Features:
- The food I ordered was calledOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The food I ordered was called "Arrachera a la Tampiqueña" which consisted of a marinated flank steak paired with a chicken enchilada in a green tomatillo salsa and is served with rice. I washed it all down with a glass of their finest tequila blanco and Mayahuel Fresca De Agave margarita. The food I had was extremely delicious! As far as service, Oscar was our waiter, but there was another waiter and waitress that came by our table to fill our drinks and take our empty plates. Oscar was also working the bar but never forgot about us and made sure we were taken care of.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! BothOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The food was excellent! Both my carniverous boyfriend and my vegetarian self could find something to eat and it was all delicious!!! The bar tenders were super helpful in selecting both tequilas and mezcales and they were very knowledgable!Special Features:
- We were very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2013We were very disappointed. The food was good -- not outstanding by any means -- just good, but the service was dismal.
- i love this place, the waitersdeisyDined on 1/22/2013i love this place, the waiters are very attentive and friendly, the dessert was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food. Our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Wonderful food. Our table was tippy and way too small and we seemed to be in everyone's way that way walking past. Overall a very enjoyable experience though.Special Features:
- Upscale Mexican cuisineCsRedVIPDined on 1/17/2013Wow! Excellent food!!! Upscale Mexican cuisine. The crab-stuffed chili relleno and the pork in a green sauce were excellent. We can't wait to go back to try other items on the menu. Our server, Francisco, took great care of our needs. I was so impressed with the food and service that I took a girlfriend the next day for appetizers and drinks and she really enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- There were 5 ladies who gotJilybeanyDined on 1/17/2013There were 5 ladies who got toether for dinner last Thursday. Our waiter was awesome! I wish I could remember his name. Great food and drinks! Fun atmosphere. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- We came here on the dine downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013We came here on the dine downtown promotion- very impressed with very aspect of this restaurant. We will most certainly be back! Our waiter, Ceaser, was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Worst Service I've Had In YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2013Unfortunately the service was so bad we had to leave without having our entrees. We sat and waited for almost 60 minutes without anyone acknowledging us, and this was after we waited 20 minutes for someone to do so after we first sat down. The food is probably decent, but how would we know? I don't think we'll ever go back and I wouldn't advise anyone else to give this place a try unless they're willing to be completely ignored. We weren't the only ones, either. It's a theme at the restaurant and apparently part of the culture to treat patrons that way.
- Dine Downtown Week at MayahuelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2013I dined out for the Dine Downtown Week and this was a great deal. I had the salad option, the chicken with adobo sauce and rice, and the arroz con leche. The chicken was my favorite - cooked so tender that the meat would just slide off the bone and the rice went really well with the adobo sauce. The arroz con leche was a little watery for my taste. I would get the ice cream next time. The tequila sample was a bonus!Special Features:
- Great margarita!DanteVIPDined on 1/11/2013Went with another couple for the Dine Downtown specials. Great margaritas - strong and fresh. Chicken dish, as were the salads, a little light on portion but great flavors. Steak was rediculously large, shrimp dish was mild but tasty. Desert dissapointing - rice pudding was rice in milk w cinnamon. We ran into another couple we knew who raved about the skirt steak, alas it wasn't on the Dine Downtown menu but they were there on a Groupon. Place was loud and busy with all age groups on a Friday night. Would be fun to go back and try tequila tasting. House margarita was delish!Special Features:
- Tequila Testing - Two Thumbs UpNupeSugarRayVIPDined on 1/10/2013Second time at Mayahuel and it keeps getting better. Great food, great service from Charles, and the tequila tasting was informative and tasteful. Very unique restaurant that is fun. I'll definitely be backSpecial Features: