Ten Restaurant & Wine Bar
139 Lakeshore Road East
Mississauga, ON L5G 1E5Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ten Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiprestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9052710016
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm (seasonally); Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Late Night: Sunday - Thursday until 12:00am, Friday & Saturday until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Nic Prong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering... from the HIP specializes in full service customized catering for any and all events -- from elegant dinner parties, theme dinners, cocktail parties, kitchen parties... even home cooking classes! Using only the finest and freshest produce, gathered from across the continent, we employ our mastery of European cooking techniques and Canadian market cuisine to excite your senses and tempt your palate. Catering... from the HIP allows you to entertain lavishly in the comfort of your own home. Without leaving your dining room, you and your lucky guests are led on a "gourmet expedition'.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private loft balcony can accommodate up to 80 people for an elegant sit down dinner. The loft offers it's own private bar, dance floor and a beautiful view of the restaurant below. At ten we can customize any menu for you.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Williams 905-271-0016
- Entertainment: Live smooth jazz featuring Chris Smith every Tuesday from 9:00pm~midnight. Wednesday night enjoy live duo's coupled with our feature steak night menu. Thursday~Saturday nights enjoy our in house live DJ spinning the best in top 40's, 80's & 90's dance music.
- Cross Street: Hurontario (Hwy 10) and Lakeshore Road
- Public Transit: Ten is locate on the GO transit train line just 2 blocks South of the Port Credit stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ten is proud to offer complimentary parking in either our street level lot or our underground garage. Parking is located in the green P parking lot off of Port Street (one street South of Lakeshore)
A word from Ten Restaurant & Wine Bar
The Distinctive decor, opulent atmosphere and meticulous service of TEN restaurant and wine bar is sure to WOW you. Dine, Dance & Romance at one of Mississauga's Hot Spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ten Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bad and slow serviceJms9VIPDined on 10/6/2014We liked the ambiance when we get to the restaurant. Our waiter was kind of cold and not too nice. It took forever to take care of us and he was not friendly at all when we asked for recommendations for wine and food. We ordered some salads, all came full of onions which was not indicated in the menu description. We hate onions unfortunately for the salad. Also, it supposed to be a quinoa salad that barely has little splash of quinoa so you can barely see it either tasted. Quite disappointed place. I will never come back there.Special Features:
- not a fanmdssDined on 10/6/2014Disappointing. We were there for almost 2.5 hours for just dinner. No appetizers, no desserts. Service was slow - couldn't find the waiter. Music was horrible...way too loud, not very good and equipment malfunction produced an awful sound.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014Ten has a very good lunch menu and a nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- JayneDined on 9/8/2014Had a great time. Food was excellent. All 3 of us had the steak and fries.....fabulous fries! Really liked the Monday wine deal. 1/2 price bottles and you can take home what you don't finish! BONUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightMissFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding service and attention from our server. Beautiful clean presentation of the dishes. Delicious flavorful. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable at Ten4girlsDined on 9/4/2014Ten has a great patio, very reasonable lunch menu (dinner specials and drink specials as well), and is a neighborhood favorite! The staff are friendly and efficient too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant was almost empty, however the service was slow and not very friendly
- Great spotHungrygakVIPDined on 7/12/2014I would definitely go back and want to thank the Management for their actions. Everything was great except for the family with 3 little kids that let the restaurant staff monitor their kids running wild. It's not a place for children and was shocked to see the lack of responsibility by some parents. The staff asked them to not let the kids run wild but the parents did not seem to listen. I know it was an abnormal situation and the staff had great patience. Unfortunately it did put a damper on our evening. The food was great and the atmosphere on any other night would have been quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic, but...torontodanDined on 7/3/2014We were stuck in a back corner table where the server seemed to forget about us a few times, and from that location it was impossible to flag her down. Waiting for the bill, and then for her to come back for the credit card took forever. The table for two was also awkwardly constructed, requiring sliding in and out along a bench, so it had all the disadvantages of a booth, without the cozy feeling of a regular booth. The food was really good, but with so many options not sure we'd go back there.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Ten Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Good food and servicemizu25Dined on 6/20/2014My date and I had an excellent dinner here the other night. I had heard service was not that fast, but it was very efficient on the Friday night we were here. The food was good; no complaints.Special Features:
- Not a great experience overallMichaelVIPDined on 6/15/2014Started off with the hostess disappearing to look for patio seats for a couple and disappearing again upon returning, until a waitress noticed us waiting. The food took quite long to arrive (waited 45 minutes between appetizer and main course) and wasn't very good: - Caesar salad was limp, with polenta croutons that were mushy. - If you're going to use arugula to garnish (fresh out of the fryer) fish and chips, you need to serve that quick - wilted arugula is not appetizing. - Asked for no hot sauce on fish taco order, returned, but by the time another came out, the group had already finished. - Creme brulee had a chocolate cookie that tasted store bought, the actual dessert wasn't executed properly, with an unpleasant grainy texture.Special Features:
- Great ambienceTanyaVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food was good here. I loved the patio and would go back. The decor of the restaurant was also very beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunch date sans kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014We had a rare opportunity to grab some lunch without the kids and the restaurant came through with the perfect refuge. Our server was pleasantly friendly and helpful to suggest menu options. The meals were delivered in a timely manner and the beverages came to us with the same cadence. We did not feel rushed at any point even though he began to get busy. A return date for dinner will be on our agenda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quick bite!psyc274VIPDined on 5/17/2014My cousin and I came to this restaurant based on it's availability on OpenTable. We were pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back! The Caesar salad was excellent! We had a movie time to catch, but the server was able to meet our needs and serve us quickly despite being very busy. I would rate this place a solid 9/10.Special Features:
- Not Saturday nightsJaeDMVIPDined on 5/3/2014While our evening started our well at 6:30, within an hour the place was humming. Larger groups made the place very loud. While the food was very good, the service suffered as the evening wore on. Coffee that was ordered with the deserts never did arrive but the deserts were quite qood. I'd be willing to try this place again but NOT on a Saturday night. I`m assuming that other nights would be less hectic and not so loud that one couldn`t be heard across a table.Special Features:
- Bad Night at 10 RestaurantMikeDined on 4/12/2014We have dined at 10 before and had a great experience. Unfortunately we booked a reservation on Saturday night, and were seated next to a large group, who proceeded to sit at the end of their table, compromising our dining space. One of the ladies had her arm practically in our meals. Our server did not take the initiative to ask the party to move, and the individual didn't feel any awkwardness with the situation. Will book during the week, but Saturday's are out......Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereMrMustafaDined on 4/4/2014The ambiance is good. Had a dinner date and we were seated next to the window in a private and comfortable location. The food was of good quality. Staff was friendly and attentive. They need some additional vegetarian options as everything seemed to come with pork. I am not a strictly a vegetarian but would prefer some non meat sourced proteins. Great wine list. I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent calamari!bab1Dined on 2/24/2014Our waitress guaranteed us we would love the calamari and that we'd compare all future calamari to this one. She was right. My friend and I went early on a Monday evening chatting and snacking for several hours on the appetizers. The mushroom and artichoke flatbread was also excellent as was the iceberg wedge. Very generous portions for sharing. The house wine was perfect as we did not want to drink too much because we were both driving. You pay by the ounce and they have 9 oz., 6 oz. and 3 oz. sizes available. Next time we'll bring a DD so we can try some of the bottled wines.Special Features:
- Won't be coming back.brandcVIPDined on 2/1/2014Fourth time in a year we have dined here but did not enjoy this experience. The always cool reception I find off-putting. There were four people at the desk just standing and staring at me blankly--no greeting or welcome or even a smile. I was told that since I booked online that we would have to choose a seat in the bar area because the restaurant was busy (?) The hostess, perhaps sensing my displeasure, found us a seat in the dining room. We were seated beside a table with a woman who cursed like a sailor during our entire meal (of course, not the restaurant's fault). The ten-grain spaghetti was tasty but the round zucchini could have been cut smaller (not just in half). Salmon good, veggies overcooked. Service by Justyna good.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterBTVCDined on 1/31/2014TEN was always a great place to dine, but since owner Brian has focused his attention on this Port Credit gem, the menu, the service and the ambiance has taken off. If you liked On The Curve and West 50 when Brian owned them, you'll continue to love TEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent ambiancetable42Dined on 10/4/2013I have met friends here many times for drinks after work and we always take the opportunity to order a number of half price appetizers (up until 6 p.m.) Try the lobster rolls, calamari and flatbread (to name a few). They are among the best I have had anywhere. This time 4 of us met for Saturday night dinner. The dining area is comfortable, cozy and relaxing, service was excellent and we all enjoyed our food. Try the Salad with Beef Tenderloin Tips as a main. It was awesome! If you want an after dinner nightcap, try the main or upstairs bars where you can listen to a live singer or dance the night away to DJ music (check out schedule). Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the look, style, energyFineDiningConnoisseurDined on 9/13/2013I loved the look, style, energy level and ambiance of Ten Restaurant. The staff members are friendly and attentive and most of all the food is amazing, from the entrée to the desert, you can't go wrong, everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs more attentionGroup8Dined on 9/13/2013The vegetables were raw, not cooked at all but portion sizes were good. The service was average and the music was good. We were there as a big group so we had a great girls night out. This is only my 2nd time there & the age group was a good mixture of ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place to go with friends!BdayGrlDined on 9/13/2013Great drinks, good food, slooow service, confused music...Special Features:
- Great food and servicebrandcVIPDined on 8/10/2013Other than the usual "cool" (not in a good way) reception at the front desk, everything was great. Our server, Catherine, was friendly, efficient and attentive. Spring rolls, salads and tapas plate were all delicious. Sat on the patio which was comfortable, but take note that there are lots of kids playing at the adjoining greenspace.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our dinnerbrandcVIPDined on 6/11/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dinner yet again. I've forgotten our server's name but she did an excellent job--friendly, attentive and eager to please. My husband enjoyed his pickerel, followed by the everything salad as he was still hungry. My ten-grain spaghetti was for me the perfect pasta! Lots of veggies, a little ricotta and perfectly cooked spaghetti.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal once again.brandcVIPDined on 5/25/2013My husband and I dined with friends. We all enjoyed our meals thoroughly. Amanda, our server (who we requested specifically), was excellent.Special Features:
- Horrible horrible serviceLouLouVIPDined on 5/12/2013I went to Ten for Mother's Day, and the only thing my mom enjoyed was spending several hours with everyone as a result of such poor and slow service. Although the restaurant was busy when we arrived, it was empty by the time we left so there were no excuses for the constant unattentive and slow service. When it finally arrived the food was good but half of my table's dishes arrived cold (we were a party of 6). One person ordered the special fixed menu and their dessert was delivered without even asking anyone else at the table if we wanted any dessert or coffee. But good luck finding the waiter to ask for a dessert menu for everyone else! Good food but not worth it.Special Features:
- Great meal and servicebrandcVIPDined on 5/3/2013I enjoyed the salad with grilled chicken and "crunchy things" which apparently change from time to time. This time they consisted of iceberg lettuce, walnuts and radishes. Found this salad to be sufficient for me as a main course. My husband enjoyed his pork chop. We shared the generous cheesecake which was delicious! Service was excellent. Our waitress, Amanda, is the best! She checked on us periodically to ensure we were happy and enjoying our meal.Special Features:
- Dinner menu was a little limiting.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Dinner menu was a little limiting. Although the appetizers were very good, the main course were mediocre. Service was great, our server was very attentive and had personality. The major concern was our water supply! One of the glasses of water smelled and tasted like bleach was added at some point! Pretty strong scent and not healthy I'm sure! The manager, not particularly helpful suggested it maybe from the cleaning products used for dishes, but insisted it was safe. I don't care what was said, bleach smells like bleach and for that I would never return nor recommend this restaurant ever!!
- It's all GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Overall, it was OK. The portions were very small, and I found the food to be fairly basic.Special Features:
- We were 2 couples and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013We were 2 couples and had great time. Very good service.Special Features:
- Our server kept on applogizingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/4/2013Our server kept on applogizing every time she came to our table to drop off or pick something up and we weren't sure for what. It was pretty quiet for a Monday night but other than that, excellent food as always. Ben's Memphis for dessert is out of this world - banana bread, bacon jam and peanut butter ice cream.Special Features:
- I give Ten a 10SillyDuckDined on 1/30/2013We made a reservation on open table for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. We arrive and they were greeted with a glass of champagne, lovely!!! We ordered a bottle of wine which was delicious, Wolf Blas Yellow Label. I had the beet salad which was very good, my fiancé had the Caesar salad which was also good. My parents had the spring rolls and brother had the nachos, nachos were a must try for sure! Everyone ordered the burger except me. They all raved about it, you have to add the bacon and fried egg, one of the best burgers I've tried. I had the Duckeroni which was very tasty but very rich. They ended the night with a surprise dessert for my parents. Our server was so friendly, knowledgable and very pleasant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Had a nice meal / time. CalledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Had a nice meal / time. Called for a reservation, and the gentleman answering the phone told me they were booked solid - no tables what so ever! We went to "Open Table", and there were openings all evening long. When we got there [and left], the place was two thirds empty. I think the guy answering the phone wanted to sound like "Ten" was more popular than it actually is.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerDeeDeeDined on 11/17/2012We really enjoyed our dinner at TEN. However, the food was very expencive for what we got. Salad was extra,bread was extra etc...all your meal included was the entree which was a very small portion compaired to The Keg (my favourite) and Caynon Creek. I was looking for a place to have dinner and dance for my friends and family on Dec 29th it's my 40th birthday. Next we are going to check out On The Curve. I'll let you know when we need to book that! Thanks DanaSpecial Features:
- $5 cover for having dinner??CojoDined on 8/24/2012The food was really good and so was the service. My only dissapoinyment was that even though we had dinner reservations, albeit late...I was charged a $5 dollar cover charged for being male and my bill was close to $200.00. Noone even offered to refund me the $5.00 cover charge policy. This is about principle!!Special Features:
- Always great food and service.GourmetVIPDined on 8/10/2012Always great food and service. Been there many times.....Special Features:
- 7 out of 10 for Ten RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2012Great discovery, after being disappointed with the drinks and appetizers at Snug Restaurant. Advice to the waiter - please don't make your first conversation with patrons "the washrooms are located ....". We actually never used the washrooms for the entire 3 hours we were there. Service is also too slow took almost 30 minutes for first order to arrive. Still, we had an enjoyable time there, and will certainly go back to Ten Restaurant next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Have been going to this restaurantRoadrunnerDined on 6/27/2012Have been going to this restaurant for awhile now and up to a year ago the menu was always being refreshed with good stables and new, exciting or seasonal additions. The new Chef really has lost innovation. It is a very limited menu with far less choice than before. After the last 4 visits, I have tried just about everything on the menu and there is little desire to go back. I hope that the restaurant stays successful as Port Credit needs restaurants like this but current management and chef has lost touch. Please wake up! It appears to be quieter than normal so maybe others see it similar to my view.Special Features: