Temple Gourmet Chinese
91 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Temple Gourmet Chinese
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.templegourmet.com/
- Phone: 7322128858
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm,Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
- Catering: Call and ask for the restaurant manager to organize catering
- Special Events: Temple will book out the restaurant for special events (Christenings, Communions, Birthdays, etc.)
A word from Temple Gourmet Chinese
Temple Gourmet Chinese serves gourmet Chinese specialties in a fine dining atmosphere. Perusing the mouth-watering menu will be just the beginning of your experience. The design of the space is visually stunning and the service attitude is a welcome change to Chinese dining. Temple Restaurant is also committed to being a socially responsible business. The owner is devoted to contributing to the welfare of society especially the local community and not solely to maximizing profit. The concept is to feel good about a restaurant you would visit anyway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Temple Gourmet Chinese - Best Restaurants in Red Bank ›
Temple Gourmet Chinese reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (22)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Dinner experienceRayNDined on 9/6/2014was there on Saturday on 9/6. The food as usual was very good. The food did take much longer than normal. The mgrs were apologizing for the delay to many tables around us but not ours. I am not sure if there was a problem in the kitchen but it seemed like there was something off that night.Special Features:
- Excellent!RoxannDined on 8/28/2014I always love an outdoor option when I dine. I don't know what was bêtter my dinner that evening or my left overs the next day which were plentiful. The portions were enormous and absolutely delicious. Whoever said the food is "just ok" clearly didn't order the filet mignon in black pepper sauce. To die for. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicefoodieDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Saturday night and the place was packed. Still we never had an empty water glass.....very attentive servers who gave suggestions on what to order. The food was good. It was nice that it was BYOB, but they have a liquor license pending so check before you go.Special Features:
- over all just okSum2014Dined on 8/23/2014I made reservations and and we arrived they said we had to wait. I asked to be seated outside and was told even though I had reservations you could make them for outside and that other people were waiting for outside seat even though they did not make a reservation. Had I known that I would have gone somewhere else. That is not good. When someone makes a reservation who should be seated within five minutes of your reservation and choice of whereever you want to sit. The entrees were just OK ...We ordered prawns with string beans...Will say alot of string beans but four prawns. I will, however, give it another try to see what else on the menu. Service was very good. Actually the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarsDined on 8/23/2014I didn't really find it as a gourmet Chinese food. The temple fried rice was good, the triple temple delicacy we had tasted good but I wouldn't compare it to this real McCoy gourmet Chinese food in Manalapan. So far I haven't found anything better than this Chinese gourmet restaurant. Our waiter was rough.its either he had a bad day or just didn't want to be there. Overall experience, it was poor. I've gotten better service at mcdonalds. If you want good food, good service & a gourmet Chinese food.... go to Peking pavilion in Manalapan. I deal with the public everyday with my profession & I would be mortified if I gave this type of service to the people.Special Features:
- Average, not gourmetTFFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014Now granted, it was a Saturday night in Red Bank. Temple came highly recommended by a good friend as 'the best Chinese food he's had in a long time'. For a "gourmet" Chinese restaurant, my partner and I were underwhelmed. From the time we placed our order, it took 30 minutes for the soup to arrive. I had the Temple soup, which was tasty. My partner said the hot and sour was average. The pan-seared dumplings were also ok, not 'wow'. Entrees of sweet and sour pineapple chicken and shrimp in lobster sauce were also average at best. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive throughout, but the slow speed of the kitchen coupled with mediocre, not gourmet, food, make this a place we won't be revisiting. We far prefer Peking Pavilion in Freehold.
- Great girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Out for girls night with my to vegetarian sisters and every body had a great time! The food was delicious and the service was very good. I love that it's a BYOB. I will be back for lunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AveragePeacockDined on 8/2/2014Saw NJ Monthly classify TGC as "best in Central Jersey". If that is "best", avoid the rest. Very good Peking Duck, tender, large portions. Saved the day. Pedestrian scallops. Costco-quality pork dumpling appetizer. All in all, "take out" quality, save for the duck. Noisy with tables 75% full. Slow service; overwhelmed but pleasant, college gal waitress. Would not return.... Denville and Wayne places up north much better.
- Best Chinese food ever.CfanDined on 8/1/2014We dine at Temple at least once a week. The food is excellent. We never had a bad dish. The staff is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Visit!!Drea83Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I dined at Temple Gourmet Chinese for the first time last Friday. The overall experience was great and we will definitely return!! One minor criticism is that the tables for two are a bit small, but that may also be because we ordered too many plates!! Give them a try - delicious food and great service.Special Features:
- Always goodPicklesDined on 7/31/2014Whatever you order off the menu or the many specials they have it is always good. The service is always good and Cory is a great waiter as well as front of the house person. We love it and try to get there at least three times a month if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner in Red Bank, NJEatingoutagainDined on 7/30/2014We love to go here for special occasion birthday dinners! The food is plentiful and we always try something new. My teenagers enjoy eating here too and love the chicken lettuce wrap appetizers . It can be loud at times, so be prepared if trying to converse with a large table. BYOB is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChineseOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant has a great look, ambience and location. I went there for lunch so it was also quiet. I don't know what happened, but my order was inordinately slow in being delivered. The server apologized profusely as I watched three tables seated after me, served their food before me. I also had to flag the server down for a refill on my iced tea. I ordered the sweet and sour pineapple chicken which was neither sweet nor sour---no flavor at all except the soy sauce I added in search of some taste. I'm not sure whether I will try this again (it's very convenient to an office I work from regularly) but I would not recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great ambianceMickDined on 7/21/2014The food was very good for NJ Chinese. Portions were far from skimpy and waitstaff was attentive, but the prices were higher than expected for several dishes. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retireVIPDined on 7/19/2014really enjoyed this the food was excellent , different dishes from your average Chinese placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good upscale Chinese foodjenniferd1664Dined on 7/18/2014Went here for my husbands birthday with friends. This was our second visit. Love the selections on the menu. Our food was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- YummertinsDined on 7/16/2014Really delicious. One of my top two restaurants in red bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningdinnerfortwoDined on 7/12/2014First, let me say that the food is excellent. As we found out the chef is the son of the owner of Peking Pavilion in Manalapan. We like that place, but way too noisey. When I made the reservation on open table I requested outdoor seating. When we arrived, we were told that the outdoor dining was "first come, first served". That is something that should be stated on the OT reservation form. We spoke to the manager about the mix-up and fortunately a table outdoors opened up fairly quickly. The server was lovely. The appetizer took longer than it should have, but since had a table outdoors where we wanted and the evening was nice, we didn't mind so much.Special Features:
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I celebrated my wedding anniversary I had a great steak and my wife enjoyed the lobster rice, the service was excellent. On a previous visit with my father in-law we order the NY Strip and after a few bites we looked at each other and said at the same time, this is the best steak ever!!!
- Foodie1Dined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed out dinner....my wife and I shared a couple of apps and a main dish....all were very good and better than most NJ Chinese restaurants. We will return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyone!JebmomDined on 6/27/2014Unbelievable lobster fried rice special! Great vibe. Unique dishes prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love TemplesunyunspoonDined on 6/27/2014We had been there two times before, and we brought two friends with us this time. They loved it just as much as we do. The prawns are large and juicy, and the sauces are flavorful but not over powering. I had the shrimp with lobster sauce, and it was the best I ever ate. We'll be going back there for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting food - onderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014The food is upscale and fresh Chinese. The dishes with filet mignon are outstanding. The staff is mostly younger folks - some in high school. They are all friendly and smiling and ready to help. Sit outside or in the "bar" area. It can get loud in the other room. Enjoy!
- DinnerDined on 6/14/20142nd time I've been there & the svc & food were great!!...Special Features:
- High End Chinese FoodStella61Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good and tasted fresh! The lobster fried rice was excellent. The pan seared pork dumplings and filet mignon egg roll were excellent!! The chicken and broccoli was oily and I was disappointed. We never even got rice with the chicken and broccoli. We originally asked to substitute the white rice for fried rice and were given an adamant NO by the waitress (I hate going to places where they do not allow you to substitute even if you are willing to pay.....just shows they want you to purchase it a la carte). The cappuccino was excellent! The waitress was not very friendly. Atmosphere was very nice and outdoor seating was great. I would consider going back and taking my children to enjoy the outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2014Consistently gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 277 reviews are from the Temple Gourmet Chinese reviews archive.
- Food is tremendousCazman99Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I went to Temple on Friday night before a show at Basie. We loved it so much that we went back the next night. On a recommendation, I had the sizzling steak and it was incredible. We eat out a lot mostly in Asbury and Belmar but Temple will be a staple in our rotation from now on. If you haven't been here yet, go soon, you will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch MenuwifesabrucefanVIPDined on 5/13/2014This place has a fantastic lunch menu with generous entrees for $10 including soup to start. No one in our party was able to finish our lunch so you get to bring food home.Special Features:
- Great find for Mother's Day DinnerJohnDined on 5/11/2014Picked this restaurant for Mother's Day and it was an excellent choice. The regular menu choices were very appealing and the specials made it even better. Lobster fried rice looked and tasted wonderful. Highly recommend this Red Bank gem.Special Features:
- Thank you EmilyPeterDined on 5/10/2014Emily was the most ambiable waitress i have had in years. Down to earth and asset to TEMPLE. Temple was awesome a Chinese American fusion BYOB the food was terrificSpecial Features:
- DINNER W/FRIENDSNJREEREEDined on 5/3/2014Temple is a great place to go to dinner with friends. Food is good and service was better then the last time I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but not that specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was good. The decour was bland. Noise level was high as restaurant got busy, my wife and I had trouble hearing each other talk. Service was good. The location is nice being in Red Bank. Overall it was a nice restaurant but honestly not that special warranting the higher Chinese food cost.Special Features:
- Excellent Chinese food. BYOB.wifesabrucefanVIPDined on 4/25/2014This was our 4th visit. Food quality is outstanding. Our waitress was knowledgeable of the menu and helped us order. Food prices are in line with quality. BYOB is odd for a Chinese restaurant. Especially one with a built bar showcasing empty liquor bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLocalGuyDined on 4/18/2014We have had dinner here a few times & it's always good. The staff is always very attentive, from the minute you walk in until you leave. The appetizer for two is my favorite because it is a great sampling of the whole appetizer menu & is really delicious. Consistently a great dinner choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly friedDebbieDined on 4/18/2014There was no option for steamed fish on Good Friday.
- nice upscale chinese but pricyMajqueen53Dined on 4/5/2014We went for Restaurant week to try it out for the first time. This is an excellent upscale Chinese restaurant but the prices are rather high so we have avoided it in the past. Best entree of the night was the Chung King Beef (on regular menu). Very large portions. Our group of 6 could easily have shared 4 entrees.Special Features:
- Never disappointingChrisADined on 3/29/2014Have eaten here on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. Food is always very good and service is always attentive. If their is any drawback , it would be when the restaurant is crowded it tends to get loud. Other than that I would highly recommend Temple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time's A CharmRaelDined on 3/29/2014This was our first visit to Temple Gourmet but it won't be our last. The atmosphere was modern and relaxed. I went with a group of people and we all enjoyed our meals very much. We had a range of sesame chicken, lobster fried rice and pork lo main. The portion size is large, so we all were able to share. The BBQ rib appetizer was hit with everyone! Our server was attentive and polite. But be warned it is a BYOB restaurant . They have a bar but it just for show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your normal chinese placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014I've been here more than 5 times now and each experience has been excellent. The food is great. Try the tangerine beef. And the fried tofu appetizer, and anything they make with shrimp, just awesome. I've been here with work colleagues, teenage kids, friends, and romantic dinners with my husband. All have been fun. BYOB keeps the price reasonable. For me, they are a gem in the crowded Red Bank restaurant scene. I'd rather a Friday night here than any other restaurant in RB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crispy Prawns!LmkenDined on 3/28/2014All the food was delicious, but the crispy prawns were especially good. Peking duck was good. Great fried rice & Filet Mignon egg roll.Special Features: