Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
100 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33462Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://templeorangepalmbeach.com/
- Phone: (561) 540-4924
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 7:00am - 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Friday - Special Local Catch Menu
Sunday Summer Brunch Menu Noon to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Temple Orange features oceanfront casual dining with magnificent views of the Atlantic. Breakfast showcases an extensive Mediterranean Buffet with an al a carte menu of housemade bakeries, eggs, meats, and seasonal fruits. Lunch features a Gold Coast cuisine of salads, sandwichs, and locally caught fish. Dinner is inspired by local Florida specialities from fresh seafood, Short Rib, and seasonal specialties featuring local produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OopsydaisyDined on 11/14/2014Although there was a mixup with the happy hour, the manager was gracious and offered drinks. The view was beautiful as the restaurant overlooks the ocean. Everyone enjoyed their meals ;the service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eau what a view! Great food too!boboVIPDined on 11/6/2014Perfect place for lunch in a resort setting with beautiful ocean views in South Palm Beach. Great food and attentive service makes the pricey tab worth the splurge. Was pleasantly surprised since we haven't been here since hotel used to be a Ritz Carlton. New ownership haven't skipped a beat and seems to have maintained very high standards. Very impressed and would highly recommend for lunch.EauSpecial Features:
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014This place is very nicely decorated. We dined on the patio which overlooked the fire pit. Sound of the ocean in the background and music wafting from the inside of the restaurant. Dinner was professionally presented. Food itself was well prepared. Service was excellent. Prices were also reasonable for this venue.Special Features:
- SpeedVIPDined on 10/26/2014sensational weather added to ideal view, food, and service. many visits and gets better each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night, good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Went to celebrate a birthday dinner. Was very impressed by the atmosphere, the service was great, and the food was delish although small portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just shy of GREATNESSSoFlaGalDined on 10/3/2014This former Ritz Carlton oceanfront property is naturally stunning. The hostess was the most accommodating, pleasant gal I've run across. Kudos to her. Two minor complaints. The attentiveness of the service help was quite lacking. We had to ask a number of times for water, flatware, refills, take dishes off our table, etc. The server was well informed, humorous and generally good, though he didn't seem quite as refined as he should have been for a restaurant of that caliber. But, pretty good overall. No real complaints. The appetizers were all phenomenal, outstanding. One of the entrees however, was definitely not up to par. We did send it back and they accommodated us. They have work to do, but I'll give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View has a big priceLynn411VIPDined on 9/29/2014Since the Ritz Carlton was sold and has become Eauthere was not one change at the hotel except the menu. Temple Orange is looking worn. The menu was ok but very expensive with a salad with 4 shrimp costing $25 and coffee $5! The best part is ocean view which is gorgeous. Unfortunately the ocean at the hotel is about only 5 feet wide now after the storms we had this past summer. The staff tried to be attentive but we had to ask for sweetener and milk for the coffee. The restaurant was empty except for one other table. Therefore we should have had waitresses at our table as they were just walking around. Be prepared to spend money as it is a hotel, but the atmosphere is still breathtaking and will be busy again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dckriegdckriegDined on 9/26/2014ordered the flavor palm beach menu. limited choises and small plates for the money compared to other fine restauants. view was great except for the outdoor service table blocking inside windows. the best thing on the menu was the belgin frys.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodieGirlDined on 9/21/2014Fabulous service, excellent meal...thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing lovely Sunday afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night of Sept. 19brujoDined on 9/19/2014The Temple Orange room provides excellent ambience, service and cuisine. I recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:
- mikalVIPDined on 9/13/2014one of the worst meals (3 of 4) ever in south florida...poor restaurant mgmnt....started off badly (not the diners purchase,but a gift)...with almost no 1 by not accepting fpl $25 gift cert
- ServiceDontluv2dinethereDined on 9/12/2014Service was better when it was the Ritz Carlton. My husband was served the wrong dish and there was cork in his wine. Additionally we were told that we would get extra anchovies in our salad but only got one.Special Features:
- Read Menu 1stMaccaVIPDined on 8/30/2014The description of the restaurant on OpenTable indicates a Mediterranean influence. The menu that night had little in the way of Mediterranean options. The food was great, but was expecting something a little different. Definitely read the menu to get a feel for the food. Everything else was great (including the food we had).Special Features:
- The following 168 reviews are from the Temple Orange - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We dined at Temple Orange for dinner twice while staying at Eau Palm. The menu had a good variety of types of foods and price points. Everything we tried was excellent and the service matched the food. One of my friends ordered a drink and didn't like it, the waitress quickly took it away and replaced it with something else. The atmosphere in the restaurant is nice - upscale without being pretentious. If you're staying at Eau Palm, be sure to try Temple Orange for dinner.Special Features:
- New Name-Same Great Everythinglov2eatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Not the Ritz any longer, but a true delight- much remains the same (menu not as expansive) but servie is superb, food delicious, and setting absolutely perfect on a lovely day.! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful setting, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We took my sister out on the occasion of her 60th birthday and her receiving her doctorate. She was visiting from out of State. We live in State in will definitely go again. The ambiance was delightful as we sat overlooking the tropical pool area with the ocean behind it. The food was delicious and the wait staff extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Not too impressedNormallyEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have used the Ritz, Ritz Spa several times. This was our first at the new Eau Palm Beach. The greeting was perfect, the seating was ok, but they gave us breakfast menus for lunch. The server was nice, but slow. She served us our bottle of champagne and for the pre=calculated tip, did not repour after the first glass, my daughter did the pouring. There were 6 of us. My daughter & I ordered a salad with shrimp. The waitress forgot the shrimp order on both salads. This story continues, but you get the picture.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceglutenfreegirlDined on 6/18/2014We used to eat here when it was the Ritz-Carlton. After Marriott acquired the Ritz-Carlton, it wasn't quite as wonderful. We were so impressed with how Eau Palm Beach is running the restaurant. The hostess was so lovely and warm and the entire staff was highly trained and outstanding. My server pointed out the gluten free options to me and she was extremely knowledgeable. She was lovely. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back. I need to eat gluten free and I had a huge delicious turkey club sandwich for lunch that was on gluten free bread. I am so pleased to see that Temple Orange is back to its former glory and in fact I think it surpasses what it once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchgourmetdinerDined on 6/15/2014We were all warmly welcomed and staff was informative and very amiable. Food was very good except for a few items such as the mini quiche which had too much dough and was dry. The prime rib was over cooked. Jambalaya was delicious but hardly any was left in the buffet. All in all, there was enough delicious food to make us very satisfied and the desserts were outstanding....in a warm and casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had a wonderful time the wait staff was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atypical Day Becomes ExtraordinaryMichDined on 5/2/2014My afternoon spent with my mom was fantastic. We toured the facilities...then had lunch at Temple Orange. The food was delicious and everyone was courteous and helpful. I was trying to surprise her for her 75th b-day and the staff didn't let me down. They brought a slice of her favorite key lime pie cut up beautifully and decorated with fruit with "Happy Birthday" surrounded in chocolate. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but avarage foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Greeting and host was professional. Waitress was helpful. Good selection of wine. The reason we were at restaurant was anniversary. I did not like the food. We both order fish. Both order was overcooked and dry.
- OverpricedBozoVIPDined on 3/23/2014Prior visits at $42 was about right. $62 is ridiculous. Regular brunch menu unavailable despite appearing on website. Sliced tomato and onion had to be requested, not on buffet table. Obviously, there is a sufficient demand. Beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Delectible PerfectionMichieCVIPDined on 3/17/2014We ate at Temple Orange each morning, twice for lunch and two evenings during our stay. Every time was better than the one before. We really enjoyed it, and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Your Appetite for SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014As buffet brunches go, this is the best I have had in Palm Beach. I am looking forward to Sundy House, which I expect will have a more intimate garden setting, but if you don't mind being just a little bit away from poolside with a view of the ocean, then you won't mind the vista at all. Some aspects of the old Ritz Carlton still need to be amended, but the Eau Palm Beach is doing a great job of updating the grounds. The brunch is fairly expensive at around $60 a person (more if you drink like I do), but the spread is phenomenal, and the cooks get everything right. The stone crab claws, the deveined shrimp, the salmon, the pan seared scallops on caviar lentils, thesmoked trout; the fruit is fresh. The pastries: heaven. Great Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCH ON SUNDAYReetVIPDined on 1/19/2014The Brunch offered on Sunday was extremely expensive for the limited amount of choices that were offered. Sixty two dollars per person , not including mimosas which were 14 dollars ...they were offered as bottomless but still.... for 62 dollars include a mimosa!!! The food was fair at best. Service was pleasant as was the scenic view outdoors. Would NOT go there again for brunch.. too bad for such a beautiful place.Special Features:
- Charm on the beachNocookinDined on 1/16/2014Beautiful setting. Casual dining. A treat to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great potentialsidneytVIPDined on 12/3/2013potential or great restaurant needs some imagination in menu and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Nice Restaurant on First NightAlohaGal1Dined on 8/31/2013We enjoyed this restaurant on our first night of our holiday weekend getaway. The outdoor dining experience was relaxing, and the service impeccable. The menu had a few but very tasty selections. We also had breakfast here on both mornings and the buffet and menu selections were extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet at a Ritz CarltonAnnetteVIPDined on 5/31/2013My friend and I were having a girl's weekend and decided to eat at the main restaurant. It was a seafood buffet. I really have problem with having to get up and get my own food at a Ritz. While there was an a la carte menu, it was very limited. Please serve your full menu or dispense with the buffet. It doesn't fit the Ritz image.
- Disastorous Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2013I have eaten here often for brunch. I was told the Chef discontinued brunch so we drove the entire way for nothing. After expressing our dismay, we were given no accommodations.We typically get a cocktail poolside after but were refused service rudely by the waitress Tonianne. She then had Security ask us to leave in front of other guests! The manager then refused any refunds and boldly told us in front of everyone that we they were simply "protecting their asset" and we must leave immediately.To make matters worse, I'm a Ritz Carlton Black Card member! I was publicly humiliated and provided with the worst customer service and embarassment of my life.The 4 Seasons, Omphoy, & Breakers offer remarkably better service. Avoid Ritz at all costs.Special Features:
- Just not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2013We went to the Sunday brunch buffet. They've changed the format and eliminated the more replete buffet that started later. We waited for an interminable amount of time for service and decided in the meantime to scout the buffet. It was an average offering for an above average price. Just not worth the $32pp++. We left without ever having seen a server.
- When there is something specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013When there is something special to celebrate, or you need to have a wonderful evening, there is only one place to go in south Fl., the Ritz-Carlton is a very very special place with a fabulous staff.Special Features:
- Pls bring the previous format back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2013The previous buffet format was great - a great selections but not overwhelming. You could have comfort breakfast cereals/omelet/eggs/fruits/bacons or try sea foods... The food quality was great too and it was great to go back there for regular brunches and know what can look forward to and also try something new. The new format is disappointing compared to the previous setup. On the Manu there is a limited selections, there are quite a few burgers & burgers, nachos and French toast.... The burger we had was very salty. It was an expensive burger brunch. Hope they will revert back to the previous format.
- More of a cafeteria atmosphereKristenDined on 2/16/2013More of a cafeteria atmosphere and we were looking for something more romantic. The steamed mussels were to die for however the entree (seafood risotto) was soupy.
- From the moment one enterslov2eatVIPDined on 2/7/2013From the moment one enters Temple ORange, and sees the amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean,everything else is secondary. The food is delicious, but not exceptional. The menu is varied enough to please anyone. The service is polite and friendly. BUrgers, soups, and salads make for a perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Just stopped in for SundayAJ79VIPDined on 2/3/2013Just stopped in for Sunday breakfast after spending the night. It was gorgeous out and we sat outside which was beautiful. It's not The Breakers Sunday Brunch, but for $28 you get good value.Special Features:
- Excellent food, superb presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Excellent food, superb presentation and service! Couldn't be more pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful with fine servicePGA2065VIPDined on 1/26/2013Had dinner at Temple Orange in the Ritz-Carlton as we had ticket to the newly re-named Plaza Theatre across the street. Not the highest priced restaurant there, but quite beautiful. You can eat indoors or on the lovely deck that overlooks the dune and ocean. Leroy was our main waiter and he was excellent, as were his assistants. The food was very good - especially the perfectly grilled grouper and the creamy tomato bisque. Many restaurants serve grouper that seems to be something else. This was the real thing - fresh, thick and moist, wonderfully prepared. The bread served was boring and did not seem really fresh. It was not up to the quality of the rest of the fine meal.Special Features:
- The view was breathtaking,theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013The view was breathtaking,the food and service were great. We live in Boca and had not taken the ride up A1A in many years. We will be doing it again soon. Thank YouSpecial Features: