447 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.teqanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 213-3223
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11pm
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 1am
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Lisa Schoen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Teqa
Murray Hill embodies the spirit of New York City. A seemingly endless number of lifestyles and cultures live and work within its blocks. The area has a youthful energy that can be felt in the bars and restaurants that dot the neighborhood. But for everything Murray Hill has, until recently it lacked something. Teqa is the missing piece of the Murray Hill nightlife puzzle. A taquería and tequila bar that captures the electricity of the city, Teqa is built for the neighborhood it's proud to call home and serves modern latin cuisine that draws from influences around the globe, in an atmosphere featuring traditional and contemporary elements of Mexican style, with furnishings influenced by cultures that have shaped the 500-year-long history of tequila.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teqa reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OK Food, Poor ServiceUpperEastSiderVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was there on a Friday. They played alot of rap/hip hop music for a Mexican/tequila bar. The food was fine, nothing special. The service was very poor. First I couldn't find my waiter to pay my check. The it took him several minutes to come back with the check and and again with my credit card. Probably wouldn't make a trip back.
- Great experienceTmarieDined on 8/31/2014They have a great brunch special with unlimited drinks for an hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to shareJGalDined on 8/8/2014Great tastes. Good to share. Lobster and shrimp quesadillas a must have!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Teqa reviews archive.
- Excellent for Brunch!juicyfruit4uDined on 7/27/2014I had a table of 13 people. We were easily accommodated. Everyone had a great time and loved the Bellinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner at TeqaMikeDined on 7/21/2014We had a very nice dinner at Teqa, my wife, granddaughter and myself. Food and service were both good, with the staff being extremely pleasant. The guacamole with lobster and chips appetizer was outstanding and each of our dinners were very good. We enjoyed sitting outside on a delightful summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendTerroseDined on 7/5/2014I booked my boyfriends birthday party here. A reservation for 10 during happy hour. On the phone they told me about the drink special, but when I got there they weren't featuring it because of the soccer game. We were also the only ones there, but for some reason it still took them a half hour to make our drinks. By the time we got them, the food was coming out. However, not everyone's meal came out at once. Some people had to wait another 15 minutes for their food. It was good but not filling. The tacos were bite sized. I would not recommend this place.
- YumCandyVIPDined on 6/21/2014I've been here once before and again it did not disappoint! Loved the steak and eggs, lobster guacamole and mahi mahi fish sandwich were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plates and drinks!!koolkey76Dined on 4/21/2014Loved the spicy corn and tacos! I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Great DrinksCelesteBDined on 3/1/2014Came here with a friend for brunch and was pleasantly pleased. I honestly expected the worst based on the previous reviews but the service was actually great. We were seated by the window in a cozy corner and were allowed to take our time ordering. For drinks I had a mojito and the Teqa Iced tea while my friend had a mango margarita. I loved both of my drinks and was disappointed that I could not tolerate another. For our meal I had the steak with eggs while my friend had their burger and we both thought the food was delicious! This was a great spot for brunch but if driving - parking is not the greatest and the area is very busy. Id definitely return to Teqa in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch gemJenniferMaryVIPDined on 2/15/2014excellent experience all around. food, service, and ambiance were impressive. didn't understand the less than par reviews, def was not my experience. food portions were reasonable, not huge but without a doubt not small either. bloody Maria was fantastic for you Bloody Mary lovers out there. I ate the steak and eggs and shared an order of delicious guac with my company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DaySteveVIPDined on 2/14/2014food and service were good as always. Didn't realize it was a price fix deal for Valentine's Day. I would have liked to have known that when I made the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way down on our listValentinesDayMassacreDined on 2/14/2014Our server was great even though we were very disappointed the restaurant had a prix fixe menu for Valentine's Day with few choices, They had the same menu a la carte. We got an appetizer to be fair to our server and were rewarded with a small 3 piece 2 bite each "empanadas??", arty but did nothing to relieve our tremendous hunger. After putting down $35.00 for 1 drink ( Margarita that my GF described as OK) and out absurd appetizer we went out and had a real comfort food meal of good proportion at Jackson Hole! Thanks, at least bringing up our "meal" at"TEQA" will always be an inside joke we can laugh about! Oh- and the choice of music was absurdly off putting and set the wrong mood for a romantic interlude!!
- Their tacos are greatScorpionVIPDined on 1/30/2014Very reasonable. They could have few more wait staff but not the major problemSpecial Features:
- Everything was fine exceptfreyaDined on 1/26/2014Everything was fine except the restaurant was very cold. My friend had to eat with her coat on. The host was very nice and when I got to the restaurant seated us in the warmest area away from the window. But even there it was chilly. The server was very nice. I'd love to go back when the weather warms up.Special Features:
- I'd returnUfillmeupDined on 1/12/2014I enjoyed this spot. The food was good, the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Nice DecorYummyDined on 12/22/2013This restaurant had nice decor and the brunch was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila happinessErinDined on 12/18/2013I booked this reservation to get together with my tequila living friend for our yearly pre-Christmas dinner since she goes home to Maryland for the holidays. We love interesting cocktails and Teqa did not disappoint us. They had numerous unique margaritas on the menu so we tried several of them - all very tasty. The guacamole was fresh & delicious and the burger & short rib tacos were enjoyable, except that the burger was cooked a bit too rare. Our waitress was very nice & helped us make selections, but the busboy kept trying to take our plates before we were done & they obviously still had significant food on them. All in all,we really enjoyed Teqa & will probably go back, perhaps for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teqa is more focused on theluv2travelDined on 12/6/2013Teqa is more focused on the bar scene than on it's menu. As the name implies, tequila is what it's all about. The food was, at best, Mexican-inspired, but wasn't anything remarkable. While the service was attentive and friendly, I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Tasty. Everything is just rightTanyaDined on 11/20/2013We were 2 vegetarians and 1 not. Food got 5 stars from each of us. And margaritas were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013The restaurant is cool. Best part about was the decor, service, and drinks. Unlimited drinks with no time limit is heaven, especially when there is Rose Sangria! The food was just okay. My friend and I came in hungry, and left hungry. The portion sizes were so small!. Our waitress was great though. Not sure if I'd go back; one of those places you go once just to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!AwesomeDined on 11/3/2013My second time returning. My first visit was on a Saturday and it was fairly quiet, not spot of people. Second time was on a Sunday, place was packed, music was pumping with an awesome DJ, great vibe, everyone seemed happy to be there! Would recommend this place for anyone looking for a great brunch spot with unlimited mimosas, bloody Mary's, bloody Maria's, or SangriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "New" Mexican CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/2/2013An outstanding addition to the Murray Hill neighborhood. A neighborhood I rarely frequent, to be honest. But Teqa offers great, fresh Mexican cuisine and fantastic Margarita's (free of Sour Mix or other mixers, just fresh Cyrus and lime). It's a little on the dim side for brunch, but the food is delicious, the service friendly and efficient, and the prices just right.Special Features:
- A relaxing atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013A nice find tucked away from the hustling and bustling of a busy city core. Food and drinks were very good. Drinks are a bit expensive.Special Features:
- ServiceBksluv2dineDined on 10/6/2013Service was not good. Or at least the waitress that we had-- we only saw her after she asked us if we were ok after she saw another waitress or server serve us what we already asked for. I would give this place an extra star but the service suckedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice brunchibunny10VIPDined on 9/29/2013I had the huevos rancheros and my friend had the eggs benedict with a latin twist. both were very tasty, we also enjoyed the bloody mary's, nice and spicy! We sat outside, it was a beautiful day and the service was great. They were playing a really good mix of music too, lively not top 40 played out, but still very catchy and popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autumn Bottomless Brunch OutsideJANDiZDined on 9/14/2013I went for the $35 Bottomless Brunch. The portions were small but tasty. Order an appetizer to start. We got to choose from Bloody Marys, Marias, or Mimosas. Everything on the menu sounds delicious but nothing was an outstanding surprise to write home about. Adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for happy hour/dinner.Velee3Dined on 8/29/2013Went for happy hour/dinner. Had the spicy cucumber margarita, nachos, and tacos (braised short ribs and mole chicken). The food was great and the drinks were good. Would go back again!Special Features:
- Great location, bad food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013We went for brunch ($35 per person with unlimited Mimosa's or Bloody Marys. Food came out incorrect (over easy eggs hard as a rock!). Wait between drinks was long (and we only had 2) There was only 12 people at the restaurant at most....so busy wouldn’t be the reason! It’s a Mexican restaurant and one of the "Entrees" to be considered with the brunch menu was Chips & Salsa....$12 (same price as the main courses) Very poorly run and managed. I am in the restaurant business and found the experience awful. I would never go back or recommend. Our server was fine and the Manager who came to speak with us was lovely. They bought us dessert, but it didnt make up for the poor resopnse from the kitchen and the bar. I felt bad for the employees.Special Features:
- Good Place,food and moodMexNYDined on 8/14/2013The food is great, take a lobster guacamole or tacos, booth are excellent. The environment is cool and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InappropriateBeachmdVIPDined on 8/2/2013If you want to watch a waitress hit on your husband in front of you, then this is the place for you. We have been there twice and both times the two waitresses flirted and practically asked him out. Incredibly rude and concerned they are told to flirt as it happened both times.
- Fun for girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2013Fun party vibe. Went on date night, but would be best for a group. The tuna on crack is the best dish on the menu.Special Features:
- I really used to like theSwetaVIPDined on 7/2/2013I really used to like the tacos here, but the quality has diminished considerably. This restaurant's service and menu give the impression that is on its way out. I see a new restaurant in this location by the end of the year.
- Pretty good neighborhood spotJTuckVIPDined on 6/18/2013I went here for a date the other night. I thought the food was pretty good, the service was very good and the decor was very nice. I was surprised that it wasn't too crowded but that made it easier for me to get a table, so that was a positive. If I lived in the neighborhood I would definitely stop in here on a regular basis. Good spot for not too fancy food at reasonable prices. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mucha Mother's DaysaltysuiteDined on 5/12/2013We tried for three weeks to get arable during prime hours, and finally on Mother'sDay Day we scored! My steak couldn't have been better. Our side dishes were excellent and the cocktails with house made fruit concoctions so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013I took my parents here thinking it would be a great visiting spot. see trendy NYC and have good mexican food and it was the complete opposite. It was very loud and there were a ton of young people who had obivously had too much to drink for happy hour. If you are looking for a place after work with a group of people and apps this would be a good spot but not for a parents dinner.
- PRivate EventOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/28/2013They had a private event tonight and could not seat us.
- Tacos and drinks were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Tacos and drinks were delicious and portioned perfectly! Crispy oyster appetizer disappointing in terms of quality of oyster, but the rest of the meal and our fabulous waitress more than made up for it! Been twice and looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- We loved the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013We loved the food and service (although a visit from the manager who was just hanging out with the hostess would have been welcome). Thumping "house" music made it almost impossible to have a conversation; but maybe I am just getting too old for loud music [sigh]?!?!?!? My only food-related complaint is my churros (for dessert); it came with a half-a-smidgen of dried-out dulce-de-delche - I told the waitress, the second serving was just as smidgeny and just as dry. But in all, I would recommend it (but not for a romantic date).Special Features:
- A disappointing date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2013Although we enjoyed the food very much, the service was sub-par. We sat for a good 10-15 minutes before anyone came to take our order. Then, after we got one round of drinks and one of our appetizers, we sat for another hour until I found our waiter and complained. Apparently, they were out of the other appetizer, but no one had bothered to tell us. The hostess and our server did their best to take care of us, after this, but the experience was past recovery. The manager on duty never visited our table.
- My boyfriend chose this place,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2013My boyfriend chose this place, based on a good experience there a year ago. The restaurant has gone downhill. Service was odd- someone tried to clear our table while we were still eating. The tacos were smaller than they used to be. The octopus appetizer was tiny, and the spaghetti squash that came with it was totally tasteless. Very disappointing.