10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: 2066913723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (19)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fun spot...AnnieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night and really enjoyed it. The appetizers were good and the salmon on special was outstanding. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, courteous wait staff, but long waits between courses. The worst was 20 minutes between clearing our appetizers and delivering our entrees. Gave ourselves 90 minutes for dinner before going to a concert and felt rushed. Kudos to the young man who kept our water glasses full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdavistoDined on 8/23/2014The staff is very attentive. Our waiter, Steve, was delightful. 10 Mercer is always our first choice when there is an event at McCaw Hall that we are attending. I had the sole and the roasted salad. Both exceptional. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the swordfish. He also had the peach dessert. Fabulous - yes, he shared.Special Features:
- Favorite New Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Just found this restaurant a few weeks ago but has quickly jumped up to the top of my list of favorite restaurants in Lower Queen Anne!Special Features:
- Ten Mercer--A Perfect NineGromDined on 8/12/2014Steps to upstairs dining area a hindrance to some, but once there the relative quiet and ample table space make for a pleasant dining experience. Panzanella salad and crab cakes are outstanding; everything is good to excellent. Portions are generous.Special Features:
- Top spot for pre-concert diningRudiDined on 8/7/2014We first tried Ten Mercer shortly after it opened years ago and have been coming back since. We've never been disappointed. At this visit I enjoyed the delicious duck breast and my partner had a well-prepared seafood/pasta dish. Service is always efficient and professional. For the first time (because of a drastic reduction in parking due to traffic rerouting around Seattle Center) we tried the valet parking. It was great! For $8 dollars you can leave your car right by Ten Mercer, dine, go to your event, return to the restaurant and pick up your keys from the bartender.Special Features:
- good foodadasawVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went early on a Tuesday night so the place was not very busy. The food was excellent and well prepared. Service was attentive without being over the top. Would definitely go back if in the neighborhood again.Special Features:
- Hit n' missRivkaDined on 8/3/2014We had a delicious dinner at Ten mercer in January, so decide to return last week. Uninspired cuisine. Best item ordered was the burger and fries.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forfamilyPTGDined on 7/29/2014Our group had diverse eating preferences and ages (teens to seniors). We wanted a place that was quiet enough for conversation at a table for 6, casual enough so grandma didn't feel out of place not wearing a skirt, and someplace that we could linger with the family. This restaurant was everything we were looking for and the food was terrific! everyone was happy with their choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back for a second mealjseattleDined on 7/18/2014I enjoyed my first meal at Ten Mercer and will return to try something else on their menu. The interior was welcoming and relaxing, especially after struggling through the traffic mess around the Seattle Center. The restaurant's location makes it a convenient place to eat before any event at the Seattle Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Service was excellent. We came for the lobster rolls as we lived in Maine for a number of years and found them to be as good as the ones there. It was a great place to come for a pretheatre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumseekerDined on 6/28/2014The food and service at 10 Mercer are always excellent, but they went the extra mile as we dined there prior to a concert. They made sure that our meal was served at a gracious speed, but with plenty of time for us to walk over to the Seattle Center in time for our event.Special Features:
- Last minute changeJessieDined on 6/28/2014They were wonderful. I had a last minute addition to my reservation and they were able to accommodate the extras in my party as well as being understanding when I was late. The food was wonderful! I tried 3 different dishes and loved them. Pan fried Sole with lemon sauce and fried caper- to die for! The drinks were reasonably priced for Seattle and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Lower Queen Anne FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014My family has Seattle Storm season tickets, and we look forward to the WNBA season so we can have frequent reason for pre-game dinners at Ten Mercer. Even if -- heaven forbid -- the Storm has a bad night, we KNOW we'll enjoy the evening because of the delicious, interesting food and unbeatable ambiance of Ten Mercer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Very disappointing. Food was mediocre and our fish started to taste a bit dated. We had reservations and when we entered they were not crowded but they offered to seat us in the balcony area. Once we got there it was obvious that we had been placed in the area for patrons who weren't dressed "properly". Maybe they had reserved the fish for that area, also. I really can't recommend Ten Mercer.
- KattDined on 6/20/2014We went before seeing a film at SIFF and were pleased that it was a "dark" night for other entertainment venues. No crowd or noise. Decor is attractive and tables are well spaced. The service was focused, professional, and non-intrusive. My rack of lamb over polenta with asparagus was excellent. The lamb was tender and grilled to perfection. My husband's beef tenderloin medallions were tasty but chewy. My only complaint is that the prices are a bit high for essentially a bistro. If they'd knock $2 - 4 off the entrees and offer some specials on wines by the glass, this would be our go-to place.Special Features:
- Great food, mixed up orderShellranDined on 6/16/2014We made reservations for my son's high school graduation dinner. I called ahead to explain that we were on a tight time schedule, so we had previewed the menu and would be placing our order right as soon as we were seated. I also pre-ordered appetizers, which were brought to our table shortly after being seated. The disappointment was that my son was looking forward to the pancetta wrapped tenderloin filet, and he was brought the pork tenderloin instead. When we asked our server, she said that the kitchen messed up, and it would take 20 minutes to re-do. They comped that meal, but it was disappointing not to receive what had been ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great ambience, loud!islandbluffDined on 6/15/2014Have eaten at 10 Mercer twice in the past year. It's been a good experience each time, but could have been a great experience. Staff is helpful and freindly, no problems there. Food is good, but could be great or outstanding if "sauced" a little less. The table of five each had different dishes, and the consensus was that the quality ingredients didn't need the strong sauces each had - a lighter touch would help. On the other hand, three members of the party tried specialty cocktails, and all were excellent, as were the appetizers. A good late-night meal at 10 Mercer might consist of just appetizers or small plates and one of their good, unusual wines. Stick with the under $40/bottle, and you'll still get character for value.Special Features:
- Close to Key ArenaSherryDined on 6/14/201410 Mercer accommodated our group of ten. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was fresh and inviting. They did rush us a bit (probably for their next reservation). Since we like to eat fast anyway, it all worked out.Special Features:
- Before the Theatrepirouette540Dined on 6/8/2014My favorite place on lower Queen Anne to get a bite before the ballet, opera or theatre. Plus the ownership and staff are consistently superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulJesterDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed our meals after watching the Rat City Rollers on Saturday night.Special Features:
- Pre Ballet dinnerKarenDined on 6/6/2014My first time here and I'm wondering why I waited so long! Excellent menu, we all had the special, Cooper River Salmon, yum! Creative cocktails, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.ochocatDined on 6/5/2014This is our go-to spot on lower Queen Anne before SIFF , the theater, basketball, etc. Wonderful 10 martinis and many small plate options. Often there are happy hour items too. Relaxed, reasonable priced. We have been going there for years and always recommend it.Special Features:
- Above and Beyond!VeekDined on 6/4/2014We were a group on a tight time schedule, during an evening with lots of similar groups on our same schedule (high school graduation nearby). Our waiter bent over backward to guide our orders in a way that would keep us on track; we could see that the whole restaurant staff was on top of things and working as a team. And the food was magnificent! The Copper River Sockeye Salmon special was greatly loved by those who ordered it, and the parmesan-crusted sole was amazing. Fantastic appetizers to open (gorgonzola/beet samosas and caesar spring rolls in prosciutto), and tasty dessert sampler with coffee to close. All 7 of us are still raving!Special Features:
- consistently terrificHappyCustomerDined on 5/31/2014A terrific restaurant. Excellent service and food. Curry mussels are fabu.Special Features:
- Well done all arounddbbbDined on 5/31/2014Four different fish dishes were all prepared very nicely and quite differently. We each enjoyed our food, and the waitress did a great job of helping each of us decide what meal we might prefer. Great beers on tap and excellent wine choices as well.Special Features:
- Hip Bar and RestaurantislandgalVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner before a key arena concert so we were early diners. Gracious waitress but our entrees came while we were still enjoying our appetizers. Our waitress apologized but not cool. The food was very good; especially the halibut. My friends thought their salmon slightly over cooked but they enjoyed it! Will return for another dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 465 reviews are from the Ten Mercer reviews archive.
- Great spot for pre theatre diningCultureloverVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is always my #1 go to spot for a nice dinner before attending events at McCaw Hall, The Rep, Films at SIFF Cinema etc. The owner supports the arts organizations around Seattle Center. they always get you out in time for your show. The food and wine selection are very good, with nice ambience and service. Also nice if you want an after-theatre meal, coffee or dessert as they are open late after the shows let out. We will often go for a coffee or wine and wait out the traffic after the opera.Special Features:
- The place to go before a showRudiDined on 5/17/2014Shortly after Ten Mercer first opened years ago we decided to try it out for dinner before an Intiman production. Since then, it's been our preferred spot for dining before the opera, Rep and other performances at Seattle Center. The menu is a nice balance between frequent favorites and daily specials. The wine list is wide-ranging and the staff is extremely knowledgeable in offering just the right suggestion for food being ordered and budget preferences. A huge plus for larger parties is that the staff will readily (and, in contrast to many places, cheerfully), separate the bill according to singles or couples. Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:
- Delicious and quiet!sashaDined on 5/14/2014Everything we ordered was abundant and delicious and was grateful finally to dine in a classy restaurant that did not have intrusive pounding music!!Special Features:
- Mother's Day at Ten MercerDTRHDined on 5/11/2014Called in a reservation on the day before Mother's day and there were plenty of openings while most restaurants were booked. They seem to have capacity for about 100+ patrons but parking scarcity in the area would keep a lid on total guest numbers. In short, my guess is that one could always score a late reservation if needed. Parking in the area is a challenge and expensive, so plan accordingly. Good food, good service, good ambience. While we didn't participate, Happy Hour prices for drinks and food seem very reasonable. Would return again some day but will look at undiscovered places first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usual!BlueAliiDined on 5/8/2014Had a delightful, delicious, well presented dinner prior to the opera.Special Features:
- Great pre-Seattle Center Choiceme4eatDined on 5/8/2014If you're attending a Seattle Center performance, Ten Mercer is a great pre-event choice. Food, Service, locale, and ambiance are just right. The menu changes sufficiently often to be interesting and offers good to very good dining; the service is attentive and respectful of the timing, and the noise level is low enough to make conversation possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always well-prepared, fresh food.GerpVIPDined on 5/8/2014We eat here several times a year and always have a good experience. The food is well-prepared and the menu features seasonal fresh items along with stand by favorites. The service is impeccable and very sensitive about making sure you make an evening event if necessary. I had the sole with a beurre blanc sauce that was a bit too rich. I would have liked a lighter sauce. The sole was breaded and "grilled" but was slightly deep-fried tasting. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wagner would love itShotGun1852VIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food, atmosphere, and location. Waiters at the bar are the best. Perfect pre opera dining. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful pre-play dining !winingndiningDined on 4/27/2014The lamb with polenta cakes and asparagus was a gem ! The lamb was cooked to tender perfection, with a peppery crust - no added seasoning needed. My husband had mussels in a curry broth as his entree and said they were some of the best he has ever had ! The staff were all good-humored, even on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealJohnDined on 4/25/2014I keep coming back to Ten Mercer, and why not? Always great service terrific food. Whether you're looking for a full meal or some bar food, or a light dinner of amazing small plates, they have it all. and it's perfectly located for pre-function dining before a show, within walking distance of theatres, ballet, opera.Special Features:
- dine before King LeardinebeforeSeattleViceDined on 4/23/2014great location for before theatre they pay attention to the time to allow you to relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had potential but wasn't a wowFrequentdinerDined on 4/10/2014I guess you think when you are doing one of those fixe pris menus that they chef will push the envelope in taste and flavor. Food was fine (the stuffed figs were the best of the night) but none of it rock the price.
- Ten Mercer impressed us againCamila11Dined on 4/10/2014Wonderful food in a calm, peaceful atmosphere. I especially appreciate the great help I get with food allergen avoidance.Special Features: