581 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tempobuffalo.com/
- Phone: 7168851594
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Jenkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: The upstairs elegant dining room with private bar and restroom is available for private parties. The Belvedere Room holds up to 55 for a sit down dinner and 70 for a station menu. Ideal for private events such as weddings, showers, holiday parties and business meetings. It is also equipped with A/V equipment.
- Private Party Contact: AmyRae Graves 7168851594
A word from Tempo Restaurant
Buffalo's most popular "new world" Italian style restaurant. Superb service, white linens and extensive wine menu selections. Featuring handmade gnocchi, classic pasta bolognese, and piping-hot risotto's made to order. Savor the incredibly Grilled Lobster Tail Risotto or the Stuffed Veal Chop, and Certified Angus Beef Rib-Eye Steak that will satisfy your premium cravings. Enjoy an evening of cocktails and appetizers in our bar or full service dinner for your guests. Tempo resides in a circa 1880 former private residence that has been restored to capture elegance and romance in our unique hardwood floor and exposed brick wall dining room. Private meeting space is also available. Tempo is located in the Historic Allentown district in Buffalo, New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tempo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Tempo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (45)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- special occasionPernsDined on 8/23/2014Every year for are wedding anniversary we make it a point to have dinner at Tempo. From the moment you walk through the door they make you feel special. I maid my reservation through OpenTable . I specified it was are anniversary. First thing, are waiter walked over with complimentary glasses of champagne. The food is out of this world from the appetizers to the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extemely Disappointed!NoMoreTempoDined on 8/23/2014What was supposed to be a wonderful night out with another couple to a restaurant none of us have ever been to, ended up being total let down! Even though our service was good, the food taste & portions along with the prices were outrageous! While we were waiting for our appetizers a cheese, pepperoni & olive tray was brought out along with a slice of bread for each of us. Usually high end restaurants serve a bread basket at the table. Before we could even finish our cheese tray it was taken away without even being asked. When our appetizers came, it was a bite! No sharing with your significant other. Then the main course. My filet was tough & stringy with hardly any flavor. Save your money! $360+There are many better restaurants in BFLO!
- i love TempoMizDocDined on 8/22/2014Brought my Mother here for dinner. It was her first time at Tempo and she loved it. The service and food were incredible. Definitely worthy of a celebration. The sole issue I have is that the party next to us was extremely loud. However, that didn't detract from the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned 45LEO516Dined on 8/20/2014Celebrated my 45th with my mom this past week at Tempo. I have been several times and have yet to be disappointed. The moment you walk in you know you are in for a great memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found Tempo by chance, but perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Tempo made it the perfect evening. Excellent Food, perfect wine, really nice ambience. It's expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCowboyxDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was great. Celebrated anniversary. Had champanfe for us when we sat down. Not great dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Spectacular as always - Great food, attentive staff, enjoyable atmosphere. Can't ask for better than that!Special Features:
- Celebrate at TempoHomerunDined on 8/5/2014My wife is from Buffalo and we were visiting town to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Wanting to experience fine dining for the occasion, we went to Tempo. We were not disappointed. Once seated the owner sent glasses of champagne to help us celebrate. The appetizer size scungili with orecchiette felt more like a full order and was spicy, tender and delicious. We had striped bass with homemade gnoccchi and a crispy skin salmon over a corn and green bean relish. Both were over the top delicious, equalling any meal I've had in the finest restaurants of Manhattan. We finished it off with delicious chocolate cake. Pricey meal but well worth it for your special occasion, date or business dinner. Great job, Tempo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceSteveDined on 7/31/2014From the bartender Tony, to Amanda the waitress to the manager on duty (didn't get his name) - all are extremely cordial & professional. The food is fine dining at it's best, and the wine list is exceptional - as are the single malt selections. I can't wait to go back to Buffalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPinoDined on 7/31/2014I have always had a great experience at Tempo from the service to the food ...always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality great.$60 steak over doneSteveSDined on 7/21/2014Ambiance, service, quality of food and drink exceptional...But, I asked for my $60 strip steak to be rare...Not even a spot of pink...Oh well...I was out with 2 very important clients [ my treat ] and didn't want to interupt the flow by whining [ just the kind of guy I am : strong, silent, able to leap tall buildings, etc.]...Again, food tasty and wine list excellent [ some good value here ] ...Great setting and interesting seating choices: nice outside patio, attractive bar area, and 2 rear dining areas [ where we sat ]......As Arnold said, "I'll be back" and next time I'm sure my steak will be rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in TownrkingcummingsDined on 7/19/2014The service was impeccable. Our waiter, Dan, was there at just the right moment, but he was not hovering. The wine list is impressive and expansive, something for everyone in every price range. The filet was cooked perfectly. Two members of our group had the Greg Norman wygu special and it was cooked perfectly as well.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!SSBurmasteDined on 7/15/2014We recently ate here on our anniversary and were welcomed with two glasses of Prosecco as we were seated. This was a nice touch to mark our occasion. The service was impeccable and we had a very relaxing, well-paced dinner.Special Features:
- Great for Special Night OutBuffaloFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Tempo is the kind of restaurant nestled in the heart of Buffalo that anyone can appreciate-- It is one of the city's best fine dining restaurants with an incredible selection of entrees from seafood to steak and great wine. The staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. The exposed interior brick and low light gives this restaurant a delightful and romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craz4uDined on 7/9/2014Food and service are always spectacular. There is no reason to go anywhere else. my only complaint is that every time we go in for a romantic dinner it is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in BuffalosargeDined on 7/7/2014Tempo is the best restaurant in Buffalo. Fine service, perfect food, an attentive host. All this doesn't come cheaply, but it does come reliably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliantDaveDined on 6/28/2014phenomenal parings with brilliant choices of approachable wines with exquisite foodSpecial Features:
- Good foodBellachellaDined on 6/26/2014Hostess C: We arrived early, the place wasn't busy, & the hostess tried to seat us in a high traffic area on the aisle near the entrance and bar. Hostesses probably do this so that new customers see people when they arrive, but sitting at a table in the middle of the room where you have no privacy and have people brushing by you all night is not an experience that most people want. We would not have stayed if that was the only table available. Food A-: The stackable eggplant was delicious; the salads were fresh; the gnocchi were pretty good; and the food was served very hot. We didn't love the gnocchi sauce though. It was a bit too garlicky. Server A- Our waiter and bus people were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeooDined on 6/21/2014Fine service , attention to details,,wine list superb,bests rib-eye in bone steak in Buffalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellfishFearMeDined on 6/14/2014The Nit-picking: feel petty having to ask for more bread with this cuisine - basket!!; Caesar salad - whole leaves makes for nice presentation, but unwieldy on the plate provided. What I believe was a garlic/chard base complemented the Filet and potatoes beautifully, if a tad salty for my palate. Overall very clean, relaxed, romantic feel, charming Waiter, fine bar & water service. Oysters were very fresh. The most delicate Gnocchi you'll ever taste, nestled around the Branzino in a light, delightful sauce. Exquisite dish. Complimentary antipasti/bread/oil was a nice touch. Desserts up there among the best we've had. Memorable experience - gracious staff, appropriately soft lighting and music, elegant food attentively prepared.Special Features:
- DisappointedLRSdhDined on 6/7/2014Tempo is one of our favorites however our last meal 6/7/14 was horrible. I couldn't believe it. It will be awhile before we go back. :-(Special Features:
- Wonderful as AlwaysmiddlesisterDined on 6/5/2014Wonderful food, atmosphere and attention to detail. You can never go wrong at Tempo. My favorite restaurant in the city. Delicious from start to finish. A perfect evening to celebrate birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Never dissapoints. The filet can be cut with a butter knife. Great presentation, service and ambience. Best restaurant in Buffalo.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I think one of the best places you should go in Buffalo If you need to find some place you never made mistakes, it is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014One of the top dinining experiences I've had. Food was cooked to perfection service wa spot on. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formal dining experience in BuffalonytocaDined on 5/17/2014The food and wine were delicious. We went for my sister's college graduation and it is definitely a great special occasion place. The wait staff were polite but not as friendly as other fine dining places. There were two occasions where the waiter seemed a little snobbish/abrupt: 1) my mother asked about an item on the menu about which she didn't know; and 2) I tried to order the appetizer before we had decided on the rest of the meal and was told they did not do that (I don't mind that they didn't do that but he said so in way that made it seem like I should know better). The waiter did get better as the night went on, but I did not like being at a restaurant where the waiters seemed to think they were better than their guests.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!GregDined on 5/10/2014My fiancee and I were very impressed with Tempo. We ate on the second floor which was a beautiful room and quieter. The service was impeccable. And most importantly, the food was incredible. Cooked to perfection, seasoned flawlessly, and absolutely delicious. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TempoCWilliamsDined on 5/9/2014Had a great mother's day dinner, food was fantastic as always, Tempo's chefs can do no wrong. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 632 reviews are from the Tempo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great placeFlipp5010Dined on 5/3/2014Great upscale clean place with great food, and service, no complaints at all, good to go with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!LinnieBDined on 5/3/2014It was our first time there and we really enjoyed the restaurant. The food was great, the portions were huge, and the service was very good, though not overly friendly. Prompt and efficient but lacking in enthusiasm. It didn't affect our experience though since we were there primarily for the food ans we weren't disappointed.Special Features:
- Chri12Dined on 5/2/2014Extremely overpriced for entree size and small menu selection .
- Nice SurpriseRobmaxDined on 4/26/2014First, under question number two, there is no check box for "Great for Dinner", I would have checked that. Nice ambiance, food very good. My date had the Scungilli which was excellent. I had the Oyster appetizer, excellent oysters. For dinner I had the Chicken Milanese with a few greens on top which I thought was too crispy and dry but good. My Stoli martini was not good at all. Martini drinkers like them somewhat on the stronger side. Mine was "watery" so disappointed with that. Love the building and would like to know more about the history of it. Over-all a very nice romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tempo 4/26 6pmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Tempo service was attentive and professional. Food was terrific as always. One of the Top 3 restaurants in Western New York! Outstanding!Special Features:
- Awesome as AlwaysJeffGDined on 4/26/2014My wife, son and I had a wonderful dinner early on a Saturday evening. Awesome as Always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinRich74LinRich74Dined on 4/25/2014We were out celebrating our anniversary and make a point to dine some where we have never been before. The service impeccable, ambiance gracious. My bride of 40 years, had a dinner that was positively James Beard Award worthy. Mine needed some tweaking. We would return and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Wonderful wine list and appetizer selections. Rock Shrimp Risotto was our group entre favorite. Deserts are equally as wonderful and our table shared many of the items and enjoyed every one!Special Features:
- Supper Place!!BuffalojskiDined on 4/12/2014First time at Temp. My GF & I had a really good meal combined with attentive service. Very romantic setting. My request for a quiet table was provided near a window with a great view. Note to all diners, please dress appropriately. Its a nice place so leave the jeans at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with friendsSA1955Dined on 4/4/2014I was with a group of 5 that enjoyed some good wine by the glass, a decent bottled craft beer selection, appetizers and our main courses. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulReneeDined on 3/29/2014The place was absolutely beautiful....the decor was great, service was on point and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foursome.BuffaloPhilDined on 3/29/2014Wow!! The rib eye was overwhelming. My friends had the osso buco and the ravioli. All delicious. From our reception at the front door to our escort out in the snow storm the service was great. Perfect for a romantic dinner or a group outing. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.