10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: (206) 691-3723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (27)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Dine Around Seattle - First visitILoveFoodDined on 11/17/2014Pleasantly impressed with the whole experience. Service was attentive. Recommendation for wine to pair with dinner choices was spot on. The food - FANTASTIC. Off of the Dine Around Seattle menu, I started with the stuffed eggplant, cooked to perfection. Followed by the Trout which was one of the tastiest dishes I've had (not simple by any means). Trout on top of a potato scramble, with green beans and a sauce that I wanted an extra bowl of, just so I could eat with everything. Recommended dessert was a custard that was spot on to end the evening. Not too sweet, but satisfied the sweet tooth. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lamb shanks & desserts!patronVIPDined on 11/16/2014We had a nice family dinner. Our server was excellent. My lamb shanks were fall-off-the-bone awesome. The fish special (opah) was dry; possibly previously frozen. Desserts were very good sized portions. The chocolate torte was huge.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable mealIronMaidenVIPDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I had another pre-performance here, and, again, it was enjoyable. The waitstaff, especially Jeff, was friendly and knowledgable about the dishes and wines. We were greeted, too, by the manager, Brian. I had the mixed green salad with a side of puréed cauliflower; both were tasty, but I had to add some salt (sorry, chef). My husband had the smoked pork tenderloin, which was excellent. Our wines, a merlot from Chateau St. Michelle, and a new D2 from DeLille were also very good. No room for dessert, but I hear they have a sampler plate. Next time!! Brian also plays a great selection of jazz...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceriddle2Dined on 11/13/2014We reserved a table for 4, at the last minute it was 5. The hostess was very accommodating and found us a great table. We had superior service and everyone at the table was very pleased with their food and drinks. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of lower Queen AnneGoldieDined on 11/13/2014Nice range of interesting cocktails and dependably delicious and well prepared food. Their burger is outstanding - if you like this type of thing... make a reservation as it gets the theater crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingsuzellaVIPDined on 11/12/2014We've always had a wonderful meal here. The menu is innovative and varied and a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS RELIABLE4eatsDined on 11/8/2014Ten Mercer's standard menu has plenty of variety and unusual new dishes. Their specials are also worth trying. I always feel I have a delicious meal at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good and efficientJoelGrantDined on 11/1/2014I like to go to Ten Mercer before the opera. The staff are very aware of patrons' need to be on their way in good time and the efficiency of the service shows. The food is good and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old Favorite continues to PleaseMWWWDined on 10/30/2014This is my go to restaurant when attending the Rep or other activities on Lower Queen Anne. The food is excellent and they always keep it interesting with new entries and a special entree. Valet parking next door takes care of the hassle of finding a place to park for the event and speeds up getting out after. You can't go wrong here for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great Value for pre-theatreArtwitDined on 10/30/2014All three courses in the $30 special were outstanding, and new for me: stuffed eggplant rolls, boar & venison stew, chocolate-hazelnut cake with sugar caramel. Service was prompt, as we had a play and pre-play talk at Seattle Center.Special Features:
- Great restaurantCSSeattleVIPDined on 10/29/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Food, menu, wines and service are all excellent. Close to the Opera and plays. Brian Curry is a great restaurateur.Special Features:
- Above Average Food and ServiceGus3Dined on 10/23/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant for a number of years. Their service and food are consistently above average. It may be time for a "refresh" of the interior, but it's still enjoyable!Special Features:
- Consistently Tasty DinnerGlamgrrlDined on 10/22/2014Again we tried Restuarant Week dining and Ten Mercer steps up. The choices were diverse, interesting and tasty. Seared scallops, wild boar ragu or steelhead stuffed with crab among the choices. How can you go wrong. There was a pasta dish and mushroom risotto too that I can remember. We had wine, salad and dessert. IF you haven't tried Ten Mercer, put it on your list. Reservations recommended. Also, the staff works to meet your schedule (opera attendees), wine choices and make you feel welcome. Very professional.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Servicce!ChaChaDined on 10/21/2014A friend and I went for restaurant week and the food was delicous. We shared a bottle of wine and that was equally amazing. The Manager was very friendly, helpful as was the staff. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemCinderella28Dined on 10/21/2014If you live in the Queen Anne area, visit Ten Mercer. Or if you don't, visit Ten Mercer. For us 'locals' it had been several years between visits, but with our last visit won't be that long again. Went for Restaurant Week just to reacquaint ourselves with the place. My husband ordered from main menu and raved about his grilled salad and pork loin. I ordered from special restaurant week menu. Eggplant appetizer, stuffed salmon and profiteroles were excellent. Our drinks drove the price up, but so what the service was great, was wonderful sitting upstairs and to top it off we had a short walk home. Rediscover Ten Mercer if you haven't been for awhile.Special Features:
- gridirongirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014It was a fair experience but with all the choices in the neighborhood we probably won't return. The waiter had time to chat with other tables but not refill our drink or check on our food. We ate here last year and had a better experience.Special Features:
- Not so good...BarbaraDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Ten Mercer pre theater many times and have really liked it. But it seems to have changed. The salad, the Ten Mercer one, was OLD, limp and warm, and the wine list seems to have lost the reasonably priced bottles. We'll try again someday, but not for awhile.
- Prefunction GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Ten Mercer has always provided a delicious meal--some of the best dishes in the city! The staff is very friendly and aware you have play or ballet to attend--service is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always make a point to dine here.Balletgoer1Dined on 10/4/2014This is a local Seattle gem that we visit every time we're in town. Great for pre-theatre dining, just blocks from the Seattle Center. Wonderful food, attentive wait staff, marvelous ambiance.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Thought this restaurant was more of a dining destination, but as it turns out I left it is really more just a stopping point to grab a bite to eat before hitting a nearby show. Food was fine, would probably go there again, but next time I won't be expecting something special.
- Close but Not QuiteNWPescaDined on 10/2/2014Ambiance was nice but the lighting was so bad that it was hard to read menus, which made dining with friends awkward as we had to pullout our cell phones for light. Food selections were interesting and quite good. The oysters and mussels were delicious, as was the house salad, but the scallops seemed undercooked and the roasted peach dessert featured a mushy peach. The server was sufficiently attentive but seemed impatient with questions about preparation. Then when he tried to pass off the mealy peach as just part of the preparation it seemed derogatory, though he took it, reluctantly, telling us that everyone else had loved it. So, while the evening could have been quite good, there were just enough hiccups to make it fall flat.Special Features:
- The whole experience was Average.heidiDined on 9/27/2014We went there for dinner before a concert and the whole experience was just average: food, service, ambiance. I wouldn't jump at the chance to go back there, but I wouldn't take it off of my list completely. It is convenient, service was acceptable and the food was average (nothing was wrong with the food, but nothing was exciting about it either), so I would go again if that was our only option before a concert. And they do take reservations which is a plus in that area.Special Features:
- Ten Mercer Delivers!gts1VIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to Ten Mercer a few times. Mostly before concerts at Key Arena. The food is very good, the drinks are good and so is the service. No complaints. I plan to return in a couple of months before my next concert. Ten Mercer is one of the best restaurants in the area near Key Arena.Special Features:
- Always a pleasuretahuyaDDined on 9/27/2014We always choose 10 Mercer whenever we are going to be in the area. We don't live in Seattle, but when we go to an event nearby, we choose this gem. The food is delightful, and changes with the seasons. The service and the wine are great, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outDonnaVIPDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I enjoyed a mid week dinner here in our Queen Anne neighborhood. Food was very good and well presented and service was excellent. Enjoyed eating upstairs by window. LOVED the Chilled Cucumber soup for a starter. We haven't eaten here in awhile and will make sure we come back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPittsburghFoodiesDined on 9/15/2014We were unfamiliar with the Seattle area -- this was close to the hotel, so we decided to try it! Restaurant exceeded our expectations. Service (Jeff) was impeccible and the food was noteworthy! If we ever come back to visit Seattle again, we will definitely eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot...AnnieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night and really enjoyed it. The appetizers were good and the salmon on special was outstanding. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service.Got2goDined on 9/12/2014Great food, courteous wait staff, but long waits between courses. The worst was 20 minutes between clearing our appetizers and delivering our entrees. Gave ourselves 90 minutes for dinner before going to a concert and felt rushed. Kudos to the young man who kept our water glasses full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdavistoDined on 8/23/2014The staff is very attentive. Our waiter, Steve, was delightful. 10 Mercer is always our first choice when there is an event at McCaw Hall that we are attending. I had the sole and the roasted salad. Both exceptional. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the swordfish. He also had the peach dessert. Fabulous - yes, he shared.Special Features:
- Favorite New Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Just found this restaurant a few weeks ago but has quickly jumped up to the top of my list of favorite restaurants in Lower Queen Anne!Special Features:
- Ten Mercer--A Perfect NineGromDined on 8/12/2014Steps to upstairs dining area a hindrance to some, but once there the relative quiet and ample table space make for a pleasant dining experience. Panzanella salad and crab cakes are outstanding; everything is good to excellent. Portions are generous.Special Features:
- Top spot for pre-concert diningRudiDined on 8/7/2014We first tried Ten Mercer shortly after it opened years ago and have been coming back since. We've never been disappointed. At this visit I enjoyed the delicious duck breast and my partner had a well-prepared seafood/pasta dish. Service is always efficient and professional. For the first time (because of a drastic reduction in parking due to traffic rerouting around Seattle Center) we tried the valet parking. It was great! For $8 dollars you can leave your car right by Ten Mercer, dine, go to your event, return to the restaurant and pick up your keys from the bartender.Special Features:
- good foodadasawVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went early on a Tuesday night so the place was not very busy. The food was excellent and well prepared. Service was attentive without being over the top. Would definitely go back if in the neighborhood again.Special Features:
- Hit n' missRivkaDined on 8/3/2014We had a delicious dinner at Ten mercer in January, so decide to return last week. Uninspired cuisine. Best item ordered was the burger and fries.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forfamilyPTGDined on 7/29/2014Our group had diverse eating preferences and ages (teens to seniors). We wanted a place that was quiet enough for conversation at a table for 6, casual enough so grandma didn't feel out of place not wearing a skirt, and someplace that we could linger with the family. This restaurant was everything we were looking for and the food was terrific! everyone was happy with their choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 483 reviews are from the Ten Mercer reviews archive.
- Will come back for a second mealjseattleDined on 7/18/2014I enjoyed my first meal at Ten Mercer and will return to try something else on their menu. The interior was welcoming and relaxing, especially after struggling through the traffic mess around the Seattle Center. The restaurant's location makes it a convenient place to eat before any event at the Seattle Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Service was excellent. We came for the lobster rolls as we lived in Maine for a number of years and found them to be as good as the ones there. It was a great place to come for a pretheatre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumseekerDined on 6/28/2014The food and service at 10 Mercer are always excellent, but they went the extra mile as we dined there prior to a concert. They made sure that our meal was served at a gracious speed, but with plenty of time for us to walk over to the Seattle Center in time for our event.Special Features:
- Last minute changeJessieDined on 6/28/2014They were wonderful. I had a last minute addition to my reservation and they were able to accommodate the extras in my party as well as being understanding when I was late. The food was wonderful! I tried 3 different dishes and loved them. Pan fried Sole with lemon sauce and fried caper- to die for! The drinks were reasonably priced for Seattle and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Lower Queen Anne FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014My family has Seattle Storm season tickets, and we look forward to the WNBA season so we can have frequent reason for pre-game dinners at Ten Mercer. Even if -- heaven forbid -- the Storm has a bad night, we KNOW we'll enjoy the evening because of the delicious, interesting food and unbeatable ambiance of Ten Mercer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.