TEN at the Eldridge
The Eldridge Hotel
Lawrence, KS 66044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TEN at the Eldridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eldridgehotel.com/
- Phone: 7857491005
- Hours of Operation:
TEN Restaurant Hours Sunday 7am- 2pm; 5pm- 9pm Monday – Wednesday 7am- 2pm; 5pm- 10pm Thursday – Saturday 7am- 2pm; 5pm- 11pm Breakfast Hours: Monday – Saturday 7am- 11pm Sunday Breakfast 7am- 10:30am Sunday Brunch 10:30am- 2pm Lunch Hours: Monday – Saturday 11am to 2pm Dinner Hours: Monday – Wednesday 5pm- 10pm Thursday – Saturday 5pm- 11pm Sunday 5pm- 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Schneekloth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: TEN at the Edridge offers 4 private rooms: All American Room, Crystal Ballroom, Big 6 Room, Conference Room. We also have three private rooms at the Eldridge Extended.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Robinson 7857491005
- Entertainment: Monthly Jazz Night: First Wednesday of Every Month! 25% off bottles of wine!
- Special Events: TEN and the Jayhawker host special events such as monthly wine tastings, quarterly wine dinners, and holiday events. Please check our website at www.eldridgehotel.com for up coming events!
A word from TEN at the Eldridge
TEN Restaurant & The Jayhawker Bar are located in the heart of beautiful downtown Lawrence, residing in the historic Eldridge Hotel, itself known for its superior service & decor. TEN features a spectacular awarding winning wine list & a contemporary American menu, featuring Kansas City hand cut steaks, daily fish specials & enticing pasta dishes. Let our remarkable service & exquisite menu provide you with a memorable dining experience. The full TEN menu can also be enjoyed in the Jayhawker Bar while taking in one of our featured martinis. We offer private dining rooms & banquet facilities for your next family or corporate event. Online reservations are valid in both the TEN Restaurant & The Jayhawker Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TEN at the Eldridge - Best Restaurants in Lawrence ›
TEN at the Eldridge reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice restaurant with ambienceJimHDined on 10/9/2014Very active bar scene with a separate dining room. Located in an historic hotel. Food and service were excellent and prices reasonable. Would go there again when opportunity presents itself as we live 35 miles away.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchfannydunkerVIPDined on 10/5/2014The brunch is nice with a wide array of offerings but a little light on fruit and veggies, plenty of meat and potatoes. Midwestern comfort food in a nice historic building. Decor is a slightly tatty.Special Features:
- Some wows!CJCbostonVIPDined on 9/26/2014First off - very strong wine list - perhaps the best in Lawrence of the places we found. And decent prices as well. Second - the filet mignon I had was one of best I've had - soft and flavorful like Kobe. A couple of minor flaws - like it took a while for everything to arrive though the waiter kept us informed of the delays. And the room has a historic feel - but perhaps also a dated feel. Certainly worth a dinner when there.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!KCsgirlDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed a delicious meal in a classy atmosphere. Not overly stuffy.. Just right! Service was excellent as well. I would recommend TEN to anyone seeking a scrumptious meal in a relaxed, casual atmosphere. A total 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one suggestionTerryDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. The service was very good. For some reason the room seemed very noisy with two major sources of distraction: 1. A really loud TV etc was coming into the room from the hall (I assume it was from the bar.). Very distracting. 2. The conversations at other tables were loud (The room was full on a Friday evening.) and made one raise one's voice to be heard, which probably everyone was doing. An acoustical treatment to the walls or ceiling would be extremely beneficial. The noise does not seem to be a problem when the room is half full or less. My overall rating would have been the highest if not for the noise level. This is a very good restaurant with a very reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food at Ten is always wonderful and reasonably priced. Likely the best in Lawrence.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Brunch in LawrenceFoodieDined on 9/7/2014I took out-of-town guests to Ten at The Eldridge for Brunch to start our "tour" of historic Lawrence and the KU campus. They were blown away! Said they never imagined they would enjoy the experience anywhere close to as much as they did. They raved about the food: the selection of items on the buffet, the quality and freshness of the food; the atmosphere of the restaurant, the beauty of the hotel lobby, and the attention and service of the staff. I had dined here before and already had experienced Ten. I will always return to Ten for Sunday Brunch. It is the best in Lawrence. My guests also enjoyed learning about the history of The Eldridge. What a great way to start our "tour."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014A friend of mine and I went here for Sunday brunch recently and were blown away. The buffet is well stocked and the food is very good and fresh. They have unlimited shrimp cocktails, so the place made no money off of us. The fee included a drink (mimosa or coffee), and they offer a 10% discount to KU students. Definitely going back. Also a great place to take your parents.Special Features:
- A little disappointingKCKenDined on 8/23/2014Great ambience. Great service. Great view of the Busker passers-by. Filet mignon was over done. Overall impression was that the food has slipped from the last time we were here. I hope they bring it back - it's a great place overall.Special Features:
- wonderfulacoovertDined on 8/2/2014First time visit, good food, great service. Lovely older building. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationcarphiDined on 7/20/2014We all very much enjoyed our dinner. The food was delicious, the service was great and I really like the interior of this historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerJayhawkDinerDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant was very quiet on a Sunday evening which made for the perfect romantic dinner. The food was outstanding, prepared exactly as ordered and arrived at the right temperature. Our server recommended an excellent wine form the very notable and award-wining wine list. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014My experience at Ten was fantastic. I was here on business travel with a co-worker, so we spilit both an appetizer and a dessert and both had entrees and drinks. Everything was fantastic and the customer service was phenomonal. I would highly recommend Ten to anyone who finds themselves in Lawrence, KS.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the TEN at the Eldridge reviews archive.
- Good, not exceptionalJnellyDined on 6/9/2014Ate here on a Monday night, not crowded, service very good. Food although good-definately not great. Desserts were bad-cremebrulee burnt and apple pie rather tasteless. With the pricing I expected steakhouse quality-it doesn't compare to any of the big steakhouses. No drinks, no appetisers, daughter got a pasta dish and bill with tip $100. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent bar & Sunday Brunch!dallasaliVIPDined on 5/18/2014We love Sunday Brunch at The Eldridge Hotel. The food is always fantastic - prime rib station, omelet and waffle stations, etc. The service is always wonderful, too. Great bar scene with college students and alumni. Excellent chocolate martinis!Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day dinnerSandeeDined on 5/11/2014Twp us wanted fish. They had two servings of Mahi Mahi so I said save one for me and my daughter had the salmon which was also good. The others also enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014Staff is always friendly. Food is usually OK or worse, but the dish I had for this breakfast meeting was very good.Special Features:
- TEN deserves a 10ChuckJDined on 4/26/2014I've dined at thousands of restaurants - I sued to write a restaurant review column for one of those lifestyle magazines. This place is one of the best - great looking room, excellent service, great food.Special Features:
- Just So soTDPMDined on 4/24/2014We were looking forward to a quiet, enjoyable dinner after a day of travel. The food was food service quality. Nothing appeared to be freshly prepared by a knowledgable chef. Our waitress was pleasant however the courses were served in a rushed manner. This dinner for 2 was certainly not worth the $100 it cost.
- Great Find in a college townMOBIDined on 3/29/2014Suprised to find this little boutique restaurant in a historic hotel in Lawrence Kansas where there are many bar food type places along with fast food chains. Service was outstanding, wine list ample and the food variety, quality & taste were great. We will go back whenever we are in Lawrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Brunch!luvtheplazaDined on 3/9/2014We went for Sunday Brunch buffet. A good selection of food. We had a great server and very timely service. Fun location with the business of Mass street and a beautiful historic hotel setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverDatingdadkc1Dined on 3/4/2014Our waiter was awesome. He was on top of it and provided great insight and was very personable. The dinner menus are very reasonably priced compared anywhere else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJmille4760Dined on 2/14/2014Service great - ambiance great - one of the best filet's I have had in a long time. If I were to have a request it would be that they be more generous with the sides.. however, still highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat before the game.KarenDined on 1/29/2014We enjoyed TEN. Made reservations for a nice meal before KU basketball. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. My steak was cooked perfectly and had a great flavor. Server was superb. I would recommend to others who want a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Eldridge GemClintonODined on 1/28/2014What a great venue for a quiet and delicious lunch! If you go to Lawrence you must visit the Eldridge Hotel and as you enter the hotel you might as well have a cocktail in the bar and then move over to TEN for a bite to eat. In addition to a great meal this is clearly a favorite with the leadership in Lawrence. As we sat and had our lunch I thought of the history of people that have come through the front door to this historic place. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday on MasskansanbychoiceDined on 1/25/2014The reservation was waiting and my special request for seating was noted and honored. Wait staff were efficient and did not hover.The lunch special of soup and salad was a huge hit. The classic Reuben was tasty. The crowds on Mass St made the window seating delightful. Even large groups near by were not an intrusion. Highly recommend and will meet lots of friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us went for News YearsFriendsDined on 12/31/2013Four of us went for News Years Eve. Our table was ready at time specified and the food was excellent. The staff was attentive and helpful on menue selection.Special Features:
- Great Dining in LawrenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013TEN at the Eldridge has, for the third time now, been our go-to spot for a special holiday meal. We will go back as long as we live in Lawrence. The food is among the best in town and the staff act like they're actually happy to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Brunch for pricekate564Dined on 12/15/2013The selection of food was very small for the price of the brunch the selections did not really seem to go together for a meal.Special Features:
- The bar is lively and fun,KahaDined on 12/1/2013The bar is lively and fun, and the dining room is quiet and lovely. The historic hotel is beautiful. Love sitting near the windows to enjoy the view of Mass. Street. Have been here several times And have always enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't be backdisgustedVIPDined on 11/29/2013Ordered a simple meal of filet & green beens. What could go wrong? Filet was very good, enjoyed the butter on top. But the green beens were absolutely raw. Sent them back, they back absolutely raw. Could not finissh my meal. By then my steak was cold. No satifaction from the wait staff or management. Won't be back!!!
- Service gets a 10 at Ten!WinterhawkDined on 11/23/2013The Eldridge Hotel is a beautiful classic old hotel,even if you don't eat at the restaurant or bar, you should step inside and take a look. We ate on the bar side and had a great time. They serve a terrific milk stout on tap which you don't often find. The food was fine but our waiter definitely got a 10. Everyone in our party of seven commented on his perfect timing, unintrusiveness, and friendly personality. If I am ever in Lawrence again I would go back. Hats off to good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchKsgalDined on 10/6/2013Love the architecture, food is really good and price is reasonable for brunch. Local dining dowtown Lawrence is eclectic and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & good serviceCarlDined on 10/4/2013Everything was good...flavorful and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Delicious Brunch!!Familyof5Dined on 9/22/2013We booked the reservation for Brunch based on the online recommendations and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious. The restaurant was busy but it did not effect the service we recieved. Amanda recommended that if we wanted an omelet that she would send our order directly to the kitchen in order to avoid the line at the omelet station. We took her up on the offer and she delivered our omelets directly to our table. Lots of choices and all for a reasonable price. Defintely will return again when we visit Lawrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FeedMeDined on 9/21/2013Everything was great from reservation to leaving the front door! I was greeted with a smile, and my waitress was super friendly! I can't wait to go back and try more from both TEN's food menus and drink menus. YUM!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightLaceyDined on 9/13/2013We loved the food! The wait staff was very accommodating and do not rush you through the meal. The atmosphere was not as romantic as we had hoped due to the noise but overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dinner with FriendsRickDined on 8/31/2013Food was outstanding, the service was exceptional, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Overall good experience --OgnatDined on 8/30/2013Overall good experience -- excellent service, most dishes excellent, some okay (ravioli).Special Features:
- August 21 -- right placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013given the death and violence of August 21, 1863 in this very place, thouight it was perfect for the 150th annivesary of Quantrill's Raid. Worked out well for the dinner event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.