1022 Second Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ten22oldsac.com/
- Phone: (916) 441-2211
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00 - 6:00 pm & 9:00 pm - close, Monday-Friday
Bar: Serving drinks until 12:00am on Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Veregge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call our Event Coordinator or Chef Jay to make arrangements for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Ten22 hosts FREE live music every Friday and Saturday from 7-10 pm. Check our website or join our newsletter for list of local area bands playing at Ten22.
- Special Events: Private dining room holds up to 55 guests. From March - October, outdoor patio space holds up to 100 guests. Great for dinner parties, galas, fundraisers, or any type of an event.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located two blocks away on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, Foursquare or Yelp and receive FREE valet with purchase of food. Valid only during valet hours only.
A word from Ten22
Eat, drink, and relax at Ten22. Enjoy the contemporary-chic style of our dining room or the spacious outdoor patio with firepit. Great for dining for business or with friends and family. Ten22 has something for everyone. The menu features American favorites with a modern twist.Continued
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Live music every Friday & Saturday from 7-10 pm. No cover charge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten22 - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ten22 reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (42)special occasion (36)romantic (33)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014service was good; butternut soup very good; salad very average
- great place butDigideeDined on 11/20/2014The resultant, service and food are all great! However, the appitizers were confusing and not really appitizers. They seemed like salads and individual plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were first time diners at Ten22 and we had an amazing experience. Pedro our server was kind and attentive and explained in detail our questions about the entrées. We started with champagne with appetizers then moved to wine with the entrées. We could not decide between just 2 dinners so we got 3 of them and loved the salmon, pork chop, and the lamb shanks. Then it was time for dessert and we loved the peach infused bread pudding. It was carmelize on the edges with a crunch and then a delicious soft finish! The GM Bill K. Checked on us throughout the night and made us feel very special during our visit. He really made us feel like VIP. Thank you Bill, Pedro, and the rest of the staff for wonderful dinner. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinner in Old SacletthemeatcakeDined on 11/15/2014Group of 4, first time to ten22. Went for early dinner before going for the kings game. All enjoyed the food and drinks. Prices reasonable. Location right in the middle of old sac. Sit outdoors if you can. Great setting. Heaters are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK BUT NOT AS GOOD AS PAST EXPERIENCES1KTravelerVIPDined on 11/14/2014I brought two other friends to Ten22 for dinner. I have had great experiences here in the past, but this one was just ok. Service was friendly and attentive, but the food didn't reach the levels I have come to expect. My roast duck looked good, but was served on the cool side with a very unremarkable sauce. The red wines were served almost chilled, which detracted from their full character. The bread pudding for dessert was delicious, as well as the charcuterie plate we had to start. It looks like Ten22 is going through changes with the staff, and perhaps this has affected the product. I like this restaurant and hope for a better experience next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 foodies for dinnerfoodie44Dined on 11/14/2014Very impressed with the décor and vibe. Surprised as I have not been to old Sac in years. Classy place, great food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must go!!!!!foodie66Dined on 11/9/2014This was a fantastic lunch. Can't believe such a gem is in old Sacramento normally restaurants down in that area are average. 1022 is a must go and then go again. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten22 is a great place in Old Town SacramentoMafiaElvisDined on 11/8/2014Ten22 was a most enjoyable dining experience. We went for lunch and got to sit in the lovely outdoor patio area. My girlfriend had the Fish and Chips which on this day was made with Sea Bass and crusted with cornmeal. Delicious. I had the Bistro Burger and it was top notch. For dessert we had the banana split which was a delight. 3 different flavored mousse on a banana bread base. Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!emmahDined on 11/7/2014I had another fantastic dining experience at Ten22. This restaurant never disappoints--superb food, excellent, friendly and timely service. I left feeling pampered, physically full and satisfied. This is a wonderful restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elreydetequilaDined on 11/6/2014Walked in with high expectations. Great first impression. Friendly attentive staff. Strange seating arrangements. We decided to sit in the bar. Great corner table. Wine list was limited. Menu was limited. Entres were interesting but not overly appealing. No chicken avail that evening, only one type of steak (flank) which was good but not great. It was served Luke warm. They apologized and corrected it. My wife did enjoy her salmon but the sides were so so. The price is not inexpendive We left thinking we would not be back.Special Features:
- DisappointingChuckVIPDined on 11/6/2014In contrast to several previous meals at Ten22, this was disappointing. The salmon special had modest flavor, and the accompanying vegetables, serving plate, and coffee were room temperature. The dessert (three types of mousse) was attractive but the favors were lackluster. There was a large group having a reception, and the nearby noise levels were unpleasantly high. I hope the chef and restaurant can return to their former level of having better attention to details.
- FINE DINING IN OLD SACRAMENTO1KTravelerVIPDined on 11/2/2014Ten22 is an always reliable dining experience. The staff are friendly and very attentive. The food is very good and reflects the best in farm to fork cuisine. The wine list pairs well with the food and ensures an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a KeeperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was average and some of the plates, steak and fish, were overpriced for the amount of food you got. The bread pudding was oustanding but the service only average. Not a place to go on the weekend since the traffic in Old Sacramento is horrible.Special Features:
- Great Spot in Old Town SacramentoExWaiterEnjoysDiningOutDined on 10/25/2014This place has a good upscale casual vibe in Old Town Sacramento. The service was friendly but not overly ambitious. Thought the food was excellent on this night and the Rack of Lamb was both generous in portion size and cooked to perfection. Recommend for evening with friends or causal group gatherings. Large booths provided added intimacy. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Great food and good servicemmmmmDined on 10/22/2014Since Ten22 was celebrating their 5 year anniversary, it was quite the scene and the noise levels were loud. They had five different small plates for the occasion, so we ordered one of each, plus another special german Rouladen dish (which was the tables favorite even though it was originally thought to be odd since it was meat wrapped around a pickle). The small pork sliders were rather boring compared to the scrumptious duck sausage and delicious butternut squash ravioli. The apple romaine blue cheese salad filled the bill for greens. The second table favorite was the BBQ chicken pizza. Service was excellent as expected. I've been here quite a few times, and it doesn't disappoint.Special Features:
- 5th Anniversary Special DayenjoysHHDined on 10/22/2014We went for the restaurant's 5th Anniversary on 10/22, which advertised appetizers for $5 and special drink prices. My husband and I both ordered the "apple, blue cheese, and romaine" salad. What we got was a horrible soggy mess of lettuce that had obviously been sitting in the dressing for quite some time. The salad was also completely filled with dried cranberries and walnuts! Not at all as advertised. Next we ordered the "BBQ Chicken Pizza". It arrived the size of a fried egg--the smallest pizza we had ever seen. Rediculous. $5 is not much money, but this wasn't worth even $5. Horrible. And the waitress never asked us if we liked the food, even when the salad went back mostly uneaten. Indifferent service. We won't be back.
- Great anniversary menuCharlieDined on 10/22/2014Made reservations for 6 people and we arrived about 15 minutes early with part of our party. We were seated right away and asked if we wanted anything. We said we were waiting for the rest of our party. The wait staff was very good about waiting for everyone to arrive to take our orders. Service was fast and attentive. We were able to relax and enjoy our lunch without being rushed. The restaurant also had a fantastic $5.00 menu to commemorate their anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality LackingAmyADined on 10/22/2014Not sure if it was the $5 Anniversary menu, or that they pre-made food in anticipation of the 5th Anniversary Lunch crowd. I got the BBQ chicken pizza and it tasted like cardboard; like they made pizza using wheat pita bread. The BBQ sauce wasn't the best quality either. The apple romaine salad was fine. The table smelled, and I couldn't tell where it came from; perhaps the paper table cloth that annoyingly wouldn't stay down. The service was very good, but they kept bringing me cups of coffee instead of refilling mine, which is nice to get a new cup each time, but the delivery itself made the coffee luke warm. I think the best part of lunch was the chocolate cupcake. Sorry. For a Firehouse-related restaurant, Ten 22 has work to do.Special Features:
- Not the bestsbcpcDined on 10/18/2014I had been to 1022 for lunch with a workgroup and it was very successful. I went to dinner with my family and friends; the menu and staff were inflexible when it came to order changes, they did not have suitable meals for children and frankly it was extremely overpriced a dinner for 3 of us was over $120.00 (with one cocktail ordered). I would not go back. Thanks anywaySpecial Features:
- one of best meals i have hadBajaSandraVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything was 10 on 10, food, service, music, awesome patio in back. Had burger. Outrageous and cooked to perfection. Served with mix of regular and sweet potato fries. Friend had steak frite. A definite must and will visit again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!FinedinersDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant interior is very nice. We had a nice table. The staff was very friendly. Great service. The chicken entree was especially tasty. Overall we had a pleasant dining experience and would return. Quinn's music was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceHappypandaDined on 10/10/2014The food was beautifully prepared and delicious. The patio was relaxing and we loved the live music. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the Fish Special!VegasVisitorDined on 9/27/2014For $34, the salmon special was a small, dry portion served on top of kale. So busy there we had to wait for drinks because there were no glasses! Disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great overallLivingwaterDined on 9/26/2014Great drinks. Order the pearlizer and the ivory drinks. Very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, great tasting foodRTJuiceDined on 9/24/2014Chef seems to keep a few staples on the menu every visit mixed in with new dishes and daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendCaliGrl2014Dined on 9/24/2014Lovely restaurant in old town Sacramento. Sat in the back in a sunny courtyard. Food was served quickly, fish & chips. Fish was nice and crispy but crust was bland and sauce wasn't good.Special Features:
- Get the Ancho Corn for Appetizer!LBG8VIPDined on 9/20/2014This dish was pure genius; one of the most creative and delicious appetizers we ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeburke2221Dined on 9/19/2014Took my wife for her birthday dinner. The restaurant was amazing, the service was even better and the food was off the charts. We enjoyed the convenience of the valet parking and we were treated like friends by everyone on the staff. I would HIGHLY recommend Ten22 to anyone looking for a date night, girls/guys night or any other reason to go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven...jansomjorgeDined on 9/18/2014Some of the salads and starters were very good. Entrees not so much: over cooked fish, inedible greens, dry duck. It was much better on previous visits less than a year ago. I do not know if I will be back; you're only as good as pour last meal.
- Tasty food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014tasty food, but it took 30 minutes to get there. It would be handy if there was an alternate menu with prep times for all the different dishes on it. That way, I could order something that comes faster.Special Features:
- A REAL GEM IN OLD TOWN SAC1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I had the special three course Farm to Fork festival menu. The heirloom tomato salad was absolutely delicious and set the stage for the braised lamb shank over a bed of creamy polenta. All I can say is Wow! The dessert was equally delicious and a great way to end the meal. Wine pairings were great and service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous little secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a group party. We were created and seated, very courteous friendly. They even gave the bday ladies complimentary chocolate mousse pie..what a treat! We would definitely recommend TEN22 as a place to try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourLaraDined on 9/12/2014The Happy Hour drinks and food were great. It was just enough to have before a great meal. We did not have dinner there just Happy Hour but plan on returning for a meal. The patio was closed due to a private reservation but hope to sit outside next time. The bartender was great and my Sangria was delicious. Just what I needed after a long week.Special Features:
- Great Meet-up placegeheideckerDined on 9/12/2014Went for a group meet-up for drinks and light dinner. Service was great, and the drinks/food were delish!Special Features:
- Everyone liked itDanaDined on 9/8/2014Food presentation very nice. Everyone seemed very happy with entree. Mine was fine but not exceptional. I ordered Caesar salad with chicken added to it. It was just okay. The chicken seemed cooked well in advance and offered nothing but an odd combination of flavors to the salad. The other entrees looked very good and got good reviews. Service was very good. Our table seemed cramped in size for 6 and only five were in attendance. They were not at all busy so the cramped space seemed unnecessary.Special Features:
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/6/2014Not only some terrific one of a kind food choices, but very good (and not too loud) musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!marian2uDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming here to dine with friends or celebrate birthdays for several years. The food is consistently interesting and delicious, mostly locally sourced. They also have a great variety of beers, which we appreciate!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAaronDined on 9/6/2014Great Service, Good Beers on tap. Little pricey but fine food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!ferdinandthebullDined on 9/5/2014First time here with my boyfriend, it was great! For appetizers we had a burrata and tomato salad that was delicious, and cheese with cured ham wrapped breadsticks - cheese was really good. My boyfriend was excited that they had duck and he loved it, and I got a seasonal calzone that was tasty. Paired with some Double IPA's, we enjoyed it! We also got to sit on the patio and listen to live jazz music so that was a plus.Special Features:
- wonderful...TazzmomDined on 9/5/2014wanted to get away from work for a quick lunch.. Excellent service, mindful of our time schedule. wonderful indoor and outdoor atmosphere. wide variety of food for those of us that eat organic or vegetarian.Special Features: