10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: (206) 691-3723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (30)romantic (19)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (17)late-night find (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- The personal,informed, efficientOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2008The personal,informed, efficient and friendly service is outstanding. The food is delicious, present in an artistic fashion and of a style and quality of the very best restaurants. It is truly a find and I have suggested it on many occasions. I have always been the invited one to Ten Mercer, this time I was the planner and will be so many more times in the future.Special Features:
- Handy and always a first choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Handy and always a first choice pre-opera or plays. Appreciate their participation in opera season benefits program and certifcates with Book-It subscriptions.Special Features:
- As a vegetarian, I would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008As a vegetarian, I would have like to have seen a vegetarian entree offered. I ordered the grilled romaine salad, and then the chantrella and goat cheese pizza, which was very good, but would have appreciated a true dinner option. The other person in my party enjoyed her meal very much, as well. Our server was very accommodating and attentive. The hard wood chairs were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I won't find myself in a position to sit in one again.Special Features:
- Perfect for before Opera-TheaterStuartWDined on 7/19/2008Perfect for before Opera-Theater - Ballet or other performances in the Seattle Center area. JJ, our server, was great!Special Features:
- The food is very good andMarileeDined on 7/18/2008The food is very good and although the menu is small, it is more than enough to appeal to anyone. The duck breast is superb as was the steak. A long time favorite restaurant that still provides excellent food and service.Special Features:
- What a great find, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008What a great find, particularly if you have an event at the Seattle Center. Fabulous food and excellent service. Thanks Ten Mercer for a lovely evening.
- Lovely restaurant on Queen3quentdinerDined on 7/12/2008Lovely restaurant on Queen Anne Hill. It's a neighborhood restaurant. Food is quite good.Special Features:
- Terrible service!! SlowerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2008Terrible service!! Slower than slow and we felt completely ignored. Appetizers were good--salads were blah.
- Great location near SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008Great location near Seattle Center. I eat there often. Adequate menu for diverse groups eating together. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- A great place for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008A great place for dinner before a concert or the theater. A great variety on the menu and the food was excellent (rack of lamb special was superb). Service was great yet unobtrusive.Special Features:
- The food was excellent theDrKoobVIPDined on 6/28/2008The food was excellent the restaurant was wonderful in dealing with the fact that four of the six of us were 30 minutes late and we had concert tickets at 8:00. Our incredible waitress got our food (including salads) quick and we made the concert with 5 minutes to spare.Special Features:
- Menu choices were excellent,SlowyeagDined on 6/28/2008Menu choices were excellent, service was excellent. One item of note-we are leisurely dinners and dislike restaurants that try to "push" us through to turn the table. 10 Mercer was just the opposite. We were allowed to almost finish our cocktail before ordering, the courses came at a good pace and I know spending 2 full hours at a dining table would drive most restaurants crazy but we were able to truly enjoy the start of evening on our way to the theater despite the dining room being full on both levels. I would highly recommend 10 Mercer and plan to visit it agin!Special Features:
- Ten Mercer can be inconsistent.RuntoEatVIPDined on 6/20/2008Ten Mercer can be inconsistent. Eveything was just great on this visit. The flourless chocolate cake, which I had no intention of ordering until seeing it arrive at another table, was sublime.Special Features:
- i liked our server..the porkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2008i liked our server..the pork was nice..i dont eat pork but this was tender with the apple horseradish sauce..and the washington chicken was amazing!! thanks again ill be back sooner than later salina
- Do not pass the Black CodVeteranDined on 6/5/2008Do not pass the Black Cod - unbelievable flavors and textures!Special Features:
- Our dinner was enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2008Our dinner was enjoyable. Our table was ready when we arrived, and the server ame to our table promptly. The food was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We were surprised by thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2008We were surprised by this restaurant as we had not heard of it. We chose it because it is close to the Ballet. The food was good, the atmosphere good and the service great. We will be back.Special Features:
- We were disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2008We were disappointed that with a reservation we were still seated in the bar. This certainly impacted our dining experience and didn't make us feel like we given the full Ten Mercer experience. If there were no tables available upstairs, we would have preferred that you had said that you were fully booked.
- The experience was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008The experience was great! We had asked to have our food come out at a slower pace and they did a fabulous job at executing our entire meal. The food was great. I was worried when my Filet came out and looked a bit overdone, but the flavor and tenderness was perfect.Special Features:
- Usually love this place, butcharlieVIPDined on 5/17/2008Usually love this place, but it was "off" on Saturday. We got stuck at an unpleasant table beside a service staging area. The iced tea I ordered was horribly bitter. I asked for a glass of ice and a pot of breweed tea instead, and the waiter brought me a pot of Earl Grey! Earl Grey is not appropriate for iced tea. I apologetically asked for another kind of black tea. He claimed there was no other. The dessert menu, presented later, listed at least 4. This is a small point, and we do love this place, and will go back. Usually we order bar drinks (the wine by the glass list is fairly dreadful) which are lovely. But it would be nice if they would also accomodate someone not able to drink alcohol on a particular occasion.Special Features:
- My wife and I have dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008My wife and I have dinner at Ten Mercer whenever we go to the opera - we make the trip a couple of times a year for that purpose. Fine place
- Wonderful place, especiallyRWDinerVIPDined on 5/14/2008Wonderful place, especially for a pre-theater meal. Food is excellent and served efficiently and with professionalism. You can have a quick meal or a slow meal, whichever you prefer! A real gem.Special Features:
- Very nice place to have aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2008Very nice place to have a relaxed dinner. Good hors d'oeurvres and salads, I have reservations about some of the entrees.Special Features:
- Great for dinner prior tonortherngalVIPDined on 5/3/2008Great for dinner prior to events at the Seattle Center area. Good menu choice so there is something for everyone. Other area restaurants may be better but have limited food choices, maybe 4-5 entrees only. Service was good in the past but we had a grumpy, unfriendly server this time.
- I have consistently had aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2008I have consistently had a great dining experience at Ten Mercer whenever I have attended the ballet. Love to come downtown early, grab a park spot, order a 10 Mercer martini, have a leisurely well-prepared meal, coffee (maybe dessert), and walk to McCaw Hall. Been there all hours of the day ever since they opened for a table for 2 with my best friend or a table for 8 with family. A place that enjoys the rare opportunity for diners to be romantic and left alone, or to enjoy conversation with neighboring diners. One night I even observed a couple sharing what appeared to be a whole fish with a neighboring table of two couples. One other reason: a great vent system so you don't "wear" your meal when you leave: important at a "theatre setting."Special Features:
- If you can get a seat overlookingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008If you can get a seat overlooking mercer (especially upstairs), it's a great place to take a dateSpecial Features:
- Always fine. Our wait person,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/17/2008Always fine. Our wait person, Kelly????, was outstanding. Regular visits are part of our Seattle Center arts life. mwhSpecial Features:
- The waitstaff was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008The waitstaff was great! We didn't have any wine with our meal, but the table behind us was a lady who couldn't remember which wine she had had the time before that she liked. The server was more than happy to pour her samples of the two wines she was deciding between and brought them to her so she could try them both. That was real service!!!Special Features:
- great for dining before andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008great for dining before and after events at Seattle CenterSpecial Features:
- Service is always well aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2008Service is always well above "very good" and will accomodate almost any request.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2008The restaurant was very busy but the service was still good. The food arrived promptly as they knew we were going to the theater. My other visits have been better especially my daughter's rehearsal dinner which was wonderful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Brian was instramental inOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/8/2008Brian was instramental in providing a birthday cake. His service was world class. However, our orders got behind a group and caused a rather long night. Overall a pleasant experience. Thanks especially to Brian.
- One of our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2008One of our favorite restaurants in Seattle. The service is AMAZING.Special Features:
- I always go to Ten when there'sfoodyVIPDined on 4/2/2008I always go to Ten when there's an event at Seattle Center. Brian the owner and host make my visits great.Special Features:
- Asked waitress if chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/26/2008Asked waitress if chicken skewer was white meat. She assured me it was. It wasn't. Bill read"Thigh ...." Owner? Mnager? was charming and offered a comp dessert. Nice way to handle it. BUT, staff should know white meat from dark meat! We will be back....gotta use the dessert card! AND, we would be back, anyway! milt hamlin
- A decent choice for pre-theaterGWilliamsVIPDined on 3/22/2008A decent choice for pre-theater meals. However, food was definitely a disappointment. A new chef, perhaps? In any event, the quality and preparation of their meals was previously of much better quality.Special Features:
- Fun location, nice atmosphere...greOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008Fun location, nice atmosphere...great service...delicious food!Special Features:
- We've eaten at Ten MercerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008We've eaten at Ten Mercer often. Really like the round table by the bar. Food was good, but not quite up to the usual this night. Still good though.Special Features:
- I so wish Ten Mercer's foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008I so wish Ten Mercer's food was better. I like the space. When attending an event at Seattle Center, the location can't be beat. But the food is so mediocre. I had the pasta with shrimp. The shrimp were incredibly over-cooked and the pasta itself wasn't salty enough. And this review isn't based on just one meal. The food is consistently... just barely good enough. Please, please, please improve your kitchen.Special Features:
- Always a good choice whenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2008Always a good choice when attending Seattle Center cultural events.