1022 Second Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ten22oldsac.com/
- Phone: 9164412211x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00 - 6:00 pm & 9:00 pm - close, Monday-Friday
Bar: Serving drinks until 12:00am on Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Veregge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call our Event Coordinator or Chef Jay to make arrangements for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Ten22 hosts FREE live music every Friday and Saturday from 7-10 pm. Check our website or join our newsletter for list of local area bands playing at Ten22.
- Special Events: Private dining room holds up to 55 guests. From March - October, outdoor patio space holds up to 100 guests. Great for dinner parties, galas, fundraisers, or any type of an event.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located two blocks away on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, Foursquare or Yelp and receive FREE valet with purchase of food. Valid only during valet hours only.
A word from Ten22
Eat, drink, and relax at Ten22. Enjoy the contemporary-chic style of our dining room or the spacious outdoor patio with firepit. Great for dining for business or with friends and family. Ten22 has something for everyone. The menu features American favorites with a modern twist.Continued
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten22 - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ten22 reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (65)special occasion (60)good for groups (45)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (41)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)Show More
- Pleasant setting unexceptional foodmidtowndinersDined on 8/30/2014Spacious, pleasant setting with lovely outdoor courtyard, and very attentive and professional service. The food was unexceptional but certainly acceptable. Serving potato salad with a $19 entree was a disappointment. Day specials are overpriced at over $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We took my parents out for an anniversary celebration. There were 11 of us ranging in ages from 8 to 72. The kids menus not only had great options but also came with a little crafty toy called wiki sticks that kept them entertained the whole evening. What a treat for the adults! Our server Jack was helpful and attentive and gave us great descriptions of the menu options that made ordering a breeze. My pork chop was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My brother-in-law said the beer Jack recommended was perfect. After dinner he brought out dessert & champagne for my parents. The next time we are in the area we would love to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our office had a fabulous lunch here last Friday. There were 12 of us and each and everyone of us had a delicious meal that we all raved about. I coordinated the lunch and you made me look really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Option for Business LunchckncjDined on 8/27/2014Although we each just had salads, the food was good. We dined al fresco - it was a bit warm out, but nice ambiance on the patio. Lemonade was tasty - perfect with the heat, actually. Outdoor fans would have been nice. Overall, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE!1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was my second visit to Ten22. As with the first visit, I asked for a four course "chef's choice" menu. Although it was last minute, the staff sprung into action and had it set up as though my reservation had been made a week before. I sat at the Chef's table and watched the kitchen staff prepare dinner. Starting with the Iberico cheese and charcuterie plate, the dinner was off to a great start. Heirloom tomatoes were in season and paired with fresh Buratta and a pesto puree, they were delicious. The star of the show was a braised lamb, Osso Bucco style with a Moroccan flair consisting of chorizo and peppers. It was beautifully presented with a rich sauce. Dessert was a seasonal peach bread pudding. Wine pairings were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineNDineDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed Sunday lunch with a large party of international visitors. Some in our group had never been to the US before and they had lots of questions. Some had special dietary requirements. Our server was very kind, understanding and patient. He went out of his way to confirm the contents of some of the dishes with the chef and offered alternative preparations for those who couldn't eat them as listed on the menu. The food was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. It was a long and leisurely lunch, but we were not rushed. The hostess was very accommodating and friendly. She made our guests feel comfortable and welcome. Ten22 was a very nice surprise in the midst of otherwise touristy Old Sacramento.Special Features:
- ChangingMarkDined on 8/23/2014We used to love this place. It seems like the menu is changing a bit and the good just isn't as good. The last two times we have been both my wife and I felt the quality of the food has gone down from what it used to be a year ago.Special Features:
- fantastic dessertsjbellDined on 8/23/2014Ten22 had an excellent menu with great desserts. I highly recommend this place, would go again.Special Features:
- I would only go back for desertUnhappyDined on 8/22/2014The only item that was delicious was the mango bread pudding, everything else was very mediocre. The falvors were very normal something I can cook at home. My duck was raw and I sent it back and I was shocked when the same piece of duck was sent back to me, normally you get a new dish when you send somehting back that was wrong. The leather in one of the seats was torn, the floor under the table was very sticky. My son spilled his water and when the busboy came to clean it up he left my side of the table all wet. This are not biggies when you are paying $9.99 for something that is not even out of the ordinary BUT when you pay $33.00 for it these issues become a problem.
- Not So Crispy DuckedhcaDined on 8/20/2014I ordered Crispy Duck and Kale. Gust of wind lifted roasted kale depositing balsamic vinegar on my white jacket. Duck not crispy and cooked past medium rare. Skin was still attached, fat not rendered. Got a mouthful of rubbery skin. Kale was burnt. Entree returned to me now medium well and fat still not rendered or crispy. Still rubbery. No service for an hour, and uneaten entree sat in front of me. Had to flag down server. Too late to order another entree, so no dinner for me. No apology from manager after second try. Surprised to get a bill for my drink and salad, no comp. Have had crispy duck several times before, no rubbery skin. Entree priced at $28 dollars, surprised no quality check before being delivered to me (twice).Special Features:
- Missed OpportunitySweeteatsDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has a great vibe but fell short in quality. Expensive but lacked flavor. Steak was so tough I could hardly cut it. I get the esoteric wine list but give me a couple of wines I know to consider. For the money just a big disappointment. Step up the flavor and add a little salt.Special Features:
- New menu and outdoor decorDiningOutDined on 8/15/2014Haven't been to Ten22 for a year or so and was please with the excellent job they did in updating the outdoor patio dining area. They added sun shades and misters which worked great. Ten22 had a new menu which was excellent! Service was great as well. Wonderful dining experience in Old Town - will not wait a year to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous girls night out!PrincessmamaDined on 8/15/2014I wanted a fun place to celebrate my birthday with a girls night out and I hit the jackpot! The staff was friendly from the time I hit the door till I left! There was also live music! First time there and I loved it. Made my birthday specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSirDinealotDined on 8/14/2014After being recommended by friends we decided to try. Very disappointed. First, waitress was a real ChattyCathy TMI. She forgot to place our appetizer order, so it showed up with our main course. Slopped drinks as they were delivered. Food was excessively salty, both entree's. We used valet to park, paid on dinner tab, but did not give us separate receipt that was required by valet service, who actually asked me to go back in and gat one. Music from what I believe was separate seating area had different music, so it was like listening to two radio stations at once. Don't plan to return
- ndnsheriffDined on 8/9/2014Went on a Saturday night. Not crowded. Our server semed to be having an off night and made us feel like we were wasting his time. My husband had the sea bass, he enjoyed it. He had beer with his meal and felt like it would have been better if served in a chilled glass. I had the flank steak medium rare , with green beans and potatoes. It was a good portion. I would order it again. We tried the "banana split" dessert. It had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla mousse with banana cake. The best one definately the vanilla, the other two didn't taste that great. I spoke to an assistant manager regarding some of my concerns regarding the service. He was gracious and professional. It may be awhile before I return, if ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Birthday Eveninggr8fulheartDined on 8/9/2014As a family we were celebrating my mom's birthday. Right from the get-go she was welcomed warmly and wished a happy birthday by the hostess. We have dietary constraints in our family, which were easlily accommodated. The food was good and was served in a timely manner. We are members of a Napa Valley wine club and were able to find an excellent wine on the list that is no longer available to even wine club members. My husband was delighted. It was a lovely evening in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmcwaDined on 8/7/2014Definitely a farm to fork.... Local, organic, wild caught fish etc. Interesting trios nightly. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/6/2014Had a very nice meal. Server was very attentive and pleasant. Ambiance refreshing as restaurant located in old Sacramento but nothing old about the decor, menu or serviceSpecial Features:
- nice but a few shortcomingsBillCDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the restaurant, serving sizes were small on some entrees; would like to try again and not sit in one of the booths. Booths are great for very private setting, but backs are high and you see nothing but the person in front of you..... can be good or not so mucySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealWillnMatt1998Dined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed the new menu, new dishes, especially the daily special fish! We loved the cocktail drinks too, although there was a delay for our order at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE OLD TOWN OPTION1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014I had multiple courses at the Chef's Counter and each was delicious. Service was friendly andenergetic but a work in progress for this up and coming restaurant. The wine list was well planned and the pairings with my dinner were right on the mark. I look forward to my next dinner at Ten22!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timejdnoVIPDined on 7/30/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It was very nice. The outdoor dining area was great. Our server was prompt and attentive. The food was excellent. We would definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateTMatlackDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place to take a women on a first date during lunch hours. It wasn't crowded so it really allows you to get to know the other person without distractions. Plus they give you the option of a booth or table which is also nice. Overall the atmospher is: nice, not crowded, and the waitress was really helpful with suggestions if you have never been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Little SlowPaintguyDined on 7/24/2014When we arrived at 6pm on a Thursday night the place was almost empty. We were heading to a 7:30 show, and were seated immediately. Our server took our drink order right away but took 15 minutes to return. We were amazed as the place was empty. I then let her know we were in a hurry, and everything was fine then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expecteddine0saurDined on 7/22/2014I chose this place for my 30th birthday dinner because of the variety of menu choices and the location. Pictures online looked nice. The wait staff looked unkempt and behaved unprofessionally. My boyfriend's pork chop was burnt, there was a gross smudge on his glass, and the ice cream was freezer burnt. I was embarrassed to have brought my friends here for such a special celebration.Special Features:
- Nice lunchCaffyDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed a nice group lunch sitting at the outside patio. The inside also looked nice and bright considering the location. Food was good, inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Old Town optionCapnHalDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent, service spotty, had trouble finding our waiter when we wanted him. We told him we weren't in a hurry, and he took us a little too literally. It was a little breezy on the patio, but that's generally a fine space when the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueVroomanDined on 7/19/2014Visiting Old Sacramento on a budget and you don’t want to “short change” the experience? Then Ten22 would be an excellent choice. My wife and my parents were going to be in Old Sacramento during the afternoon, just after lunch and just before dinner. This sometimes limits the restaurant choices since most restaurants open at 5pm for dinner. We didn't want to spend too much, yet we wanted to enjoy an early sit-down dinner at a full service restaurant with good food and spirits. I can tell you that Tenn22 fit the plan to a “T”. Good selection of microbrewed beers, 28 on-tap, and a decent wine list. Food was well prepared, good presentation, healthy portions and it all tasted nice. Service was friendly, a little slow, but friendly!Special Features:
- great food, missing servicelchtwobzDined on 7/15/2014We waited almost 30 minutes for anyone to ask us about drinks. Finally we (five of us) pursued it and were told there was a mix up. No waiter was assigned so we were picked up by a very helpful person. Everything was slow. Thank goodness for the comfortable setting and the companionship. When we ordered dessert it took about 20 minutes for the bread pudding to arrive; one shared order. Again saved by the quality of the food. We would definitely return but would be prepared for so-so service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in Old SacsuzQDined on 7/14/2014Great wine list and the chef's vegetarian choices are tasty and interesting. (except for zucchini - dislike the stuff but everyone uses it!) We took my mother-in-law to dinner for her birthday and she can be quite nit-picky but she was quite happy with the ambience and her meal.Special Features:
- First Time DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a slight hick-up with the service when we first arrived, but it was quickly and professionally handled. The food was fantastic, the service was great, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant was vibrant. We especially liked having the live band to listen to while we dined. We'll definitely be coming back for another visit.Special Features:
- Good food and service; A bit priceytedlinkoDined on 7/12/2014The food was tasty and we'll prepared. However, many of the entrées seemed a bit overpriced at $25+. Thepizzas were good and more reasonable than the other fare. Enjoyed the live music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceDineOnDined on 7/11/2014We have been going to Ten22 for several years. We've always had very good experiences with the food and service. On our last visit, we noticed that the changes to the menu over the last several years have changed the dining experience. The menu (dinner entrees) is less accessible and lacks some of the more basic choices that used to be on it and provided the less adventurous with options (like their awesome burger). Overall, we thought there was a lack of entree options to choose from. Our dinner was disappointing this time (took forever and then one entree was undercooked) but we intend to give it another shot, as they have a great patio, good service, excellent wine list, and a history of great food. Great for groups on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014We took guests from out of town here for a midweek dinner to see Old Sac. We ate inside in a quiet booth. Beautiful restaurant. I ordered the price fixed menu for a reasonable $25, which happened to be sea bass. (It also came with a salad and sorbet, which turned into ice cream.) It was good on the outside edges, but a bit mealy towards the middle. My husband enjoyed the lamb entree, and the 2 guests had pizza. We had an appetizer, 5 beers, and desserts. The service was uneven at times, but very good on filling the water. It took some time for the food to appear, but that was fine. It's not fast food here. We could talk and hear each other, perhaps because it wasn't busy. That was a real bonus. The tab came to $160 before tip.Special Features:
- Exemplary Service and FoodLynneDined on 7/8/2014Ten22 is consistently a standout restaurant for Sacramento, with a great menu of fresh local choices, great service, and lovely ambience indoors and out. I brought 3 friends there for lunch, and they were also impressed with all of the above. One person in our party had "lots of severe food allergies" and the wait-staff was extremely attentive and accommodating, both in helping her make safe choices and in adding specific instructions for the kitchen. She even checked back in with this guest a couple of times to make sure all was well, in good humor. We also enjoyed a warm welcome from owner, Terry Harvego. Thanks Ten 22!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMPWSDined on 7/7/2014We have returned to Ten22 multiple times for their incredible food. There is always multiple things on the menu we want to have. Their Osso Bucco is divine!Special Features:
- Great vibeMemoDined on 7/4/2014I loved the interior of this restaurant, great lighting and interesting decor. The menu is a bit confusing as it doesn't exactly describe the dishes or preparation. I had a great starter of burrata, tomato, basil and balsamic vinegar. I chose the pork chop for my main and it was cooked to perfection but really didn't have much pork taste. I didn't care for the side dishes or the sauce which didn't really complement the pork chop. My husband had the duck and loved it. If I lived in the Sacramento area I probably would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantJEB1Dined on 6/28/2014Nice meal, pretty fast service, friendly waitress.Special Features:
- EPICurean experienceBtcoolDined on 6/28/2014The food here was epic!!! Deliciously creative execution on all levels; starters, entrees and desserts! Whether a light meal at the bar with your favorite brew or a special occasion with a selection from their extensive wine list, this is a can't miss stop for your dining pleasure.Special Features:
- Perfect serviceAnthonyDined on 6/28/2014Chef was also our wine consultant; perfect perfect service, with much attention, as if we were very special. COMPLETELY appreciated and we will absolutely be back. Wish there were more stars for better than outstanding service. Food AND wine were spectacular. Thank YOU!Special Features: