Ten Asian Bistro
4647 Macarthur Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Ten Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro.tenoc.com/
- Phone: 9496601010x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm, Monday - Thursday Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00PM, Friday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Akira Furiya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All of our menu items are available for catering offsite.
- Entertainment: Ten Nightclub located directly next door is open Friday and Saturday night.
- Special Events: We can accommodate guests from 20 to 1000 for private events. The lounge next door can accommodate up to 400 guests. We can accomodate private parties for happy hour, group meetings, any social gatherings for birthdays, anniversary parties and holiday events. Contact Private Event Sales (email@example.com) or please visit our website for more information!
A word from Ten Asian Bistro
Ten Asian Bistro & Bar is without a doubt, the most innovative and seductive dining experience in Asian Cuisine in Orange County. Upon arriving you will experience a beautiful double sided waterfall which you actually walk underneath to enter the venue. Once inside, you are greeted by a 14-foot Buddha that overlooks the beautiful main dining room. There are two patios complete with fire pits. The ambiance is ever changing due to the color kinetic lighting that changes the mood from one minute to the next. Aside from the ambiance the food is simply outstanding! There is a 28 foot sushi bar that seats up to 20 guests offering the best and freshest cuts in all of Orange County. The main menu offers American, Chinese and Thai dishes. The food is 5 star and a great place for large parties,sharing, and private events. Ten Nightclub is located directly next door and is open Friday and Saturday nights. Both venues are available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ten Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pleasently SurprisedNatydDined on 9/9/2014Checked out this place a few times over the years and It's always great! Really good asian food! One of my favorite pad thai's I ever tried!
- Open Table Guests = Leftover TablesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014The good was ok, not spectacular. Service was slow. I have noticed that open table reservations seem To get the leftover tables- even though they knew we were coming.
- Perfect nightLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time... Our server Erica was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was off the chart ExcellentGenEventPlannerDined on 7/23/2014Can't say enough good things about the service and management! This venue is very nice and the food is really great, but my group of 18 experienced such attentive, gracious service it really "made" the night. With Leo's guidance, I pre-selected a basic menu of appetizers, stir-fry, and sushi - something for the newbie to sushi as well as for my enthusiasts. It was a total hit! As folks arrived they could order a drink and enjoy the apps until everyone was there. Super customer service was exemplified with offer of a free dessert to everyone in the group. Will we be back? YES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceRICKDined on 5/31/2014Loved the whole center there with Bosscat and Ten X Nightclub the food at Ten Asian all good...Special Features:
- The following 100 reviews are from the Ten Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- 10 BB BirthdaybitsonbitesDined on 5/6/2014The service being seated was excellent; drink server service was excellent; the food server service was excellent; the food was excellent and the exit was excellent.Special Features:
- Ten Asian Bistro earns a TEN!mjprestDined on 4/3/2014Ten Asian Bistro earns a TEN! Come to Ten only if you like great ambiance, fantastic food delivered with supreme service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a TENPiper4831Dined on 3/15/2014I have eaten here before for lunch and had fantastic sushi/ sashimi/ rolls. Our dinner: Dumplings, Shrimp Tempura, Chicken Pad Thai and General Ten's chicken. The dumplings were deep fried, when ordered we thought they were pan fried. These are not potstickers. The Shrimp Tempura was fantastic. The Pad Thai was spicy (good) but was watery and not flavorful. The General Ten's chicken was dry and more like a bowl of boneless buffalo chicken pieces. Ten has a new menu- no lettuce cups or fire cracker shrimp. It was 8pm- the "noise" from the club was very distracting. Very accommodating and friendly staff. With tip and no alcohol, the bill came to just under 90$. Not likely to come back. Sam Woo's made up for this disappointment the next day.Special Features:
- RESTURANT WEEKmrmijacVIPDined on 2/27/2014What a surprise, The $40.00 dollar meal of sushi was excellent. fresh fish, beautifully served. Went on a Thursday and missed the nightclub bunch, go for the food!Special Features:
- Perfect for a business team dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014My employees all loved the restaurant and the food! Great atmosphere, friendly staff, clean establishment, and most of all, everybody enjoyed their food!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnergiggledropDined on 1/30/2014I took my husband here for his 35th Birthday. The restaurant is beautiful! The food was amazing, the service was GREAT! We are looking forward to dinning here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is great, good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014Place is great, good place for friends. But during lunch time, the music is a little too loud to discuss anything serious. If you are trying to convey a message to more than one client/prospect, you are better off somewhere else. If you are trying to impress, its a great spot.Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014I thought the food was outstanding. Nice selection of Asian dishes from various countries.Special Features:
- Lunch as a groupWheelsDined on 12/18/2013We have been to Ten for lunch as a group a few times. It seems that they need a little help on service. Having your order coming out at such odd times, 20-30 minute gaps causing others to be done with there meal and others are still waiting...Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestAdriverDined on 12/10/2013Have been going here for years and sushi still decent but appetizers were not. Service was slow and confused. Had big group and use to tip being added automatically but not at 20%. Very disappointed and not hurrying back.
- Slow ServiceReganVIPDined on 8/20/2013I have been here a lot with my company for work dinners with a large group and for some reason both times they only gave a party of 20 one server! We had to open our own wine and pour it and when the bottle ran out it took forever to get another. The lunch was fine but the food took forever to come out.Special Features:
- waited an hour for lunch, not FUN!EmilygmVIPDined on 8/20/2013Arrived when the place was not full, maybe 5 other tables had people....placed our beverage order followed with ordering our lunch. Place started to fill up....other tables got food before ours and our waiter was all over the place except attending to our order. Don't know if understaffed because our waiter appeared to be attending to a table on the other side of the room or if the cooks were slow? No updates on status of food, no mgr to explain. Only when I voiced my complaint was something done. Party of 8....other table had a party of over 12 & they were eating while we were still waiting for our order. Not likely to return anytime soon...there are other restaurants that want my business more.
- Smooth VibesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013Really like the feel & the food. Loren was our waiter and he was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing meal. Pad ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2013Disappointing meal. Pad Thai was so spicy your mouth was on fire and couldn't taste the meal. Sent back and the revised version was bland, the beef was tough, and overall was disappointing meal.
- Always liked Ten Asian restaurant.LenaVIPDined on 4/27/2013Always liked Ten Asian restaurant. Hope it stays in business. Love their food, wine selection and ambiance. Need this kind of restaurant in Newport Beach.Special Features:
- Love the food-but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2013I have always loved the food at TEN and had great service in the past. This visit was for a business lunch and the service was a disappointment. Our Server acted as if she was unhappy to be there, smiled very little and took forever to greet us. The edamame took 20 minutes. The empty plates piled up on our table and several servers never picked them up. Finally the manager took them---they were piled 5 high by then (we order a lot). This was a business lunch and my clients also commented on the poor service. The hostess neglected to record that we showed up for our reservation so I got an email from Open Table saying we no-showed! Not sure what was going on that day, it was not busy at all but they were asleep at the wheel.Special Features:
- Food was very good but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Food was very good but expensive. The wine list was very much to our liking and the waitress was great! I like dinning early before the crowds and our 6:30 arrival worked well.Special Features:
- Service was too slow...tookOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2013Service was too slow...took forever to get our food.
- The service was horrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013The service was horrible and the food was mediore at best.
- We all enjoyed wonderful mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/22/2013We all enjoyed wonderful meals and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food and service was great,BigeaterVIPDined on 1/19/2013Food and service was great, but restaurant was on the expensive for the type of restaurant,Special Features:
- Service is slow. Food is great.bob12Dined on 1/18/2013Service is slow. Food is great. Music and Club are great.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013My boyfriend and I decided to take our lunch break at Ten (we've been here multiple times for dinner). Understandably, Noriene P (#521) had not only us to serve, but also a large group next to us (who did come in after we have been seated). However, the table next to us received their food instantly, while my boyfriend&I waited for 45 minutes. Both times when we asked the status on our food, she replied "The bento boxes will be right out." But they didnt.When our food finally arrived was she quickly apologized and acknowledged some confusion in the kitchen. Never once during the 45 minutes of waiting she asked if we wanted anything else, or if we wanted a refill. We rarely saw Noriene P, but we did see her constantly at the table next to us
- Our server was covering atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/5/2013Our server was covering at least 10 tables...needless to say the service was very slow. Food was mediocre.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My boyfriend and I go to ten all the time and usually their service and food is excellent. We talked this place up to our friends and convinced them to come with us for new years eve. When we arrived for our reservation they didn't have a table ready for us they had to grab an extra table from the back and cram it in between some other tables. our drinks took forever to get since they didn't have enough bartenders working. After ordering off the prix fixe menu 45 mins went by and someone brings 2 entrees to our table that weren't ours ( we hadn't even gotten our appetizers yet) finally our appetizers come out all at different times. They also ran out of the desert choices. Not one person offered to fill our waters. Very disappointed!
- Quality of food could be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2012Quality of food could be better. Ambiance was odd being that the screen wall was the only thing separating the night club next door. Service lagged, but the waiters were pleasant.Special Features:
- Hip fusion sushi restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/28/2012Hip fusion sushi restaurant with a great selection of creative rolls and an eye candy decorSpecial Features:
- Service Saturday evening atBillVIPDined on 12/15/2012Service Saturday evening at Ten Asian Bistro was fair at best. The server neglected the table for approximately 30 minutes following seating and the ordering of two simple appetizers. The description of "fiery" for the spice level of several dishes was correct. I generally like spicy food but this was a little more than I expected, and hence I did not enjoy the entry. Overall Ten Asian Bistro is loud with ordinary food.
- I luv the food here but unfortunatlOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/12/2012I luv the food here but unfortunatley, they said I had no reservation and I went with a client. So that was embarrassing and dissapointing.
- Just make sure you insistOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/29/2012Just make sure you insist on separate billing if you have a large group. Our female waitress was a mess with our bill so it kind of ruined the flow of the evening which had gone so well! Otherwise the vibe of the place was perfect, the rest of the staff was amazing and did a great job keeping our party fed and drinks filled...the music was great. Thursday nights are awesome because the restaurant converts to a dance floor which is awesome!!! definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a place to hang and eat and then dance on a Thursday night.Special Features:
- We loved the food at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2012We loved the food at this restaurant, but we had our dishes served at different times in the meal, items were missing, and wrong items were served. The food was defintiely fabulous and the waitress tried her hardest but was the only server for all of the tables, yet there were 5 different busboys scrambling around to take our plates.Special Features:
- I think they are at end ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/10/2012I think they are at end of there run. Always enjoyed food here. But poor exeprience. Sushi has gone downhill. Waitress was somewhat clueless. Were out of some better saki and a tap was broken so couldnt get a type beer we wanted Had an imitation soft shell crab roll that was hideous. Won't be going back.
- What a hidden gem. I neverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2012What a hidden gem. I never would have known where this place is. teh waterfall and giant Buddha are great. The food and service followed suit. Fantastic. The restaurant was quiet so we were spoiled with extra service and enjoyed every minute of it. We definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Food and service were great.alexisDined on 10/10/2012Food and service were great. Excellent sushi choicesSpecial Features:
- Love this place. So friendlyklw2Dined on 9/1/2012Love this place. So friendly and service oriented!Special Features: