5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/bars-tucson-az/tequila-factory
- Phone: 5208386626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Thursday and Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Jason Jonilonis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Holds 40 comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Morales 5208386797
A word from Tequila Factory
What’s in a name, you ask? How about more than 120 varieties of tequila gracing the shelves of this rustic hide-away, where family recipes create the signature dishes of old Mexico. Seafood, beef, chicken, fresh tortillas, and all of the classics are prepared with the secret spices and sauces of past generations. Homemade soups, unique salads and appetizers, and the specialty dessert menu will take you "across the border" without ever leaving your seat. Whether you crave one margarita or two, spend some time at the Factory to quench your thirst for quality tequila in the Southwest! The fire's always burning…Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tequila Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Great food & service, only negative is the smokey (stinky) casino that it is in. The restaurant itself is not smokey, but you do have to walk through the casino to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Bday party!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 16 and all went very smooth! Great service, great food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- great dining experienceLiveToEatDined on 8/14/2014Used a coupon to try this out and was definitely impressed. Great food and wonderful service. I had one of the best Mexican dishes ever and can't wait to go back for more! Very reasonably priced, big portions, fresh tasty chips and salsa. YUM!Special Features:
- Evening outNightoutDined on 7/31/2014We had reservations, but we arrived about 20 minutes early. We were seated right away and our drinks arrived in a timely manner. The food was tasty and hot (temperature) and the Staff was very attentive. Cheesecake for Dessert was excellent. I will definitely do this again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodAzgirlDined on 7/6/2014Shrimp Rellenos were excellent - Plenty of food. Wait staff friendly.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Tequila Factory reviews archive.
- BADDINNINGDined on 5/31/2014service was BAD,Food was cold when it came out, It was not that Busy about 12 tables plus us.Drink order took to long (to order & getting the drinks).We waited 20 min's to place our order.Than it was 55 min's later when our food was brought to us. And it was COLD. When I asked to Speak to the Manger. Our Waitress say'd he was Busy...So needless to say we will not be BACK!!!!!
- Simple Casino DiningKlaraCDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I tried out this restaurant because we had a Living Social coupon and we were slightly disappointed. The ambiance was very nice and the dining area seemed comfortable and romantic. The food however was a different story, my husbands fajita was mostly onions and peppers, it was a surprise to find some beef and when he did, the meat was very tough. His tortillas were dry and cold but he liked the ice tea. My chicken chimichanga was good and it did have a lot of chicken and was topped with some good guacamole. The servers were good and attentive. Our experience was not satisfying for us to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, great atmosphereBlackjackqueenDined on 5/17/2014The atmosphere was great but it took over 45 minutes to get our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST RESTAURANT IN THIS CASINO3292CasinoBlackJackDined on 5/5/2014Trendy, great for snacks, appetizers, lunch and dinner. Famillies, singles. So glad that we didn't waste our time at Moby's, Abuelita's of the Fiesta....This was a nice place where u can sit comfortably your friends and family and enjoy the scenery of the casino without being pushed along in a fast food fashion such as Abuelita's. Moby's was just about the same as Abuelita's in a retro 60's kindaway. The Fiesta looked good but this one looked better suited for trend and the happz. We all got a plate of nacho's and split them-the Corona's were reasonable and the staff friendly and professional. We got out of there fairly affordably which is not the way the internet/blog or website portrayed this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was finemattDined on 5/4/2014Tequila Factory has a lot of room for improvement. That's not to say the experience was overall bad, it was just Fair. They call themselves Tequila Factory but don't have a drink menu of any kind. If your restaurant name is Tequila Factory, bring me a drink menu longer than your food menu. They also didn't have guacamole on their menu as an appetizer but when we asked for it with chips we got an awesome table side guac experience where someone came out and made guacamole right at our table. This also needs to be on the menu because at $5 its a great deal and it was the best part of the meal. Ordered the carne asada and it was flat and dry and chewy. The tortilla soup wasn't that bad though and as I said before, guac was great.
- First time plesantly surprisedAmbienceLuverDined on 5/3/2014This was a nice place to eat dinner at. We had reservations but the place was not very full and we probably didn't even need them. The ambience is nice and for it being in the casino, the noise of the casino itself is not very noticeable. The food was hot, tasty and reasonably priced. Service was also good. We will definutely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was delicious but drinks...jimcDined on 5/2/2014The service was excellent and the food delicious. However the Margarita was sub standard considering the name of the restaurant. It tasted like a lime aid. Need to improve the drinks especially with a name like Tequila Factory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worst, not worth the drivefleximexiDined on 4/21/2014The food is okay, a bit expensive and the drinks are terrible and very expensive. If you are in the area, it can be a good place to stop. If you are in Tucson proper, I would not suggest driving out. The all you can eat prime rib was good, but all the fixings were overly salty and much of the other dishes are the same. The margaritas are super sweet, although not too bad at happy hour prices. The Oaxacan water was terrible. I am a fan of Mescal and this drink was not good. Bottom line, the food is not worth the price. There is simply better food in Tucson for a better price. Less salt, more flavor, more passion.
- unexpected disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014First time ever at this casino. This was a dinner to celebrate our two birthdays and wedding anniversary. Arrived at 4 pm for dinner, were told that prime rib was not cooked and we would have to wait at least an hour to be served. We live in green valley about 30 miles away and we don't like to drive at night and were afraid that we would not have enough time to eat and drive back before dark especially if we returned to tequila's and they turned us back again because the prime rib still wasn't ready. We did not want to risk it so we left.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 4/14/2014Went specifically on Monday night for the prime rib special. Made reservation for 7pm but when my wife and I arrived we were told they were out of prime rib. They had two options that they were offering for 15% off but it was not prime rib. They must have sensed we were diappointed so they compted our dinner. Still could not figure out being out of the special after only 3 hours (prime rib special started at 4pm)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Good serviceRachelDined on 4/4/2014The margaritas were amazing! I definitely recommend the pomegranate. Service was a little slow, but I think they were understaffed that night. Our server was good, and the food was delicious. Great place to have some dinner and drinks before you hit the slot machines ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with friendsTonyDined on 2/21/2014Great place for friends to gather for dinner before enjoying the casino fun. Great food, drinks, and service. Always a nice consistent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was very forthcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Waitress was very forthcoming in picking up "birthday" celebration from our conversation at the table. We've eaten here before and everything has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceMargaritaGirlDined on 2/7/2014It had been a couple of years since I had been to Tequila Factory and I wasn't disappointed. The menu had changed but I had the Arizona Chicken and it was delicious - a lot of food for the price. The Margaritas were great as always, I had the Cadillac Margarita. The service was great. I hope to be able to go again before too much time has passed. I would recommend this to anyone, and actually do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Our party ordered three different meals, each one was excellent in its own right. The Chicken Fajitas was even for two, the bacon-wrapped shrimp melted in your mouth and the Chicken Arizona popped with flavor. Despite not formally selling Mexican Coffee, our waitress obliged us by adding a squirt of chocolate sauce and cinnamon to a couple of cups of coffee. It was so good :)Special Features:
- It was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014We were a large party so we expected there to be minor lulls in service, but there was only one server for a group of 20, so needless to say everything from our drink orders to our food orders took much longer then it should have (10-15 minutes for drinks to come out and over 30 minutes for the food to come out). Our server was being friendly, but you could tell he was stressed. We eat dinner here whenever we take a trip to the casino for the night because the food is good, but probably will not have another large party.Special Features:
- How do they stay in businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013We made a reservation on line ahead of time as we were going to be staying at the casino and Monday was prime rib night. We asked 2 friends to come join us for dinner. Mind you the restaurant opens at 5 and we had reservations for 7. We get there and sit down and order a beer and told the waitress (who was efficient and welcoming) that we all wanted the prime rib. We were told to help ourselves to the salad bar and prime rib. The salad bar is not really much of a salad bar .There is no prime rib to be seen and a server comes out with a tiny piece of beef and says this is all he has left and it certainly would not be enough for 4 people. He says he is cooking more but it won't be done for an hour to come back. The waitress apologizes
- PoorlalaDined on 12/21/2013Service & communication terrable. I tried for two weeks to get a reservation through Tony Davis leaving him several messages and he never got back to me. Finally spoke to Luisa. I was told that in the private room we had reserved. Ther would be a taco bar set up inside the room and it wasn't. Very inconvenient for our party to walk out of the room to get the food. Not to mention there really wasn't enough at the taco bar. 14 in our party and only like 8 enchiladas at a time were out. so, we were always waiting for more to come out. The enchiladas were very hard and got cold quicly. The green chile chicken was runny and tasting as if it came out of a can. I would hope a manager could call me at 344-5679 & make this situation right.
- Monday Night DininghungryfolksDined on 11/25/2013We had the Prime Rib buffet dinner which was a great price for the delicious food. they seem to have great chefs in all the restaurants at this casino. Would do this again.Special Features:
- Was really delicious!!SilverCityGailDined on 11/23/2013Food was great, service was very good. The only complaint we had was my husband's carne asada was tough. The flavor was superb, and the serving size was more than ample, but the meat was just very tough. Other than that......we loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBigDanDined on 11/21/2013We ordered 2 shrimp dishes, the shrimp were jumbo (mine were extra huge). Both were delicious & well worth the regular price. The salsa was a bit hot for us & we were given a cheese dip that was fantastic with the chips. The staff were all very friendly & willing to accommodate any request. We will be back even without a coupon. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not exceptionalheynavDined on 11/17/2013The Mexican food was good but not exceptional or very distinctive. The atmosphere and decor was nice. Was decorated as, strangely enough, a Tequila Factory. However, unless we missed something, all of the decor was props, not real. It still was nice. Service was fine. The chile rellano was cold and the cheese on top was not even melted when first presented to my wife. When it was sent back and returned it was well prepared and hot.Special Features:
- Great food, sometime slow serviceTonyDined on 11/15/2013Have dined at Tequila Factory numerous times now and have never been disappointed in the food for drink quality. Occasionally the service is lacking and not very prompt, even when there are not many customers. Other than that, a nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicebHarrisDined on 9/28/2013We were seated right away. The server was very knowledgeable, the food was excellent, and the margaritas fantastic. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib portions were quiteBoopDined on 9/2/2013Prime rib portions were quite small ... although one could go back for more. Service was slow. All of the food was very good!Special Features:
- Nice Casino DiningTusconBobDined on 8/26/2013Great place to get together with friends while enjoying an evening at the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timekbutler714Dined on 7/11/2013We were seated right away because of the reservation I made, which was nice because there was a line when we got there. We were going to a concert at AVA Amphitheatre after and didn't have a lot of spare time. The menu gave a lot of choices without being overwhelming. The atmosphere was casual. The drink menu was large including a long list of tequilas. The food was good and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 - They did not have ourGerriDined on 7/4/2013#1 - They did not have our reservationm, but there were tables available so it was not a problem. #2 - Food was very good. On a previous visit, I had an issue with food quality, but this vis9it was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darn!FoodloverDined on 7/4/2013Unfortunately I did not like the beef dish that I ordered.. If I had a chance to do over I would order a different dish. I'm disappointed I wasted my coupon on my order. The place was lovely and relaxing. The service was friendly and nice. The drinks were good and my husbands fish meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Not impressed and disappointedDisappointedDined on 6/24/2013Not impressed and disappointed - having been to another restaurant in the casino many times, thought the food would also be good - don't recommend this place.Special Features:
- SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2013Great daily specials! We had the prime rib. No problem asking for special cooking instructions. Chef executed request with a smile. Everyone very cordial. It was a great start to our evening at Casino del Sol.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013I'm not from the area and was surprised to find it in the casino.I doubt I would have booked a reservation on a Saturday night. My fault for not reading the other reviews. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but a little too noisyMedicChefDined on 5/20/2013I've been here before and love the casino. The night was my first time bringing my girlfriend. The food was good, not super. We enjoyed the tortilla soup. However, the music was quite loud and the lighting brighter than I remembered. Not the best for a date night. Overall, we will be back, but hope the atmosphere gets a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to the restaurant forPrimeDined on 4/29/2013Went to the restaurant for the prime rib and found out they were now doing it buffet style ... all you can eat. The buffet was very good, which include the chef sliced prime rib. Salad, baked potato with fixings, au jus, and make your own tacos were all available at the buffet. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Great food and a really nice waitress. However, parking at the casino on a Saturday night was rough. I was also disappointed that they do not do separate checks for parties of 6 or more... even though there was only 6 of us. If you don't like salt on your margaritas, make sure you let them know when you order it.Special Features: