3232 Old Pickett Road
Fairfax, VA 22031Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.temelrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7033525477
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ismet Gezgic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Gungor 7033466500
A word from Temel Restaurant
Temel Euro Mediterranean Restaurant which serves dishes from Mediterranean region includes from Turkey, Greece and Israel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Temel Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- I loved their prompt serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012I loved their prompt service and food! The lamb shish kabob was outstanding. We will definitely return this restaurant.Special Features:
- Dolmads and Lamb Shank wereBoringVIPDined on 5/2/2012Dolmads and Lamb Shank were excellent. Baklava not so much -- it was soggy.
- Quite, local, great service & food.outotownersDined on 4/7/2012Went on Saturday night with friends from out of town. Six of us were able to carry on a conversation, which I love. The service was helpful but not in-your-face; also we wanted to share the food family style. They don't usually serve like that, but the waitress didn't bat an eye. That's what you want, that's what you shall have. Very decent, consistent Turkish food in our neighborhood. We've brought others from out of town, too, and Temel always impresses our guests. I go often for lunch-my friend and I get the delicious bread, a salad, and the most wonderful Turkish lentil soup, which isn't like any other lentil soup. Great to warm you up on a cold day. The baklava is the best I've had and the Turkish pizza is good, too.Special Features:
- Very happy customerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2012Temel is a great place for a relaxed, delicious dinner. The bread is out of this world, the salads were ample and delicious, and the main courses generous, tasty, and pleasingly-prepared ... all at a great price. The service was exemplary. We live out of state, but when back in the area, we would definitely make Temel a top choice.Special Features:
- Nice find for a Turkish restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Nice find for a Turkish restaurant. We enjoyed it, the food was good, and the wait staff were attentive.Special Features:
- My husband & I went for oneffxdinerVIPDined on 3/10/2012My husband & I went for one their special, the iskender kabob. It's never disappointed us.Special Features:
- A keeperOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011Server was very attentive but not hovering. Ambiance is one of great quiet and simple elegance. White table cloths are a real plus. Food is quite tasty. Best lentil soup around. Grille ground lamb kabobs and grilled veggie kabob so good. Also the salad of cucmber, tomato, green pepper and onion a good addition to delicious lunch. Too full for dessert but willr eturn and have just some lentil soup and dessert.Special Features:
- Not good for large groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2011Not good for large groups. I called ahead to discuss payment. It turned out to be a disaster.
- Although not the best TurkishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2011Although not the best Turkish food in the area, some dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Temel-lowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011My wife is half Turkish and this one of her favorite Turkish restaurants in Metro D.C.. Service is friendly, atmosphere is nice and relaxed, not amazing-it's in an older strip mall. The kids liked it. Food was authentic and delicious. Tab with tip for 4 adult meals including wine, one kid's meal, and appetizers and one dessert was well under $200.00. There's a coupon for 10% off on Temel's website, which unfortunately I forgot to bring. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It's a wonderful place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011It's a wonderful place to go with a group. We could actually carry on a conversation. The food was very good.Special Features:
- I made reservation for ourBZTravelerDined on 5/8/2011I made reservation for our family of 4 for mother's day. I requested a high chair (for our 15-month old). When we arrived the waiter did not "notice" that we needed a high chair. We stood in front of our table for several minutes until I decided to look for someone and ask for a high chair. Then I was told, we are out of them. I complained and they asked a family that had one that was not being used to give it to us. Frankly, that was disapointing. In the past we were very impressed with the food, this time it was just OK. Not bad but not memorable at all. I'll try it again some other time.
- Excellent middle eastern/mediterranrestongalVIPDined on 4/16/2011Excellent middle eastern/mediterranean food; average ambience.
- Having lived in Turkey severalDuckSoup11VIPDined on 4/11/2011Having lived in Turkey several years we can recommend Temel's food as authentic and well-prepared; the lamb shish, the ground-lamb shish, and the spinach pie (main course) all were excellent, as were the falafel appetizer and the brown and crusty house-made pita. Temel's doner kebab may be the best of any Turkish restaurant in the area - available only on weekends but we wish they'd do it more often. Service is friendly and the restaurant is nicely decorated inside. Don't be put off by the outside of the place (which is this strip mall's fault entirely).Special Features: