413 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tenthrail.com/
- Phone: 6464550873
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 5:00PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
Saturday and Sunday 12pm -5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Book your bachelor or bachelorette party in our private downstairs room; or have your graduation party or wedding reception on our spacious rooftop area that provides a private entrance, a spectacular City view, full catering, and ample room for live bands or DJs and up to 300 guests.
A word from Tenth Rail
Nestled right on the border of Hell’s Kitchen and Chelsea West, Tenth Rail serves up delicious New American cuisine. Just a hop, skip, and a step away from the Chelsea art galleries, Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, and the Javits Center. A full bar with 16 beers on tap, and entertainment in the form of 10 HD flat screen TVs, live music and, karaoke in the evenings. Perfect place for after-work drinks, watching a game, going out with friends, or a romantic dinner. Just minutes away from Madison Square Garden, NY Penn Station and the Javits Center, Tenth Rail serves up delicious New American cuisine, specialty cocktails and 16 beers on tap. Come enjoy our daily happy hour specials, our 10 flatscreen TVs, DJ and live music in the evenings, all in a sophisticated, relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tenth Rail reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst service everChuckVIPDined on 8/14/2013The service on this day was appalling. Theres a male waiter who is so inattentive he may have forgotten he worked there.... I had to literally stand and wave my armto alert him something was wrong with my order after he walked by three or four times. My steak sandwich arrived stone cold on a stale bun with no horseradish. He said ok and walked away - again walking by two times as I was trying to get him to take the plate away. Finally another server saw me and I asked him to take it away and bring the check. 5 mins later he came by with a menu saying sorry it wasn't to your satisfaction would you like to try something else? I said no, paid and left. He said I hope you'll give us another chance. That us quite unlikely!
- Just another barnjcommuterDined on 8/7/2013I should have looked at the menu more thoroughly before deciding to reserve here. It's just a bar, with the usual appetizers, but only about 6 dinners. We were a party of six, including family from Australia. My cobb salad was totally mediocre, everyone else's food was "eh", the service was ok, they were out of the wings, and the whole thing was a let-down. We wanted a location near Penn Station, and that's about all this place has to offer.
- Reliably ExcellentDrToddMDined on 7/11/2013I've been coming to the Tenth Rail for lunch since it opened around the corner from my office. The food is solidly good on a consistent level. Nobody I have brought there has been disappointed. The menu is widely varied so vegetarians can order something other than noodles and bread while omnivores like me don't feel like we are eating nothing but side dishes. The staff are always attentive. I have dined at Del Posto, Le Bernardin and Per Se. The wait staff at the Tenth Rail are of a comparable professional level, if somewhat more relaxed because of the venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4, 2013DanielDined on 7/4/2013Bad food, bad service, too late with the table even though we had a reservation. The place was like an oven. We'll chalk it up to being the 4th of July! p.s. don't plan on going back.
- Great SpotDrToddMDined on 3/15/2013The Tenth Rail is my favorite place in the area. Many of the people on my team are vegetarians while I am very much a carnivore. The Tenth rail offers excellent choices in a sufficiently wide variety to satisfy everybody's palate. If I'm not eating lunch in another part of the City, I eat at the Tenth Rail.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012I should have done more research on this place before going. The food was not unique at all and was way over piced. Despite being he only ones eating the service was slow. I frequently saw the chef and cooks out side smoking or chatting with other employees. Ordered a burger well don but I came out hard and burned. Really disappointed don't waste your time here.
- It was on a Sunday that weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012It was on a Sunday that we had dinner, so it was quiet. The food was absolutely wonderful.
- great place to celebrate aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012great place to celebrate a birthday with friends that love all types of food! i don't eat meat, so, the quesadillas (two types of cheeses were used) were perfect, along with the greek salad. the fish and chips were fried to perfection. the birthday boy ate brisket and mashed potatoes and was in heaven. the fourth friend had a hamburger that was so huge, he had to take 1/2 home....gets kinda noisy, but, it's a friendly noisy and never so loud that you can't carry on a conversation. super close to the convention center and very affordable. i'll go back every time i visit NYC and have to attend a convention.Special Features:
- Marginally better than Amtrak foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2012The location is bad The food is bad The service is very slow (but nice people!) The ambiance is cool, good lighting Nice DJ Waited an hour for food, 2 burgers..... and they were cold and tasteless If I didn't have coupons I wouldn't bother going here and even with the coupons it wasn't worth it. Don't venture all the way to 33rd and 10th for this place, hundreds of better places around, save your money!
- It took us two hours to getOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012It took us two hours to get our food. Not to mention we ordered appetizers and we didn't get those until we got our food. The only chef there kept coming out to watch the game rather than cook food! They couldn't even handle getting our drinks. That took about 25 minutes.
- Decent sports bar/food, but kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/10/2012This place has more of a sports bar feel than a restaurant, although I had a great steak there and my companion enjoyed her fish and chips. The waitress was young and friendly, but obviously had no service experience at all. The manager noticed her several mistakes, however, and bought us a round of drinks. They have some kinks to work out, but if you're looking for solid bar food with a sports bar feel, you could do worse. It would be a "chill" place to have dinner while watching a game.
- Good value for the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2012Good value for the money. But not much more than a local, neighborhood bar.
- It was one of the slowest,KimballVIPDined on 9/13/2012It was one of the slowest, poorly serviced dinners I have had. After telling our waitress we had to catch a show, our food still did not arrive in a timely manner. Another member of our party had to actually ask the waitress for a menu after being seated, 15 minutes later. We had to ask for our wine twice after we ordered it. I would not return even though the food was tasty.
- Food was awful. Service waschipDined on 9/10/2012Food was awful. Service was mediocre. Seems to be a bar with Karaoke, and that's it's limit.
- Bull's Eye for the Tenth RailDrToddMDined on 8/20/2012Very good food, Magnificently attentive service and a very nice place to sit and enjoy lunch. What more can anybody require for less than $20/person in Manhattan?Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood spotWestSideGuyVIPDined on 8/14/2012This is a neighborhood spot for me so I wanted it to be good, but the service was very slow. It was full of people with Groupons, so the waitstaff really wasn't into satisfying the customers since the tip would automatically be included.
- The service was horrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012The service was horrible and the manager tried to over charge my credit card. He did not even apologize for the inconvenience. I would never go back.
- What more do you want?DrToddMDined on 7/5/2012Great food - Fantastic service - what more can one ask?Special Features:
- Very friendly and accommodatingKennVIPDined on 7/2/2012Very friendly and accommodating staff, good food and reasonably priced for Manhattan.
- Very disappointed- no way coming bkNYwildcritterVIPDined on 4/14/2012no water was given to me for 20 mins and I had to call for a menu. waited an hour and no salad and sandwiches. All the day's special were not available.
- Tenth Rail accommodated outIrons401Dined on 4/7/2012Tenth Rail accommodated out large group (8 persons) easily and professionally. The food was ample and as expected for a local neighborhood bar (i.e. burgers, sandwiches). Great place for drinks and to "watch the game" as they had numerous TV's. Not a destination spot for a romantic candle lit dinner.Special Features:
- Another "Bull's Eye", As UsualDrToddMDined on 4/2/2012Great little informal place with interesting quality food and a selection widely varied enough that any body should be able to find something they like. Everybody I bring here thanks me for turning them on to the place. My only complaint is that I always have to request salt for the table. That should let you know how consistently enjoyable and satisfying the Tenth Rail always is.Special Features:
- Great food for a smallishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Great food for a smallish bar/pub. Service was attentive and helpful. Not a fine-dining experience, but if you want a simple, tasty meal of good quality, it's a positive find.Special Features:
- My first time there, and won'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012My first time there, and won't be my last. A very good quite setting for food and Drinks.Special Features:
- The Tenth Rail is The First ChoiceDrToddMDined on 2/23/2012The TENTH RAIL is just about the best place in the area. I'm a carnivore but there are many strict vegetarians among my colleagues. Its always easy for all of us to find something we want and not just 'settling for' because there is nothing else we can stand. The wait staff are consummate professionals without being overbearing or intrusive. Lola is a particular standout for her deft handling of guests - both nice and not so nice. They make you feel welcome and appreciated. You will appreciate the varied menu and quality cuisine.Special Features:
- It's close to the office inLorraineVIPDined on 2/22/2012It's close to the office in a neighborhood where restaurants are few, so I will return; Had the French Onion Soup. Although the taste was good, it was only mildly warm, had little bread and little cheese. My friend liked her chopped salad. Service was only OK.Special Features:
- Excellent food at reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent food at reasonable prices. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- I RSPV over a week in advance.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012I RSPV over a week in advance. Upon arrival to the restaurant, it was over crowded and all the tables were gone. I spoke to several workers at Tenth Rail who stated they would handle the issue, however left us standing in a corner. We never got to experience the food or anything else, because we left after 30 minutes of waiting.
- This place is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012This place is a wonderful spot for small crowds. I was invited to a superbowl party at this venue and Im not sure if the staff was prepared for the crowd that came in. Thank God I made a reservation because it was wall to wall people. The service was very blah. We received our initial order of drinks and 2 appetizers, but that was it. We put in a second round of drinks and it never came. We asked our waitress time and time again where the drinks were and she kept saying that they ran out of pitchers. We asked if we could have them in regular cups and they never came. I think the Tenth Rail is a great place, but on big game/fight nights, I would avoid it.Special Features: