1022 Second Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ten22oldsac.com/
- Phone: 9164412211x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00 - 6:00 pm & 9:00 pm - close, Monday-Friday
Bar: Serving drinks until 12:00am on Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Veregge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call our Event Coordinator or Chef Jay to make arrangements for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Ten22 hosts FREE live music every Friday and Saturday from 7-10 pm. Check our website or join our newsletter for list of local area bands playing at Ten22.
- Special Events: Private dining room holds up to 55 guests. From March - October, outdoor patio space holds up to 100 guests. Great for dinner parties, galas, fundraisers, or any type of an event.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located two blocks away on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, Foursquare or Yelp and receive FREE valet with purchase of food. Valid only during valet hours only.
A word from Ten22
Eat, drink, and relax at Ten22. Enjoy the contemporary-chic style of our dining room or the spacious outdoor patio with firepit. Great for dining for business or with friends and family. Ten22 has something for everyone. The menu features American favorites with a modern twist.Continued
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten22 - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ten22 reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)great for outdoor dining (60)special occasion (50)good for groups (46)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (38)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great overallLivingwaterDined on 9/26/2014Great drinks. Order the pearlizer and the ivory drinks. Very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, great tasting foodRTJuiceDined on 9/24/2014Chef seems to keep a few staples on the menu every visit mixed in with new dishes and daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendCaliGrl2014Dined on 9/24/2014Lovely restaurant in old town Sacramento. Sat in the back in a sunny courtyard. Food was served quickly, fish & chips. Fish was nice and crispy but crust was bland and sauce wasn't good.Special Features:
- Get the Ancho Corn for Appetizer!LBG8VIPDined on 9/20/2014This dish was pure genius; one of the most creative and delicious appetizers we ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeburke2221Dined on 9/19/2014Took my wife for her birthday dinner. The restaurant was amazing, the service was even better and the food was off the charts. We enjoyed the convenience of the valet parking and we were treated like friends by everyone on the staff. I would HIGHLY recommend Ten22 to anyone looking for a date night, girls/guys night or any other reason to go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven...jansomjorgeDined on 9/18/2014Some of the salads and starters were very good. Entrees not so much: over cooked fish, inedible greens, dry duck. It was much better on previous visits less than a year ago. I do not know if I will be back; you're only as good as pour last meal.
- Tasty food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014tasty food, but it took 30 minutes to get there. It would be handy if there was an alternate menu with prep times for all the different dishes on it. That way, I could order something that comes faster.Special Features:
- A REAL GEM IN OLD TOWN SAC1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I had the special three course Farm to Fork festival menu. The heirloom tomato salad was absolutely delicious and set the stage for the braised lamb shank over a bed of creamy polenta. All I can say is Wow! The dessert was equally delicious and a great way to end the meal. Wine pairings were great and service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous little secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a group party. We were created and seated, very courteous friendly. They even gave the bday ladies complimentary chocolate mousse pie..what a treat! We would definitely recommend TEN22 as a place to try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourLaraDined on 9/12/2014The Happy Hour drinks and food were great. It was just enough to have before a great meal. We did not have dinner there just Happy Hour but plan on returning for a meal. The patio was closed due to a private reservation but hope to sit outside next time. The bartender was great and my Sangria was delicious. Just what I needed after a long week.Special Features:
- Great Meet-up placegeheideckerDined on 9/12/2014Went for a group meet-up for drinks and light dinner. Service was great, and the drinks/food were delish!Special Features:
- Everyone liked itDanaDined on 9/8/2014Food presentation very nice. Everyone seemed very happy with entree. Mine was fine but not exceptional. I ordered Caesar salad with chicken added to it. It was just okay. The chicken seemed cooked well in advance and offered nothing but an odd combination of flavors to the salad. The other entrees looked very good and got good reviews. Service was very good. Our table seemed cramped in size for 6 and only five were in attendance. They were not at all busy so the cramped space seemed unnecessary.Special Features:
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/6/2014Not only some terrific one of a kind food choices, but very good (and not too loud) musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!marian2uDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming here to dine with friends or celebrate birthdays for several years. The food is consistently interesting and delicious, mostly locally sourced. They also have a great variety of beers, which we appreciate!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAaronDined on 9/6/2014Great Service, Good Beers on tap. Little pricey but fine food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!ferdinandthebullDined on 9/5/2014First time here with my boyfriend, it was great! For appetizers we had a burrata and tomato salad that was delicious, and cheese with cured ham wrapped breadsticks - cheese was really good. My boyfriend was excited that they had duck and he loved it, and I got a seasonal calzone that was tasty. Paired with some Double IPA's, we enjoyed it! We also got to sit on the patio and listen to live jazz music so that was a plus.Special Features:
- wonderful...TazzmomDined on 9/5/2014wanted to get away from work for a quick lunch.. Excellent service, mindful of our time schedule. wonderful indoor and outdoor atmosphere. wide variety of food for those of us that eat organic or vegetarian.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely outdoor patioVeggiefoodieDined on 9/5/2014This was my second time at Ten22. The food was fantastic both times and I love that they use seasonal fruits and veggies in their dishes. I love their outdoor patio - it's much quieter and relaxing than the dining room inside. The service could use some improvement as we had to ask for simple things like table settings multiple times from multiple servers before we got them. It's a great place if you have time to spend and want great food in the Old Sacramento neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant setting unexceptional foodmidtowndinersDined on 8/30/2014Spacious, pleasant setting with lovely outdoor courtyard, and very attentive and professional service. The food was unexceptional but certainly acceptable. Serving potato salad with a $19 entree was a disappointment. Day specials are overpriced at over $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experiencejw88Dined on 8/30/2014We took my parents out for an anniversary celebration. There were 11 of us ranging in ages from 8 to 72. The kids menus not only had great options but also came with a little crafty toy called wiki sticks that kept them entertained the whole evening. What a treat for the adults! Our server Jack was helpful and attentive and gave us great descriptions of the menu options that made ordering a breeze. My pork chop was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My brother-in-law said the beer Jack recommended was perfect. After dinner he brought out dessert & champagne for my parents. The next time we are in the area we would love to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our office had a fabulous lunch here last Friday. There were 12 of us and each and everyone of us had a delicious meal that we all raved about. I coordinated the lunch and you made me look really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Option for Business LunchckncjDined on 8/27/2014Although we each just had salads, the food was good. We dined al fresco - it was a bit warm out, but nice ambiance on the patio. Lemonade was tasty - perfect with the heat, actually. Outdoor fans would have been nice. Overall, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE!1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was my second visit to Ten22. As with the first visit, I asked for a four course "chef's choice" menu. Although it was last minute, the staff sprung into action and had it set up as though my reservation had been made a week before. I sat at the Chef's table and watched the kitchen staff prepare dinner. Starting with the Iberico cheese and charcuterie plate, the dinner was off to a great start. Heirloom tomatoes were in season and paired with fresh Buratta and a pesto puree, they were delicious. The star of the show was a braised lamb, Osso Bucco style with a Moroccan flair consisting of chorizo and peppers. It was beautifully presented with a rich sauce. Dessert was a seasonal peach bread pudding. Wine pairings were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineNDineDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed Sunday lunch with a large party of international visitors. Some in our group had never been to the US before and they had lots of questions. Some had special dietary requirements. Our server was very kind, understanding and patient. He went out of his way to confirm the contents of some of the dishes with the chef and offered alternative preparations for those who couldn't eat them as listed on the menu. The food was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. It was a long and leisurely lunch, but we were not rushed. The hostess was very accommodating and friendly. She made our guests feel comfortable and welcome. Ten22 was a very nice surprise in the midst of otherwise touristy Old Sacramento.Special Features:
- ChangingMarkDined on 8/23/2014We used to love this place. It seems like the menu is changing a bit and the good just isn't as good. The last two times we have been both my wife and I felt the quality of the food has gone down from what it used to be a year ago.Special Features:
- fantastic dessertsjbellDined on 8/23/2014Ten22 had an excellent menu with great desserts. I highly recommend this place, would go again.Special Features:
- I would only go back for desertUnhappyDined on 8/22/2014The only item that was delicious was the mango bread pudding, everything else was very mediocre. The falvors were very normal something I can cook at home. My duck was raw and I sent it back and I was shocked when the same piece of duck was sent back to me, normally you get a new dish when you send somehting back that was wrong. The leather in one of the seats was torn, the floor under the table was very sticky. My son spilled his water and when the busboy came to clean it up he left my side of the table all wet. This are not biggies when you are paying $9.99 for something that is not even out of the ordinary BUT when you pay $33.00 for it these issues become a problem.
- Not So Crispy DuckedhcaDined on 8/20/2014I ordered Crispy Duck and Kale. Gust of wind lifted roasted kale depositing balsamic vinegar on my white jacket. Duck not crispy and cooked past medium rare. Skin was still attached, fat not rendered. Got a mouthful of rubbery skin. Kale was burnt. Entree returned to me now medium well and fat still not rendered or crispy. Still rubbery. No service for an hour, and uneaten entree sat in front of me. Had to flag down server. Too late to order another entree, so no dinner for me. No apology from manager after second try. Surprised to get a bill for my drink and salad, no comp. Have had crispy duck several times before, no rubbery skin. Entree priced at $28 dollars, surprised no quality check before being delivered to me (twice).Special Features:
- Missed OpportunitySweeteatsDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has a great vibe but fell short in quality. Expensive but lacked flavor. Steak was so tough I could hardly cut it. I get the esoteric wine list but give me a couple of wines I know to consider. For the money just a big disappointment. Step up the flavor and add a little salt.Special Features:
- New menu and outdoor decorDiningOutDined on 8/15/2014Haven't been to Ten22 for a year or so and was please with the excellent job they did in updating the outdoor patio dining area. They added sun shades and misters which worked great. Ten22 had a new menu which was excellent! Service was great as well. Wonderful dining experience in Old Town - will not wait a year to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous girls night out!PrincessmamaDined on 8/15/2014I wanted a fun place to celebrate my birthday with a girls night out and I hit the jackpot! The staff was friendly from the time I hit the door till I left! There was also live music! First time there and I loved it. Made my birthday specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSirDinealotDined on 8/14/2014After being recommended by friends we decided to try. Very disappointed. First, waitress was a real ChattyCathy TMI. She forgot to place our appetizer order, so it showed up with our main course. Slopped drinks as they were delivered. Food was excessively salty, both entree's. We used valet to park, paid on dinner tab, but did not give us separate receipt that was required by valet service, who actually asked me to go back in and gat one. Music from what I believe was separate seating area had different music, so it was like listening to two radio stations at once. Don't plan to return
- ndnsheriffDined on 8/9/2014Went on a Saturday night. Not crowded. Our server semed to be having an off night and made us feel like we were wasting his time. My husband had the sea bass, he enjoyed it. He had beer with his meal and felt like it would have been better if served in a chilled glass. I had the flank steak medium rare , with green beans and potatoes. It was a good portion. I would order it again. We tried the "banana split" dessert. It had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla mousse with banana cake. The best one definately the vanilla, the other two didn't taste that great. I spoke to an assistant manager regarding some of my concerns regarding the service. He was gracious and professional. It may be awhile before I return, if ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Birthday Eveninggr8fulheartDined on 8/9/2014As a family we were celebrating my mom's birthday. Right from the get-go she was welcomed warmly and wished a happy birthday by the hostess. We have dietary constraints in our family, which were easlily accommodated. The food was good and was served in a timely manner. We are members of a Napa Valley wine club and were able to find an excellent wine on the list that is no longer available to even wine club members. My husband was delighted. It was a lovely evening in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmcwaDined on 8/7/2014Definitely a farm to fork.... Local, organic, wild caught fish etc. Interesting trios nightly. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/6/2014Had a very nice meal. Server was very attentive and pleasant. Ambiance refreshing as restaurant located in old Sacramento but nothing old about the decor, menu or serviceSpecial Features:
- nice but a few shortcomingsBillCDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the restaurant, serving sizes were small on some entrees; would like to try again and not sit in one of the booths. Booths are great for very private setting, but backs are high and you see nothing but the person in front of you..... can be good or not so mucySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealWillnMatt1998Dined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed the new menu, new dishes, especially the daily special fish! We loved the cocktail drinks too, although there was a delay for our order at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE OLD TOWN OPTION1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014I had multiple courses at the Chef's Counter and each was delicious. Service was friendly andenergetic but a work in progress for this up and coming restaurant. The wine list was well planned and the pairings with my dinner were right on the mark. I look forward to my next dinner at Ten22!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timejdnoVIPDined on 7/30/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It was very nice. The outdoor dining area was great. Our server was prompt and attentive. The food was excellent. We would definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.