Teppan Bar & Grill
319 Warren St.
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Teppan Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://teppanjc.com/index.html
- Phone: 2014519989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call us for Details
- Special Events: Please call us for Details
A word from Teppan Bar & Grill
Teppan is Jersey City's newest home for outstanding Japanese Cuisine and fashionable social scene. Come indulge your senses with a journey to the East through our finely crafted menu and comfortable, yet stylish atmosphere. Treat yourself to our appetizing selection of Sushi, Hibachi, and Libations from the world's finest craftsmen, served and prepared by our dedicated staff. Enjoy a meal with friends or family in our entertaining Hibachi Room, elegant Dining Room or chic Elevated Lounge. Then, stick around as our nightlife provides the perfect ambience to spice up your evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teppan Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really GoodYUM2YUMDined on 5/10/2014The food was absolutely amazing, from the little performance each cook gives , it is truly worth the money and the portions are just right. I would highly recommend to a friend and I would definitely go back for another occasion.Special Features:
- Not dissapointedSiriusVIPDined on 5/7/2014As always the food and service was fantastic. Friendly bar crowd too. The price is right !Special Features:
- Filling & FlavorfulMrsNachosDined on 5/4/2014Whenever I get the opportunity to go to Jersey City, I always make sure to go here! The filet mignon hibachi is quite delicious. It's better not to order soda here, which is $2 per glass and does not include free refills. Getting a soda and a refill is almost the same price as getting a sake bomb ($5), so choose your priorities wisely. I was a bit annoyed that the hours have changed, and aren't posted online. Their website says they are open Sundays for lunch until 2:30pm. I went again on 8/11/14 and they were closed at 1:45pm, with a paper sign that said that their Sunday hours open at 4:30pm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Food was very good!!!! Drinks (cocktails) not so good!!!! Website is not operational.Special Features:
- Best sushi in Jersey CityCraigVIPDined on 3/30/2014I crave Teppan's sushi. I've been there a lot and it's consistently good. My favorite is the Atlantic Roll sushi; check it out! Also had the hibachi which is absolutely amazing and delicious. Hibachi chefs are very cool and entertaining. The servers and bartenders need to kick the energy up a notch tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We spend a wonderfull diner, with great food, and great show on the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BirthdaysMCK7Dined on 3/14/2014I had my birthday dinner there and took my sister in law for hers. The service is great, the Hibachi chefs are so talented and wonderful. Great for special occasions. We will deff be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the Food, Become a regularSiriusVIPDined on 3/6/2014.....I did. Best deal in town, with special $1 su/sa and $7 for 2 rolls. How can you go wrong? The bartender Tue-Thursday is the best, and is great at making menu suggestions.
- Fun FridayBabsbunny77VIPDined on 2/28/2014Boyfriend and I decided to do a fun night at hibachi, since we were in NJ instead of NYC. We made a reservation, but there was certainly room to walk-in. As far as hibachi places go, they were friendly, food was fresh, and service was efficient. We ordered the filet mignon and lobster and the filet mignon and shrimp. Plenty of food. Chef was great. With cocktails, came to be about $100. Not a bad little date night.Special Features:
- Delicious fun time!JAYBDined on 2/22/2014I was there with my family and friends celebrating a birthday, and we had a wonderful time! There was a wait for our table, but luckily it wasn't too long so the kids didn't fuss much. The restaurant is great with kids, the chefs skilled and entertaining the the quality of the food is good. Definitely get the filet over regular steak and all the seafood is delicious! Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineFRUtangDined on 2/14/2014Had 9pm reservations didnt get seated until 945ish. Then didn't get our order taken for a while. Food was excellent. Service was lackluster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Hibachi diningbucktheiguanaDined on 2/14/2014Lots of choices and the food is good. The prices are very good and the drink specials are amazing. Overall it's a very good value and perfect for a fun night out.Special Features:
- Enjoyable teppanyakiEnglishpatienceDined on 1/30/2014We dined there at 6pm with our 3 year old and as expected, there wasn't much atmosphere. The chef made a real effort to entertain our son and made the time we were there very enjoyable. The food was good; well cooked, generous portions but not amazing.Special Features:
- Horrible service. Called aheadnnjdaDined on 1/16/2014Horrible service. Called ahead to let them know we were running late for my birthday reservation and they said they would still accommodate my party. When we got there, the waitress was rude, nobody seemed to know whether the bar would still take drink orders or not, and after we ate the waitress hovered and paced back and forth which made me and my party uncomfortable. This WAS my favorite place to get sushi but I will no longer dine here, and I will make sure all area hotel concierges remove Teppan from their recommendation list.Special Features:
- great time had by allmrwhozitzDined on 11/30/2013Had a great time here, hibachi table was very entertaining, as we were a group of 10. Noise levels were lower, mainly bc of an early dinner time, 7pm. I had some last min reservation changes, and they were quick to accomodate our needs. The food itself, was delicious, and cooked exactly how myself and everyone else in our party wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good HibachiGerryVIPDined on 11/16/2013I cannot comment on their sushi or kitchen entrees. We went with a large group, kids included for a birthday. They were very accommodating. As far their hibachi goes, the chefs are friendly and talented. The food is good--fresh and cooked perfectly--nothing special about sauteed rice, noodle, vegetables, and meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday show!JulayDined on 11/13/2013I suggested this place for a lunch birthday and we had a great time! The person who cooked our food on the hibachi table was a real riot. They also brought over ice cream and sang to the birthday girl. Our actual server was a little weird- he seemed scared to talk to us and even a little upset when we ordered more sushi rolls during the meal. But it was a great time and I will go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining hibachi chefts. TheGFPNDined on 11/9/2013Entertaining hibachi chefts. The kids really enjoyed it! Food was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceaquesada001Dined on 11/3/2013This was actually my first time at a hibachi location so I have nothing to compare it to, however, it was a fantastic place. I made my reservation at 8:45 on a weekday, so it was not very busy. Me and my date entered and were promptly seated, since it was not busy we were the only people at the hibachi station. I ordered the hibachi special which came with a ridiculous amount of food (in a good way); it came with filet mignon, lobster, scallops, rice, noodles, and soup. The food was superb, one of the best steaks I have ever had. I will definitely be returning to this place! The only negative was parking, there is a paid lot next to them but there was no one there and I didn't want to risk getting towed. I did find street parking, though,Special Features:
- Japanese "Diner" foodLKJCDined on 11/1/2013We went to Teppan based on the high ratings from others, but did not go to the Hibachi tables or get Sushi, and since we were underwhelmed with the food and experience, I assume that their Sushi and Hibachi must be great. Our food, service, and decor was comparable to what I expect from a common Chinese or Greek "diner" type establishment. Large portions of basically good but uninspiring food.
- Tuesday,Thursday the best nightsSiriusVIPDined on 10/17/2013Come on downtown JC on a Tuesday or Thursday night and have Yanna serve you at the bar. The food is fresh, served quickly and the server is super knowledgeable about the menu and what's new. They have an eclectic bar menu with some new favorites: try Sochu on the rocks-it's best described as a Japanese vodka but at 1/2 the calorie and 1/3 the alcohol content. Never had a bad meal or service. The regulars are fun and friendly. Free parking in the lot BEHIND the restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, well entertainedvisitor88Dined on 9/20/2013The food was good, our chef was very entertaining - I don't think I've ever chuckled so much while watching someone cook for me, in a good way! They also do some great cocktails and reasonably priced, with generally a good drinks list and varied options available. You get served plenty of food, especially considering we opted to share a meal between 2, but there was 4 girls in total. If you have a good appetite I would get a plate to yourself though. We sat at the Hibachi table which I believe can seat up to 19. We're definitely hoping to go back for an upcoming birthday with a big group of us. Very sociable, wouldn't recommend for a romantic dinner for 2 though. Overall - we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest sushi in JC!!ReetzVIPDined on 9/13/2013My husband and I have tried almost every sushi place in JC, and this place is the best, hands down. We went there last Friday after work, and they have a sushi special that is $1 per piece of sushi and 3 rolls for $10. We split 3 rolls and some sushi/sashimi and left for under $30 and were stuffed! And, the sushi portions were enormous, and the fish was so fresh that it had absolutely no "fishy" taste or smell, and the mouthfeel and bite of the fish was firm and tender. The flavor of the fish was so good you did not need any soy sauce or wasabi! The regular rolls were nothing amazing, but stood on par with every other place in the area. So we will be back for the nigiri and sashimi. The atmosphere was humming, very fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Teppan!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2013It's our go-to local restaurant. Sashimi is great, the waiters are super nice, price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is always fresh andMellsVIPDined on 6/29/2013Sushi is always fresh and delicious. Special drink was perfect for summer (Lychee Mojito) and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hibachi I've had in a whileCraigVIPDined on 6/15/2013Way to go Teppan for Jersey City outstanding quality sushi and hibachi. These guys really have their stuff together. This is my second time there and I will keep going. They're very consistent, friendly and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time. Enjoyable and LivingBabsbunny77VIPDined on 5/6/2013Nice time. Enjoyable and Living Social deal was great.Special Features:
- Not only is the food an "A"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Not only is the food an "A" but the service is just as fabulous! This wasn't my first time here but it was my first time making a reservation with Open Table. I highly recommend everything, especially the hibachi.Special Features:
- Great for Hibachi!JLaterDined on 3/5/2013Have been here a few times with large groups and have always been very pleased. Fair pricing and always tasty hibachi. They put on a good show and they offer many different combinations. Also, if a few people in your group want to order Sushi or other non-hibachi food, they have been accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep going backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013My husband & I first went to Teppan because we did a search for Hibachi and it came up on Around Me.. We have been back many times for both sushi and Hibachi and have always had a great experience! The cocktail menu - excellent! Something for everyone and they have amazing drink specials. The food is really good as well. The sushi tastes super fresh and they have lots of fun rolls to choose from. They are attentive with the service, quick turn around on orders and they always greet you with a warm welcome when you walk through the door. I like this place very much and have even gotten two of my friends hooked on it too. This place has become a staple for me when I want sushi or Hibachi. I highly recommend you try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, long wait, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Great food, long wait, service was subpar, but food made up for it.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was very good and the chefs were very friendly. Alex, the coordinator of our event was very supportive. We had a valentine dinner with a group of 22 people and everyone enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- I will stick to BenihanasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The service was horrible and understaffed. We had a reservation for Hibachi at 8:30. We arrived at 8:15 and didn't get seated till 9pm. Then after we were seated we didn't have menus or anybody take our drink orders till 9:20pm. Finally our cook arrived at 9:40. He was boring and showed no enthusiasm when doing his cooking tricks. The food was rushed and tasted bland! The ambiance and the decor is nice that's all I can say impressed me. They were way understaffed. Especially because it was valentines day you would think they have more staff working. They had six hibachi stations and only 2 cooks! Not to mention only 4 waiters.
- The food was great and thecrfoodieDined on 2/4/2013The food was great and the service was excellent. Will visit again when in Jersey City.Special Features:
- wonderful everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013I took my sister here for her 25th birthday and this place was great. There was 15 of us and we all fit at one table becay se each sectipn seats up to 19 people comfortably. The food was delicious ans the chefs were funny and entertaining. I will definitely be returning here.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013I enjoyed it here. As a fan of the Japanese culture and cuisine, this restaurant definitely satisfied my taste. The Sushi was amazing!Special Features:
- I went for the Hibachi withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012I went for the Hibachi with my family and I must say that everything was good. It was very quiet since it was empty (We went on a snow day) and the service was fairly quick. The Hibachi chef was really entertaining and our food was great. I'm not sure about the average price of a Hibachi meal but we paid about $110 for a party of 4, which I thought was fair. Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Hibachi Spot!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Loved the food and service!!!! Everyone is very friendly...Affordable prices and you get a good amount of food!!!This place is my new spot ;)Special Features:
- Did not go for hibachi, insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Did not go for hibachi, instead we sat in the private dining section. The food was excellent. The service was okay. The ambiance is nice, it's a mixed crowd and the decor is pretty nice. I would definitely go back again, especially for the hibachi, I could imagine it's great.Special Features:
- Teppan is fantastic! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Teppan is fantastic! They were able to accomodating our group of 13 at one giant hibachi table that had two cooking stations. The Hibachi dinner was fantastic, the chef's do a great job of entertaining as they cook, and the quality and preparation of the food was top notch. They also have a nice selection of beer, saki and specialty drinks. This is definately one of the best places to go in the area if you are looking to host a fun dinner for a small to medium size group of people. Also, it is worth noting that street parking near the restaurant is always available (which makes it very desirable when comparing to Hoboken) and the Grove street path and Harborside lite rail stations are only a few blocks away.Special Features: